Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

No Dogs or Irish Allowed (Page 1 of 2)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/7/2024 3:24:04 PM EDT
My wife's aunt was born in England to Irish parents in the '50s. She said that signs like these were still visible when she was a child and her father struggled to find work due to those attitudes.
We also know they faced lots of prejudice when fleeing to America during the famine. Violent, lazy, uneducated drunks, who were notorious for domestic abuse. The fear was that crime, loose morals and unemployment would skyrocket wherever they settled. I think that those fears tended to be well-founded when you look at large East Coast cities in that area. I would say that poverty played a larger part in the stereotypes than genetics, "Poor People Have Poor Ways" is a quote I find to be accurate.

What I'm finding ironic lately, is the Irish anti-immigration movement. I 100% agree with their opposition to the african and middle-eastern invasion, but the parallels are pretty obvious. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:32:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I’d quote blazing saddles but I’d probably get an account lock
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:32:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Good grief.

Comparing people moving to a new land to escape mass starvation from famine to people flooding America to rape & pillage its social programs is more idiotic than my brain can handle on a Tuesday.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:33:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kubota3430] [#3]
I will take dogs over the Irish.

Some Leprechaun somehow charmed the panties off of my Great Grandma, and ruined her pure German blood. Even though I still love my long lost grandma who was a have breed.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:34:17 PM EDT
[#4]
My ex mother in law is Irish and I have been to that island twice. I can see why they weren’t allowed

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:34:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SeanTX] [#5]
ETA - Don't ban me. It's a book by Johnny Rotten/John Lydon.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:36:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ciraxis:
View Quote

Rape murder and rape.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:41:00 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

The sheriff is near?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:44:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By m200maker:

Rape murder and rape.
View Quote

You said “rape” twice.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:51:03 PM EDT
[#10]
"There's only two things I hate in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch."
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:21:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akcaribouhunter] [#11]
Great grandfather and grandfather immigrated together. Grandpa was maybe 5-8 yrs old at the time.

They went to the south,then up to Minnesota/Michigan,N. Dakota and finally settled in Montana.

Faced the Irish hate everywhere.
Also had a cross burned on his property in Montana.
They were a mix mostly irish,Scottish and then English.

Grandpa passed right before I was born.
Would have loved to have talked to him.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:24:36 PM EDT
[#12]
You have to understand that by the 1950s,
So many of the smart and awesome Irish people had already gone to America for generations that the Irish in the UK at the time were statistically and significantly inferior.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:25:27 PM EDT
[#13]
BIL in london says they are still openly bigoted against the irish.  He's an immigrant so he was shocked.  Only group they're allowed to make fun of there, aside from themselves-the english.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:29:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cpt_Kirks] [#14]
View Quote

"...but we Don't Want The Irish!"

There, all safe.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:32:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By BillythePoet:
My wife's aunt was born in England to Irish
What I'm finding ironic lately, is the Irish anti-immigration movement. I 100% agree with their opposition to the african and middle-eastern invasion, but the parallels are pretty obvious. Thoughts?
View Quote
I don't know much about that movement, but is it actually anti-immigrant or are they just against the government's handouts for immigrants?

It's one thing to be mad at a bunch of foreigners simply because they're foreigners, but it's another thing all together if the immigration is putting a real strain on the locals.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:33:59 PM EDT
[#16]
I was up early one morning watching a documentary about Westward expansion in the US.  They talked about how the US govt ran ads in Irish newspapers offering free land if they would homestead the property.
What wasn't explained in the ad though was the govt saw the Irish as barely one step above the "Indian savages" and was using the Irish as a buffer between American settlers and Indians who would attack the settlements.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:38:38 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

The Sheriff is near?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:46:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Violent, lazy, uneducated drunks, who were notorious for domestic abuse.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:56:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Hatari:

You said “rape” twice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Rape murder and rape.

You said “rape” twice.

He likes rape
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:01:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By amendment:

He likes rape
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By amendment:

Rape murder and rape.

You said “rape” twice.

He likes rape

Yeah, but what do you have against arson?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:03:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Some of the Irish are good, God fearing, hard working people.

