Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1151 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:22:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:23:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By elcope:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOEbg69WUA0212J?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By lisagrantbb:

The way it works if your paranoid is, you kick out the people around you because they have become familiar with others in that small circle and they know who to make alliances with to put together a coup. You bring in another bunch of people that don’t know each other and make them tattletale on each other and now these strangers don’t know who to trust.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lisagrantbb:
Originally Posted By nickmemphis:

I concur. It's like "Putin fires 1000 of his staff!" Come on, no one fires a thousand people. I mean, individually. And this seems like an ideal time to fire a thousand intimate staff, and replace the whole lot with a bunch of noobs, don't you think?

The way it works if your paranoid is, you kick out the people around you because they have become familiar with others in that small circle and they know who to make alliances with to put together a coup. You bring in another bunch of people that don’t know each other and make them tattletale on each other and now these strangers don’t know who to trust.

Sounds plausible, since there's no likelihood with anyone sneaking any moles in during a thousand person on the fly hire op during a war that's going to shit and N number other pressing issues or anything. "Boy, sure is a busy time. BTW, fire everyone that works here, the whole thousand of them, down to the janitor that keeps the toilets clean in the guard shack. Don't leave any staff to even explain what the job requirements are, even, because I'm afraid they might be out to get me, or something."
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:26:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CharlieR] [#4]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

I think people are underestimating how many russian bodies putin is willing to throw at ukraine in order to avoid embarrassment.
View Quote

Ukraine bans all male citizens ages 18 to 60 from leaving the country

I think you are incorrect.  A nation of 40 million wont let any military age males leave the country...so I think they know.

There are approx 9 million military age males who were not allowed to leave.  SO it's total war.  

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:28:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zhukov] [#5]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:31:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:
View Quote

Well now I kind of want Taiwan and China to come to blows.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#7]

NATO is only powerless because of the lack of testicular fortitude to exercise the power they have, and that is 100% the fault of the population's choice of representative leaders. I.E. us.
View Quote

I originally was on the no fly zone, let NATO kick Russia’s ass bandwagon, but the more analysis I read and videos I watch, I think it would be an incredibly risky move.

Putin sees a war with NATO existential threat to Russia. What do states with nuclear weapons do when faced an existential threat? They use them.

As much as I would like to see US and NATO forces blast the hell out of Russian forces in Ukraine, I think the risk of global nuclear war is too great.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:32:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By sq40:

That’s a good point.

Question,  how would insurance handle an asset like that if it’s seized, sold, or destroyed due to political reasons?    Who would be on the hook for the cost of the loss of the vessel?
View Quote

Unless you pay for a rider, assuming it's even possible, insurance policies almost always exclude three things, war, acts of God loosely defined, and civil unrest/riots. Remember when it was, "They have insurance" during the riots? Yeah 99% didn't of those businesses didn't have a riot rider, so the didn't have insurance, actually, because it doesn't cover riots.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:32:24 PM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/want-42.jpg

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:32:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By NunyaBidness:
You sound concerned. One 'tard lower house member from Florida isn't moving the needle. Crushing inflation, gas prices and the educational industrial complex overplaying their hand is moving the needle.
View Quote

Sorry if that came off as concern trollish. You are probably right I just wish people wouldn't be retards while we are winning is all.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:33:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By mnd6563:
More evidence of a Bio Lab cover up discovered by Russian Military Intelligence:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/191966/BFC78CA4-D3F0-4B47-B208-12F1286EEDBF_png-2316891.JPG
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:34:25 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote
@bryan_aim found your next supplier!
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:34:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

They are using "Hind" on their patches? Wow.

View Quote

Yeah WTF is that, using the adversary code name for your gear, what do the Russkies actually call a Hind?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:35:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By SpaceGuy:

I think NATO is doing way more than we think.

Ukraine was supposed to get their doors kicked and have the regime deposed in 3 days. The opposite has happened: 15,000 Russians are dead, and they are in a quickly-turning quagmire, and its only getting worse each and every day. Russia has taken only Kherson as a major city. Kiev, Kherson, Cherniv, Sumy, Mariupol, Odessa, and many other cities are still standing, and Ukraine has been able to mount counter-attacks and even yesterday, beat the Russians back 20-25km towards Kherson.

This war is going Ukraines way in almost every sense.

But how?

Uhhhh... We know what NATO has given them. Almost every soldier and TDF has some sort of ATGM to unleash monumental pain on the Russians. The total air supremacy of Russia hasn't developed. We get daily shoot-down pictures of Russia's best aerial tech: Kh-52s, Kh-50s, Su-34s, everything is being blown to bits in the air. Ukraine is punching massively above their weight. And so much of it is NATO hand-me-downs.

