Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1947 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:28:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:39:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Tajik  tank commander that says he had never live fired his cannon before the invasion.

???????? ??????? ??????????| ? ?????????, ??? ????? ??? ???, ?????? ?? ?????? | #????????
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:42:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
Agreed, take away the mafia mentality brainwashing the Russians go though and Russia would be a great country with very intelligent people

The genetic differences between Russians, Ukrainians and Europeans are at most miniscule
View Quote
Better take away the Vodka as well.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:46:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DOW:

I don't see any snorkels, although that doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't tried.

Those T72 variants probably haven't been watertight for decades, if they ever were.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DOW:
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Is this photo real?  Claims to be a Russian failed river tank fording.

"Suicide mission! Failed forced crossing of the Siverskyi Donets River by RUS tanks. The tankers did not do this on purpose but were ordered by desperate commanders to cross without a bridge."
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/172926/FStjxWCXoAQtv3B_jpeg-2383388.JPG

I don't see any snorkels, although that doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't tried.

Those T72 variants probably haven't been watertight for decades, if they ever were.
I was curious about how waterproof the T72 was.  I would not trust one, and they did not have snorkels, maybe using rebreathers to cross? Probably the equipment failed, just like the fake ERA panels

The T-72 is designed to cross rivers up to 5 m (16.4 ft) deep submerged using a small diameter snorkel assembled on-site. The crew is individually supplied with simple rebreather chest-pack apparatuses for emergency situations. If the engine stops underwater, it must be restarted within six seconds, or the T-72's engine compartment becomes flooded due to pressure loss. The snorkeling procedure is considered dangerous, but is important for maintaining operational mobility.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:48:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:51:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By rgkeller:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rgkeller:
Agreed, take away the mafia mentality brainwashing the Russians go though and Russia would be a great country with very intelligent people

The genetic differences between Russians, Ukrainians and Europeans are at most miniscule

My genetic heritage says I have nothing with slavs and Orcs.
My grandmother on pure Hunnic side hailing from the Tatra..has gene heritage from one of the founding Hungarian tribes..
Lél

Fuck the Orcs...

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:53:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MouseBoy] [#7]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jack67:
Originally Posted By OKnativeson:

I was about to post this.
when people come to understand that while there are brilliantly minded Russians out there, for the most part they are genetically not like Western Europeans. they are not normal.

OK, hold TF on here a minute.  What you are advocating is actually race hatred - that some indiscernable genetic make up makes one group defective and incompatible with humanity.  

Why don't we just round up the Russians, heck maybe the Japanese and Africans in our country and put them in camps?

I"m sitting this very minute in a CMP/Army Marksmanship Unit training class and shooting a service rifle match tomorrow with my 18 year old "genetically" Russian step-son next to me.  He's as "western" as any one around.  "Genes" aren't destiny.  Culture, community matter.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/556465/A8DD0537-87FB-45D4-BD5E-5BC41D2F0083_jpe-2383411.JPG

The genetic differences between humans and chimps is about 2%.  

There is a relatively large difference in genetic and historical/cultural difference between slavs and western Europeans.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:56:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Wreckshooter:
Reddit. Chechens pinned down in firefight, have two casualties. Should I be surprised the Chechens have plasma bags?

Reddit
View Quote
That looks fake again given the guy was awake and they were carrying him, more tic toc videos
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:01:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Spade:

The inspiration here should be Israel crossing the Suez in 73. You can take territory just to make trouble, upset your enemy, and strengthen your post war negotiation position
View Quote

Absolutely correct.  Holding Russian territory could be a bargaining chip for Ukraine and I think they are considering it as a policy.  They will have to consider how to best do that, as there are several potential downsides.  1)Putin might see an effort to take Russian land as a pretext to use nukes.  Not saying that’s a reason to not do it, however minimizing your offensive’s vulnerability to nukes is probably wise.  2)Doing to Belgorod what the Russians did to Mariupol is both beyond Ukraine’s artillery resources and problematic from a PR standpoint.  3)An occupation of Belgorod where Ukraine has to to Russian-like things to pacify the city is likewise problematic.  Getting into Belgorod would prevent the Russians from nuking them, however.  4)Occupying Belgorod is also problematic from the standpoint of Russian public opinion.  The Russian public/elites may eventually get tired of bloodshed for nothing in Ukraine, but may have more tolerance for it to “defend the motherland.”
Ukraine would have to decide what was in its best interests and most likely to result in an acceptable conclusion to the war.

