Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/23/2021 1:29:05 PM EDT
https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/lab-tests-no-tuna-subway-sandwiches

We can only imagine what's in Taco Bell "meat" or McDonalds "chicken" nuggets...I'll take a guess on this one - beaks, bones, and buttholes?

Bon Appetit!
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 1:32:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Sad
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 1:33:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Aren't most of their "meats" just turkey and soy?
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 1:37:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Subway is so fucking gross. Just about every grocery store deli will make you a sub or sandwich using far better quality ingredients. Wegmans being the king of grocery store subs.

Link Posted: 6/23/2021 1:38:57 PM EDT
[#5]
It's off brand scrapple.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 1:39:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 1:42:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Subway is so fucking gross. Just about every grocery store deli will make you a sub or sandwich using far better quality ingredients. Wegmans being the king of grocery store subs.

View Quote

Pub Sub or no sub at all
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 1:44:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Article said Specifically that no tuna was found in the footlongs.
Thats why i only get the six inch ones.

Link Posted: 6/23/2021 1:45:04 PM EDT
[#9]
In other words, Flipper went to Subway and never returned?
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 1:46:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I miss the Subway "seafood" sandwich.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 1:48:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
In other words, Flipper went to Subway and never returned?
View Quote

Fuck you dolphin! Stab, stab, stab, stab, stab, stab, stab, stab, stab, stab, stab, stab, stab
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 1:48:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Is it "5 dollar foot long month" yet? Im jonesing for an Italian BMT.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 1:49:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Pub Sub or no sub at all
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pub Sub or no sub at all

Correct. Pub Sub is the best sub
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 1:51:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Goddammit I usually get the tuna when I go to Subway. The tuna is probably ground-up hagfish...
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 1:53:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:00:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Pub Sub or no sub at all
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pub Sub or no sub at all

No one who has had Publix and Wegmans subs would ever vote for Publix.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:02:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yes, most everything is turkey and soy based.  Absolutely sucks.
View Quote

"Parts is parts." - Fast food commercial c. 1980
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:04:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Did you think they were done fucking you just because Jared got locked up?
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:07:13 PM EDT
[#19]
You get Dominated at Subway
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:08:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pub Sub says fuck you
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:10:42 PM EDT
[#21]
What do you expect when you pay $5 for a foot long?

I'll hit Jersey Mike's or a locally owned sub shop if I'm near one if I want a sub.

Harris Teeter has good subs too, as stated above.  I lived within a couple miles of one for 10 years or so, I miss it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:13:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Subway responded to the lawsuit in January, saying there is "no truth to the allegations in the complaint" and affirming the chain "delivers 100% cooked tuna to its restaurants."

Seems they're used to stretching the truth.

Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:14:41 PM EDT
[#23]
The lab determined two potential reasons why no tuna was detected in the sample, saying, "One it’s so heavily processed that whatever we could pull out, we couldn’t make an identification … Or we got some and there’s just nothing there that’s tuna," the newspaper noted.

Experts told the Times that when tuna is cooked, its protein breaks down, making it hard to identify, so the lab results may not be accurate, according to the Times.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:19:19 PM EDT
[#24]
The lab determined two potential reasons why no tuna was detected in the sample, saying, "One it’s so heavily processed that whatever we could pull out, we couldn’t make an identification … Or we got some and there’s just nothing there that’s tuna," the newspaper noted.

Experts told the Times that when tuna is cooked, its protein breaks down, making it hard to identify, so the lab results may not be accurate, according to the Times.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:21:54 PM EDT
[#25]
I hear they don't put italians in the bmt sub as well.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:22:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Carp yes, tuna, no.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:24:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'll hit Jersey Mike's or a locally owned sub shop if I'm near one if I want a sub.

Harris Teeter has good subs too, as stated above.  I lived within a couple miles of one for 10 years or so, I miss it.
View Quote

Didn't they end the $5 foot long thing? I never eat there but I remember a thread on it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:27:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:29:21 PM EDT
[#29]
100% Tuna-safe dolphin.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:29:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Didn't they end the $5 foot long thing? I never eat there but I remember a thread on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get a foot long Spicy Italian every few weeks, it's like 5.50 or something.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:30:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Thorazine works at Subway?
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:36:26 PM EDT
[#32]
I will just continue eating at the local gas station. The ladies there make a home cooked meal everyday at lunch. Today was soup beans, cornbread, fried chicken livers, fried potatoes, and strawberry cake for $5.99.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:36:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Subway is so disgusting.

It wasn't so bad about 20 years ago but then so many new franchise owners came in that were huge penny pinchers.

My friend worked at the same Subway for 4 years back in the late 90's. She told me how when the new owners came in, they would find ways to save money buying the lowest quality meats and cheeses. Even the bread tasted different. Where as the old owners actually gave a shit and used higher end products.

She was also instructed to be super skimpy on the meats and vegetables even though the prices stayed the same.

Within a month there was hardly any lines, the place sat empty, and then a year or so later closed down.

Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:38:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They replaced it with a different promotion. Now they send a purple-haired shemale to hit you with a soccer ball if you order a cheeseburger.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:41:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Subway is so disgusting.

It wasn't so bad about 20 years ago but then so many new franchise owners came in that were huge penny pinchers.

My friend worked at the same Subway for 4 years back in the late 90's. She told me how when the new owners came in, they would find ways to save money buying the lowest quality meats and cheeses. Even the bread tasted different. Where as the old owners actually gave a shit and used higher end products.

She was also instructed to be super skimpy on the meats and vegetables even though the prices stayed the same.

Within a month there was hardly any lines, the place sat empty, and then a year or so later closed down.

View Quote

I'm pretty sure Subway franchise owners can't purchase their ingredients from just anywhere, your friend is FOS.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:42:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It's off brand scrapple.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:44:42 PM EDT
[#37]
there’s no actual tuna DNA in its sandwiches and wraps.
View Quote

Probably just pure Dolphin.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:46:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Jersey Mike's for me
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:46:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Article said Specifically that no tuna was found in the footlongs.
Thats why i only get the six inch ones.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:49:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pub Sub or no sub at all

I used to live on those, especially the Chicken Tender Buffalo ones...but ended up at 282 lbs..so no mo..currently at 212 lbs..have quit Publix all together
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:49:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Probably just pure Dolphin.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:49:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Eeeewwwwwwww.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:50:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It's off brand scrapple.
View Quote

Maybe, but they have an app for pre ordering and paying and it tastes not bad so it is my go to quick lunch.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:50:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's pretty much what I get whenever I go.  Beverage and chips are where they usually get ya.  Two meals, one foot long, one six inches ends up at something like $18.  I usually just get the subs, and we'll get whatever we have at home.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:52:09 PM EDT
[#45]
While I hate Subway even in the article it says once it is cooked its hard to detect.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:54:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe the king if you live in a frozen tundra where they don't have Boar's Head meats and cheeses.  Publix is the actual king.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:55:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Subway near my former employer gave me and a few others food poisoning. Closed for a while and reopened. I am not taking any chances after that shit and puke extravaganza.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:57:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/lab-tests-no-tuna-subway-sandwiches

We can only imagine what's in Taco Bell "meat" or McDonalds "chicken" nuggets...I'll take a guess on this one - beaks, bones, and buttholes?

Bon Appetit!
View Quote

It's everything but Flipper's squeal
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:58:26 PM EDT
[#49]
It’s gar
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:59:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Subway is so disgusting.

View Quote

I am surprised Subway didn't pull the franchise's license. I have seen that happen before.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top