Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1949 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:10:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By xxflyingturtlexx:

No i just mentioned what happened and gave my opinion. I am American so it is not a Russian talking point.

Starting with Germany, most European countries are bracing a horrible recession; much more worse than us here in States. I would almost predict Germany taking the biggest hit here.

I hate to break it to everyone here. Ukraine lost this war. It might be as early as couple of weeks before it falls and Russia wins the war of attrition. Ukraine military is being grinded slowly.

Although the outcome is unfavorable to collective West and US; i am happy to see some people are talking about ceasefire, and agreements rather than sending more weapons to Ukraine which will result in deaths of more Ukrainian soldiers and civilians.

A mutual agreement right now is the only way West can save some faces. Economic sanctions clearly did not work, sending weapons only help getting more people killed but not the outcome. Propaganda can only go so far. When the war is lost, not much of Ukraine left, half the EU countries collapsed from energy crisis and recession nobody will care about whatever left of Ukraine.

The only way this could change would be an all out Nato military action. And nah that won't happen

So unnecessary
View Quote

You say you're American, but all your talking points are Russian...
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:12:35 AM EDT
[#2]

No i just mentioned what happened and gave my opinion. I am American so it is not a Russian talking point.

Starting with Germany, most European countries are bracing a horrible recession; much more worse than us here in States. I would almost predict Germany taking the biggest hit here.

I hate to break it to everyone here. Ukraine lost this war. It might be as early as couple of weeks before it falls and Russia wins the war of attrition. Ukraine military is being grinded slowly.

Although the outcome is unfavorable to collective West and US; i am happy to see some people are talking about ceasefire, and agreements rather than sending more weapons to Ukraine which will result in deaths of more Ukrainian soldiers and civilians.

A mutual agreement right now is the only way West can save some faces. Economic sanctions clearly did not work, sending weapons only help getting more people killed but not the outcome. Propaganda can only go so far. When the war is lost, not much of Ukraine left, half the EU countries collapsed from energy crisis and recession nobody will care about whatever left of Ukraine.

The only way this could change would be an all out Nato military action. And nah that won’t happen…

So unnecessary…
View Quote

It's obvious that you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

Politicians can talk all they want about cease fires and negotiations, but the Ukrainian people will absolutely NOT give in to the Russians or settle for any outcome where the Russians get rewarded for their behavior. They have lost too many family, friends and neighbors to forgive or forget.

Even if by some chance the Ukrainian military is defeated, there will be an unending guerilla war against the Russians. If they thought Afghanistan was bad, Ukraine will be significantly worse for them.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:17:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:18:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Newer-ish news:

Italy to send FH70 howitzers to Ukraine:

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:22:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#5]
Almost all American howitzers are already in Ukraine - the US Embassy

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:23:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Hmmmm, Austin talked to his Russian partner and asked for an immediate cease fire and negotiation. German chancellor called Putin with same propositions. Safe to say finally collective West see the writing on the wall and there are some intelligent people still left looking at things beyond “ghost of kyev, snake island heros” propaganda.

What sucks is most was preventable and Ukrainian people did not deserve this. Sad.
View Quote

I think you’re making an incorrect assumption on why they continue to ask for ceasefires/negotiations.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:23:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By bigstick61:
He types English like a foreigner, too, who's not quite fully fluent.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:28:04 AM EDT
[#8]

The only way this could change would be an all out Nato military action. And nah that won’t happen…

So unnecessary…
View Quote

Are we following the same war?
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:29:18 AM EDT
[#9]

So unnecessary…
View Quote

I think they should wait until they kill another 30k russians before they head back to their shithole.
You are correct, it is unnecessary, and russia is 100% at fault. I hope they suffer mightily.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:29:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By DonKey153:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

So unnecessary…

Well, I would think so. Just different channels. His info comes from sputnik, RT and all the other russian propaganda outlets. And it frigging shows.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:30:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By kncook:

I think you’re making an incorrect assumption on why they continue to ask for ceasefires/negotiations.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:
Hmmmm, Austin talked to his Russian partner and asked for an immediate cease fire and negotiation. German chancellor called Putin with same propositions. Safe to say finally collective West see the writing on the wall and there are some intelligent people still left looking at things beyond “ghost of kyev, snake island heros” propaganda.

What sucks is most was preventable and Ukrainian people did not deserve this. Sad.

