Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1138 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:49:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kncook:
@grambosc
@oknativeson

Here is the video showing the other tank.

First image is of the main tank stopped dead where it was at the end of the video.

Second picture is the area lit up by a flash off screen from a another explosion before the “body” comes flying in.

Third picture is as it zooms out and you see the other smoking tank at the intersection (the main tank is seen at the bottom of frame).

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97971/8FA03D2D-BCF1-45FD-9EB7-50A018C96DF9_png-2316349.JPG

Off screen Flash

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97971/19200E3C-FE80-48AA-9A32-BDAFF844D7C1_png-2316350.JPG

Other dead tank

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/97971/313E90DA-64E8-4268-890C-9CA1708EED11_png-2316351.JPG
View Quote

@kncook

Ok that does complicate things a bit.  So many good Russians that it's hard to keep up.  I still think that one may have been the one who was tangled up in the netting, as someone mentioned earlier.  The trajectory doesn't seem to have a low enough angle to have come from the second tank.  I could always be wrong though.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:50:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 7empest:

Also there are Jewish members in AZOV.
View Quote

Supposedly their biggest financier is a jewish fella too.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:51:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

Most of Asia hates their guts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
Originally Posted By anono:

Japan is our biggest DoD partner. We do shit tons of joint exercises and development with them. From what I can gather, they are well aware that China is holding a grudge from WW2 atrocities in a big way.

Most of Asia hates their guts.

Everybody in East Asia hates everybody else in East Asia.

Chinese hate Japanese, both hate Vietnamese, all of them hate Koreans, and vice-versa.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:51:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By PeepEater:

Stalin kills millions of Ukranians and we whistle while giving him all the equipment he can take. Putin kills a couple of thousand and every politician is now a pro Ukranian concern troll. It's sad really. I've got friends there, my family has been there, and nobody in the US government gave a shit about Ukraine until they could make a buck or get a vote from it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lycurgus:

I guess you can say she is a lunatic. Sad.

Stalin kills millions of Ukranians and we whistle while giving him all the equipment he can take. Putin kills a couple of thousand and every politician is now a pro Ukranian concern troll. It's sad really. I've got friends there, my family has been there, and nobody in the US government gave a shit about Ukraine until they could make a buck or get a vote from it.

The intentional nature of the famine was not well understood by the west at the time.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:53:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By theskuh:
BBC saying the resistance in Mauripol was weakening under the shelling and siege. No bueno
View Quote

Just a theory, but if this infusion of suicide drones becomes available soon, I'm thinking this will be the basis for opening up areas around besieged cities for resupply.  They said the initial 100 drones is just the first delivery, and if more are needed, Ukraine will be getting more drones as needed.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:55:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

DJI? The drone community already hated them. Flight boxes. Shitty support. Nanny state bullshit baked in.

UKR? If I was them, I would be scattering ESP32s all over, and every one of them would be emulating a DJI flight controller. Get's kinda spensive wasting a $50K loitering munition on a $5 esp32.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AnalogKid:
There's a bunch of drones that don't rat you out to the PRC and are also pretty nice. Fuck DJI

Side note... There's some pretty large and fast remote controlled boats.

How bad do you think this will bite them in the ass?

DJI? The drone community already hated them. Flight boxes. Shitty support. Nanny state bullshit baked in.

UKR? If I was them, I would be scattering ESP32s all over, and every one of them would be emulating a DJI flight controller. Get's kinda spensive wasting a $50K loitering munition on a $5 esp32.

Someone explain to me what's the uproar over drone controllers now?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:55:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By hondaciv:
View Quote

Insane how covered by video this whole thing has been
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:55:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#8]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
BBC saying the resistance in Mauripol was weakening under the shelling and siege. No bueno

Just a theory, but if this infusion of suicide drones becomes available soon, I'm thinking this will be the basis for opening up areas around besieged cities for resupply.  They said the initial 100 drones is just the first delivery, Ukraine will be getting more drones as needed they claimed.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:58:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#9]
View Quote

Just a theory, but if this infusion of suicide drones becomes available soon, I'm thinking this will be the basis for opening up areas around besieged cities for resupply.  They said the initial 100 drones is just the first delivery, Ukraine will be getting more drones as needed they claimed.