Anybody that says something different I'll punch him in the mouth when I finish my whiskey.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:04:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blitzkreig] [#22]
How about Irish dags?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:08:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1245xx] [#23]
That why we call the vehicle that transports ports prisoners to jail,  the ‘paddy’ wagon.  Still do.  Black and white officers never have complained.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:18:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By MilHouse-556:
"There's only two things I hate in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch."
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:18:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bikedamon] [#25]
One of my history professors, who was originally from Ireland, wrote a book on the subject.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:22:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MarkHatfield] [#26]
At one time there was great concern because of Roman Catholics coming to this new country.

Imagine a time in the past.  Two 1830s gentlemen are discussing certain, well...."They look just like people but are really just high level animals.  No good if left on their own.  Need to be tightly controlled, even for their own good'.  If those two gentlemen were Americans, they were discussing Negros.  If they were English, then they were discussing the Irish.

Remember, there was a time when the English tried to eliminate the Irish 'race'.  Many were forcible taken from their land and put where things don't grow, trying to move back was the death penalty.  Many others were taken as slaves.  To be polite, the English called it 'permanent indenture' rather than slavery.  They were the FIRST slaves brought to the new world.  Later when African slaves were introduced, the Irish slaves were so much cheaper that they were considered disposable.  There was an attempt to produce a better slave by the forced breeding of an Irish woman to an African male.

Now you have a better idea of why the Irish hate the English so much.

There was later a time of concern by the established Americans that the country would be 'eaten up by the Shantee Irish and the Heathen Chinee'.  There were actual illustrated posters.

An aside, my uncle Scotty related how there was a time where poverty and wages were so different that a young Scot could borrow money to come here, work the harvests, return home, repay his debt, and if frugal, have enough to live on until the next cycle.  

There were some Irish who came here and had only been off the boat a few days when pressed into military service to fight the Confederacy.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:27:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:38:23 PM EDT
[#28]
The Irish built Ireland, which is, generally, a clean, safe, pretty place. Third world shitholers build third world shitholes, which aren't. The problem is genetic and has little to do with money. The Irish need to keep Ireland Irish, I'm sick of unique and valuable places getting turned into shitholes b/c white people are such spineless moral cowards.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:55:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: flcracker] [#29]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:16:46 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm half Irish, and half German. When I was a kid I always had conflicting urges. I either wanted to drink whiskey, or invade France.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:32:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By sh768:
Violent, lazy, uneducated drunks, who were notorious for domestic abuse.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/JqKNbaYKsdSve/200w.gif?cid=6c09b952ytl3tcauihzzxf4egtyeap8nmg9rmg1zaf4r79rk&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w.gif&ct=g

Thats a Grade A bog Irish hick right there.

Thats coming from a Paddy.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By USCG_CPO:
I was up early one morning watching a documentary about Westward expansion in the US.  They talked about how the US govt ran ads in Irish newspapers offering free land if they would homestead the property.
What wasn't explained in the ad though was the govt saw the Irish as barely one step above the "Indian savages" and was using the Irish as a buffer between American settlers and Indians who would attack the settlements.
View Quote

The transcontinental railroad was mostly built by Irish going West and Chinese going East.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:43:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Lucifer_Sam:
The Irish built Ireland, which is, generally, a clean, safe, pretty place. Third world shitholers build third world shitholes, which aren't. The problem is genetic and has little to do with money. The Irish need to keep Ireland Irish, I'm sick of unique and valuable places getting turned into shitholes b/c white people are such spineless moral cowards.
View Quote

No, you don't understand, the dirt is MAGIC!
The Irish built a nice country because of the magic dirt, and once you bring other people to the magic dirt they too will be successful!
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:30:42 PM EDT
[#34]
BTW  Drifting:  Some folks from what we call Scotland, moved to Ireland, than back to Scotland and became the Scots.

