Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1075 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:11:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Any updates on the negotiations from earlier today? Haven't seen shit about it.  Estonia calling for a no fly zone is certainly interesting.  If they stay alone in this, no big deal. If this becomes a point of contention amongst NATO states it weakens the West. A few outliers here and there is okay, but leaving the resolve of the group up in the air is bad. We'll see how this plays out and I don't expect much other support for a no fly zone.  

The no fly zone being established leads into a couple of scenarios:

1. Russia/NATO air conflict- very bad
2. Russia backing down down and honoring the no fly - good, but Russia still continues the artillery slaughter. It would show that Putin is willing to step back from the brink and is operating at least rationally.

The end result is still mostly the same IF Putin chooses door number 2. Russian air assets haven't been a key player in this.  The biggest thing you get out of a no fly abided by Russia is determining the commitment level and sanity of Putin.  At the sincere risk of door number 1.

Not worth it.

I still want the US or allies to start fucking with Russian puppet states like Belarus, Cuba, Syria, Venezuela.  Turn the tables on Putin. Do it without announcing it. Make Putin either spend shit tons of resources to come to his allies rescue, or gain control or leverage over other nations, some much closer to home.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:11:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Chokey:
View Quote

Russia won't tolerate that again. It might be the last live news broadcast.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:14:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

The moral high ground offers no tactical advantage whatsoever.

Drawing Russian resources away from the invasion would help Ukraine.
View Quote

The moral high ground gets you free ATGMs.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:14:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:

Russia could default on its debt within days

View Quote

Does russia even care? The priority is conquering Ukraine. Everything else is secondary at this point. They will just force their troops to fight for no pay if they have to.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:14:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like the Iranians want to play too.
Israeli government websites have crashed on Monday evening as they were the target of a cyberattack alleged to be linked to Iranian hacker groups, Israel's Communication Ministry confirmed.
Communications Minister Yoaz Hendel is holding a situational assessment to determine the scope of the cyberattack on Israeli online infrastructure. The issue is being addressed, the ministry added.
This is the largest-ever cyberattack carried out against official Israeli websites, an Israeli source told Haaretz, adding that Israel initially believes a state actor or large organization had carried out the attack.

View Quote
Iranian-linked cyberattack targets Israeli government web domain

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:14:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By goneshootin:

How effective are Patriot missiles now? I know early on in the middle east they struggled knocking down other missiles.
View Quote
I don't have an answer to that, but in the context of this conflict, it doesn't matter... Ukraine isn't going to be getting any.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:15:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
Ukraine already hit targets on Russian territory.
View Quote

I was not aware.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:15:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Walleyeguy24:
Any updates on the negotiations from earlier today? Haven't seen shit about it.  Estonia calling for a no fly zone is certainly interesting.  If they stay alone in this, no big deal. If this becomes a point of contention amongst NATO states it weakens the West. A few outliers here and there is okay, but leaving the resolve of the group up in the air is bad. We'll see how this plays out and I don't expect much other support for a no fly zone.  

The no fly zone being established leads into a couple of scenarios:

1. Russia/NATO air conflict- very bad
2. Russia backing down down and honoring the no fly - good, but Russia still continues the artillery slaughter. It would show that Putin is willing to step back from the brink and is operating at least rationally.

The end result is still mostly the same IF Putin chooses door number 2. Russian air assets haven't been a key player in this.  The biggest thing you get out of a no fly abided by Russia is determining the commitment level and sanity of Putin.  At the sincere risk of door number 1.

Not worth it.

I still want the US or allies to start fucking with Russian puppet states like Belarus, Cuba, Syria, Venezuela.  Turn the tables on Putin. Do it without announcing it. Make Putin either spend shit tons of resources to come to his allies rescue, or gain control or leverage over other nations, some much closer to home.
View Quote

@Walleyeguy24

Think negotiations got pushed to tomorrow. That’s what BBC said a while ago.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:16:22 PM EDT
[#9]
A captive Russian conscript says that their country treats them like cannon fodder

A captive Russian conscript says that their country treats them like cannon fodder
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:16:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By absael:
I don't have an answer to that, but in the context of this conflict, it doesn't matter... Ukraine isn't going to be getting any.
View Quote

Why not? They are defensive weapons to protect against cruise missiles.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:17:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Does russia even care? The priority is conquering Ukraine. Everything else is secondary at this point. They will just force their troops to fight for no pay if they have to.
View Quote
At this point I'm pretty sure Putin doesn't. The Russian bankers, industry, stock market etcetera very much so.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:20:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By dirtyharriett:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/121296/Alena_in_Poland_at_EURO_championships_jp-2313238.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/121296/Alena_WPA_Euro_championships_sized_jpg-2313242.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/121296/Alena_042217cropped_jpg-2313244.JPG

She is retired now from professional power lifting but when competing won over 40 gold medals in her age/56kg weight class and I am beyond proud of her. She has her masters degree and speaks 5 languages. We've been together for 11 1/2 amazing years.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zephyr:

My Ukrainian spouse was a professional fitness trainer there for around 7 years so I've had an inside view of this for some time now.