Its almost like... NATO prepared them to do this.

You know, like they did for years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Unifier
https://medium.com/voices-of-the-armed-forces/operation-orbital-explained-training-ukrainian-armed-forces-59405d32d604
https://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-secret-cia-training-program-in-ukraine-helped-kyiv-prepare-for-russian-invasion-090052743.html

NATO is doing just enough to afford plausible deniability while giving Ukrainians, and there's tons of them, the ability to win. If you were NATO what would you rather do: Initiate a broad conflict with another nuclear power, or use a corrupt, neutral country to butcher the Russians and show the world how Russia is a paper tiger? If you were intelligent, you'd throw the Ukrainians at them, not the Poles and others. If it escalates and gets really bad then you send your guys in. We're literally using the Russian playbook of fodder before we go in, and its going swimmingly because we equiped them with decent weapons. On top of it, we've gathered insane levels of Russian intelligence/EW/capabilities without exposing an iota of what NATO can really provide. No F-35s. No F-22s. Very little exposed outside of modern counterfire radars and 15-year-old ATGMs that are destroying orc hordes.

Again, what else could be better? Killing Russians while sitting back and letting almost-Russians do it.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SpaceGuy:
Originally Posted By snackle:

I think you guys are mistaken.

NATO sent a bunch of weapons, did a bunch of training, and shared a bunch of intel. This has been giving the Russian military hell. I don't think that's powerless, and I don't think that's gutless. I think it's a measured response to a complex situation.

I think NATO is doing way more than we think.

Ukraine was supposed to get their doors kicked and have the regime deposed in 3 days. The opposite has happened: 15,000 Russians are dead, and they are in a quickly-turning quagmire, and its only getting worse each and every day. Russia has taken only Kherson as a major city. Kiev, Kherson, Cherniv, Sumy, Mariupol, Odessa, and many other cities are still standing, and Ukraine has been able to mount counter-attacks and even yesterday, beat the Russians back 20-25km towards Kherson.

This war is going Ukraines way in almost every sense.

But how?

Uhhhh... We know what NATO has given them. Almost every soldier and TDF has some sort of ATGM to unleash monumental pain on the Russians. The total air supremacy of Russia hasn't developed. We get daily shoot-down pictures of Russia's best aerial tech: Kh-52s, Kh-50s, Su-34s, everything is being blown to bits in the air. Ukraine is punching massively above their weight. And so much of it is NATO hand-me-downs.

Its almost like... NATO prepared them to do this.

You know, like they did for years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Unifier
https://medium.com/voices-of-the-armed-forces/operation-orbital-explained-training-ukrainian-armed-forces-59405d32d604
https://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-secret-cia-training-program-in-ukraine-helped-kyiv-prepare-for-russian-invasion-090052743.html

NATO is doing just enough to afford plausible deniability while giving Ukrainians, and there's tons of them, the ability to win. If you were NATO what would you rather do: Initiate a broad conflict with another nuclear power, or use a corrupt, neutral country to butcher the Russians and show the world how Russia is a paper tiger? If you were intelligent, you'd throw the Ukrainians at them, not the Poles and others. If it escalates and gets really bad then you send your guys in. We're literally using the Russian playbook of fodder before we go in, and its going swimmingly because we equiped them with decent weapons. On top of it, we've gathered insane levels of Russian intelligence/EW/capabilities without exposing an iota of what NATO can really provide. No F-35s. No F-22s. Very little exposed outside of modern counterfire radars and 15-year-old ATGMs that are destroying orc hordes.

Again, what else could be better? Killing Russians while sitting back and letting almost-Russians do it.

I agree with you that NATO has done a lot, and what they've done is having major impact.

Don't be fooled that this war is going Ukraine's way, though.  Russia is still taking ground, albeit slowly and painfully.  There is still a good chance that Ukraine falls to the Russians in the short-to-mid term.  

I only bring this up as I think certain elements (media, Ukraine, etc.) are giving people a false sense of the reality of how this is playing out.

Ukraine is definitely punching above their weight on this one.  They're some serious fighters and this is costing Russia dearly.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:35:59 PM EDT
[#15]

That’s a good point.

Question,  how would insurance handle an asset like that if it’s seized, sold, or destroyed due to political reasons?    Who would be on the hook for the cost of the loss of the vessel?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BlackFox:
Originally Posted By whollyshite:

With that being said, they've sanctioned Russian oligarch billionaires before for the actions of the Russian government, so they should have known that it was coming, at least for some of them.

