Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1129 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 8:48:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

T72b3 obr 2016, b3m, and b3, fairly modern versions.

The t14 isnt vapor ware, it’s a real functioning tank.

So is the t90m.

We still have m1a1s today in active use.
View Quote

Have you any evidence of this?.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 8:51:09 PM EDT
[#2]
What a miserable cunt.

Maybe if congress was run by folks with their sleeves rolled up, dirt on their hands, and sweat on their brow, our leadership wouldn't suck as badly as it does. Being a pussy in a 3-piece suit doesn't make you a leader. Grow a set
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 8:51:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mokerr] [#3]
Holy shit don't watch the new Frontline about Putin. It basically ends with Russia stole the election from Hillary and Trump was the favorite of the Kremlin etc etc.

Fucking disgusting. I usually trust Frontline too.

E: oh wow they're showing January 6th footage. In an episode about Putin in Ukraine.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 8:52:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Skopsko07734:
Wow, it sucks that you are legally blind, bummer.

I'll describe what happened, the truck got hit, it killed the engine and the truck coasted to a stop after lightly squishing a RR crossing sign.  The six or seven guys in the bed of the truck wobbled around a bit as the truck slowly came to a stop but they appeared unharmed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Skopsko07734:
Originally Posted By kbi:
Originally Posted By realwar:
Ukrainian Helmet Cam Close Range RPG Ambush On Russian Ural Truck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I09fBeM_g0E

Yeah nobody was walking away from that
Wow, it sucks that you are legally blind, bummer.

I'll describe what happened, the truck got hit, it killed the engine and the truck coasted to a stop after lightly squishing a RR crossing sign.  The six or seven guys in the bed of the truck wobbled around a bit as the truck slowly came to a stop but they appeared unharmed.

I would pretty confidently say the passenger is pretty fucked and the driver not far from it considering the blast looks to have hit the passenger door or cab near the door at about mid height.  A pretty good indicator that the blast penetrated the cab might be the roof hatch being blasted open and flames jetting out.  The door likely opened under the deceleration of the truck because the door latch mechanism and the rest of the parts around it were...erm... compromised.  

You are correct in your observation that the troops in the rear don't look too fucked up.  I was surprised to see them all still on their feet.  

Kaboom...er kabob...
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Whoever was in the cab got effed up.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 8:53:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By mokerr:
Holy shit don't watch the new Frontline about Putin. It basically ends with Russia stole the election from Hillary and Trump was the favorite of the Kremlin etc etc.

View Quote

Just watched it. A Trump hit piece.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 8:54:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By kncook:
There are about 150 Russian “old guard” politicians that keep the game going that needed to be culled like the Nazis after WW2 at Nuremberg.

It’s the only way to wipe the threat of it occurring again off the face of the earth.
View Quote

I would like it to be true, that a bunch of younger generation Russian military leaders see that the only successful future for Russia is going back to the Budapest Memo borders, rewriting their constitution, and liquidating Putin and all his loyal cronies. They could make it happen, and the sacrifice of their old guard en masse is a small price to pay to secure a better, safer, freer future Russia.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 8:54:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Element94:

View Quote

PBS...  Not surprised.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 8:55:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Dude lives in a bunker somewhere, bombs are going off over his head. He needs to make a fashion statement?
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 8:56:05 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

I am no lover of trump by any means but what they did felt so forced and fake they completely just lost credibility to me. They framed Obama as this peaceful spreader of democracy in the Arab world and then trump as basically Putin's puppet to embolden him to attack other countries. What the fuck.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 8:56:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Goodn:

PBS...  Not surprised.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Goodn:

PBS...  Not surprised.

They're usually so fair to Republicans. Almost as much as 60 Minutes.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 8:57:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By feetpiece:

The humor in someone manstruating that Westerners don't have a grasp on the situation. Keep emotion out of it and you might have a chance of surviving with your sanity.
View Quote
No we do have a very good grasp on the killing in this situation. Where are you from?
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 8:58:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ericoak:

The same reason Russia’s neighbors are rightfully afraid of Russia is the same reason Russia fears a Western invasion and China/Vietnam/Korea fears a strong Japan.

German and Japan actually did try an wipe them off the planet, not that long ago. Unlike the “genocide” occurring in Ukraine.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ericoak:
Originally Posted By boltcatch:

Uh...  a lot of people know both arabs and Ukrainians.  Not to mention a number of other post-Soviet states.

