Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2020 2:27:12 AM EDT
I appreciate everyone’s support in the first Book

I am currently debating on what should be the topic of the next book. I have narrowed it down to a RPG 7 build that fires inert OG 7V rounds for now or a 37mm spade mortar

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I am trying to gauge interest from the community

The 37mm mortar would be easier and I could build, test fire and produce the book in a shorter time But the design is less interesting
The RPG-7 is far more prolific but would require a lot more time and investment To complete safely. I would likely sell the panzerfaust to help fund the build. I may try sell T-Shirts or something if there’s enough interest to go into the funding to build the rpg-7 and book.

Please let me know your thoughts and what kind of book would be preferred for the community

Link Posted: 10/8/2020 2:29:27 AM EDT
[#1]
The mortar is something I bet others could do. So the mortar. And good luck with the project
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 2:32:28 AM EDT
[#2]
My vote is for RPG-7.  By the way, have you considered releasing your work as a Kindle ebook?
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 2:37:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My vote is for RPG-7.  By the way, have you considered releasing your work as a Kindle ebook?
View Quote

I’ll likely release the ebook after this new book releases and continue with that schedule in future books. There’s many factors that led to that decision so I apologize for any inconvenience for ebook readers
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 3:12:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Get both.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 3:13:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Whichever is more actionable.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 3:14:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I think adapting P. A. Luty's original "Expedient" book to use modern materials would be pretty useful for those who do not wish to manufacture their own springs etc.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 3:16:29 AM EDT
[#7]
My vote is for the mortar.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 3:22:03 AM EDT
[#8]
RPG
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 9:21:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My vote is for the mortar.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/8/2020 9:26:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Knee mortar WW II Japanese.   Just don't put it against the "knee" unless you like broken body parts.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 2:45:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I have been thinking about ways to make either one without blowing myself up.
Vote yes for both.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 3:13:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Knee mortar WW II Japanese.   Just don't put it against the "knee" unless you like broken body parts.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/anlaOcpi8JA/maxresdefault.jpg
View Quote

French use something similar.  They have a lot of HE options available to the infantryman.  40mm grenades, rifle grenades, hand grenades, and knee mortars.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 10:08:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Would it be possible to sell a destructive device when I just moved to a new state? (Form 20 approved prior to moving) I don’t yet have a drivers license of my new state. Would that effect the sale?

Thank you
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 11:14:45 AM EDT
[#14]
RPG7!
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 11:20:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Mortar for the win, if it's HE.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 2:18:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Currently my biggest problem with the RPG-7 is the expansion chamber, seems like it would take a pretty skilled machinist to turn it from a small 40mm part of the tube to make that chamber. The originals were cast however the American version is milled from 4140/4150 steel. Least I’ve got the material covered.

I’m considering also the panzerfaust 44 as it’s tube is simpler and i can try to replicate the external parts as possible

Link to photo dump of every photo i could find

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top