Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 202
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:30:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fike:
I’m looking forward to watch the evolution of the sentient of English fans.

Looks like Lando is now the anointed. I wonder how the view of Mercedes will change? Hell, they might even join RB and lose the status of “an English team”.

View Quote

I wonder if that Silverstone tweet about Lando staying is what this was referencing?
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:30:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By poison123:

Committed a FULL YEAR before hand.....thats.....gotta present some secrecy challenges for Mercedes on development too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SemperGumbi:

No kidding. I guess they can’t just let him go now without being called racist, but why would you want a driver around who you knew was already committed to leaving?

Committed a FULL YEAR before hand.....thats.....gotta present some secrecy challenges for Mercedes on development too.

2025 is going to be a wash for most teams, they will be focused on the 2026 regs at some point this year. Not sure how much of that he will be privy to, they'll be relying on George to help with that instead.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:31:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll tell you this...whats going to be fucking hilarious is if Russell beats the shit out of Lewis in 25.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:36:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Javak:

Toto under his breath:”oh thank god they took that assclown off my hand.”
View Quote

Agree that deep down, he’s ready to move on from Hammy.  Been ready since they signed Russell.  But, he’ll never admit it publicly.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:37:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Can’t wait for Hammy to start whining about Ferrari strategy on the radio all of the time.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:41:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:

I wonder if that Silverstone tweet about Lando staying is what this was referencing?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:
Originally Posted By fike:
I’m looking forward to watch the evolution of the sentient of English fans.

Looks like Lando is now the anointed. I wonder how the view of Mercedes will change? Hell, they might even join RB and lose the status of “an English team”.

Exactly.

When the British track states that “he is staying here” it implies that the team (McLaren) is in the same category.

Never mind that Bahrain owns McLaren, putting them right beside Red Bull, Mercedes, etc.

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:52:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By willi3d:
Can’t wait for Hammy to start whining about Ferrari strategy on the radio all of the time.
View Quote

That will be worth the price of the F1 subscription right there.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:57:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By DCV_117:

2025 is going to be a wash for most teams, they will be focused on the 2026 regs at some point this year. Not sure how much of that he will be privy to, they'll be relying on George to help with that instead.
View Quote

That much I do agree with.

By about the 1/3 into the ‘25 season, you’re going to see cars fall off from the teams that punched out to fully focus resources on the 2026 build.

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 12:00:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shadow_Dancer] [#9]
Originally Posted By Javak:

Toto under his breath:”oh thank god they took that assclown off my hand.”
View Quote

Assclown?

The guy that gave them their first WCC since returning to F1 after a 50 year absence and an additional eight.

Pulled an a marginal car and pulled it into third in the championship last season.

Come on I know you don’t even believe the nonsense you just wrote. 🫨😉
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 12:06:31 PM EDT
[#10]
If this rumor mill move does happen, it's going to be a hilarious shiite show.

Moving to a team who consistently show, over the last 15 years, their heads come up with some of the absolute worst race strategy and in-race calls, combined with the whatever the Italian version of the 'Keystone Cops' are as pit crew is breathtaking, if not abjectly stupid.

Radio comms are going to be highly interesting to listen to this season if this does.

*Bwee Do Bwee*
"What the f*ck man! Why are you putting me on full Wets when the track is drying!"

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 12:20:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DCV_117] [#11]
Edit: Deleted because it's fake news, for now......

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 12:37:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: deadmau5er] [#12]
Spoilers: Leclerc is going to beat Lewis on most days and Max will continue destroying everyone.

Ferrari is infamous for having a favorite driver and people are nuts if they think Italians are going to choose Lewis over Charles.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 12:41:55 PM EDT
[#13]

https://gifdb.com/images/high/popcorn-eating-498-x-342-gif-0l9y1h7auzcwfajx.webp
View Quote

Okay i have to ask - is it normal to have all this’ drama’ prior to the season opening test sessions?

I presumed that the mid year break was when these shenanigans took place.

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 12:57:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By chaas67:

Okay i have to ask - is it normal to have all this’ drama’ prior to the season opening test sessions?

View Quote

Alonso in talks to Merc is fake news for now, but this level of drama usually occurs just before the summer break. This much activity in the preseason is not normal, it makes for an awkward year.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 12:58:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DCV_117] [#15]
Edit: dupe
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 12:58:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By chaas67:

View Quote

No. It's very strange. August/September is traditional silly season.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 1:13:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Wow, Hamilton to Ferrari. i knew it'd happen one day.

I wonder how Leclerc feels about this.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 1:16:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 1:18:24 PM EDT
[#19]
I think what would be interesting is Ham tanking this season or a race if it benefits Ferrari in the constructor's championship.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 1:21:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By deadmau5er:
Spoilers: Leclerc is going to beat Lewis on most days and Max will continue destroying everyone.