This is really not difficult to figure out, even if you're willing to accept various claims about Syria at face value.

People had hoped that 70+ years of Soviet bullshit was finally over, but now we're just dealing with wish.com USSR 2.0.   We already had enough problems with China without having to put up with this crap.   I have no doubt that some in Western government went out of their way to make sure this war happened for their own benefit, but at the end of the day it happened because Russian leadership just can't play well with others.

Maybe if they hadn't spent a few generations brutalizing their neighbors, they wouldn't have to be so paranoid about people hating them.   They're not really going to be missed if they do themselves in demographically.

The same reason Russia’s neighbors are rightfully afraid of Russia is the same reason Russia fears a Western invasion and China/Vietnam/Korea fears a strong Japan.

German and Japan actually did try an wipe them off the planet, not that long ago. Unlike the “genocide” occurring in Ukraine.

Boo-fucking-hoo  

I've gone from  "We better be careful to not Treaty of Versailles them"  to  realizing that
Russia as a people need to be curb-stomped the way the Japanese were in WW2.

They need to be flattened like hammered shit, and reformed into something useful for  society.  The world
will be a better place afterwards.  We should have left them to die on the vine in WW2.

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 8:59:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GTLandser] [#13]

E: oh wow they're showing January 6th footage. In an episode about Putin in Ukraine.
View Quote

I watched the whole thing, because what the hell.

I am still astounded that there are people who can seem so smart otherwise, who think there is NO POSSIBLE explanation for why Hillary lost, UNLESS it was a Russian Disinformation Campaign!

No, it's actually because we really hate you "elite" motherfuckers, that's why. If you ever left Georgetown to talk to the "little people" who make this country run, you would realize that.

"Those poor rubes in flyover country, they're too dumb to know what's best for them".

They still don't get it.

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 8:59:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Durka-Durka:

Sorry, I'm not buying it.  There's been plenty of evidence of shooting civilians and journalists, even after they throw their hands up or identify themselves. Yet, even after that one guy held his hands up and got shot, why would they go through the trouble of hiding the body?  If it's a psyop, why not leave it out in the open for others to see?  

I just think the russians are an undisciplined rabble with lots of weapons.  Orcs.  And they f-up a lot, but don't worry about civilian deaths like we do.  I don't think it's deliberate though.

ETA: To clarify, when I say they aren't deliberately targeting civilians, I mean they don't have orders to target them.  Russians be like russians do.
View All Quotes

But to what aim, though?  

I'm definitely not trying to support russia here, but what's the motive for intentionally targeting civilians?  There's no benefit to it, except psychologically.

Trying to get them to capitulate.

It's a powerful weapon.

Sorry, I'm not buying it.  There's been plenty of evidence of shooting civilians and journalists, even after they throw their hands up or identify themselves. Yet, even after that one guy held his hands up and got shot, why would they go through the trouble of hiding the body?  If it's a psyop, why not leave it out in the open for others to see?  

I just think the russians are an undisciplined rabble with lots of weapons.  Orcs.  And they f-up a lot, but don't worry about civilian deaths like we do.  I don't think it's deliberate though.

ETA: To clarify, when I say they aren't deliberately targeting civilians, I mean they don't have orders to target them.  Russians be like russians do.

Unless the intercepted comms are completely falsified and the POWs are lying, you're wrong.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:00:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 1953HenryJ:
Does anyone know how much of the Ukrainian aid is for gender equality studies and anti gender fluidity bathroom confusion training? Should we box up AOC and send her over?
View Quote
You want to know how to fix an American who is sympathetic to communism? Take them to a communist country, take them several hundred kilometers past where english is spoken, burn their passport, ID, and any money they have, and leave them there. They may eventually make it back...but I bet they will be a lot more understanding.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:00:03 PM EDT
[#16]

So is the t90m.

View Quote

Anything that doesn’t have thermal for commander and gunner or can’t penetrate 750mm is horribly outdated.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:00:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone else haunted by the video of the pregnant women being rescued from the hospital and her hand stroking the baby in her belly?

The blast shattered her pelvis and hip.

The surgeons tried to save the baby but it died, then tried to save her and she passed away, too.

