User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 6:39:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rat_Patrol:

That's too bad, I've actually had very grateful recipients.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gaspain:
It amazes me how people don't even say thank you. I'm not making models for free anymore.

That's too bad, I've actually had very grateful recipients.
This was my experience as well. I have only done a few, but the recipients seemed very thankful.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 6:41:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By blindprophet501:
This was my experience as well. I have only done a few, but the recipients seemed very thankful.
View Quote

Same.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 9:31:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ginger-mech] [#3]
Has anyone seen one of these available for print anywhere? Battle Arms Development discontinued it but I'd like to try one. They call it a lightweight butt stock and it just clamps on the end of a milspec carbine or A5 buffer tube.

I've searched the odd sea but my search-fu isn't the best.
Thanks in advance

EDIT: found what I'm looking for on Thingiverse under "lightweight buttstock."
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 1:47:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Never posted in this forum, but saw the "request" topic and figured I'd give it a try.

I'm looking for a model of an FAL, somewhere between 1/2 to 1/3 scale.  I'll do the calculations on it if anyone is interested or can tell me how to go about it.
It doesn't have to be particularly detailed.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 8:16:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Currahee:
Never posted in this forum, but saw the "request" topic and figured I'd give it a try.

I'm looking for a model of an FAL, somewhere between 1/2 to 1/3 scale.  I'll do the calculations on it if anyone is interested or can tell me how to go about it.
It doesn't have to be particularly detailed.
View Quote

https://thangs.com/search/FAL?scope=all
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 1:47:04 AM EDT
[#6]

https://thangs.com/search/FAL?scope=all
View Quote
I'm not sure what that stuff means.  None of them seem to be near the size I need, and a lot of them are just digital models.  What I'm hoping to find is a printed FAL about 19 inches long.  I don't have my own printer.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:35:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 4:24:38 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Design, print, or both?
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

It's $5. You want someone to rip off his design and make it for you for free. You behaviour stinks. Or maybe I'm wrong?
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 5:21:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#10]
View Quote

I'm not going to reverse engineer something that is from someone else's design when said item is openly available on the commercial market. I've had far too many people do that exact same thing to me, and it's not cool.

If you like the design, pay the $5 to get it. To be frank, that's downright reasonable.

Now if it is something that is no longer offered for sale, or not something ever offered for sale, or a design that is in the creative commons IP space, that's another story.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 2:40:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By DJay90210:
There is no want ads for paid services here. Rat.

I've having a terrible time finding a case for my shotgun chokes, they're extra long/extended. I also have salvo chokes that aren't like anything else. I can provide measurements but would like a printed case for 8 long chokes and one for 6 salvo chokes should be able to securely close, have a little room for neoprene foam.

Also would like to make a light mount for a scuba FFM.
View Quote
x2
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 5:55:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Here is the model. Its close to your measurements. You just need to find someone to print it. I recommend using ASA or ABS or at the very least PETG.
https://www.printables.com/model/855324-bcb-bass-cat-boats-2023-bass-cat-cougar-tray
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By adam_p:

More measurements if someone wants to screw with it. Measurements aren't critical obviously, just trying to get it to flow with the angle of the boat. If someone wanted to print it in 2 pieces I can figure out how to glue it together.

https://i.imgur.com/trOsOQ4.jpeg

Here is the model. Its close to your measurements. You just need to find someone to print it. I recommend using ASA or ABS or at the very least PETG.
https://www.printables.com/model/855324-bcb-bass-cat-boats-2023-bass-cat-cougar-tray

@adam_p

Do you still need this part for your boat? I have a printer that can print it in one part.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 3:58:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By HillaryClinton:

@adam_p

Do you still need this part for your boat? I have a printer that can print it in one part.
View Quote

@HillaryClinton

No I ended up making it out of HDPE and ABS. 1/2" HDPE for the bottom then I used 1/8" ABS and heated and bent it around the perimeter and screwed it to the HDPE bottom. It doesn't look as good as if it were 1 piece, the screws are an eyesore but it serves its purpose.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 12:09:20 PM EDT
[#14]
part/CAD design request here...trying to make an ACR clone upper, but cant find any available files online that will help me with the raised & ported slip-on blast compensator section of the barrel, or more importantly, the unique birdcage-style flash hider...

the closest part found online was this French-distributed .22LR component: https://www.suppressor-thread-adapter.com/product/birdcage-flash-hider/

can anyone help with at least providing a CAD file of the birdcage flash hider component? it seems to be the forerunner to a regular A2 birdcage flash hider, should not be too difficult to work with in CAD....
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 1:12:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 2:05:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Have you checked grabcad.com?
View Quote

good call....just found one there i like for it!
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 10:06:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 12:55:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Is there anyplace I can order a a one off printed item? Anyplace anyone recommends?

Link Posted: 7/6/2024 5:42:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Currahee:
Is there anyplace I can order a a one off printed item? Anyplace anyone recommends?

View Quote

If you have the STL and it is small, here.

If it's Huge or specialized in some way, there are about 500 services online. They are all pretty similar from what I've seen.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 2:53:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Would someone be willing to "remix" this design for me?

I have a few changes I would like made to the design that shouldn't be very hard for some of the gurus in this thread (it's proving to be hard for me, though...).

If someone is willing, I'll send my list of change requests via IM/email so as not to clutter up this thread.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 3:10:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By DekNgo:

I have a few changes I would like made to the design that shouldn't be very hard for some of the gurus in this thread (it's proving to be hard for me, though...).