Ferrari is infamous for having a favorite driver and people are nuts if they think Italians are going to choose Lewis over Charles.
View Quote

Ham worked with Vasseur in the junior categories and is friends with Ferrari's president Elkann

I think they will try to be equitable.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 1:23:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Plumber576:

View Quote

Not confirmed.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 1:24:12 PM EDT
[#22]
I guess Hammy really wants to check off the “drive for Ferrari” box on his F1 bucket list.  That’s the only logical explanation.  I think Leclerc might want to be a little worried as, like him or not, Hammy can still be a formidable driver in a car that isn’t a complete POS.  After Canada in 2022, and overall in 2023, he beat Russell.  Leclerc is going to have to stop making stupid mistakes.  Think this is a massive mistake for Ferrari and they’re doing Sainz dirty.  He doesn’t deserve to get dumped as he’s a good driver.

Has this been officially confirmed by anyone, or just a very loud rumor that’s spreading?
View Quote

This is truth.   Hams is old but still competitive as hell.   In a fast car he'll still be a threat so long as the car isn't totally build for LeClerc like RB is to Max.  

Hams might be thinking Merc is just not catching up anytime soon, and he might actually have a chance to win in a Ferrari.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 1:34:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Liquid77:

Not confirmed.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Liquid77:
Originally Posted By Plumber576:

Not confirmed.
If Sky Sports ran with this story and it turns out false, their credibility is going to be trashed.
They may even get some sort of legal penalty. They're an official F1 broadcaster, not some two bit gossip channel on YouTube.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 1:38:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By RRA_223:

This is truth.   Hams is old but still competitive as hell.   In a fast car he'll still be a threat so long as the car isn't totally build for LeClerc like RB is to Max.  

Hams might be thinking Merc is just not catching up anytime soon, and he might actually have a chance to win in a Ferrari.
View All Quotes
I guess Hammy really wants to check off the “drive for Ferrari” box on his F1 bucket list.  That’s the only logical explanation.  I think Leclerc might want to be a little worried as, like him or not, Hammy can still be a formidable driver in a car that isn’t a complete POS.  After Canada in 2022, and overall in 2023, he beat Russell.  Leclerc is going to have to stop making stupid mistakes.  Think this is a massive mistake for Ferrari and they’re doing Sainz dirty.  He doesn’t deserve to get dumped as he’s a good driver.

Has this been officially confirmed by anyone, or just a very loud rumor that’s spreading?

Also possible Ham knows Rus is the new it thing and he cant keep up. Transfer to ferrari and see if he can be the it thing.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 1:38:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By flyhack72:

Ham worked with Vasseur in the junior categories and is friends with Ferrari's president Elkann

I think they will try to be equitable.
View Quote

Italians roll different though, I don't see Charles not being the favorite on that team.

Regardless, I still think Leclerc will be faster than Lewis on days when he doesn't crash even if they are being fair with strategy.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 1:44:04 PM EDT
[#26]
The Tifosi will love whoever brings home the car in P1. Some good Italian living might knock some of the nonsense out of Hammo.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 2:01:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Esterhase:
The Tifosi will love whoever brings home the car in P1. Some good Italian living might knock some of the nonsense out of Hammo.
View Quote

^This^.  Winning is all that matters.  They don’t have to like the guy.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 2:06:04 PM EDT
[#28]

so long as the car isn't totally build for LeClerc like RB is to Max.  
View Quote

I am so sick of hearing this stupid trope.

I bet Alonso would be just as fast in Max's car as Max is. So would LeClerc or Hamilton or Schumacher or Senna. So what?

It is not cheating to make a car that your best driver can drive well. It would be dumb not to do that.

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 2:09:27 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

So far, just rumor
LEWIS HAMILTON to join FERRARI in 2025!
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 2:13:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: deadmau5er] [#30]

I bet Alonso would be just as fast in Max's car as Max is. So would LeClerc or Hamilton or Schumacher or Senna. So what?

It is not cheating to make a car that your best driver can drive well. It would be dumb not to do that.

View Quote

Albon basically debunks this. He said something along the lines of Max basically has a computer mouse on max sensitivity settings and then asks for more sensitivity.

RB is making the fastest possible car and Max is able to push it to extreme limits. It's not designed for Max.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 2:16:38 PM EDT
[#31]
I felt the earth move and came to check this threads mental health.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 2:23:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By GeneralDisaray:

Also possible Ham knows Rus is the new it thing and he cant keep up. Transfer to ferrari and see if he can be the it thing.
View Quote

Lol.

You mean like last year, where Lewis was way ahead?   59 point difference even after Lewis got DQ from COTA.   They were even in qualifying, but hams just outperformed on track.

I think LeClerc is the bigger threat being already a #1 driver and having experience in the car (while still being a young gun)

You can not like Hams, but your rational is silly.   He's clearly a competitor who is still very much in the game and isn't afraid of starting over to win.