I'm struggling not to see that replaying in my head.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:00:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Julia Ioffe interview | FRONTLINE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSNo2FPQDQw
View Quote

No ring on that girl, just sayin' ...
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:02:17 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

How much longer will the left blame Trump for everything?
About as long as they blames GWB for everything....right up to the day the next Republican takes the oath of office.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:04:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 715700] [#20]

Read the thread for how it breaks down. I almost feel offended more Russians want to fight Poland next rather than us but whatever,cool. By the time they’re done with Poland and need to to denazification here they’ll be invading on roller skates.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:05:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
View Quote

97% of Russians apparently have no clue.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:06:18 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote
Wonder if the questions were: "Do you support thing govt is doing or would you like us to kill you?"

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:08:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By doc540:
Anyone else haunted by the video of the pregnant women being rescued from the hospital and her hand stroking the baby in her belly?

The surgeons tried to save the baby but it died, then tried to save her and she passed away, too.

View Quote
That one hasn't but other videos have. Its sickening and hurts.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:08:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
No we do have a very good grasp on the killing in this situation. Where are you from?
View All Quotes

The humor in someone manstruating that Westerners don't have a grasp on the situation. Keep emotion out of it and you might have a chance of surviving with your sanity.

Uncorking an emotional tampon like this is Barftwitter is every bit as distracting as the purse swinging over Putin.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:09:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

https://i.imgur.com/uMjcydG.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/8RS4uyQ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/fcLEfAB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/furWf51.jpg
View Quote

At the risk of being completely wrong, I'm going to make a prediction:

The Russian Naval activity is a feint, or at most, a supporting effort to the main effort, which will be a ground attack on Odessa.

If the Russian Navy and Marines are as fucked up as the rest of their military, I think they already know that an amphibious assault is an elaborate form of suicide. But shelling or some cruise missiles could be used for preparatory fires, and they also serve to divert attention and resources toward the sea coast.

Think about it: it is WAY easier to move more tonnage of troops and supplies via roads, than it is by sea. Even though the Russians have been struggling to do that, it is way simpler than an amphibious assault, and it is difficult to get more combat power on the ground in a short period of time.

After the ground assault, then those troops may be supported or eventually withdrawn from the sea, particularly if they are cut off (don't realize their objectives).

Let's see what happens.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:10:00 PM EDT
[#26]

Read the thread for how it breaks down. I almost feel offended more Russians want to fight Poland next rather than us but whatever,cool. By the time they’re done with Poland and need to to denazification here they’ll be invading on roller skates.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/80AE7D2A-C7B9-4DAD-BFBE-911B6A5BEAB6_jpe-2316080.JPG
View Quote

We can't even trust our own polls, I sure as fuck ain't trusting a Russian one.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:10:19 PM EDT
[#27]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/80AE7D2A-C7B9-4DAD-BFBE-911B6A5BEAB6_jpe-2316080.JPG
View Quote

Oh sweet!  DO IT!  Please.  DOOO ITTTT!!!!

Poland would end this whole Putin peacekeeping special operation in about 12 hours.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:10:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Does anyone know how much of the Ukrainian aid is for gender equality studies and anti gender fluidity bathroom confusion training? Should we box up AOC and send her over?
View Quote

Wooo slow down there pal we are trying not to escalate things you can't send some aoc diversity inclusion over there yet, probably gotta nuke em first for proper force escalation
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:10:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
Wonder if the questions were: "Do you support thing govt is doing or would you like us to kill you?"

View Quote

*disclaimer: if you don't answer how we like you might get thrown in the gulag
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:11:26 PM EDT
[#30]

Uncorking an emotional tampon like this is Barftwitter is every bit as distracting as the purse swinging over Putin.
View Quote
I don't get what you are going on about.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:11:37 PM EDT
[#31]

Read the thread for how it breaks down. I almost feel offended more Russians want to fight Poland next rather than us but whatever,cool. By the time they're done with Poland and need to to denazification here they'll be invading on roller skates.

View Quote
I hope the Russians are stupid enough to hit Poland.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:11:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Obo2:

Wooo slow down there pal we are trying not to escalate things you can't send some aoc diversity inclusion over there yet, probably gotta nuke em first for proper force escalation
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Obo2:

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:11:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By voodochild:

WTF!!  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By voodochild:
Originally Posted By hondaciv:
I'll just leave this here I guess.

WTF!!  