I tend to agree with you, BUT - they left their superyachts in Countries with strong EU ties.  If I thought my yacht was going to be seized, there are PLENTY of places I could go and be safe.  Central or South America would be great options to relocate and enjoy the mild spring weather down there.  They didn't.  They left them in Italy, Germany and similar.  It leads me to believe they didn't have the notice or awareness we'd like to think they had.

That’s a good point.

Would the policy be negated by the "acts of war/insurrection" clause?
The sanctions are in place due to the actions of a rogue nation (in this case the invasion of UKR) and their "owners" are part of the state.
I know pretty far fetched but insurance companies do insurance company things.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:36:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zhukov] [#16]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:37:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
Mark Felton vid on Putin's future plans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53xksUqeZaA
View Quote

Nice history lesson. Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#18]
When you are truly paranoid the only thing that matters is self preservation. They toss the 1000 number around but who knows. Look at history, most tyrants follow the same mo. You expect others to treat you like you have been treating them.

I know one thing for sure, this is not the word war z that I was expecting, sitting home counting how many z’s get taken out today and counting my bullets thinking where is Brad Pitt.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:40:46 PM EDT
[#19]
?? LIVE Discussion - Ukraine Invasion Continues Day 22 (FNN Live)
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:41:29 PM EDT
[#20]

I think people are underestimating how many russian bodies putin is willing to throw at ukraine in order to avoid embarrassment.
I think people are underestimating how many civilians putin is willing to murder in order to avoid embarrassment. Including chemical weapons in cities.
Putin is like an insane abusive  ex-boyfriend. "If I can't have you, nobody will."
I think what will stop him is if he thinks events are turning in such a way that he realistically might be taken out by his own people(unlikely), or some kind of instability might cause actual trouble in moscow because all of the troops are gone. Short of that, he is the abusive ex-boyfriend.
View Quote

The catch is that he can want to throw all he wants, but they have to exist to be thrown.

They mostly don't.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:43:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yobro512] [#22]

I agree with you that NATO has done a lot, and what they've done is having major impact.

Don't be fooled that this war is going Ukraine's way, though.  Russia is still taking ground, albeit slowly and painfully.  There is still a good chance that Ukraine falls to the Russians in the short-to-mid term.  

I only bring this up as I think certain elements (media, Ukraine, etc.) are giving people a false sense of the reality of how this is playing out.

Ukraine is definitely punching above their weight on this one.  They're some serious fighters and this is costing Russia dearly.
View Quote

Russia isn’t gaining ground. It just isn’t. Their top forces are completely decimated. Ukraine has never been more dug in and Russia’s economy is going to zero.

I don’t know if id bet on Russia to conventionally win this outright.

It might come down to whether or not they can surround and cut off Kyiv.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:44:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By J_Von_Random:

The catch is that he can want to throw all he wants, but they have to exist to be thrown.

They mostly don't.
View Quote
And that this is not the generation that stood up to the Germans. Secondly, this time they are they aggressors.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:45:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Bunn19:

I originally was on the no fly zone, let NATO kick Russia’s ass bandwagon, but the more analysis I read and videos I watch, I think it would be an incredibly risky move.

Putin sees a war with NATO existential threat to Russia. What do states with nuclear weapons do when faced an existential threat? They use them.

As much as I would like to see US and NATO forces blast the hell out of Russian forces in Ukraine, I think the risk of global nuclear war is too great.
View Quote

You have figured it out.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:45:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:

This.

And unfortunately, it's usually to late before everyone finds out how seriously insane the ex-boyfriend was because a "restraining order" wasn't enough.

Either Putin disappears, or we're going to see how much of a madman he really is.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:

Putin is like an insane abusive  ex-boyfriend. "If I can't have you, nobody will."

This.

And unfortunately, it's usually to late before everyone finds out how seriously insane the ex-boyfriend was because a "restraining order" wasn't enough.

Either Putin disappears, or we're going to see how much of a madman he really is.

Absolutely all that and a bag of chips. It's not going to help not calling his bluff. Like Blazing Saddles, stay back or the Nigg** gets it!

"Stay back, folks, I think he means it!"
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:45:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By ContraHQ:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/want-42.jpg
View Quote

Look up "Operation Eldest Son."

I would not trust that shit.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:45:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By CurseOfKatyn:

Knock off the bullshit or step out of the thread. Your choice.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ottodog8:

I bought my first AR-15 in 1972, a couple of years before I was issued one. You?

