Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 202
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:06:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Shung:
What’s up with all the fabulous colors for the Miami GP ? Are they telling us something about… who ?
View Quote

Ever see The Birdcage?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:09:46 AM EDT
[#2]
What's up with all the fabulous colors for the Miami GP ? Are they telling us something about  who ?
View Quote
Bright neon colors, especially pinks and blues, is just kind of a trademark of the Miami nightlife.
You'll see it in a lot of graphic arts relative to Miami as well.

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:14:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Miami never really left the 80’s 😁

And that’s okay 👍
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:18:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I looked back a few pages and did not see any discussion about this:  Congress members send letter to FIA regarding Andretti
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:42:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By drewptwo:
I looked back a few pages and did not see any discussion about this:  Congress members send letter to FIA regarding Andretti
View Quote

I mentioned it on the previous page.

More Andretti talking, but not walking.

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:46:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By tabraha:
VCARB livery looks better than Ferrari's.
View Quote

Ferrari's is fugly. 13 HP logos with a blue that clashes with the red, and the baby blue accents that REALLY clash with the red, not to mention the service-station attendant racing suits for Charles and Carlos.

It's the Biden Administration of F1 liveries.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:49:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By fike:

View Quote

@fike sorry, I missed that somehow.  I find it weird congress would even stick their nose in this.  The letter also gave only 2 or 3 days for FIA to respond.  I bet they just copy their previous statements and tell them to FO.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:02:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By not_sure:

Max is a very good driver.  He isn't that good though, he is in the fastest car on the grid.  A few years ago the Mercs were doing the same thing. The difference is Hamilton had a faster teammate.
View Quote

Username checks out.

Max was competitive quite often with a midfield RB car for multiple seasons. We aren't seeing the same things, at all.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:14:14 AM EDT
[#9]

@fike sorry, I missed that somehow.  I find it weird congress would even stick their nose in this.  The letter also gave only 2 or 3 days for FIA to respond.  I bet they just copy their previous statements and tell them to FO.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

No worries. This deserves to be discussed for what it is because you damn sure won’t find much discussion on the F1 web.

The “Andretti” game has always been to gain a billion dollar asset while the buy in numbers are favorable via the current Concorde Agreement.

Congress will stick their nose in anything for the right price and the timing (on the lead up to the Miami weekend) shows this as just another typical game being played by this group. I’d be shocked if this went any further than a weekend of grandstanding. To push it further would bring in other groups with very deep pockets and influence (like the NFL, etc.).
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:19:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Holy shit ... a text convo my three sons just had on our group chat ...

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:43:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Aston Martin would being doing pretty well if they had just replaced the window licker.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:11:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By SemperGumbi:
Aston Martin would being doing pretty well if they had just replaced the window licker.
View Quote
I think they're just giving their brother a rash of shit. He's the least "in tune" with F1.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:34:55 PM EDT
[#13]
What’s up with all the fabulous colors for the Miami GP ? Are they telling us something about… who ?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:48:13 PM EDT
[#14]

No worries. This deserves to be discussed for what it is because you damn sure won’t find much discussion on the F1 web.

The “Andretti” game has always been to gain a billion dollar asset while the buy in numbers are favorable via the current Concorde Agreement.

Congress will stick their nose in anything for the right price and the timing (on the lead up to the Miami weekend) shows this as just another typical game being played by this group. I’d be shocked if this went any further than a weekend of grandstanding. To push it further would bring in other groups with very deep pockets and influence (like the NFL, etc.).
View Quote

Interesting you mention other deep pockets... I saw an article today that the owner of the Dolphins was offered $10B for the team, stadium, and control of the Miami GP.  The article made it sound like the Miami GP was the main focus of the acquisition, but the owner declined deciding to keep the assets in the family.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:09:46 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

I mean I can understand why.  Why do they want to do another Spec series when they already do...Indy....which is a spec series.  All that is forcing them to burn money over years to get in.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:22:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn I'm in Munich right now so race is at 10pm. Fortunately I found a bar showing it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:35:23 PM EDT
[#17]

Interesting you mention other deep pockets... I saw an article today that the owner of the Dolphins was offered $10B for the team, stadium, and control of the Miami GP.  The article made it sound like the Miami GP was the main focus of the acquisition, but the owner declined deciding to keep the assets in the family.
View All Quotes

A skeptic might think the $10 billion dollar public offer during the run up to the Miami GP was a shill bid to be leveraged at a later date.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:44:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By poison123:

I mean I can understand why.  Why do they want to do another Spec series when they already do...Indy....which is a spec series.  All that is forcing them to burn money over years to get in.
View All Quotes

That’s actually a pretty fair assessment. They should probably try to be successful in Indy first.

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:52:05 PM EDT
[#19]

That’s actually a pretty fair assessment. They should probably try to be successful in Indy first.

