Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 100 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:23:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:26:22 PM EDT
[#2]
In on 100.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:26:58 PM EDT
[#3]
22’er with the nice page ownage.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:28:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nickmemphis] [#4]
"We developed these really nifty precision smart weapons that can kill one gnat without touching the other gnats in the swarm!" "How much?" "Oh about 175K per." "Ok, I was thinking alternatively we could just line up a bunch of tubes and lob a bunch of cheap $500 dollar jobs in there until everything in that general area is eventually all blown to flinders. Sorry about the baby formula factory you put mortars in and all."
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:31:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:32:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GroundhogOZ:

I'm not picking fights ------your inept government is.
View Quote
Well go complain to them, or go to the bar and have a drink.

And don't forget your mask.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:34:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

Looks like someone has had one too many drinks.
View Quote
O2 deprivation from extended mask wear.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:36:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:36:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Putin must have tremendous trust in Xi.

Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:37:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By rca2222:

View Quote

Doubtful in the extreme.

They have compatible goals. That's all.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:37:43 PM EDT
[#11]
You'd think people would recall all the really futuristic shit Germany invented in the big 2, all of which were way ahead of anyone else 1/1. But they couldn't make any of them very fast, so they ran out pretty quick. That's what we'll have if a real hot war kicks off and we burn all our whiz bang million dollar missile inventory in 36 hours and are left standing there with our dick in hand, because we can't replace them nearly as fast as they get used. We also can't store yuge piles of weapons like that, because they are the total opposite of non-perishable.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:41:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By nickmemphis:
You'd think people would recall all the really futuristic shit Germany invented in the big 2, all of which were way ahead of anyone else 1/1. But they couldn't make any of them very fast, so they ran out pretty quick. That's what we'll have if a real hot war kicks off and we burn all our whiz bang million dollar missile inventory in 36 hours and are left standing there with our dick in hand, because we can't replace them nearly as fast as they get used. We also can't store yuge piles of weapons like that, because they are the total opposite of non-perishable.
View Quote

I believe that was a problem in GW1, at least with some of the special high tech weapons. Not much in stockpiles and had to rush around to find enough to do some of the work, and at the same time rush some through production.
I think the Clinton smart bomb/cruise missile diplomacy also had that effect with some of the guidance kits and T-hawk stores.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:41:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Pred:
I know this is out there, but any chance at all Chinese troops show up in the region?
View Quote

Maybe far eastern Russians
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:42:13 PM EDT
[#14]
You can fill warehouses with .50BMG and such, lock the door and then ignore it completely until it's needed, basically indefinitely.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:42:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:

Doubtful in the extreme.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:
Originally Posted By rca2222:

Doubtful in the extreme.

Perhaps for the moment. There is much that China would like to have from eastern Russia.

Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:45:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By RustedAce:

No, too cold. War with Australia would be fun though.
View Quote
Surf would awesome

Wonder what the per diem would be like?
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:45:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:
Well go complain to them, or go to the bar and have a drink.

And don't forget your mask.
View Quote

Aren’t they still confined to their homes there?
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:46:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Page 100 for glory of Ukraine
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:48:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

I believe that was a problem in GW1, at least with some of the special high tech weapons. Not much in stockpiles and had to rush around to find enough to do some of the work, and at the same time rush some through production.
I think the Clinton smart bomb/cruise missile diplomacy also had that effect with some of the guidance kits and T-hawk stores.
View Quote

There's literally like one single factory as I recall, where a small cadre of lunchlady people pack warheads by hand, for all our missile weapons, from MANPADS to Tomahawks and Sidewinders. They work a full time week, but their production is like three weapons a day.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:50:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By JG_Wentworth:

Maybe far eastern Russians
View Quote

No I was just asking General Willoughby about the possibility of the Chinese getting involved and he has assured me and General MacArthur that that is unlikely.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:52:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#21]
You can fill warehouses with .50BMG and such, lock the door and then ignore it completely until it's needed, basically indefinitely.
View All Quotes

I agree, but I think a shelf life that was 8 years and went up to 22 years for a complex guided system is not half bad.

https://www.army.mil/article/156942/army_researchers_extend_missile_system_shelf_life

Due to the success of the program, the average shelf life for missile systems has been extended from 7.9 to 22.6 years.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:53:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:
Russian trolls will often pretend they are from other Western nations in order to sow distrust. Getting Americans mad at Aussies is his secondary goal.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/65378/Capture9-2286215.png
View Quote
Added troll to my ignore list
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:53:57 PM EDT
[#23]
I mean there might be 10 or 20 thousand irregulars north of Chosin, but no more than that.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:54:31 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

I have a friend that was an agressor in OPFOR at Ft Irwin before the first Iraq war, he told me how the standard Russian tactic of wave attack typically played out, the first wave would come attack and the defending force would just target and kill the fuck out of everything that moved, then the second wave would start and they'd start killing the fuck out of them, but they'd start running out of shells and had used all their rockets up in the first wave, then the third wave starts in and they have shit to throw at them and they'd all get killed.