Also, Ukraine is getting the S-300 systems, as well as the upgraded SA-300 units, (SA-12)  That will also help clear the air.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:03:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By jDrexler:

The intentional nature of the famine was not well understood by the west at the time.
View Quote

"The famine has been deliberately planned by the Moscow government and implemented by means of brutal requisition. The definite aim of this crime is to liquidate the Ukrainian problem over a few months, sacrificing from 10 to 15 million people. Do not consider this figure to be exaggerated: I’m sure it could even have been reached and exceeded by now." -Sergio Gradenigo, the Italian consul to Moscow, 1933.

The West knew about it. FDR and his fellow travelers suppressed it. Walter Duranty with the NYT was a Stalinist stooge and got a Pulitzer prize for it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:03:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

View All Quotes
There's a bunch of drones that don't rat you out to the PRC and are also pretty nice. Fuck DJI

Russia is using a feature in the DJI drone software to locate and bomb the drone pilots.

There's several ways to counter the whole thing and I'm sure it won't be too big a deal. I'm also sure there's more than a few "drone pilots" that need a fresh set of underwear and another drone off Amazon.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:06:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By RockMech:

3D-printable, Open Source software drones, driven by Arduino/RaspberryPi controllers?

Surprised it's not become it's own "scene" yet....
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RockMech:
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:

We really do need an alternate software and way to flash them that still maintains all functionality but does not have comms with China.

3D-printable, Open Source software drones, driven by Arduino/RaspberryPi controllers?

Surprised it's not become it's own "scene" yet....

Pixhawks have been a thing for over a decade. Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:06:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Dictators often fail to keep in mind that the opposition always gets a vote too, when it isn't your minions and sycophants.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:07:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hondaciv] [#14]

Russia is using a feature in the DJI drone software to locate and bomb the drone pilots.

There's several ways to counter the whole thing and I'm sure it won't be too big a deal. I'm also sure there's more than a few "drone pilots" that need a fresh set of underwear and another drone off Amazon.
View Quote

I know nothing about drones or drone software.  How can Russia find the location of an operator?  Basic radio location finding?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:10:33 AM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

Interesting
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:11:51 AM EDT
[#16]

I know nothing about drones or drone software.  How can Russia find the location of an operator?  Basic radio location finding?
View All Quotes

DJI sells a device that makes tracking the drones incredibly easy.

You turn it on, and it gets information from the drone itself including the pilots location.

https://www.dji.com/mobile/aeroscope
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:12:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

You forgot one.

MAKE KALININGRAD KOENIGSBERG AGAIN!!!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
Originally Posted By SpaceGuy:

Transnistria annexed by Moldova.
Crimea re-annexed by Ukraine and DPR and LPR re-integrated
Kuril Islands taken by Japanese
Chinese push Russia back to pre-Aigun lines
Georgia takes Azbakhia and South Ossetia
Chechnya declares independence
Belarus revokes puppet status
Finns take back Karelia
Azeris re-take Nagorno-Karabakh
Kazakhstan tosses pro-Russian govt. again

So many dominoes...Could all fall so very fast.

You forgot one.

MAKE KALININGRAD KOENIGSBERG AGAIN!!!

This would dovetail nicely with Khodorkovsky's "7D's" proposal for Russia after Putin.

It is 1100km from Kaliningrad to Moscow, and the idea has always been for the territory serve as a knife pointed at the heart of Europe, nothing more.

But if things keep going as badly as they have been, Russia of 2025 might find itself with 600km less reach into Europe, isolated with no friendly neighbors, and treaty limited to TBMs of less than 500km (no further than Moscow to the Belarus border).

That would be a spicy geopolitical meatball.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:12:16 AM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

I'll take a SWAG and say the DJI controllers are relaying GPS data in real time via Internet back to China, who is relaying in real time to Moscow.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:13:16 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Ok @thot_vaccine, what are these specific methods you speak of? Details please. Asking for a friend
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:14:47 AM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

It may be that they are looking for a specific type of radio emissions on a set of radio frequencies

Since it only looks to be impacting people flying DJI drones. It's more likely that they are using a feature in the DJI software that phones home to DJI with the GPS position of the pilot at the time of launch. This my be with the full knowledge and consent of DJI. It may also be that they have hacked DJI's servers. Nobody is certain of anything because the Russians ain't saying and DJI is full of fuck.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:14:50 AM EDT
[#21]

I'll take a SWAG and say the DJI controllers are relaying GPS data in real time via Internet back to China, who is relaying in real time to Moscow.
View All Quotes

Or, general RF triangulation...
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:17:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Any more news out of Belarus or was the stuff last night about a potential coup and explosions just rumors/BS?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:17:47 AM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

So what don't we understand this time?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:18:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Looks like this pilot ejected into the ground.  I don't know if he is Russian or not.  Su-25

https://t.me/milinfolive/78958
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:18:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: THOT_Vaccine] [#25]
Originally Posted By Bizzarolibe:

Ok @thot_vaccine, what are these specific methods you speak of? Details please. Asking for a friend
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bizzarolibe:

The obvious methods is to spoof radio emissions and IP communications with something like an ESP32, Linux, and some packet/RF captures of an active DJI drone.