View All Quotes

It was pretty clearly stated a few weeks ago. Andretti wants to try to get more American drivers into the F1 pipe line, via F3/F2 and building the supporting facilities and personnel over the next few years to demonstrate that they are in fact serious about getting into F1.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:15:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:

It was pretty clearly stated a few weeks ago. Andretti wants to try to get more American drivers into the F1 pipe line, via F3/F2 and building the supporting facilities and personnel over the next few years to demonstrate that they are in fact serious about getting into F1.
View Quote

Which is great. Make it happen. I’m all for it. Create the teams, run the races, and show the world what they can do. It will take time and serious commitment.

But that defeats the purpose of everything they have been trying to do. Beat the clock on the new Concorde Agreement and its updated anti-dilution fee corrected for current team valuations.

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:20:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:35:51 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:46:41 PM EDT
[#23]

Max is a very good driver.  He isn't that good though, he is in the fastest car on the grid.  A few years ago the Mercs were doing the same thing. The difference is Hamilton had a faster teammate.
View Quote

Bingo

F1 is 65% car.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:50:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By JustinU235:
Damn I'm in Munich right now so race is at 10pm. Fortunately I found a bar showing it.
View Quote

I'm sure you can find something in the home of Beer'n'titties to distract you.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:59:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Esterhase:

I'm sure you can find something in the home of Beer'n'titties to distract you.
View Quote

There's definitely a lot of beer'n'titties around here.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:04:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

Bingo

F1 is 65% car.
View Quote

I'd say it's higher than that. 90% at least would be my "guess". Pierre Gasly would be leading F1 if he was in the RedBull. Stroll would fall into the other 10% category.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:25:48 PM EDT
[#27]
And

Most of the car differences are related to aero. The PUs are pretty equal by design. They all use the same rubber and suspension systems are only two basic designs. Push and Pull.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:44:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cypher214] [#28]
Originally Posted By Vern1968:

I'd say it's higher than that. 90% at least would be my "guess". Pierre Gasly would be leading F1 if he was in the RedBull. Stroll would fall into the other 10% category.
View All Quotes

Bingo

F1 is 65% car.

The car's overall performance and reliability are a huge part of it.  Being able to push the car to the limit while avoiding mistakes is another huge part.  Gasly had his time in a Red Bull and he couldn't hack it.  Granted, that was before RBR had an exceptional car but he consistently underperformed compared to Verstappen.

Max and Fernando are the 2 best drivers on the grid because they can ring out every last thousandth of a second from the car without fucking up.  Sainz and Norris are right there with them.  Leclerc is close but makes mistakes, same with Perez.  After that, it's Piastri followed by the rest of the grid in no particular order with the bottom being Stroll, Zhou, and Sargeant.

Hamilton had immense talent at one point but he's not the same driver anymore and he benefited greatly from a very dominant car.  Even at his best, Lewis was a sketchy driver who caused a lot of crashes if he wasn't running in front.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 4:07:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 4:18:14 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

The same Pierre Gasly who’s in 19th place, while his teammate is in 16th?  That Pierre Gasly?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 4:22:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: warp_foo] [#31]

View All Quotes

Bingo

F1 is 65% car.

It would be a bad guess. Here is a chart of the relative performance of the cars:

The performance spread is 2%. If Max is winning by tens of seconds, it's his talent that's getting the best out of the car. Not the car propping him up.

m

ETA: OK, it's likely a bit more complicated than this graph represents. I'm not sure where The Race gets the numbers from - presumably from qualification times. If so, the above chart doesn't take into account how the car's setup treats it's tires. That is really only visible over a number of laps on race fuel, so that performance percentage is likely a bit higher over a race distance.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 4:39:20 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

LOL Gasly leading F1 in the RB....I....I think not.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 4:49:11 PM EDT
[#33]
An interview from December 2023 from David Coulthard and Eddie Jordan’s podcast.

They released the vid today and it’s a pretty damn interesting interview with Newey.

Very relaxed and honest conversation.

"Ferrari is a magic brand" | Adrian Newey on Red Bull, Ferrari and the future

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:12:14 PM EDT
[#34]
À good source from Miami is saying the only thing left to come for Newey in Maranello is the official announcement
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:42:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By willi3d:

The same Pierre Gasly who’s in 19th place, while his teammate is in 16th?  That Pierre Gasly?
View Quote

The same Pierre Gasly that was Max's teammate in 2019
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:08:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Cypher214:

The car's overall performance and reliability are a huge part of it.  Being able to push the car to the limit while avoiding mistakes is another huge part.  Gasly had his time in a Red Bull and he couldn't hack it.  Granted, that was before RBR had an exceptional car but he consistently underperformed compared to Verstappen.

Max and Fernando are the 2 best drivers on the grid because they can ring out every last thousandth of a second from the car without fucking up.  Sainz and Norris are right there with them.  Leclerc is close but makes mistakes, same with Perez.  After that, it's Piastri followed by the rest of the grid in no particular order with the bottom being Stroll, Zhou, and Sargeant.