You are right, a ceasefire at this point would only allow Russia to shore up defense, regroup, and resupply units.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:31:12 AM EDT
[#12]

So unnecessary…
View Quote

In your first post you say that it was preventable and in your second you say it was so unnecessary. So how exactly could Ukraine have prevented the Russian invasion? And what exactly is unnecessary? Killing fucking Orc invaders to defend your homeland and your people? Not rolling over for their new Orc overlords? You're either a straight up Russian shill or you're a very misguided individual.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:32:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Illegible_Signature:
Since the United Kingdom's MOD apparently doesn't think there is a war going on that needs a daily update today...
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/106650/T-72_UFO-2384248.jpg
View Quote

Aaand right click, save as.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:35:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:36:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:37:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Abakan:

Well, I would think so. Just different channels. His info comes from sputnik, RT and all the other russian propaganda outlets. And it frigging shows.
View All Quotes

So unnecessary…

Clue #1: English is not his first language. This brings to mind the GD experience during the 2016 election.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:38:45 AM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

So unnecessary…

It’s a word-for-word Russian propaganda from some translated tweets last night.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:41:28 AM EDT
[#18]
I would imagine we will see more inflatable decoys for armor parked in fields.

That and mobile flank canons will probably make a come back to seat dji style quad copters our of the sky.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:41:32 AM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:48:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Anastasios:

Clue #1: English is not his first language. This brings to mind the GD experience during the 2016 election.
View All Quotes

So unnecessary…

There was a meme posted early in this thread (and a few others) with the "Listen, bro...Russia is strong..." shtick. I can't find it at the moment but it's a perfect fit.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:49:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Kharkiv massacre. Ukrainian Army went on the counter-offensive. The enemy is running...
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:51:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Russian media acting like this means something. We've openly said DoD and SAD were in Ukraine training, but they want to use that open relationship for their own internal propaganda purposes.

Azov documents show use of "SALUTE" format
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:00:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Anybody see anything in this that says it's anything other than a throwdown Javelin tube?

Published footage with the destroyed landing of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on the island of Snake

During the failed offensive, Ukrainian saboteurs used American Javelin ATGMs.

Since May 7, within two days, units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine have made several desperate attempts to seize and restore control over the island of Snake. The operation that ended in a catastrophe for Kiev, conducted on the direct orders of Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and contrary to the position of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, was deliberately planned on the eve of May 9.

Units of the special forces of the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Ukrainian Ministry of Defense on three armored landing and assault boats of project 58181 "Centaur" approached Zmeiny, having managed to land 24 saboteurs. By the concentrated fire of the servicemen on the island and the missile armament of the Russian Aerospace Forces aviation, all Ukrainian boats were hit and sunk, excluding the possibility of evacuating Ukrainian saboteurs in case of retreat.

In the course of a fierce battle, Russian servicemen drove the saboteurs to the water's edge and, as a result of a counterattack, all of them were destroyed. On the frames of the Ministry of Defense of Russia are the bodies of the dead special forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, on one - a belt with an anchor on a buckle, next to the American ATGM "Javelin".

The Russian Ministry of Defense reported details of the attempt of the Armed Forces of Ukraine to storm the island of Zmeiny. The attack began on May 7 with a bombing strike by three Ukrainian Su-24 bombers and landing from boats. On May 8, three Mi-8 transport and landing helicopters with special forces units to cover the Mi-24 support helicopter moved to the island.

On one of the Mi-8s was the Deputy Commander of the Navy of the Armed Forces of Ukraine for Aviation - the head of the Naval Aviation Department, Colonel Igor Bedzai. As a result of the strike of Russian fighters, the colonel was killed.

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:01:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By AnalogKid:

There was a meme posted early in this thread (and a few others) with the "Listen, bro...Russia is strong..." shtick. I can't find it at the moment but it's a perfect fit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AnalogKid:

So unnecessary…

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:01:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Anybody see anything in this that says it's anything other than a throwdown Javelin tube?
View All Quotes

Published footage with the destroyed landing of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on the island of Snake

During the failed offensive, Ukrainian saboteurs used American Javelin ATGMs.

Since May 7, within two days, units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine have made several desperate attempts to seize and restore control over the island of Snake. The operation that ended in a catastrophe for Kiev, conducted on the direct orders of Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and contrary to the position of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, was deliberately planned on the eve of May 9.