They still don’t need to garrison their own territory in the wake of an offensive.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:07:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
Tajik  tank commander that says he had never live fired his cannon before the invasion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lao1fc81iAI
View Quote
Some of these interviews seem strange to me. Starts out believable, then gets to a point where it appears the interviewee starts reading from a script. This one even looks like the tank Commander is looking off to the side of the camera at a script. Dunno if thats the case or not, just my observations.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:18:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Absolutely correct.  Holding Russian territory could be a bargaining chip for Ukraine and I think they are considering it as a policy.  They will have to consider how to best do that, as there are several potential downsides.  1)Putin might see an effort to take Russian land as a pretext to use nukes.  Not saying that's a reason to not do it, however minimizing your offensive's vulnerability to nukes is probably wise.  2)Doing to Belgorod what the Russians did to Mariupol is both beyond Ukraine's artillery resources and problematic from a PR standpoint.  3)An occupation of Belgorod where Ukraine has to to Russian-like things to pacify the city is likewise problematic.  Getting into Belgorod would prevent the Russians from nuking them, however.  4)Occupying Belgorod is also problematic from the standpoint of Russian public opinion.  The Russian public/elites may eventually get tired of bloodshed for nothing in Ukraine, but may have more tolerance for it to "defend the motherland."
Ukraine would have to decide what was in its best interests and most likely to result in an acceptable conclusion to the war.

They still don't need to garrison their own territory in the wake of an offensive.
View Quote

That's too simplistic. You're under martial law and bordering on an enemy country. The don't necessarily need UA troops, but some kind of police/border guard/TDF presence within the reoccupied areas to maintain rule of law.
You're also going to need a blocking force near key areas along the border, otherwise there's nothing preventing Russia from just withdrawling, regrouping within Russia, and wheeling around to attack another front(basically what they did when they pulled out of the Kyiv offensive).
And lastly you seem to forget that Russia is moving Russian citizens into the occupied areas. So you need to do something with them; at the very least keep them from becoming saboteurs, and likely deport their asses back to Russia.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:41:00 PM EDT
[#12]
They're back!

Channel was locked by twitter a few weeks ago.

@elcope
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:54:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fadedsun] [#13]
Originally Posted By YaNi05:
Yeah that's my feeling too.

Russia isn't going to win, but I also don't see how Ukraine can take back all of the territory lost. Russians have admitted they're attacking with roughly 1:1 ratio, which certainly isn't enough. I understand that Ukraine has localized numerical superiority in Kharkiv region, which is how they've been successful in pushing to the Russian border, but they will need troops to hold the ground that they take. So for every inch of ground captured, some amount of forces will need to remain there. And they will need to keep sizeable blocking forces in some of the key areas(like Belgorod and Odesa) just to make sure Russia doesn't go full retard and try their luck.

I see this going well into 2023, unless somehow Ukraine and Russia come to some kind of stalemate/ceasefire ala 38th parallel, which Zelinsky has stated as completely unacceptable.
View All Quotes

Russia isn't going to win, but I also don't see how Ukraine can take back all of the territory lost. Russians have admitted they're attacking with roughly 1:1 ratio, which certainly isn't enough. I understand that Ukraine has localized numerical superiority in Kharkiv region, which is how they've been successful in pushing to the Russian border, but they will need troops to hold the ground that they take. So for every inch of ground captured, some amount of forces will need to remain there. And they will need to keep sizeable blocking forces in some of the key areas(like Belgorod and Odesa) just to make sure Russia doesn't go full retard and try their luck.

I see this going well into 2023, unless somehow Ukraine and Russia come to some kind of stalemate/ceasefire ala 38th parallel, which Zelinsky has stated as completely unacceptable.

That's why I keep saying a nato backed russian styled "peace keeping" force is vital to freeing up troops to go on the offensive.

Stage a few incidents where Nato soldiers "Push back" ukrainians to keep the farce up

Originally Posted By mbinky:
Some more cannon cockers.

