BCM
User Panel

Page / 127
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 7/2/2023 10:20:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By brandon_:

I was bummed when kimi wrecked out so early at wg last year.  I like the concept and this just cements it.  

Suarez better get his shit together
View Quote
Suarez persevered after that jackass hit him and did what he could which was impressive given he was missing a fender.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 10:20:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Reminds me of a few winters ago I got passed on the interstate by someone pointed completely in reverse. Like I was standing still.

I remember the female driver, hands at 10 and 2 and staring motionless strait out of the windshield, frozen in time. Same thing today I would imagine.

Link Posted: 7/2/2023 10:20:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cypher15] [#3]
Originally Posted By Chubrocker:
Reminds me of a few winters ago I got passed on the interstate by someone pointed completely in reverse. Like I was standing still.

I remember the female driver, hands at 10 and 2 and staring motionless strait out of the windshield, frozen in time. Same thing today I would imagine.
View Quote
damnit whats the laughing smiley code
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 10:35:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
Trackhouses phone is going to ring off the hook after being proven that the 91 car is fast enough to win.  

That was a special race and the almost complete lack of gimicky bs (yes the stages are still technically there and the stupid GWC) but for the most part THAT is what organic racing can do.
View Quote

I agree.  If only NASCAR and the broadcasters would learn:

No caution for stages
Handing off the play by play to multiple announcers around the track reminded me of MRN radio.
No shitty through the field reports or crank it up (fox)
Challenging driving conditions- no fucking aero.  
Rare yellows - if wrecks cleared it stayed green.
Enough HP for the track
There’s something to those boingy tire barriers. Whack it, bounce off and keep rollin
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 10:39:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I want to thank the 91 for keeping my fantasy picks alive for the day.

Just remember they signed a three-year contract for this shitshow so we get two more of these.

Just so you remember the way things used to be.

BTW: if you do Twitter, Herman is a pretty good follow.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 10:44:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Chubrocker:

I agree.  If only NASCAR and the broadcasters would learn:

No caution for stages
Handing off the play by play to multiple announcers around the track reminded me of MRN radio.
No shitty through the field reports or crank it up (fox)
Challenging driving conditions- no fucking aero.  
Rare yellows - if wrecks cleared it stayed green.
Enough HP for the track
There's something to those boingy tire barriers. Whack it, bounce off and keep rollin
View Quote
No competition caution
No stage cautions
BAGLEY
Mostly legit safety car periods
MIXED CONDITIONS
Aero existed but wasnt an issue
SINGLE FILE RESTARTS
Disciplined field (for the most part)
The cars going under the tires does need to be looked at though.  

That was the best mix of old and newschool NASCAR.  It was also the MOST oldschool NASCAR race in a long long time.  The cars still need more power.  The mixed conditions thing is quite rare and so many other courses beg for more power.   This race was so incredibly special and I will remember it for a long time. I loved it and you all know how cynical I have been about NASCAR in the last few years.

Organic racing makes these moments so worth while.  Yes, drivers will put on clinics or what have you but the mediocre or even bad races make these such amazing gems that will be remembered for multiple generations.

Link Posted: 7/2/2023 10:46:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Gopher:
I want to thank the 91 for keeping my fantasy picks alive for the day.

Just remember they signed a three-year contract for this shitshow so we get two more of these.

Just so you remember the way things used to be.

BTW: if you do Twitter, Herman is a pretty good follow.
View Quote
if next year is all dry, it will not be nearly as good.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 11:03:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gopher] [#8]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
if next year is all dry, it will not be nearly as good.
View Quote

You may be right. That said, they were not ready for what happened at COTA last year. This race was a perfect example of what these rain tires were designed for. Maybe now they won't be so afraid of rain on their other road courses.
A lot of you guys don't like the road courses but if the fans are going to proclaim these guys as the best drivers in the world they have to prove they can turn right and do it in the rain.

Yeah, I know people like Foyt, Andretti, Gurney, and Montoya are about the only outsiders that have done well here and the F1 guys for the most point have failed but really in let's put these guys in a Rally car and see what happens.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 11:08:32 PM EDT
[#9]

You may be right. That said, they were not ready for what happened at COTA last year. This race was a perfect example of what these rain tires were designed for. Maybe now they won't be so afraid of rain on their other road courses.
A lot of you guys don't like the road courses but if the fans are going to proclaim these guys as the best drivers in the world they have to prove they can turn right and do it in the rain.