The smart / lazy / easy plan would be to ride it out at Mercedes and blame the car.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 2:25:22 PM EDT
[#33]

This is truth.   Hams is old but still competitive as hell.   In a fast car he'll still be a threat so long as the car isn't then run by Ferrari race strategists totally build for LeClerc like RB is to Max.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 2:43:04 PM EDT
[#34]

Lol.

You mean like last year, where Lewis was way ahead?   59 point difference even after Lewis got DQ from COTA.   They were even in qualifying, but hams just outperformed on track.

I think LeClerc is the bigger threat being already a #1 driver and having experience in the car (while still being a young gun)

You can not like Hams, but your rational is silly.   He's clearly a competitor who is still very much in the game and isn't afraid of starting over to win.

The smart / lazy / easy plan would be to ride it out at Mercedes and blame the car.
View Quote

Thats the desperation.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 2:50:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GeneralDisaray] [#35]

Lol.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GeneralDisaray:

Lol.

Never once said hes not competitive but hes not the future. At some point that transition has to happen. I am sure its multiple things and on Hams level but after the way he acted last year there is definitely possiblity that Merc has started to get on the RUS train. Ferrari is an absolute train wreck - merc had(has?) a terrible car. I think it more logical you can help correct a car then re-write an entire team including strategy.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 3:01:02 PM EDT
[#36]
It's official

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 3:03:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 3:04:31 PM EDT
[#38]

Lol.

View Quote

Lewis has a harder job ahead of him than Leclerc does for sure.

Charles is the only guy on the grid that is ALMOST as good as Max and can challenge him in a decent car.

Ferrari and McLaren are looking like constructor may not be a given for Red Bull unless they replace Checo.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Shung:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Either Ferrari will have to suck big time or leclerc to crush lulu for me to keep watching

Or maybe someone thought it was April already ?
View Quote

It would be a shame if you quit. We would miss your posts.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 3:06:05 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

so long as the car isn't totally build for LeClerc like RB is to Max.  

Settle down, friend.  

No one said it is cheating to design a car around a driver preference.   Guaranteed Hamilton got more weight than Russell when giving feedback on car design.

But Red Bull goes through #2 drivers like ice cubes in Cuba.   None of them have even come close to matching Max as the car was developed around him.   Some of that is because Max is at another level - a good part of it is most of those drivers go somewhere else and improve relative to their team mates; and most all of those former Red Bull drivers have commented on car setup not matching their driving style.

This concept has been, like a thing, ever since the teams have had two drivers.   The hard part is saying just "how much" the setup is worth vs driver skill at the Pinnacle of racing, where most drivers are just flat out exceptional?

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 3:08:47 PM EDT
[#41]

Thats the desperation.
View Quote

They're all desperate to win.   That's not the same thing as being afraid of Russell or thinking he can't win against Russell in a competitive car.    Again, there's very little to say Russell is any more scary to Lewis than Bottas.  

LeClerc is potentially more dangerous IMHO.  And I'll bet he's desperate too!    If the Ferrari is competitive at all, they'll be going at each other hard on track.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 3:10:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Lord knows I am not a fan of Hamilton but he proved last year that even with a talented team mate he was able to focus and get good race results - comparatively and within the limitations of the car provided.

That is the area that I think Russell struggles with. He is talented, but he is also seems a bit flaky. He is always wanting to try alternate strategies, he takes unecessary risks for only limited gains, and he just appears to not have the focus that will get him more consistent results.

Hopefully that will come with experience.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 3:12:59 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 3:16:34 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Sounds like they really opened the check book... Multi year contract for a guy who seems on the cusp of retirement...
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 3:17:26 PM EDT
[#45]

Sounds like they really opened the check book... Multi year contract for a guy who seems on the cusp of retirement...
View Quote

Do you think they'll pay more for him than Charles?

Apparently Charles gets big money from Ferrari.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 3:17:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Statement from Carlos Sainz

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 3:20:37 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

LOL Multi year.....wasn't Lewis just crowing about taking a year or so off from F1 and then coming back.

LOL.  Horner was telling the truth, that douche bag really did approach RB about a seat.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 3:28:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tifosi] [#48]

^This^.  Winning is all that matters.  They don't have to like the guy.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Esterhase:

^This^.  Winning is all that matters.  They don't have to like the guy.
You're both correct.
I have my differences with Lewis, but that revolves around him dragging his political activism through the paddock, not his driving.
If he can keep that under control (and I suspect Ferrari will keep that under control. They are fiercely controlling about their image.),
and he turns in results ... well, pigs do fly I suppose.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 3:32:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KA3B] [#49]
If anyone thinks that Merc or Ferrari are going to give full support to Hamilton or Sainz this season, I have a bridge I want to sell you in Brooklyn.
When Hamilton gets on the radio this season to complain more than likely the response will be "I'm sorry, the person you're trying to reach has not set up the mailbox for this account. Goodbye".
"Oh look, Hamilton is coming in for tires."
"And?"
And Bottas will continue to laugh.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 3:36:09 PM EDT
[#50]
This is Tom Brady to the Bucs all over again.
Page / 202
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top