So a question.  How is the powder ignited?  They load the shell, then the charge, what sets it off?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J5VZ91M4dc

Are those boxes up top the digital systems? I thought these were analog? @ron @r0n
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:56:10 PM EDT
[#14]

That's too simplistic. You're under martial law and bordering on an enemy country. The don't necessarily need UA troops, but some kind of police/border guard/TDF presence within the reoccupied areas to maintain rule of law.
You're also going to need a blocking force near key areas along the border, otherwise there's nothing preventing Russia from just withdrawling, regrouping within Russia, and wheeling around to attack another front(basically what they did when they pulled out of the Kyiv offensive).
And lastly you seem to forget that Russia is moving Russian citizens into the occupied areas. So you need to do something with them; at the very least keep them from becoming saboteurs, and likely deport their asses back to Russia.
View All Quotes

Absolutely correct.  Holding Russian territory could be a bargaining chip for Ukraine and I think they are considering it as a policy.  They will have to consider how to best do that, as there are several potential downsides.  1)Putin might see an effort to take Russian land as a pretext to use nukes.  Not saying that's a reason to not do it, however minimizing your offensive's vulnerability to nukes is probably wise.  2)Doing to Belgorod what the Russians did to Mariupol is both beyond Ukraine's artillery resources and problematic from a PR standpoint.  3)An occupation of Belgorod where Ukraine has to to Russian-like things to pacify the city is likewise problematic.  Getting into Belgorod would prevent the Russians from nuking them, however.  4)Occupying Belgorod is also problematic from the standpoint of Russian public opinion.  The Russian public/elites may eventually get tired of bloodshed for nothing in Ukraine, but may have more tolerance for it to "defend the motherland."

They still don't need to garrison their own territory in the wake of an offensive.

There's probably not a thousand people in Russia that matter from a foreign policy standpoint. Every one of them needs to be under indictment by FBI/InterPol/Home Office/UN. It needs to be made clear they and their families have to reside in the shithole they are creating for their own people... or go to prison.

I don't think we've done enough on the asset forfeiture front either. They are doing it for wealth. They should not be allowed to keep that wealth.

Orcs literally don't fucking care about dead orcs. In some instances (Like the Chechens), they would probably prefer if they didn't come home.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:00:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 74HC] [#15]
War tourist, Johnny FD, pretends to be a war refugee for Youtube income.  He distastefully consumes free services and food for real refugees in Poland, only a few days after buying a Porsche in Kyiv.  

Link is just his title on Youtube, and I don't recommend giving him a view, and thus more income.  He's crossed a line on that video.  Of course, he's a liberal shithead raised in San Francisco.

REFUGEE OF WAR?  FLEEING UKRAINE AGAIN.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:06:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

That's why I keep saying a nato backed russian styled "peace keeping" force is vital to freeing up troops to go on the offensive.

Stage a few incidents where Nato soldiers "Push back" ukrainians to keep the farce up

Are those boxes up top the digital systems? I thought these were analog? @ron @r0n
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

Some more cannon cockers.

So a question.  How is the powder ignited?  They load the shell, then the charge, what sets it off?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J5VZ91M4dc

Those things with the series of spring in multiple places and the covered box next to the Gunner’s Pantel are the mounts for the Digital Fire Control System but the various actual line replace unit subcomponents are not there.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:17:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By 74HC:
War tourist, Johnny FD, pretends to be a war refugee for Youtube income.  He distastefully consumes free services and food for real refugees in Poland, only a few days after buying a Porsche in Kyiv.  

Link is just his title on Youtube, and I don't recommend giving him a view, and thus more income.  He's crossed a line on that video.  Of course, he's a liberal shithead raised in San Francisco.

View Quote

LOL!

You know he lives in Ukraine right?  

Have you noticed he has been helping distribute aid and fundraise also?  A lot of his fundraising is by getting the word out with his Youtube channel.  

I mean technically his having to leave his home in Ukraine for safety reasons does make him a refugee.  

I thought at the time he bought the Porsche "boy that was dumb",  I wont argue that.  But... in the end, As long as its his money that he spent.  Who gives a shit?