Damint man, we still have rules here!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/121296/Alena_in_Poland_at_EURO_championships_jp-2313238.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/121296/Alena_WPA_Euro_championships_sized_jpg-2313242.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/121296/Alena_042217cropped_jpg-2313244.JPG

She is retired now from professional power lifting but when competing won over 40 gold medals in her age/56kg weight class and I am beyond proud of her. She has her masters degree and speaks 5 languages. We've been together for 11 1/2 amazing years.

You're married to Vera ?  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:20:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By nickmemphis:
Die Hard two, all those dumptrucks of gold bars would all have been like tens of tons over weight, tire flattening spring destroying overweight.
View Quote

Ever read about the evacuation of the Fed vault in the WTC after 9/11? @nickmemphis
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:22:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

So does a no fly zone mean Ukrainians can fly?

I thought it meant no flying whatsoever
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:
Originally Posted By mancow:

I would hope we are able to discriminate.

So does a no fly zone mean Ukrainians can fly?

I thought it meant no flying whatsoever

It would be what they say it would be. My guess is Ukraine requests and the country or countries enforcing it gets to decide what is allowed in the air and what isn't.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:22:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: absael] [#15]

View All Quotes

Largely because it's not as simple as just shipping some over there and letting the Ukrainians start using them.  They would have to be accompanied by a large team of trained Americans, and that's not happening.

BTW, please use Quote All when appropriate; including only the last post in your response makes the conversation difficult for others to follow.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:24:47 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

Because we are not going to send Americans to operate them.. period.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:28:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doc540] [#17]
Full Auto BMW

Run'N'Shoot
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:29:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu8m5FA2nL8
View Quote

Very cool I can dig the vibe
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:32:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Estonia (NATO) officially calls for a no fly zone.

Estonia's Parliament adopts resolution urging to close sky over Ukraine
View Quote

So they can institute a no fly zone independently with their own Air Force. Right?
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:33:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

At what cost? Leveling of all major cities? Is that considered a win? Russia will throw away alot more men and material into this than Ukraine can.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
Originally Posted By dillydilly:
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:
Pro Russian accounts are up and active, they are posting more content in the past 6 hours since the start of the war.

Drones, ambushes, artillery, and guided-missile strikes. Extremely graphic and similar to what we have seen posted by Ukrainian forces.  

Artillery, especially drone and laser-guided artillery, is coming into play for Russia.

That's war man. Both sides are gonna have casualties. But one things for certain, Ukraine is winning.

At what cost? Leveling of all major cities? Is that considered a win? Russia will throw away alot more men and material into this than Ukraine can.

Are you suggesting that Ukraine should just give up? Would you just give up if it were your home that was attacked?
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:35:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

The question was about the 30mm cannon.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dracster:
Originally Posted By mnd6563:

Can that 30mm cannon have any significant effect on a T-72bm?

From side and rear is a kill possible, front maybe a mission kill if they hit optics or the main gun.

But it would be stupid to try one on one, the T-72 can engage a BTR-4 at 4km.

Plot twist, the BTR-4 can also engage at 4km with Konkurs or Barrier ATGM.

The question was about the 30mm cannon.

Can the T-72 see 4km? The B3M maybe (I can't find anything on the Russian optics) but they are still using a lot of plain ERA-upgraded T-72B, especially the Donbass forces.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:36:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Largely because it's not as simple as just shipping some over there and letting the Ukrainians start using them.  They would have to be accompanied by a large team of trained Americans, and that's not happening.

BTW, please use Quote All when appropriate; including only the last post in your response makes the conversation difficult for others to follow.
View Quote

Yeah, we don't want them accidentally shooting down an airliner.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:39:26 PM EDT
[#23]

Right clock... save as!

Thank you @torqued!

Slava Ukraini... Heroiam Slava!
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:40:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By BlueSetter:

So they can institute a no fly zone independently with their own Air Force. Right?
View All Quotes
Estonia (NATO) officially calls for a no fly zone.

Estonia's Parliament adopts resolution urging to close sky over Ukraine

Not with their 6 unarmed aircraft.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:41:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Plans for a joint Saudi Arabia-China refining and petrochemical complex to be built in northeast China that were shelved in 2020 are now being discussed again, according to sources close to the deal. The original deal for Saudi Aramco and China's North Industries Group (Norinco) and Panjin Sincen Group to build the US$10 billion 300,000 barrels per day (bpd) integrated refining and petrochemical facility in Panjin city was signed in February 2019. However, in the aftermath of the enduring low prices and economic damage that hit Saudi Arabia as a result of the Second Oil Price War it instigated in the first half of 2020 against the U.S. shale oil threat, Aramco pulled out of the deal in August of that year.