You have whatever the Russians are using to track them target a decoy.

There's honestly some stuff I don't feel comfortable talking about too.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:20:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
This is sarcasm, playing of the reason Putin invaded
View Quote

That makes the most sense.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:21:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 715700] [#27]

This could be making an example of the alleged 5th column Putin was going on about yesterday or may be Putin lashing out at someone and he just happened to be who got picked.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:23:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
This is sarcasm, playing of the reason Putin invaded

Never heard of Hanlon’s razor?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:23:49 AM EDT
[#29]
The Curious Case Of Russia's 'Back From The Dead' Warship That Ukraine Supposedly Struck

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/44797/the-case-of-russias-apparently-back-from-the-dead-black-sea-warship

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:24:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Gunner226:

I don't even know that you can say the whole battalion is nazi-leaning. Someone posted here waaaaay back that there were a few nazis, back in 2014 when they were a militia group, but that once they got absorbed into the actual military (which happened years ago) the nazi end of it was pretty much done. I've noticed it's the same 2 or 3 photos of "nazis" they're using as "proof" that azov is literally Hitler. You'd think with a 600 man battalion full of nazis that's been around for years they'd be able to come up with more than 3 photos.

My guess is that there are about as many nazis in the Azov battalion as there are KKK members at a Trump rally.  

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gunner226:
Originally Posted By kncook:
Originally Posted By snackle:
Originally Posted By juan223:

Well...does that unit utilize some 'problematic' symbols and imagery or doesn't it?

Are these real nazis, like,  not the kind that antifa pretends to be fighting? I mean,  we gave Javelins to nazis? Are the nazis the good guys in this conflict?

There are some Nazis. In a small group on one battalion of 600 men in a 44 million person country. We aren't "arming Nazis". We are arming Ukraine that has a Nazi belief leaning battalion.

What crime had they committed? I tried to find all these "Nazi crimes" but apparently they haven't actually done?

I read up to see. Some of them had looted some places in LNR/DNR during combat, they reportedly "tortured" some supposed Russian spies, and 4-5 of them assaulted a man.

That's since 2014.

So if that's Nazi behavior I guess all of Russians military is Nazi.

It seems wearing the runes are the crime.

I don't even know that you can say the whole battalion is nazi-leaning. Someone posted here waaaaay back that there were a few nazis, back in 2014 when they were a militia group, but that once they got absorbed into the actual military (which happened years ago) the nazi end of it was pretty much done. I've noticed it's the same 2 or 3 photos of "nazis" they're using as "proof" that azov is literally Hitler. You'd think with a 600 man battalion full of nazis that's been around for years they'd be able to come up with more than 3 photos.

My guess is that there are about as many nazis in the Azov battalion as there are KKK members at a Trump rally.  

You mean the FBI has infiltrated Azov as well?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:25:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Looks like this pilot ejected into the ground.  I don't know if he is Russian or not.  Su-25

View Quote

I'm pretty sure the one flying overhead in the beginning is a Ukrainian Su-25 (blue aircraft number).  Not sure where that AC ended up in the rest of the clip. Maybe it was the one off to the left that was returning fire.

Either way, its amazing to see footage like this in modern age. Fuggin low level aerial battles and CAS under fire in 2022.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:25:51 AM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

Chinese tracking code baked into the firmware.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:26:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Was that an explosion during the video?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Was that an explosion during the video?
Yes, and homeboy didn't flinch or even blink.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:27:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:29:22 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Yeah, shoulda pulled the handle a second or two earlier.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:31:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PeepEater] [#36]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

This could be making an example of the alleged 5th column Putin was going on about yesterday or may be Putin lashing out at someone and he just happened to be who got picked.
View Quote

Soviet paranoia is still in full swing. Add in to that the fact that in a one party system the only way up is by your superior dying or being dragged away for an offense against the state. The Soviet simps and FDR-like cucks will explain it away as Russians being clever but in reality the knife in the back was always the Soviet election tool of choice. A big problem for them is it trickled down into their military and caused them to be paranoid of a strong NCO corps and officers are picked for loyalty over competence.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:32:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By atavistic:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By atavistic:

That’s a rather impossible question to answer don’t you think?