I think he means well,  I am not sure he is trying to be disingenuous.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:42:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

You guys are making the silly assumption that the Russian language is for simple minded people just because it doesn't use articles like we do.
Russian is not simple, it has just as many, if not more grammar rules than English.
View Quote

True. I just finished my first Russian class.  For example, Russian has 6 cases.  These cases determine sentence structure and conjugations…very hard to learn.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:48:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fike] [#19]
Originally Posted By Goodn:

LOL!

Have you noticed he has been helping distribute aid and fundraise also?  A lot of his fundraising is by getting the word out with his Youtube channel.  

I mean technically his having to leave his home in Ukraine for safety reasons does make him a refugee.  

I thought at the time he bought the Porsche "boy that was dumb",  I wont argue that.  But... in the end, As long as its his money that he spent.  Who gives a shit?

View All Quotes

LOL!

I started to get the same vibes off Johnny’s vids recently as well. The last one specifically.

It does feel a shady and unseemly.

ETA: His aid distribution is going to a local grocery store and buying a cart worth of groceries.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:50:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:02:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Ukraine wins 2022 Eurovision

Ukraine wins Eurovision 2022 | SBS News

Kalush Orchestra - Stefania - Ukraine ???? - Official Music Video - Eurovision 2022

Means they get to host 2023 Eurovision
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:05:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq9D0O0qOag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiEGVYOruLk

View Quote

The peoples vote was huge. So much support for Ukraine from around Europe and the world.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:08:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Prime:
View Quote

So russians will be the defenders and Ukraine will have to take ground. They will need non-defensive weapons and training. Hopefully they have been preparing for this eventuality for years. Burn the orcs to the ground. All of them.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:08:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:
Nice. But beer comes after Ukraine wins.
View Quote

A-B brewing is supposed to start brewing Chernigivske brew here in the US this month.  Supposed to be one of the more popular beers in Ukraine.
But it may not be available in all cities.   Profits are supposed to go towards charities in Ukraine
I don’t drink much beer but I would like to try.  Unfortunately it looks like it’s only being done as drafts in a few cities, no cans or bottles (yet)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:11:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By fike:

I started to get the same vibes off Johnny’s vids recently as well. The last one specifically.

ETA: His aid distribution is going to a local grocery store and buying a cart worth of groceries.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fike:

LOL!

I'm not sure he really knows what to do.  I'm not sure we would know what to do.

He's not fighting, but he is trying to support in some way.  Nothing wrong with buying groceries and supplies at a store and then traveling to distribute them where there isn't any stores for those locals to buy groceries and supplies.  

I'm not gonna trash him until there is proof and reason to do so.  

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:13:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Well,yes,a car is different from the car.

I speak Estonian,English and German what I would call fluently but don’t actually know all of the rules of English,just what sounds and looks right. If you made me take a high school English exam where I had to dissect sentences I would probably fail but can easily pass as American when typing
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

Yeah Russian isn't like that for the most part. (I'm not an expert, but my wife is).
It's a cool language, and in fact they think English is odd...why do you need articles anyway? Does "the car" mean something different than "car?“

I speak Estonian,English and German what I would call fluently but don’t actually know all of the rules of English,just what sounds and looks right. If you made me take a high school English exam where I had to dissect sentences I would probably fail but can easily pass as American when typing

I speak bad English and Hillbilly.  Trust me, you are doing very well.  I pf not for your location set to Estonia, I would assume you were American from your words.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:14:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#27]

View Quote

A blocking force at the border (or over the border if they decide to go there) is not the same as garrisoning your own recaptured territory.
Russia probably started moving Russian citizens into areas Russia controls, but the process was probably not that far along.  Many Ukrainians are moving back home, and the locals will point out the newcomers.  Ukraine has ways other than the army to deal with the imported Russians, most likely the SBU and police forces.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:19:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By R0N:

Those things with the series of spring in multiple places and the covered box next to the Gunner’s Pantel are the mounts for the Digital Fire Control System but the various actual line replace unit subcomponents are not there.  
View Quote

So they're still just rocking the old bubble and dial systems?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:19:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Wreckshooter:

Anybody know what that watch face is called on the Fenix site?
View Quote

@Wreckshooter

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:20:14 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

You and probably almost everyone else here.
We spent what seemed like hours every day in 8-9th grade diagraming sentences in English class
And I cannot see what value that was, then or now.   Couldn’t even begin to do it properly today.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:20:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By WildBill375:

The peoples vote was huge. So much support for Ukraine from around Europe and the world.
View Quote
Wife said objectively, they were saying it was a top 5 entry. Not surprising the people vote out it over the top!!