Yeah, I know people like Foyt, Andretti, Gurney, and Montoya are about the only outsiders that have done well here and the F1 guys for the most point have failed but really in let's put these guys in a Rally car and see what happens.
View Quote
No one would have raced in the conditions seen at COTA last year.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 12:42:46 AM EDT
[#10]
The reviews of this race are similar to the Watkins Glen race some years back when oil was all over the track and the leaders were slipping and sliding at the end. People pissed their pants and yelled that Nascar needs more road courses, seemingly forgetting that in normal conditions it would have been just another ho hum road race...essentially a throwaway weekend on the schedule just like Snorenoma.  An exhibition at best, and racing at its worst.

Here we are again, years later, but instead of oil it was a mixed bag of dry/wet track and slick tires with the same caliber of drivers that can't brake or turn right, driving cars that don't either.

Take the rain out of the equation, Nascar manipulating the team's race strategies mid-race and shaking up the running order, the feel-good story of the foreigner whipping the field's ass in his first time driving a Nascar (oof, bad look for Nascar right there), and imagine what the race would have been like had those things not occurred.  Nascar got extremely lucky these things happened because otherwise it would have been another ho hum road race and they would have looked like fools for even attempting a street race.  Now we'll get more of this crap shoved down our throats and we'll be praying for rain every time because what happened today was an anomaly, just like Watkins Glen in 2012.

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 10:03:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LesBaer45] [#11]
Originally Posted By JuanPing:
The reviews of this race are similar to the Watkins Glen race some years back when oil was all over the track and the leaders were slipping and sliding at the end. People pissed their pants and yelled that Nascar needs more road courses, seemingly forgetting that in normal conditions it would have been just another ho hum road race...essentially a throwaway weekend on the schedule just like Snorenoma.  An exhibition at best, and racing at its worst.

Here we are again, years later, but instead of oil it was a mixed bag of dry/wet track and slick tires with the same caliber of drivers that can't brake or turn right, driving cars that don't either.

Take the rain out of the equation, Nascar manipulating the team's race strategies mid-race and shaking up the running order, the feel-good story of the foreigner whipping the field's ass in his first time driving a Nascar (oof, bad look for Nascar right there), and imagine what the race would have been like had those things not occurred.  Nascar got extremely lucky these things happened because otherwise it would have been another ho hum road race and they would have looked like fools for even attempting a street race.  Now we'll get more of this crap shoved down our throats and we'll be praying for rain every time because what happened today was an anomaly, just like Watkins Glen in 2012.

View Quote

Mostly this.

It will be interesting if they run all three years as I've already seen some of the Pols are complaining that NASCAR "robbed" Shit-ka-goo by underpaying and using their white privilege to use the City streets for such an event. They are calling for 'cancelling' the contract and re-negotiating who gets paid what, but I just chalk that up to the usual 'mob' mentality and graft.

Dry conditions and starting early enough to get the entire 100 laps in with the expected cautions and the out come will be vastly different. It was fun to watch and I think some went with slicks too soon but I wasn't behind the wheel. Tire barriers need a bit of extra length and a few places they weren't, not sure how they are going to keep the cars from going under them and speeding up recovery if they are stuck. I was a bit concerned someone was going to get run over while that was going on but luckily they pulled if off. (Yuck, yuck)

I'm not in favor of anymore "street racing" although I might tolerate road racing at real road racing courses. I don't think adding more would be a hot idea, maybe a rotation thing would work.

That nazi guy Van Halen certainly could wheel that car for a first timer in NASCAR I'll give him that. Someone should put him in a car at Hotlanta and let's see just how quick a learner he is.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 1:11:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gopher] [#12]
Best ratings for a race in quite a while.

https://www.jayski.com/2023/07/03/chicago-street-course-is-nbc-sports-most-watched-nascar-race-in-six-years/

Commercials, what commercials?
https://www.jayski.com/2023/07/03/commercial-breakdown-2023-grant-park-220/

Here's your laugh for the day.  Some of the comments are priceless.

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 1:31:52 PM EDT
[#13]
'I personally request that I get to destroy this [expletive]' | NASCAR Race Hub's RADIOACTIVE
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 6:21:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Friday, July 7
6 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: Zinsser SmartCoat 150 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, FS1
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Autodrome Granby, FloRacing