Units of the special forces of the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Ukrainian Ministry of Defense on three armored landing and assault boats of project 58181 "Centaur" approached Zmeiny, having managed to land 24 saboteurs. By the concentrated fire of the servicemen on the island and the missile armament of the Russian Aerospace Forces aviation, all Ukrainian boats were hit and sunk, excluding the possibility of evacuating Ukrainian saboteurs in case of retreat.

In the course of a fierce battle, Russian servicemen drove the saboteurs to the water's edge and, as a result of a counterattack, all of them were destroyed. On the frames of the Ministry of Defense of Russia are the bodies of the dead special forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, on one - a belt with an anchor on a buckle, next to the American ATGM "Javelin".

The Russian Ministry of Defense reported details of the attempt of the Armed Forces of Ukraine to storm the island of Zmeiny. The attack began on May 7 with a bombing strike by three Ukrainian Su-24 bombers and landing from boats. On May 8, three Mi-8 transport and landing helicopters with special forces units to cover the Mi-24 support helicopter moved to the island.

On one of the Mi-8s was the Deputy Commander of the Navy of the Armed Forces of Ukraine for Aviation - the head of the Naval Aviation Department, Colonel Igor Bedzai. As a result of the strike of Russian fighters, the colonel was killed.

Stop posting long debunked russian propaganda. Thank you.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:08:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By unreformed66:

In your first post you say that it was preventable and in your second you say it was so unnecessary. So how exactly could Ukraine have prevented the Russian invasion? And what exactly is unnecessary? Killing fucking Orc invaders to defend your homeland and your people? Not rolling over for their new Orc overlords? You're either a straight up Russian shill or you're a very misguided individual.
View Quote

He's also not a native English speaker. Re read it, there's several common syntax mistakes in there that an American would never make.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:13:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Shockergd:

He's also not a native English speaker. Re read it, there's several common syntax mistakes in there that an American would never make.
View Quote

His posts reminds me of this...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:18:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:19:12 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Citation needed. This was just posted on Russian media six hours ago.

Wanna fight disinformation? This ain't the way to do it.

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:20:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:31:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: iggy1337] [#31]
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:39:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Almost all American howitzers are already in Ukraine - the US Embassy

View Quote

Every time I see that 89 out of 90 howitzers are in Ukraine, I cannot help but imagine ...

"One again, please think, Lieutenant. THINK! Where's the last place you saw it?"
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:41:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#33]
https://www.timer.ge/ukrainashi-rusethis-parthomasshtabiani-shechris-datskhebidan-100-mde-e-ts-kadiroveli-mokles-300-mde-daichra-60-ze-meti-ki-gaiqca/

Since the beginning of the large-scale Russian invasion of Ukraine, up to 100 so-called "Kadyroveli" was killed, up to 300 were wounded, and more than 60 escaped.

View Quote

ETA-

https://www.facebook.com/DefenceIntelligenceofUkraine/posts/312596887718405
in the military invasion in Ukraine participated about 2.5 thousand militants from the chechen republic
▪ The so-called "Kadyrívcí" began to enter the territory of Ukraine in the first days of the širokomasštabnogo military invasion of Russia. Their main task was intimidation and genocide of Ukrainians. Being in the second echelon of the raid, they engaged in house searches, hostages and civilians, robbery and robbery.
▪ After the Russian troops began to suffer the first large-scale losses, the "kadyrívcâm" were ordered to stop the retreating occupiers' units and demonstratively shoot those who refused to fight.
▪ Disgracefully rejected Ukrainian soldiers from Kiev and chernihiv, kadyrívsʹkí mercenaries moved to lugansk and mariupol directions where continued to rob and shoot videos about their "deeds" for tiktok.
▪ It shows that despite the good training, the morale and the equipment of the kadyrov tiktokerív, even outside the active combat zone, with 2.5 thousand mercenaries about a hundred were killed, about three hundred were injured and over sixty escaped from Ukraine on dropping the guns and ammunition.
▪ Military Intelligence of Ukraine publishes a list of militants from the Chechen Republic who in March - May 2022 participated in Russian aggression and reminds that for crimes against the civilians of Ukraine all war criminals will be brought to vdp the details.
View Quote

Kadyrov was at this recruitment event.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:48:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By JQ66:

You and probably almost everyone else here.
We spent what seemed like hours every day in 8-9th grade diagraming sentences in English class
And I cannot see what value that was, then or now.   Couldn’t even begin to do it properly today.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JQ66:
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

Well,yes,a car is different from the car.