Puts even more urgency to kick the invaders out. Zelensky said "We will do everything we can to host Eurovision in Ukrainian Mariupol"
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:33:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Aggressively patriotic ukranians should be volunteering for these positions. They would be helpful.
View All Quotes
⚡️Operational information as of 18.00 on 14.05.2022 from the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

▪️Rashists are trying to recruit Ukrainian citizens to work for the occupation institutions and illegal law enforcement units in the temporarily occupied territories of eastern and southern Ukraine.
▪️On the territory of Gomel region of the Republic of Belarus, the demining activities in the areas of the former location of Russian Federation units are recorded.
▪️In Kharkiv direction, the occupiers focused their main efforts on maintaining their positions, controlling supply routes to the north and east of the city of Kharkiv, as well as preventing Ukrainian troops from advancing towards the state border.
▪️In Donetsk direction, the group of enemy forces concentrates its main efforts on preparing for offensive operations in the direction of Severodonetsk, Soledar and Bakhmut, carries out resupply and regrouping its units. Up to two battalion tactical groups were relocated in this direction. The enemy is conducting assault operations along the line of contact with the support of aircraft and artillery. It has partial success in the Avdiivka area.
▪️The opponent is regrouping its troops in Lyman and Severodonetsk directions. The reinforcement of the group in the battalion tactical group in the area of the Novy Aidar railway station was observed.
▪️In Mariupol, the enemy continues to blockade Ukrainian units near the Azovstal plant. It carries out massive artillery and air strikes, conducts assault operations.
▪️In Zaporizhzhya direction, the opponent concentrated its main efforts on artillery shelling of Ukrainian positions.
▪️On the territory of Transnistrian region of the Republic of Moldova, the armed forces have been transferred to daily operations. At the same time, units of the operational group of Russian troops continue to be on high alert.
▪️Ships of the Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation in the Black and Azov Seas perform tasks to isolate the area of hostilities, reconnaissance and fire support in the coastal direction.
▪️The enemy is trying to increase its military presence on Snake Island and is reinforcing its air defense system.
▪️Russian troops continue to deliberately destroy Ukraine’s civilian infrastructure by launching missile and bomb strikes and artillery shelling of settlements in Donetsk, Odesa, Luhansk and Kharkiv regions.

Telegram Link

Aggressively patriotic ukranians should be volunteering for these positions. They would be helpful.

I’d want written orders for that…..don’t wanna be a Quisling once the orcs are thrown out.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:35:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Since the United Kingdom's MOD apparently doesn't think there is a war going on that needs a daily update today...
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:45:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq9D0O0qOag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiEGVYOruLk

View Quote

And here is the russian Eurovision contestant

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:48:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

That would be a great way to get antibiotics and medication to them.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
Originally Posted By planemaker:

LOL. I've been very fortunate in my career to have taken out a clean sheet of paper and done concept to flight over a dozen times. One guy I know has probably done it twice that many times. Some of mine have been complicated, some I hot-wired the airframe in my garage. Literally.

One of the most fun things over the years has been to take simple units and do interesting things with them. For example, the FQM-117B is a great little platform. It's almost all foam. You can modify it really easily. I've made a bunch of them for different projects. The look a lot like Mig27s. Here's one a guy did up in the RC forums:

https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23236&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1494281696

In the Ukrainian case, they could make an electric version with a COTS Pixhawk autopilot, load it up with 5-6lbs of HE payload and have a great weapon. Or, they could load it up with 10lbs of supplies for the folks stuck in Mariupol and land/crash them in a spot to retrieve the supplies. You could send one or two every night when you don't care about getting them back. Last I heard, the Army and Marines still had a bunch of them in their inventory. With a little advisory help, those guys over there are smart enough put together a fleet of them in no time.

That would be a great way to get antibiotics and medication to them.