I suspect the Javelins will get used up quickly in the same kind of scenario, unless Russian doctrine has changed drastically in 30 years (which is quite possible) or there is discipline to not shoot those expensive bastards at everything the moves on day one.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:55:28 PM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes
Russian trolls will often pretend they are from other Western nations in order to sow distrust. Getting Americans mad at Aussies is his secondary goal.

Is the ignore list only for paying accounts?  I only see report hser
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:56:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:
View Quote

Every time the US does this, it opens up for Putin to make this admin look fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:57:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:59:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 2:00:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 2:02:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

I agree, but I think a shelf life of 8 to 22 years for a complex guided system is not half bad.

https://www.army.mil/article/156942/army_researchers_extend_missile_system_shelf_life
View Quote

With missiles, what usually determines the shelf life is the batteries, followed by the solid propellant. It starts cracking and performing unreliably. The explosives are very stable, but the detonators less so. And the electronics, which you would think should be pretty stable, but aren't so much. Things like corrosion of junctions, and condensation during storage, and vibration during handling and whatever else. Batteries are a huge factor. They have the most stable battery chemistry available when they were made, but even the best chemistry ages quickly in reliability terms.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 2:02:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 2:02:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FrankyRay] [#32]
nvm
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 2:02:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By CTAC:

Is the ignore list only for paying accounts?  I only see report hser
View Quote
No clue

we didn't have a ignore function when I joined.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 2:03:02 PM EDT
[#34]

Everyone loves artillery. It's what does most of the killin'.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ziarifleman:

Russia loves artillery.

Everyone loves artillery. It's what does most of the killin'.

Oh, we don’t. We’re too risk averse to smash grid squares.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 2:04:01 PM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes

I think he did the same kind of thing in the Afghan bugout thread last August. May be wrong on that though.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 2:04:05 PM EDT
[#36]

I agree, but I think a shelf life that was 8 years and went up to 22 years for a complex guided system is not half bad.

View Quote

Which applies to the missiles made since that advancement but not the ones made prior to that, right? New and improved missiles, relevant adjective being 'new'.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 2:05:09 PM EDT
[#37]

Oh, we don’t. We’re too risk averse to smash grid squares.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#38]
One hundo
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 2:05:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 58Teague] [#39]

I think he did the same kind of thing in the Afghan bugout thread last August. May be wrong on that though.
View All Quotes

He did. I tried PMing him to find out what his problem was and he told me to fuck off .

I think DK or staff locked him out fairly quick in order to preserve the thread....
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 2:06:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By 58Teague:

He did. I tried PMing him to find out what his problem was and he told me to fuck off .

I think DK or staff locked him out fairly quick in order to preserve the thread....
View Quote

And then went back and deleted/edited all his posts? I seem to remember that too.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 2:07:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Protolith:

I have a friend that was an agressor in OPFOR at Ft Irwin before the first Iraq war, he told me how the standard Russian tactic of wave attack typically played out, the first wave would come attack and the defending force would just target and kill the fuck out of everything that moved, then the second wave would start and they'd start killing the fuck out of them, but they'd start running out of shells and had used all their rockets up in the first wave, then the third wave starts in and they have shit to throw at them and they'd all get killed.

I suspect the Javelins will get used up quickly in the same kind of scenario, unless Russian doctrine has changed drastically in 30 years (which is quite possible) or there is discipline to not shoot those expensive bastards at everything the moves on day one.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Protolith:

"Don't shoot all your really cool toys right away, ok?" sounds totally like the sort of order likely to be strictly obeyed in the American military.
We have a long history of penny pinching in the logistics and unit of fire genres.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 2:08:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quick….he’s been quiet for awhile.  Probably busy watching his old lady with an aboriginal dude.  

OSINT updates anyone?  Be good time to get back on topic
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 2:08:25 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

But didn’t do anything about the pro-Russian troll itself. As is tradition.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 2:10:12 PM EDT
[#44]

But didn’t do anything about the pro-Russian troll itself. As is tradition.
View Quote

There's a difference between useful idiots and intentional information warfare. Site staff has banned some of the latter.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 2:11:11 PM EDT
[#45]

Which applies to the missiles made since that advancement but not the ones made prior to that, right? New and improved missiles, relevant adjective being 'new'.
View All Quotes

Article is from 2015, includes other US military services and exports with all sides exchanging info for upkeep of systems.  I would imagine older systems can be included, since replacing batteries checking electronics etc. can be done.  I refurbished systems for Raytheon in the past.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 2:11:13 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/20/2022 2:14:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nickmemphis] [#47]
"Ok, we'll loan you the tanks, but you have to give them back even if you are engaged when we ask, OK?" "Yes sir, Colonel, absolutely. Oh, btw, just a heads up, we've been having an intermittent issue with our coms sometimes being garbled so bad we can't make out the message. But I promise we'll send the tanks back as soon as we get the message no matter what."
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 2:14:49 PM EDT
[#48]
In on page 100
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 2:15:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 2:16:59 PM EDT
[#50]

No I was just asking General Willoughby about the possibility of the Chinese getting involved and he has assured me and General MacArthur that that is unlikely.
View Quote

lol, nice reference.

He was the quintessential Yes-man for MacArthur.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 100 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top