The point was that we did not as a nation willingly ignore the intentional starvation of millions of Ukrainians.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:34:20 AM EDT
[#38]

Wonder what that's all about
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Goodn:
There are mil aircraft scattering all over the place.  

RA registered Bomardier CL60 left Moscow and is over Iran at 38000 right now being shadowed by another mil airliner (large unnamed) at 41,000 ft.

3 of the 6 RA registered aircraft that I called above  are seemingly turning in that direction now.

There are what looks to be fighters up now with the RA registered planes in Russia near Tyumen.

Wonder what that's all about

Russia is deep in the middle of Iran nuclear talks right now. Could be military escorted diplomats flying in.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:36:09 AM EDT
[#39]

That’s a rather impossible question to answer don’t you think?

The point was that we did not as a nation willingly ignore the intentional starvation of millions of Ukrainians.
View Quote

That's patently false. FDR actively ignored it while he was campaigning to recognize the USSR in the 30s and make sweet brotherly love to his communist fellow travelers.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:36:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By solid:

Weak troll
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By solid:
Originally Posted By macros73:
Russia: "We may have to teach America a lesson and put it in its place."

40% of GD: "Putin stronk genius, please tell us what position to assume great leader!"

Weak troll

He’s not wrong.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:38:35 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Pretty simple from a dictator PR point of view. Say there are spies and traitors, then grab the guy who performing the worst and accuse him. Stalin would be proud.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:39:59 AM EDT
[#42]
You cannot radiate anything that isn't DFable in some fashion. Best you can do is maybe encrypt the content, or only radiate in short bursts or something, but it's physically impossible to radiate energy secretly.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:41:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Obo2] [#43]

View Quote

Yall took a video clip and speculated a bunch.

We saw a shell/explosion hit where someone was using a drone. While it's possible they are getting the data from china it's equally or more possible a russian watched where it landed and sent some boom that way.

Bunch of folks in this thread take one little piece of data or rumor and run wild with it.

Not that this drone one is such a big deal but as one example of many it is rather tiring.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:42:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Haub:

I'm pretty sure the one flying overhead in the beginning is a Ukrainian Su-25 (blue aircraft number).  Not sure where that AC ended up in the rest of the clip. Maybe it was the one off to the left that was returning fire.

Either way, its amazing to see footage like this in modern age. Fuggin low level aerial battles and CAS under fire in 2022.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Haub:

FWIW, that is a Russian-centric channel and the video tag says they are "APU" planes, which is how they refer to Ukrainian forces.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:44:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By RickJames1999:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RickJames1999:

Ukranian
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:45:04 AM EDT
[#46]

That's patently false. FDR actively ignored it while he was campaigning to recognize the USSR in the 30s and make sweet brotherly love to his communist fellow travelers.
View Quote

FDR wanted to turn the US away from Britain and France and towards the USSR. He thought the 2 countries were very similar,much like a bunch on here have come to conclude,and that Soviet anti-imperialism and American isolationism were beneficial to each other. It’s hardly just happenstance that Stalin invited the US VP to visit gulags or that FDR himself made certain that the truth behind Katyn remained buried.

Attachment Attached File

The only difference between then and now is that’s it’s Republicans who are Russian apologists🤷🏼‍♂️
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:45:25 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Wow…

Multiple jets crashing in a 30 second video.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:46:20 AM EDT
[#48]

FDR wanted to turn the US away from Britain and France and towards the USSR. He thought the 2 countries were very similar,much like a bunch on here have come to conclude,and that Soviet anti-imperialism and American isolationism were beneficial to each other. It’s hardly just happenstance that Stalin invited the US VP to visit gulags or that FDR himself made certain that the truth behind Katyn remained buried.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/7ECFA4EF-F465-4840-8005-9F05F46BF39E_jpe-2316399.JPG

The only difference between then and now is that’s it’s Republicans who are Russian apologists🤷🏼‍♂️
View Quote

Republicans can't admit that the US/USSR alliance were the bad guys in WW2.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:47:16 AM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

Did the SU25 flying low crash or was that a bomb? The one that crashed later was a SU24 it looked like.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1138 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top