Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2024 4:10:50 PM EDT
Just sharing because it looks good. It's an Affinity series Telecaster. Very nicely put together I think.. Sounds nice too. Very bright is how I'd describe it. No case or any accessories and I paid $110.00 for it. Seemed a good price for what it is. I sure wish I could play as well as good as it looks!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 4:34:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Have u played the forbidden song yet?
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 5:15:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Where did you get it?
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 5:19:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice!  Is that a flame maple neck?  You stole that for $110.  If I saw one at that price, I'd have snapped it up too.
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 7:01:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By die-tryin:
Have u played the forbidden song yet?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/17/2024 8:02:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Before covid that was the going price for affinity strats and teles around here, but now with that flame on the fretboard? You stole it.

Link Posted: 8/17/2024 8:55:48 PM EDT
[#7]
No I've not played the forbidden songs. Now I may have played elements of them playing a run.

It was listed on FB Marketplace and I figured at that price a even a Squier was a good deal. I also wanted to compare it to a Xaviere(?) Tele that I bought in 2016. Shapes and weights and sounds. That Xaviere is like a lead weight.

I noticed but didn't pay much attention to the ... grain on the fingerboard. I guess I'll look at it closer.

I like it especially for me. Inexpensive and looks nice. And since my cat is the only one that has to listen to me play that's all I need.
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 9:24:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pavil58ar:
No I've not played the forbidden songs. Now I may have played elements of them playing a run.

It was listed on FB Marketplace and I figured at that price a even a Squier was a good deal. I also wanted to compare it to a Xaviere(?) Tele that I bought in 2016. Shapes and weights and sounds. That Xaviere is like a lead weight.

I noticed but didn't pay much attention to the ... grain on the fingerboard. I guess I'll look at it closer.

I like it especially for me. Inexpensive and looks nice. And since my cat is the only one that has to listen to me play that's all I need.
View Quote

I've found that a cheap Tele with traditional tele pickups sounds, well, like a Tele. If you do want to do some substantive but budget upgrades...

-Bone nut (since nuts are almost always an area the playability and tuning stability can be improved with)
-Tonerider Hot Classics Tele pickup set (just an all around good set for rock and country with meatier neck pickup for TX blues)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top