The fact that this landmark refinery joint venture is back under serious consideration underlines the extremely significant shift in Saudi Arabia's geopolitical alliances in the past few years  principally away from the U.S. and its allies and towards China and its allies. Up until the 2014-2016 Oil Price War, intended by Saudi Arabia to destroy the then-nascent U.S. shale oil sector, the foundation of U.S.-Saudi relations had been the deal struck on 14 February 1945 between the then-U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt and the Saudi King Abdulaziz. In essence, but analyzed in-depth in my new book on the global oil markets, this was that the U.S. would receive all of the oil supplies it needed for as long as Saudi had oil in place, in return for which the U.S. would guarantee the security both of the ruling House of Saud and, by extension, of Saudi Arabia.

View Quote
About that embargo?

China And Saudi Arabia Strengthen Ties With $10 Billion Petrochemical Plan

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#26]
With this talk of Ukraine "winning", I am not at all convinced russia is in a position that they can't continue bringing in more and more and more people and artillery to shell cities. That is the only "winning". The cruise missiles have not stopped. The shelling has not stopped. The expansion of russian activity has not stopped. They have more people and more shells to replace the ones they've used or lost. Russian troops will continue fighting because the punishment of refusing to fight is worse.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:45:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan_Scott] [#27]
If Ukraine can keep inflicting casualties on Russia like this eventually there will be Russians surrendering.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:51:40 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

It's called "wounded", Peanut. "Injured" is when you fall out of a tree or something.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:54:02 PM EDT
[#29]
With this talk of Ukraine "winning", I am not at all convinced russia is in a position that they can't continue bringing in more and more and more people and artillery to shell cities. That is the only "winning". The cruise missiles have not stopped. The shelling has not stopped. The expansion of russian activity has not stopped. They have more people and more shells to replace the ones they've used or lost. Russian troops will continue fighting because the punishment of refusing to fight is worse.
View Quote

It's more a "Ukraine isn't necessarily winning but Russia is definitely losing".
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:54:30 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

At what point does their economy collapse?  The more force Russia brings to bear, the more dead civilians and the tighter the sanctions will become.

It should be noted that outside of the government mandated sanctions, many large corporations are simply deciding they will no longer do business with Russia.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:55:56 PM EDT
[#31]

It's more a "Ukraine isn't necessarily winning but Russia is definitely losing".
View All Quotes

That's a great way to describe it.

This conflict has two theaters: the physical conflict on the ground and the economic "conflict" on Russia's economy.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:59:19 PM EDT
[#32]

I was not aware.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
Ukraine already hit targets on Russian territory.

I was not aware.

Well, according to Putin, Ukraine isn't a real nation, and it's Russian territory.  So yeah, based on that...
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 4:03:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By realwar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wExLrR6if0
View Quote

Before sanctions hit he was making the equivalent of $25 per month. That isn’t missing a zero.

Russians,for all their supposed love of the military,have conscripts occupying one of the lowest positions of society. Out of that $25 per month they’re having to pay protection money to their NCOs and depending upon where to “thieves in law” who shake them down. There’s not much glorious about being a Russian conscript,saying nothing of living in ancient barracks with no hot water. Honestly it’s a miracle more of them don’t desert but there what the threat of being an enemy of the state is there for as motivation.

They have a bizarre death cult where they only care about soldiers after they are dead.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 4:03:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By feetpiece:

It's called "wounded", Peanut. "Injured" is when you fall out of a tree or something.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By feetpiece:

unless he did.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 4:05:24 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

We are not allowed to have armed aircraft,the US and Germany decided that would be too provocative towards Russia. It is also why we have only weak short range air defense;we have zero means to intercept Russian missiles ourselves.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 4:05:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By LoBrau:

@dillydilly done
View Quote

You da MVP. 😎
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 4:07:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

We are not allowed to have armed aircraft,the US and Germany decided that would be too provocative towards Russia. It is also why we have only weak short range air defense;we have zero means to intercept Russian missiles ourselves.
View Quote

That’s fucked up. I was just looking at your “Airforce inventory” on wiki a few minutes ago. Y’all need some f16’s or Saab gripens.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 4:07:32 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

By what mechanism is this enforced?
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 4:08:23 PM EDT
[#39]

Before sanctions hit he was making the equivalent of $25 per month. That isn’t missing a zero.

Russians,for all their supposed love of the military,have conscripts occupying one of the lowest positions of society. Out of that $25 per month they’re having to pay protection money to their NCOs and depending upon where to “thieves in law” who shake them down. There’s not much glorious about being a Russian conscript,saying nothing of living in ancient barracks with no hot water. Honestly it’s a miracle more of them don’t desert but there what the threat of being an enemy of the state is there for as motivation.