Saturday, July 8
8 a.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series practice and qualifying at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (re-air), FS1
9:30 a.m., ARCA Menards Series: Zinsser SmartCoat 150 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (re-air), FS1
11:40 a.m., IMSA VP Racing SportsCar Challenge Race 1, Peacock
12:30 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Craftsman Truck Series, FS1
1:30 p.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: O’Reilly Auto Parts 150 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, FS1
4 p.m., IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park 120, Peacock
4 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series qualifying at Atlanta Motor Speedway, USA, NBC Sports App
5 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Riverhead Raceway, FloRacing
5:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series qualifying at Atlanta Motor Speedway, USA, NBC Sports App
5:50 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Jennerstown Speedway, FloRacing
7 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Langley Speedway, FloRacing
7 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Hickory Motor Speedway, FloRacing
7 p.m., Dale Jr. Download: Geoff Bodine, USA
7:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Countdown to Green, USA
7:45 p.m., NASCAR Modified 100 at Bowman Gray Stadium, FloRacing
8 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at La Crosse Fairgrounds Speedway, FloRacing
8 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Alsco Uniforms 250 at Atlanta Motor Speedway, USA, NBC Sports App
8:30 p.m., NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour: Jersey Shore 150 at Wall Stadium Speedway, FloRacing
8:30 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Meridian Speedway, FloRacing
10:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Post-Race Show, USA, NBC Sports App

MRN: 1 p.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: O’Reilly Auto Parts 150 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
PRN: 7:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Alsco Uniforms 250 at Atlanta Motor Speedway

Sunday, July 9

Midnight, NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: O’Reilly Auto Parts 150 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (re-air), FS1
9:30 a.m., IMSA VP Racing SportsCar Challenge Race 2, Peacock
Noon, IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship: Chevrolet Grand Prix at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, NBC, Peacock
3 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Atlanta, FS1
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Countdown to Green, USA
7 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Quaker State 400 Available at Walmart at Atlanta Motor Speedway, USA, NBC Sports App
10:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Post-Race Show, USA, Peacock

PRN: 6 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Quaker State 400 Available at Walmart at Atlanta Motor Speedway

NASCAR

NASCAR
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 10:47:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Will any of today's drivers feel this way about each other in 40 years?

Link Posted: 7/8/2023 9:02:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Saturday, July 8
8 a.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series practice and qualifying at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (re-air), FS1
9:30 a.m., ARCA Menards Series: Zinsser SmartCoat 150 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (re-air), FS1
11:40 a.m., IMSA VP Racing SportsCar Challenge Race 1, Peacock
12:30 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Craftsman Truck Series, FS1
1:30 p.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: O’Reilly Auto Parts 150 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, FS1
4 p.m., IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park 120, Peacock
4 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series qualifying at Atlanta Motor Speedway, USA, NBC Sports App
5:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series qualifying at Atlanta Motor Speedway, USA, NBC Sports App
7 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Hickory Motor Speedway, FloRacing
7 p.m., Dale Jr. Download: Geoff Bodine, USA
7:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Countdown to Green, USA
7:45 p.m., NASCAR Modified 100 at Bowman Gray Stadium, FloRacing
8 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Alsco Uniforms 250 at Atlanta Motor Speedway, USA, NBC Sports App
8:30 p.m., NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour: Jersey Shore 150 at Wall Stadium Speedway, FloRacing
8:30 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Meridian Speedway, FloRacing
10:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Post-Race Show, USA, NBC Sports App

MRN: 1 p.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: O’Reilly Auto Parts 150 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
PRN: 7:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Alsco Uniforms 250 at Atlanta Motor Speedway
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 12:22:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brandon_] [#17]
Brutal hit for that Porsche in the imsa race.  Driver seems hurt.
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 2:56:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrHold] [#18]

Race must have been delayed cause of rain only on lap 7
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 5:28:08 PM EDT
[#19]
The truck race was a flustercluck.
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 7:48:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By brandon_:
Brutal hit for that Porsche in the imsa race.  Driver seems hurt.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/8/2023 8:01:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 8:34:51 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

I am surprised Childress can get in and out of a real racecar. Good for him.
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 8:58:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Are these guys going to glasses for fashion and public relations reasons over contacts or Lasik?  An interesting choice.

Link Posted: 7/8/2023 9:02:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By zach_:
The truck race was a flustercluck.
View Quote

Don’t know if I have ever seen as many cautions. They went full IndyCar.
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 9:46:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Seems to be a Ford kinda day.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 2:06:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Is this a hit piece or is Chicago starting the shake down for more money?
I didn't know there was going to be an F1 street race in Las Vegas.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsletters/2023-07-08/nascar-s-chicago-disappointment-is-a-warning-for-f1-las-vegas
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#27]
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Countdown to Green, USA
7 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Quaker State 400 Available at Walmart at Atlanta Motor Speedway, USA, NBC Sports App
10:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Post-Race Show, USA, Peacock

PRN: 6 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Quaker State 400 Available at Walmart at Atlanta Motor Speedway

Link Posted: 7/9/2023 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#28]
I didn't know there was going to be an F1 street race in Las Vegas.
View Quote

November 18th

I just played that track in F1 23 last night.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 7:47:42 PM EDT
[#29]
The Weather Channel app isn't showing any weather showing up in Atlanta until 11pm.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 8:11:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Hamlin's picture looks like a mug shot after a night of drinking.  