Somebody's full of s***, I don't think ARs were available to the public until 89
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Is that a Mosin or SVD?
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:47:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:48:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:49:01 PM EDT
[#31]
I just realized I was wrong, I actually got my first one in about 83
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:49:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By anono:

I think you're talking tongue in cheek, but there are some legit crazy people out there who would skin it. I'd prefer not everybody was on equal grounds.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By anono:

Yeah, and it stayed limited because both sides had a nukular option. There wasn't any, "We'll nuke your ass!" bullshit because the other side could say, "And we will nuke yopu back."

The whole nuclear non-proliferation thing is retarded. Like thinking you're somehow safer because I took 9 rounds out of a 17 rd mag in a 9mm I have pointed at your face from 5 feet away. As far as I'm concerned, I say give every nation nukes and go. Fucking skin that smoke wagon, bitch. Everyone dies if you pull the trigger, so do you feel feel lucky, punk?.

I think you're talking tongue in cheek, but there are some legit crazy people out there who would skin it. I'd prefer not everybody was on equal grounds.

Absolutely a valid point, but I still don't think cowing to a bully is the answer. It just doesn't end well, ever, in all of history.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:49:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:50:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By GlockZen:
View Quote

Hopefully they are all dead
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:51:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Apparently they like some of the names we give them so they use them

Like the Fulcrum
View Quote

People forget that American Culture is to dominate. So even if people are fluent English speakers, they understand quite a few words. In this case they have all watched Rambo 3, Blood Diamonds, etc, so they call it what we call it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:51:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By K5FAL:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By K5FAL:
Originally Posted By ContraHQ:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/want-42.jpg

The thing about eldest son is that there was only so much RDX they could cram into a x39 case. The end product wasn't that much worse than an obstructed bore. It blew the gun in half and the shooter was most likely fine with the top cover catching all the frag.

On the other end of that, they had supply issues bad enough that they ended up shooting it anyway.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:51:17 PM EDT
[#37]

You guys have really swallowed the Kool Aid for Ukraine. If you believe anything coming out of Ukraine I own a nifty bridge in New York you might be interested in buying. We are being played, and to see our Congress standing and clapping like a bunch of trained seals is disgusting.
I don’t give a rat’s ass who rules Ukraine. How about our government starts looking out for its own citizens for once, there’s a novel thought.
They say Putin is crazy. He has his finger on the button. So let’s really tighten the screws on him with more sanctions. What could go wrong?
As far as our politicians are concerned, the real tragedy is that they will lose access to their money laundering operations and corrupt cash cow that Ukraine has been.
Our politicians and oligarchs have been crying since the 20 year war in Afghanistan ended, no more bloated contracts for the insiders. But hey, here’s a new one in Ukraine. Let’s open the shunt into the American taxpayers veins and get those tax dollars flowing again.

WHEN WILL WE LEARN TO NOT FIGHT OTHER PEOPLE’S WARS
View Quote

What "our government" is this?  DC is a giant pile of corrupt, criminal bullshit and a large chunk of GD who are American citizens are delusional if they think they have any sort of real representation at the federal level anymore.  I would hesitate to even call it "ours" other than on paper.

But how the US political establishment is trying to play this to their advantage - and possibly even encouraged it for their own gain - does not, for now, have a whole hell of a lot to do with whether it's a good idea for the West to do nothing while Russia goes full retard.  The entire world does not revolve around us and our convenience, but what is going on over there does impact us in a thousand ways.

What the West is doing appears so far to be effective and appeasement has never worked.

Also - really starting to get fed up with randos popping into the thread to shit on people by inferring they're just lapping up media coverage and propaganda.   Not everyone is a meat robot.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:52:02 PM EDT
[#38]
And now comes a few pages of when the AR was first available for civilian purchase.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:52:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By bufschnelling:

I'm surprised they haven't been booby trapping these trucks or having spiked loads in the ammo.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bufschnelling:

I'm surprised they haven't been booby trapping these trucks or having spiked loads in the ammo.

Maybe with some rockets or arty but hard to do with sealed spam cans of 5.45 and x54r from the 70s and 80s.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:52:35 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

The no votes:

Boebert
Massie
Gaetz
Biggs
Greene
Bishop
Roy
Grothman
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#41]

I tend to agree with you, BUT - they left their superyachts in Countries with strong EU ties.  If I thought my yacht was going to be seized, there are PLENTY of places I could go and be safe.  Central or South America would be great options to relocate and enjoy the mild spring weather down there.  They didn't.  They left them in Italy, Germany and similar.  It leads me to believe they didn't have the notice or awareness we'd like to think they had.
View All Quotes

With that being said, they've sanctioned Russian oligarch billionaires before for the actions of the Russian government, so they should have known that it was coming, at least for some of them.

5:50 - "The sanctions have surprised EVERYONE."