If someone is willing, I'll send my list of change requests via IM/email so as not to clutter up this thread.
View Quote

Go ahead and drop them here in the thread. It's already pretty cluttered
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 8:01:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Jdude:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jdude:

I'd like to change the design to make it modular and allow for multiple lengths.  I think I know how to do it, I just can't do what I want in Tinkercad.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 3:23:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scul] [#23]

I'd like to change the design to make it modular and allow for multiple lengths.  I think I know how to do it, I just can't do what I want in Tinkercad.
View Quote

The built in customizer from thingiverse should work for the length.  Is there more that you want done to it?  What do you mean for "modular"

https://www.thingiverse.com/apps/customizer/run?thing_id=1496958
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By scul:

The built in customizer from thingiverse should work for the length.  Is there more that you want done to it?  What do you mean for "modular"

https://www.thingiverse.com/apps/customizer/run?thing_id=1496958
View Quote

Yes, I'm wanting to slice the existing model into two pieces, make a mirror of the end piece and add dovetails to all three sections so that they will snap together and can be modular in the sense that you can have just the two ends, two ends and a middle, two ends and two middles, etc.

I have a plan for all of that, I just don't have the skills yet to make it happen.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 7:05:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nikdfish] [#25]
looking for something like this?   got dimensions off the stl & just drew from scratch  -- may or may not match original

Attachment Attached File

STL files can be found here.

https://skhowell.com/socketrail/

Only content on that directory.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 7:11:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By nikdfish:
looking for something like this?   got dimensions off the stl & just drew from scratch  -- may or may not match original

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/128622/socket-rail_jpg-3262950.JPG

View Quote

Yes, that's very similar to what I'm wanting.  I'll send you a pdf with what I had planned via IM.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 4:16:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Yes, that's very similar to what I'm wanting.  I'll send you a pdf with what I had planned via IM.
View Quote

Got the email.  Cranked out a couple of variations.  See IM.

Products

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 6:59:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 12:54:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cj3waker] [#29]

Also looking for a gen 4 mag release but with the gen 3 spring cutout
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 9:04:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Anyone have a copy or their own original file for a LaFrance M16K handguard cap, like the one Explosive Enterprises made for sale on ShapeWays? ShapeWays is now bankrupt and it looks like they're having issues with print order fulfillments, but anyhow I need to modify the cap file to fit carbine-length molded handguards as opposed to cut-down A1s, as the cap was designed for...already went out on a limb to contact EE but no response yet...
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 12:24:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Saker13] [#31]
NVM!  Cheers all!

Link Posted: 9/4/2024 9:11:00 PM EDT
[#32]
I’ve got an Alg v0e handguard that I’d like to get a small sleeeve that looks similar to a armalite locking collar

Is this something that anyone here would like to try? I can send my handguard to you for measurements furring the project and we can come to a deal for the work

If anyone is interested let me know!
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 12:23:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Probably a long shot but here goes. I'm doing some scale modeling work and one of the things I'm looking for is a 1/6 scale 30 round magazine for an M1/M2 carbine (Vietnam era). I can find 1/6 15 rounders all day long, but the 30 round version is hen's teeth as apparently very few were made by the toy companies in China (Dragon and SOTW/Formative). Anyone out there that can print any? They obviously don't need to be functional at 1/6 scale, just solid plastic. Looking for say 5-10 of them.

Alternatively, anybody out there who can create STL files and has one of these mags? My buddy has a 3D printer, but so far I haven't found any STL files for what I'm looking for.

I don't get into this forum much, so please PM me or @ mention me if you can help. Thanks!

Pic for reference:
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/14/2024 8:34:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Grendel_J:
Probably a long shot but here goes. I'm doing some scale modeling work and one of the things I'm looking for is a 1/6 scale 30 round magazine for an M1/M2 carbine (Vietnam era). I can find 1/6 15 rounders all day long, but the 30 round version is hen's teeth as apparently very few were made by the toy companies in China (Dragon and SOTW/Formative). Anyone out there that can print any? They obviously don't need to be functional at 1/6 scale, just solid plastic. Looking for say 5-10 of them.

Alternatively, anybody out there who can create STL files and has one of these mags? My buddy has a 3D printer, but so far I haven't found any STL files for what I'm looking for.

I don't get into this forum much, so please PM me or @ mention me if you can help. Thanks!

Pic for reference:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/74992/m1-carbine-30rd-magbig_jpg-3321106.JPG
View Quote

It looks like there is a 30rnd magazine STL in this M2 carbine collection.  https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/m1-carbine-m2-carbine  It looks pretty detailed and accurate to the pic, on a much smaller scale.  Should be able to scale it up to size in software.  It's a paid model, so I didn't download it.  Might be worth a shot.  @Grendel_J
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 5:26:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Fallen:

It looks like there is a 30rnd magazine STL in this M2 carbine collection.  https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/m1-carbine-m2-carbine  It looks pretty detailed and accurate to the pic, on a much smaller scale.  Should be able to scale it up to size in software.  It's a paid model, so I didn't download it.  Might be worth a shot.  @Grendel_J
View Quote
Awesome, thank you! I'll check that out. Arfcom comes through again.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 12:31:09 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm looking to get one of these Thermacell cartridge holders printed.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5382518

Thanks.
Page / 13
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top