That was my thought. And, once the mission was complete, they would work great as a beer cooler.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:51:41 PM EDT
[#36]

So russians will be the defenders and Ukraine will have to take ground. They will need non-defensive weapons and training. Hopefully they have been preparing for this eventuality for years. Burn the orcs to the ground. All of them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:

The Azerbaijan - Armenia conflict showed that TB-2s, loitering munitions, and artillery can basically evaporate defending garrisons.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:58:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By RunnngCircles:

And here is the russian Eurovision contestant

https://i.redd.it/zc4rwm1lz5r81.png
View Quote

**Accordion music stops**
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:59:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

If it makes you feel better they aren’t diagramming sentences in many schools anymore because it’s racist.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

If it makes you feel better they aren’t diagramming sentences in many schools anymore because it’s racist.

When subbing at jr. high or high school language classes, I noted techniques like really learning verb conjugations, etc. applied to the "foreign" language instruction. Kind of confusing because they didn't have much exposure to that in English.  Lot's of ???  How about the third person plural past perfect progressive/continuous form of "to do?" What's that in English?  So, they are learning English, something they had been doing while learning Spanish or French, etc.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:11:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Drakich:
The Azerbaijan - Armenia conflict showed that TB-2s, loitering munitions, and artillery can basically evaporate defending garrisons.
View Quote

This. Loitering munitions and PGMs, mean any static defense is doomed. You must move to survive.

Imagine a trench line with 100 or 200 grenade-dropping drones coming in multiple sorties daily. Or automated swarms. Stealthy high-flying drones identifying targets, calling in fire missions, and lasing shortly before impact if the munitions are beam riders.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:23:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By zach_:

They are common here. Some places are nearly infested.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zach_:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Thanks, another large rodent I did not know about.  

They are common here. Some places are nearly infested.

They were all over the place here until the alligator population rebounded.  We used to see thousands of poule d’eauxs locally but I think the gators are knocking them back pretty hard, too.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:23:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Ukraine said to be counter-attacking from Kharkiv toward northern Izyum with the goal of cutting Russian supply lines at Izyum and trapping about 20 BTGs south of the city.
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/5/14/2097948/-Ukraine-update-Something-big-is-happening-as-the-Battle-of-the-Izyum-Salient-begins

https://youtu.be/YGjicPkxb0s
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:24:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Lavrov: The West has declared a 'total hybrid war' against Russia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sQX7AzteB8

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov says the West has declared a "total hybrid war" against Russia and added that everyone will feel the consequences, without exception.
View Quote

I will give someone 50 bucks to hit that fucker in the face with a baseball bat and film it for everyone to enjoy.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:24:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#43]
We haven’t seen the Switchblades yet (that we know of) so I’m wondering if they are being saved up to use en masse for a special occasion.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:27:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

I will give someone 50 bucks to hit that fucker in the face with a baseball bat and film it for everyone to enjoy.
View Quote

I’ll make it $100 and throw in an OD pmag.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:29:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By AKaTom:

Look to large for a muskrat.  So far nutria sounds reasonable.
View All Quotes

Muskrats.

Come on man! Where's your muskrat love?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:30:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Circuits:

This. Loitering munitions and PGMs, mean any static defense is doomed. You must move to survive.

Imagine a trench line with 100 or 200 grenade-dropping drones coming in multiple sorties daily. Or automated swarms. Stealthy high-flying drones identifying targets, calling in fire missions, and lasing shortly before impact if the munitions are beam riders.
View Quote

We are probably seeing the last major war where the human infantryman stands a chance of survival.  The future is pretty damn scary.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:32:51 PM EDT
[#47]
We haven’t seen the Switchblades yet (that we know of) so I’m wondering if they are being saved up to use en masse for a special occasion.
View Quote

There were leftovers of one on telegram last week, IIRC.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:33:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

Muskrats.

I had to...

Captain & Tennille MUSKRAT LOVE
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:35:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#49]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

View Quote

The downside is that for some reason I have the distinct impression that this would happen:

My dear, sweet brother Numsie!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:36:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By GreyHat:

There were leftovers of one on telegram last week, IIRC.
View Quote

Believe that was evaluated as a fake.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1947 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top