Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1069 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:29:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#1]
Removed, CoC-7~guns762
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:29:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Theodoric:
That's great. Berdyansk was the last known location of member Easterner before he dropped off the radar, I believe.
View Quote

@Theodoric

нет камрад. Я очень хорошо.

I was there about 3-4 weeks ago. It felt very surreal heading there before the war really popped off. I had this feeling something was different this time. I didn't even spend the night. Took a train early in the morning and left that evening.

I got to visit a few friends while I was there. Last I heard, there were no Ukrainian soldiers there and they were occupied. Everyone has gone dark with the loss of cell service recently. Seeing that photo of the ships coming into the port is sickening.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:30:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By midcap:

What are they firing?
View Quote

Something similar to a BOFORS I think
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:30:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By atavistic:

India, Russia & China. We'll need a stopwatch to see how long that alliance lasts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By whollyshite:
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:

I don't forsee India jumping in bed with China.  That's a massive strategic mistake.

India, Russia & China. We'll need a stopwatch to see how long that alliance lasts.

LoL...that's like the Trifecta of crap if they would just get North Korea on board they would have the Axis of Shit
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:31:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Dagger41:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dagger41:
Originally Posted By midcap:

What are they firing?

that's wild man
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:31:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#6]
Removed-guns762
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:32:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#7]
Removed, stay on topic~guns762
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:34:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

@Theodoric

.   .

I was there about 3-4 weeks ago. It felt very surreal heading there before the war really popped off. I had this feeling something was different this time. I didn't even spend the night. Took a train early in the morning and left that evening.

I got to visit a few friends while I was there. Last I heard, there were no Ukrainian soldiers there and they were occupied. Everyone has gone dark with the loss of cell service recently. Seeing that photo of the ships coming into the port is sickening.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Easterner:
Originally Posted By Theodoric:
That's great. Berdyansk was the last known location of member Easterner before he dropped off the radar, I believe.

@Theodoric

.   .

Glad to hear you are ok, man.  Stay safe.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:35:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#9]
Removed-guns762
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:36:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By EasTexan:

Now THAT is quality combat footage. Wow.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By EasTexan:
Originally Posted By M-1975:

Now THAT is quality combat footage. Wow.

Shooting in between the poles without tearing them apart hitting them was impressive.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:37:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Kalahnikid:

That's true but I want to pilot to be dead or captured too
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kalahnikid:
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
Originally Posted By Kuhndog:
Originally Posted By hondaciv:
Russian Su-25 attack aircraft managed to fly back to its air base after taking a direct Ukrainian MANPADS hit.

Video

https://t.me/OSINTUKRAINE/3150

Just as good as a kill, that aircraft won’t be air worthy for a while. Then again it is Russia, slap some duct tape over the holes and go on another bombing run of civilians trying to escape.

That plane is done.

No amount of duct tape could get it airworthy.

That's true but I want to pilot to be dead or captured too

Damn that's a tough Air-frame
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:38:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#12]
Removed-guns762
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:38:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By woozman:
Maybe old news but Ukrainian regional defense forces training up on ATM.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/337493/B91C189E-6007-44A4-B300-B202CE187BA6_jpe-2312967.JPG
View Quote

Probably old since that Training facility was destroyed
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:38:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#14]
Removed-guns762
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:38:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#15]
(Removed, CoC-6~guns762)
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:38:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
At one time UKR used only yellow tape.  We are now seeing UKR Marines using blue tape along with this medic.  

What's the idea, different regions of the country, ran out of yellow tape?  There's also Russians using blue tape

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/49447/072F3C3D-FFD2-48DF-8C71-94642A47F859_jpe-2312350.JPG
View Quote

I don't know for a fact, but what I guessed from various pictures and video clips is that fighting units (soldiers) have yellow tape and civilian police, guard units have blue. But I'd be interested in finding out what its significance actually is.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:40:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Ukraine's Zelensky to address the full Congress of the United States on Wednesday.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:40:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#18]
Removed-guns762
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:40:31 AM EDT
[#19]

That girl looks like she's 12.
View Quote

Plot twist, it's the same chick in the other pic
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:40:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
The Pakistani diplomats would be lining up outside the US Consulate's front gate the next morning when the US Ambassador showed up for work.
View All Quotes

I don't forsee India jumping in bed with China.  That's a massive strategic mistake.