Still better than Fox's stupid comic book drawings.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 9:07:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Damn , this has been a great race so far .
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 9:18:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 9:28:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Heartbreaker1373:
Who’s the dumbass in charge of making the schedule?

Another Sunday night race? Ffs make it Saturday night, Sundays should start at 1 if it’s not a holiday weekend geez
View Quote

Because it is freaking hot in the south in the summertime . Why do you think domes are a thing down in the south for stick and ball sports . Not being an ass, but it is really uncomfortable outside .
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 9:50:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 10:07:07 PM EDT
[#35]
The race is over.  William Byron wins.

The racing was much better than I expected it to be.  

Link Posted: 7/9/2023 11:33:22 PM EDT
[#36]
The Twitter bitching has commenced.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 9:36:02 PM EDT
[#37]
The chapter in Kyle's book about Adam's death was pretty sobering. It was a dusty room moment.

The current points standings.
Attachment Attached File

BTW: the secret everyone knows already, the Busch sponsorship goes from the 4 to the 1 car next year.  Let the joke series start now.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 9:25:15 PM EDT
[#38]
'We're surrounded by clowns' | NASCAR Race Hub's RADIOACTIVE from Atlanta
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 2:56:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Jr. wanted to run the 28 at one time. The story of why he was told no is interesting.

This year's HoF ballot.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 12:56:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Had he lived would Dale have had his 7? I don't remember ever seeing this.

Link Posted: 7/14/2023 8:51:03 AM EDT
[#41]
https://www.nascar.com/

Friday, July 14
Noon, NASCAR Pace Lap, MavTV
3 p.m., NASCAR Pace Lap (re-air), MavTV
5 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series practice and qualifying at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, USA, NBC Sports App
5 p.m., NASCAR Pinty’s Series at Toronto, FloRacing
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Autodrome Granby, FloRacing

Saturday, July 15
Noon, NASCAR Cup Series practice and qualifying at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, USA, NBC Sports App
2 p.m., Dale Jr. Download: Ward Burton, USA
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Countdown to Green, USA
3 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Ambetter Health 200 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, USA, NBC Sports App
5:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Post-Race Show, USA, NBC Sports App
6 p.m., NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour: Mohegan Sun 100 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, FloRacing
7 p.m., Unrivaled: Earnhardt vs. Gordon (re-air), FS2
7 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at South Boston Speedway, FloRacing
7:45 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Bowman Gray Stadium, FloRacing
8 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: Calypso 150 at Iowa Speedway, FS2, FloRacing
10 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Alaska Raceway Park, FloRacing

PRN: 2:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Ambetter Health 200 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway

Sunday, July 16

3:30 a.m., 100,000 Cameras: The Return of NASCAR (re-air), FS2
4 a.m., ARCA Menards Series: Calypso 150 at Iowa Speedway (re-air), FS2
6 a.m., NASCAR 75: The Greatest Countdown Show Ever! (re-air), FS2
7 a.m., ARCA Menards Series: Calypso 150 at Iowa Speedway (re-air), FS1
11:30 a.m., NASCAR RaceDay: New Hampshire, FS1
2 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Countdown to Green, USA
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Crayon 301 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, USA, NBC Sports App
6 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Post-Race Show, USA, Peacock

PRN: 1:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Crayon 301 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway

NASCAR

NASCAR
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 2:04:02 AM EDT
[#42]
A horrendous “ball of chaos” brings the Eldora Million to a grinding halt! All drivers are okay!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1679704692182360064
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 10:08:13 AM EDT
[#43]

Probably not happening as scheduled:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 12:51:02 PM EDT
[#44]
You there @MrHold ?
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 1:56:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Dagger41:
You there @MrHold ?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/15/2023 3:13:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrHold] [#46]
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 10:59:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Kyle Busch's house is for sale

It's only $13M.  It's ok I guess.  A little small though.  

I'd pay cash, obviously.  Did you know people made payments on houses.  What's next?  Cars?!
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 2:09:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 7:40:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MrHold] [#49]
fantasy lock time  

New Hampshire Motor Speedway
Race Locks   2:45pm EST

SUNDAY, JULY 16 / 2:30 PM ET

Crayon 301
NEW HAMPSHIRE MOTOR SPEEDWAY

Loudon, New Hampshire- 301 laps / 318.46 miles
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 1:07:47 PM EDT
[#50]
PSA Right now on USA Network is Pro Motocross Championship then Shitcar comes on
Page / 127
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top