Energy, Food, and War in Eastern Europe

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Johnny_Utah_88:
Somebody's full of s***, I don't think ARs were available to the public until 89
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Johnny_Utah_88:

I bought my first AR-15 in 1972, a couple of years before I was issued one. You?

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
Wheat exports from Ukraine and Russia, which make up a vital part of the world's food supply are still being blocked by Russia from leaving the Black Sea, Germany's largest agricultural trader BayWa said this week.

"Zero [grain] is currently being exported from the ports of Ukraine  nothing is leaving the country at all," Jrg-Simon Immerz, head of the grain trading at BayWa, told dpa news agency.

He added that the export activity on the Russian side is "very limited."

Immerz's assessment was backed up by the Panamanian Maritime Authority, who said on Wednesday that the Russian Navy was preventing 200-300 ships from leaving the Black Sea  most of them were carrying grain. Other reports suggest around 100 vessels are blocked.

Noriel Arauz, the administrator for the authority, said three Panamanian-flagged ships have come under Russian fire since the invasion of Ukraine started. One of the ships sank and two others were damaged, while no one was injured.

British newspaper The Guardian reported that several other ships have been struck since the invasion began on February 24, including from Bangladesh and Estonia, which killed one person.

Russia blames the stoppage on the high risk of mines, which it said had been laid by the Ukrainian Navy.
Ukraine war: Russia blocks ships carrying grain exports

Putin may be hoping that no grain for ME could trigger another Arab spring, distracting the west from Eastern Europe...
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:52:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:53:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: YaNi05] [#45]
Originally Posted By Yobro512:

Russia isn't gaining ground. It just isn't. Their top forces are completely decimated. Ukraine has never been more dug in and Russia's economy is going to zero.

I don't know if id bet on Russia to conventionally win this outright.

View Quote

They aren't advancing quick enough to encircle Kyiv. And then they have to actually take it. Encircling doesn't win them anything. Look at Mariupol. That was supposed to be taken on day 1 and here we are.
I'm betting they only have another ~week before they're combat ineffective due to losses of men and equipment. And the further they extend their unprotected supply lines, the more likely they get lit up and starved out. Every report of the RA invading a village and there is widespread looting of food. They're hungry because their logistics blow ass.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:53:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PurpleOtter] [#46]
(Reuters) - S&P on Thursday lowered Russia's rating to 'CC' from 'CCC-', as the country reported difficulties meeting debt payments due on its dollar-denominated 2023 and 2043 Eurobonds.

Russia's payment woes stem from international sanctions over Moscow's invasion of Ukraine, the ratings agency said. The sanctions have reduced the country's available foreign exchange reserves and restricted its access to the global financial system.

"Although public statements by the Russian Ministry of Finance suggest to us that the government currently still attempts to transfer the payment to the bondholders, we think that debt service payments on Russia's Eurobonds due in the next few weeks may face similar technical difficulties," the agency said.
Peer agencies Fitch and Moody's had also cited concerns about Russia's ability to meet its debt obligations when cutting the country's rating by several notches earlier in March.

Fitch said on Tuesday Russia's ratings would be further lowered to "restricted default" if the coupon payments are not made in U.S. dollars, in line with the original terms, by the end of a 30-day grace period.

Russian bonds are hovering at deeply distressed levels in very illiquid trading, with most issues trading less than a handful of times a day, according to Refinitiv data.

Adding to Moscow's debt troubles, an exemption that currently allows U.S. citizens or residents to receive Russian debt and equity payments will run out on May 25.
View Quote
So... Charmin, and we went from three ply to two ply

S&P cuts Russia's ratings to 'CC' on debt default risk
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:55:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Yobro512:

Russia isn’t gaining ground. It just isn’t. Their top forces are completely decimated. Ukraine has never been more dug in and Russia’s economy is going to zero.

I don’t know if id bet on Russia to conventionally win this outright.

View Quote

Agreed, plus I'm willing to bet that Kyiv is the most heavily defended fortress on earth right now.  So far, Russia has not been able to take any major city even when they were technically surrounding them.  I doubt that Kyiv ever falls with their prep and their underground tunnels and bunkers.  Russia does not seem to have the discipline and tactics to conduct an effective offensive.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:55:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Aftermath of Ukrainian assault on Kherson airbase

Kherson Airport: Videos emerge showing aftermath of Ukrainian attack
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:56:18 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Who were the 8 idiots?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:57:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Landsat8:

Is that a Mosin or SVD?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/416227/7E5B64D7-4FA9-406B-836E-D16EEA1757F3_jpe-2316974.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/416227/299F86E3-75E0-473C-A9B6-D2AA23667293_jpe-2316975.JPG

SVD with wood stock
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1151 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top