The Pakistani diplomats would be lining up outside the US Consulate's front gate the next morning when the US Ambassador showed up for work.

who are the Pakistanis in bed with?  they've never been very accommodating in our pursuit of jihadi terrorists?  they've actually been rather protective of their homegrown militant extremists, much to our dismay.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:41:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#21]
Removed-guns762
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:41:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#22]
Removed-guns762
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:41:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#23]
Removed-guns762
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:42:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By sq40:

Now that is interesting.  

They have the facial recognition data for both Ukrainian and Russian people.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sq40:
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:
Interesting story here.

Ukraine Has Started Using Clearview AI’s Facial Recognition During War

"Ukraine’s defense ministry on Saturday began using Clearview AI’s facial recognition technology, the company’s chief executive told Reuters, after the U.S. startup offered to uncover Russian assailants, combat misinformation and identify the dead."

Now that is interesting.  

They have the facial recognition data for both Ukrainian and Russian people.

Anyone who has ever got a picture ID in the world is in the database. Even from social media
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:42:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Ukraine's Zelensky to address the full Congress of the United States on Wednesday.
View Quote
That seems like a pretty big deal.  Smells like it's arranged to lay out the case to get more directly involved.  No fly zone?
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By MattyMattel:

Indians are largely a fucked up bunch.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MattyMattel:
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

It will be interesting to see how Modi spins joining the Indian and Chinese economies at the hip while telling Indians they have to be prepared for a war with India at any minute. This is a rather different scenario than their relationship with Russia and the West during the Cold War. Hindu nationalists are full on Team Putin because they somehow see a war of imperialism as anti-imperialism.

Indians are largely a fucked up bunch.

Maybe, but there are legitimately the finest street shitters the world has ever seen!  And Ghurkas aren't too bad either.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:45:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Apparently the Russians are serious about holding onto the Kuril islands.

Russian navy convoy passes through strait off Japan
View Quote

I just have to say, if I had to place a bet on a Russian vs. Japanese naval fight, I think the historical record is a pretty good predictor of what would happen.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:46:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By x248716x:

who are the Pakistanis in bed with?  they've never been very accommodating in our pursuit of jihadi terrorists?  they've actually been rather protective of their homegrown militant extremists, much to our dismay.
View Quote
You're missing the joke. With every other major power/neighbor/frenemy in an alliance they would go running to the US for influence. No one has any confusion concerning their history of supporting jihadis.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:47:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By mnd6563:

Maybe, but there are legitimately the finest street shitters the world has ever seen!  And Ghurkas aren't too bad either.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:47:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#30]
Removed-guns762
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:48:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#31]
Removed-guns762
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:49:46 AM EDT
[#32]
View Quote
This is good but it still won't give our commander and chief any balls.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:52:18 AM EDT
[#33]
This is interesting in that the Japanese are the ones pushing the agenda. These are the first steps to pushing the Russians off the security council at the UN.

Kishida expresses willingness for UN reform

View Quote

Considering how much money Japan gives to the UN, they should be able to have a say in who is on and off the security council, and have a permeant seat.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:52:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

Damn right.

Heroes glory.

I have zero issue with azov right now.
View Quote
Exactly, as long as they are fighting for their country and don't do anything bad to the population I don't care. Any problems with them cab be dealt with later.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:53:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Maine_11B_to_Nurse:

No worries. I didn't realize there was a  list of targets associated with the map, I though everyone was guessing based on the location of the dots.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Maine_11B_to_Nurse:
Originally Posted By nickmemphis:
I just want to say that I was indeed quite well lubricated when I misplaced Bentonville, the entire states of Arkansas, Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma and  possibly the cities of Siloam Springs, Big Cabin, Pryor, ( I lost a radiator on a volvo idling on a 34 hr reclock at that truck stop there across the road from the turnpike exit, which really sucked because I was only 75 minutes from home down 69 and 412), Bumfuck, Ohio , Choteau and maybe even Inola where I live now. I should get a dogtag that says. "I am Duddits Cavell, if I am lost, please call my mother at xxx-xxxx and have a blessed day!"

No worries. I didn't realize there was a  list of targets associated with the map, I though everyone was guessing based on the location of the dots.