Even much earlier, the first 'modern' people migrating to Ireland, found there an aboriginal people, rather primitive.  So of course, they were killed and driven into the woods.  Thus began the Leprechaun stories.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:33:11 PM EDT
[#35]
I don’t understand people who don’t like dogs.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:35:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By freewilly:
I'm half Irish, and half German. When I was a kid I always had conflicting urges. I either wanted to drink whiskey, or invade France.
View Quote

@freewilly
I’ll bet you’re a meticulous drunk.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:35:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By MarkHatfield:
At one time there was great concern because of Roman Catholics coming to this new country.

Imagine a time in the past.  Two 1830s gentlemen are discussing certain, well...."They look just like people but are really just high level animals.  No good if left on their own.  Need to be tightly controlled, even for their own good'.  If those two gentlemen were Americans, they were discussing Negros.  If they were English, then they were discussing the Irish.

Remember, there was a time when the English tried to eliminate the Irish 'race'.  Many were forcible taken from their land and put where things don't grow, trying to move back was the death penalty.  Many others were taken as slaves.  To be polite, the English called it 'permanent indenture' rather than slavery.  They were the FIRST slaves brought to the new world.  Later when African slaves were introduced, the Irish slaves were so much cheaper that they were considered disposable.  There was an attempt to produce a better slave by the forced breeding of an Irish woman to an African male.

Now you have a better idea of why the Irish hate the English so much.

There was later a time of concern by the established Americans that the country would be 'eaten up by the Shantee Irish and the Heathen Chinee'.  There were actual illustrated posters.

An aside, my uncle Scotty related how there was a time where poverty and wages were so different that a young Scot could borrow money to come here, work the harvests, return home, repay his debt, and if frugal, have enough to live on until the next cycle.  

There were some Irish who came here and had only been off the boat a few days when pressed into military service to fight the Confederacy.
View Quote
My paternal grandmother could not get a teaching job in her home or county because she was
1. Roman Catholic
2. Married to a Irish/Scottish fella.

In Montana
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#38]
What does William Cutting think of all this?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Didn't some of the Irish move from NY to Appalachia and become hillbillies, with their own dialect?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:05:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By jough43:
Didn't some of the Irish move from NY to Appalachia and become hillbillies, with their own dialect?
View Quote
Irish and Scottish
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:06:35 PM EDT
[#41]
If I ever have to work with people in Ireland again I will find another job ASAP.  I have never worked with a group of people so willing to lie and try and cost someone their career like people from there.  It's a fucking game in that shit culture.

The only reason why they are relevant is they are the world's tax shelter.  Fuck Ireland
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:09:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Archers Sire?

Send the Irish, arrows cost money.

Edward Longshanks

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:11:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Freud is commonly quoted as saying that the Irish are the only people impervious to psychoanalysis.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:14:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Well you don't have to ask if someone is Irish, worse than crossfit or bear stuff.  You also don't have to ask if someone has a dog, they'll be making it a problem for everyone else in no time flat.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:15:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Shadowgrouse:

The transcontinental railroad was mostly built by Irish going West and Chinese going East.
View Quote

So that's why the tracks didn't line up.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:19:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By akcaribouhunter:
Great grandfather and grandfather immigrated together. Grandpa was maybe 5-8 yrs old at the time.

They went to the south,then up to Minnesota/Michigan,N. Dakota and finally settled in Montana.

Faced the Irish hate everywhere.
Also had a cross burned on his property in Montana.
They were a mix mostly irish,Scottish and then English.

Grandpa passed right before I was born.
Would have loved to have talked to him.
View Quote

Sounds like Reparations are due to the Irish.

Where are the Feds screaming for this?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:35:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blaster32] [#47]
Gangs Of New York (2002) The Butcher & Priest's Speech before Battle HD

Noone yet? There are more applicable parts in the movie, but potentially bannable
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:35:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Cristo11:
Good grief.

Comparing people moving to a new land to escape mass starvation from famine to people flooding America to rape & pillage its social programs is more idiotic than my brain can handle on a Tuesday.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:39:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Rheinmetall792:

Sounds like Reparations are due to the Irish.

Where are the Feds screaming for this?
View Quote
Rural Montana back in the 1930 or somewhere in that time frame. Was before WWII.

Grandpa had never had a racist bone in his body.
Got along with with everyone.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:40:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
No Dogs or Irish Allowed (Page 1 of 2)
Top Top