They have a bizarre death cult where they only care about soldiers after they are dead.
View Quote

Seems like you could probably hire them to switch sides or just pay them to surrender. If they demand it you could even report them dead, issue them ID from Donbass and give them a job cleaning up rubble.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 4:10:28 PM EDT
[#40]

If there is a no-fly zone established, nato planes will enforce it by shooting down rusian planes and they will fire back. ww3.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By planemaker:

V-22s with F-35 escorts bringing food to Mariupol? Announce that's what you're going to do (since the rooskies were crowing about a humanitarian crisis) and tell everybody to cease fire for a few hours. As bad as the Russian comms are, though, it might take a week for word to get thru to all the ground forces.

If there is a no-fly zone established, nato planes will enforce it by shooting down rusian planes and they will fire back. ww3.

Seems like if the Russians and Ukraine can agree on a cease-fire, that would be an opportune time for that sort of thing to occur. The potato-in-thief's handlers aren't smart enough to engage with the parties involved to work that kind of arrangement.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 4:11:21 PM EDT
[#41]
From yesterday...

Commander of the Ukrainian 24th Brigade, Colonel Valeriy Hudz killed in fighting in Luhansk area.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 4:11:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SmilingBandit] [#42]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

View All Quotes

Coercion I imagine.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 4:13:53 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 4:14:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 4:14:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

At what point does their economy collapse?  The more force Russia brings to bear, the more dead civilians and the tighter the sanctions will become.

It should be noted that outside of the government mandated sanctions, many large corporations are simply deciding they will no longer do business with Russia.
View Quote

Winning this fight is the highest priority for Putin. If they can eventually destroy all of ukraine if necessary, regardless of lost troops, regardless of crashed economy, regardless of starvation of his people, he will take a victory lap and declare that the powerful russian army can't be stopped no matter how long it takes. Many russian people will be proud of the suffering they were able to survive in order to show how tough they are and how strong their army is.
If enough people protest to overwhelm the governments machine-guns, that matters. I see no reason to believe that is going to happen.
More and more troops and artillery to encircle and lay seige to Ukraine cities until they give up, regardless of the loss. And I definitely think chemical weapons are on the table if necessary to win.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 4:14:43 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

That lady is going to be in the clink for along time.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Probably the same one that has held Germany to it’s commitments over the years.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 4:21:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Cobradriver:

I always knew china had major issues just from stories 2 of my Cousins told from
working in china for their different companies. Both were in completely different
areas and had the same type of stories.

Then I found ADVriders channel and holy shit that really reinforced my opinion.

Both of the companies my Cousins worked for have moved production back to
the good ol USA. It took a few years but they were done in 2015/2016. The final straw was
having to purchase American made steel, shipping it to china and then being able
to make their products. Chinese steel wasn't even close to good enough...

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cobradriver:
Originally Posted By GTLandser:
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:

No flat tires yet.

I laughed so hard milk almost shot out of my nose when I heard Russia was asking China for more military equipment. What a joke.  Turns out having Chinese military equipment produced in factories that won their contracts solely due to government corruption then used an apathetic slave labor force working 12 hour days doesn't produce the highly quality of items. Who would have guessed right?  

China is so hyper competitive it's created a culture of "get what I can for me at all times and screw everyone else" so that even when it comes to defense related items the defense contractors in China are cutting every corner to maximize their profits or just straight up embezzle.  

If China starts anything in Taiwan we're going to find out real fast that Chinese military equipment is pure junk.  

These are people who care so little for one another that they build elementary schools that collapse and kill their neighbors kids, and adulterate baby formula with melamine. They are fucked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-2DtL-Wjkc

I always knew china had major issues just from stories 2 of my Cousins told from
working in china for their different companies. Both were in completely different
areas and had the same type of stories.

Then I found ADVriders channel and holy shit that really reinforced my opinion.

Both of the companies my Cousins worked for have moved production back to
the good ol USA. It took a few years but they were done in 2015/2016. The final straw was
having to purchase American made steel, shipping it to china and then being able
to make their products. Chinese steel wasn't even close to good enough...

A friend of mine made a fortune from re-machining out of spec aircraft parts for Boeing that came from China. This went on for so many years that it was his main contract and he retired in his 40's.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 4:21:05 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

NATO membership and the BAP mission.

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 4:22:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

Seems like if the Russians and Ukraine can agree on a cease-fire, that would be an opportune time for that sort of thing to occur. The potato-in-thief's handlers aren't smart enough to engage with the parties involved to work that kind of arrangement.
View Quote

The only reason russia agrees to a cease fire is for tactical reasons in war, and they will break it when breaking it is useful.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1075 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top