They are actually guessing, btw. On the targetting map. They are pretty educated and likely guesses, but they are actually just guesses even so. They don't have, like, current and updated target lists from the Cardinal Of The Kremlin. As I said earlier aq few dozen pages ago, SLBMS don't even have assigned targets until it's go time generally, because targeting an SLBM involves telling it where it is first before where it's going, and you can't do that until you are somewhere in particular after getting a launch release order. They look at maps of shit in the Conus and say something, "Oh yeah, that's a hell of vital target. If we were them we'd probably use 4-5 devices with a total yield of about X, around this general area, probably." and then it's on the target map forever and never goes away. Not much consideration is given to do they actually have that many devices they can actually deliver accurately to that many targets in a first strike? or any of that sort of thing. They operate in a paradigm where every likely target can be hit hard and it sort of makes sense, because it's certainly possible. They don't have enough devices to hit all of the possible targets, but they are still possible, so it could happen.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:54:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

Seems like mostly hot air, same as all other politicians. Behind the scenes, they're probably telling Vlad's homies that the war is bad for bidness and they need to end it and withdraw. Otherwise, Russia will disintegrate and ChinaIsAsshoe won't be propping them up.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By planemaker:
Originally Posted By SFENDER:
Any news on what China has provided the Russians yet?

Seems like mostly hot air, same as all other politicians. Behind the scenes, they're probably telling Vlad's homies that the war is bad for bidness and they need to end it and withdraw. Otherwise, Russia will disintegrate and ChinaIsAsshoe won't be propping them up.

I'm thining it's disinformation to put them on point and force them to take a position.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:55:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:
Removed-guns762
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:56:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Saw this in a video and had to screen shot it. Ukrainian "I'm your huckleberry" patch on this guy's kit.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:56:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By nickmemphis:
An ingot of pure 24kt 3 nine fine gold the size of an ordinary brick or so, weighs nearly 75 imperial pounds. Back when they used to have public tours at Ft. Knox when it still had real gold in it they used to tell tourists they could have a bar tax free if they were able to pick it up with one hand using only their fingers.
View Quote

There is no gold in Ft Knox, they used it all to pay for the Apollo program and when it failed they had to go to deficit spending to cover the costs of Stanley Kubrick's work on faking the videos and images. That is why we dropped the gold standard int he 70's.  By then, the Jews in Hollywood were the only ones with the gold.  True story!
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:57:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Phocks:

I just have to say, if I had to place a bet on a Russian vs. Japanese naval fight, I think the historical record is a pretty good predictor of what would happen.
View Quote

The Helicopter Destroyers need to get done faster.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:57:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:58:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#42]
(Removed, CoC-7, sliding the topic, banned from thread~guns762)
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:58:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Damn what did I miss? Errrbody getting edited
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:58:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PurpleOtter] [#44]

Considering how much money Japan gives to the UN, they should be able to have a say in who is on and off the security council, and have a permeant seat.
View Quote
Maybe it's time they pulled that box the out of storage and assembled that "parts kit" they've been holding onto.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:58:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Phocks:

View Quote

Japan would win in a conventional war, Russia knows this. The Kuril islands are important for Japan in flanking Russian and Chinese submarines, and Japan really wants them back. it's also one of the most productive fishing grounds in the world. The problem for the west is Japan would pay for them to be returned, and they would pay a lot.

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:59:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By BoostKING:
Saw this in a video and had to screen shot it. Ukrainian "I'm your huckleberry" patch on this guy's kit.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/378130/Screenshot_20220314-081138_YouTube_jpg-2313055.JPG
View Quote

Good catch! That's fucking great.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:59:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By guns762:
Please keep the responses on topic~guns762
View Quote

Did you just moderate yourself?
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:59:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Russia is employing Chechens, I couldnt care less abot Azov.
Their home, defend it as such regardless
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:59:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
Originally Posted By woozman:
Maybe old news but Ukrainian regional defense forces training up on ATM.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/337493/B91C189E-6007-44A4-B300-B202CE187BA6_jpe-2312967.JPG

Maybe old although just provided by my friend in Kiev area so I doubt it was the one in western UkrAine.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:01:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By MrM1A1:

View Quote

Right?

The fuck I do? Lol.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1069 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top