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:12:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: macro] [#34]
Originally Posted By doc540:

View Quote
I don't think I need to qualify myself to you at this point...you know my side of things. The story about the hospital and this new story about the theatre are one of two things....either continued evidence of the misery that is unbound warfare....or...carefully prepared propaganda. Call me jaded...Ive seen too many examples of bullshit stories spun to stir emotions of the common man. Im not there. I have no idea what really happened. I don't trust our government. I don't trust the media. I don't trust the tech companies that censor social media.

My guess is that truth is somewhere in the middle, and I am leaning toward unmitigated aggression by Russia.  Still...no one outside the theatre of warfare is going to know what really happened for a long time....maybe never.

As I get more texts and emails from family in Ukraine, I am more and more ready for someone to shut Putin off like a switch. My cousins moms house (in Bucha) was shelled and destroyed. They are on the run and somewhere in West Ukraine, laying low. Another cousin and their family said fuck it and went to Poland (the women at least...the men stayed to fight).

I was able to look at this all academically until my families house was shelled and burned to the ground. As time passes, its becoming more and more personal.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:12:48 PM EDT
[#35]

Change point four. Democracy is no guarantee against authoritarianism. What they need is guarantees of freedom for the people, like our bill of rights. Voting is by far the least important right. They critically need an independent judiciary, jury trials, and a first amendment.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:13:11 PM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes

Me either.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:13:14 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

I'll say it again.

The people of Russia are not innocent. They need to be dealt with, and the nukes are a problem preventing it.

As long as that nation is allowed to exist, the world will suffer for it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:14:26 PM EDT
[#38]

Read the thread for how it breaks down. I almost feel offended more Russians want to fight Poland next rather than us but whatever,cool. By the time they're done with Poland and need to to denazification here they'll be invading on roller skates.

View Quote
This sucks! We're dead last. Come on USA you can do better.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:16:32 PM EDT
[#39]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk3CiyPOVl8
View Quote

Kim Jun Un can now step off the pedestal of being the craziest tin pot dictator in the World.
Putin has taken his place ten fold.

JFC somebody has to off that guy.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:17:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SoCalExile] [#40]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:17:24 PM EDT
[#41]

Damn.

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:17:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

I'll say it again.

The people of Russia are not innocent. They need to be dealt with, and the nukes are a problem preventing it.

View Quote

Not that I disagree, but those 87% of people are simply afraid of being sent to a Siberian gulag if they answer incorrectly. The prolonged and real threat of dying or torture has real effects on people's behavior down to even the most simple tasks. Ultimately, yeah, everybody's responsible for themselves, but it's not (never) so black and white.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:18:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By OKnativeson:

they meant for that Tank and everyone in it to DIE
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By OKnativeson:
Originally Posted By GlockZen:
probably already posted but incredible footage

they meant for that Tank and everyone in it to DIE
Looks like one of the crew made it out at the end and got cut down by an IED.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:18:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Looks like first images of the Drama Theater in Mariupol are coming out.

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:19:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

I'll say it again.

View Quote

You aren't wrong.  Something is fundamentally wrong with Russia. They have been an asshole to the entire world for a century.  A century.  They can never get along with anyone.  I thought they turned the corner even with a thug like Putin, still becoming a productive member of the world. Once again,  they have proven they are irreparably broken as a country and people.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:19:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Valentyna Romanenko - Wednesday, 16 March 2022, 20:47

Ukrainian artillery destroyed an ammunition depot and a dozen fuel tanks of the Russian aggressors near Chernihiv.

Source: Operational Command North

"The ammunition depot and over 10 of the orcs' . Refuelers in the Chernihiv region encountered our landscape designers." "The work of our artillery is precise and perfectly splendid."
View Quote
Russian Federation ammunition depot "fixed" by Ukrainian artillery "landscape designers"
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:19:53 PM EDT
[#47]

So is the t90m.

View Quote

I'm pretty sure the Marine Corps was the last US military to use the M1A1 and that was an upgraded version.

My understanding is that the National Guard had stopped using them a few years ago as Ft Benning was stopping training with them.  before the Marines got rid of their tanks, they were wondering how they were going to train their new crewmen as the Army Armor School was getting rid of their simulators and the Marines didn't have enough of their own to do the job.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:20:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:
Looks like first images of the Drama Theater in Mariupol are coming out.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FN_GR7rWUAEzwqy?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FN_GTbMWQAMj-8U?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

they've been out
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:20:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:21:09 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

lol

whatever

Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1129 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top