Hamilton had immense talent at one point but he's not the same driver anymore and he benefited greatly from a very dominant car.  Even at his best, Lewis was a sketchy driver who caused a lot of crashes if he wasn't running in front.
View Quote

Your theory is good. But you forgot that with a subpar car max was called crashtappen.

It’s easy not making mistakes when for the pole you need to go 95%

Harder when you have to push 105%
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:06:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OHBuckeyes] [#37]

Oh, we are talking about racing incompetence/skills and you bring on some soccer games in which you faced some retarded fans? Or world wars, which one of them they won ? You are right, it’s not worth going on.
View Quote

Thanks for clarifying what I meant when I said Italian incompetence. I really needed you to speak for me.

How many times have you promised to stop posting in this thread? How many more times are you going to make/break that promise?

Lando Norris and Max Verstappen make fun of Ferrari strategy | iracing
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:33:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Just walked by Adrian Newey on the beach!

He was deep in conversation with his wife, I wonder what they could have possibly been talking about
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:37:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Plumber576:
MIAMI GRAND PRIX SCHEDULE

SUNDAY 05/05
RACE 4PM - ESPN

View Quote

FWIW - My TV guide is showing the race on ABC.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:40:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tifosi] [#40]
Originally Posted By DCV_117:
Just walked by Adrian Newey on the beach!

He was deep in conversation with his wife, I wonder what they could have possibly been talking about
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/334296/IMG_1933_jpeg-3204048.JPG
View Quote
Man, you could have got the world exclusive inside scoop right here on Arfcom! Legend status!!

edit: trick is to play it off casual. Just be in the same line at some ice cream place, start some small talk ... "So what do you do for work?"
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:05:26 PM EDT
[#41]

So ? In f1, Italians suck less than all of other countries but the UK ?

Plus. Honestly the location is not a good metric. We should really look at who is working in those places.
View All Quotes

Well, as far as F1 goes, there are 3 teams not located in the UK, more specifically England and even more specifically a bit north and west of London.  The only decent team not located there is Ferrari. (VCARB and Sauber would be the other two)

So ? In f1, Italians suck less than all of other countries but the UK ?

Plus. Honestly the location is not a good metric. We should really look at who is working in those places.

OK, the last time Ferrari was really dominate was when Ross Brawn and Jean Todt were running the show.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:16:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Weirding_Module:

Username checks out.

Max was competitive quite often with a midfield RB car for multiple seasons. We aren't seeing the same things, at all.
View All Quotes

Username checks out.

In his first two years at RB he was outscored by Riccardo, largely because he kept crashing out.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:16:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
Man, you could have got the world exclusive inside scoop right here on Arfcom! Legend status!!

edit: trick is to play it off casual. Just be in the same line at some ice cream place, start some small talk ... "So what do you do for work?"
View Quote

I thought about wishing him a happy retirement just to judge his reaction.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:19:01 PM EDT
[#44]

Your theory is good. But you forgot that with a subpar car max was called crashtappen.

It’s easy not making mistakes when for the pole you need to go 95%

Harder when you have to push 105%
View Quote

So then Leclerc's name is LeCrash? or LeBadluck....how many unforced fuck ups does he have in recent years?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:06:48 PM EDT
[#45]

Which is great. Make it happen. I’m all for it. Create the teams, run the races, and show the world what they can do. It will take time and serious commitment.

But that defeats the purpose of everything they have been trying to do. Beat the clock on the new Concorde Agreement and its updated anti-dilution fee corrected for current team valuations.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:

Well…scratch that notion. Back to the typical Andretti bullshit.

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:15:03 PM EDT
[#46]

In his first two years at RB he was outscored by Riccardo, largely because he kept crashing out.
View Quote

Most of his and Danny Ric's DNF's were that shit Renault engine.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:04:15 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

And.... I'm sure you think you have a point...but you don't.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 12:34:14 AM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

It is F1, only points matter.  If your teammate out scores you, it is a bad thing.  In his first two years, Max was fast but did dumb things that caused him not to get any points. I don't think I can dumb it down much more for you.

With some experience and maturity, he is a top driver now.

And to piss some people off, by comparison, Lewis tied his teammate Fernando Alonso and lost the WDC by a point. In no small part due to his team in keeping him out on worn out tires in China.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 1:55:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#49]

So then Leclerc's name is LeCrash? or LeBadluck....how many unforced fuck ups does he have in recent years?
View Quote

Not negating that at all.. I fully agree with you actually/

Now, remember what happened when he had the dominant car for a while ? He won spa and Monza… before they cut his wings (and pU)..   and then a couple of years later he dominated the beginning of the champ winning 2 races out of 3, before td39 made his car crap….

Funny how it works. He struggled each time he had to push the car 105% ….

Now go read what I wrote in my previous post again
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 1:58:07 AM EDT
[#50]
I don’t know if you watched that interview but Hamilton’s smile when he was asked about newey said more than all the rumors we had until now.. he knows.
Page / 202
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top