I speak Estonian,English and German what I would call fluently but don’t actually know all of the rules of English,just what sounds and looks right. If you made me take a high school English exam where I had to dissect sentences I would probably fail but can easily pass as American when typing

You and probably almost everyone else here.
We spent what seemed like hours every day in 8-9th grade diagraming sentences in English class
And I cannot see what value that was, then or now.   Couldn’t even begin to do it properly today.

Diagramming and learning the framework of any language is pretty fucken important.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:53:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:54:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:55:31 AM EDT
[#37]
????????? ??????? ???????? ?????????? ??????. ?? ?????? ???????? ????? ? ????????. ?????? ????????
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:55:31 AM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

Pay attention. They repeat the same lies as brand new.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:57:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: m35ben] [#39]
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:59:26 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Pay attention. On THIS PAGE we're talking about someone who regurgitated Kremlin driven social media that was maybe 24 hours old. Just saying "Russia lies", while true, does not do anything to change minds.

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:05:54 AM EDT
[#41]

Pay attention. On THIS PAGE we're talking about someone who regurgitated Kremlin driven social media that was maybe 24 hours old. Just saying "Russia lies", while true, does not do anything to change minds.

View All Quotes

You did not notice that the snake island story already is a few days old? Really?

Also I would think that you are pretty naive if you really believe that there're minds to change.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:06:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

Wow.
View Quote

Pilots pulling blades of grass from their butt cheeks after that
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:08:39 AM EDT
[#43]
https://www.slovoidilo.ua/2022/05/15/novyna/bezpeka/chornobayivczi-zsu-20-j-raz-zavdaly-udaru-po-okupantax-arestovych

In Chornobayivka APU for the 20th time struck the invaders – Arestovich

On Sunday, May 15, Ukrainian defenders for the 20th time hit ammunition depots in Chornobayivka.

This was reported by advisor to the Head of the Office of the President of Ukraine Oleksiy Arestovych.

He noted that for the 20th time on Chornobayivka, the Armed Forces of Ukraine hit on May 15 at about 12:00.

«The beginning was at 12:00. Detonation is still ongoing", – stated in the message.

Earlier we wrote that the Armed forces of Ukraine on May 2 destroyed another ammunition depot of the Russian army in Chornobayivka, Kherson region.

The Ukrainian Chornobayivka is called a "purgatory" for manpower and a cemetery for military equipment. It was also reported that the occupiers massively refuse to go on the offensive in the direction of Chornobayivka and are looking for those who are ready to become "cannon fodder".

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:09:05 AM EDT
[#44]
?????: ?????-???????? ?? ?????????
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:09:53 AM EDT
[#45]

You did not notice that the snake island story already is a few days old? Really?

Also I would think that you are pretty naive if you really believe that there're minds to change.
View Quote

Cool. Next time just say "TLDR LOL"
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:16:25 AM EDT
[#46]
https://hromadske.ua/posts/povitryani-sili-zsu-znishili-rosijskij-opornij-punkt-sposterezhnij-post-vinishuvach-ta-7-bezpilotnikiv

Ukrainian Air Force destroys Russian stronghold, observation post, fighter jet and 7 drones

During the day on May 14, the Air Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine destroyed the Russian platoon stronghold, command and observation post, as well as a fighter, 7 drones, 10 pieces of equipment and about 30 invaders.
This was reported by the command of the Air Force of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

Thus, on May 14, anti-aircraft missile forces of the Air Force opened the third hundred downed Russian aircraft: at about 18:00 in the Kharkiv region in the depths of enemy territory, the Ukrainian military shot down the 201st aircraft of the occupiers, namely a fighter (probably a Su-30 or Su-34).

Also, the air defense of the Land Forces and air forces shot down 7 Russian drones of operational-tactical level.

In turn, the air force continues to perform tasks in the airspace of Ukraine, delivers missile and bomb attacks on the positions of the occupation forces, in particular, during the day destroyed the platoon stronghold, CSP 10 armored vehicles and about 30 invaders.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:16:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By vahog:

Every time I see that 89 out of 90 howitzers are in Ukraine, I cannot help but imagine ...

"One again, please think, Lieutenant. THINK! Where's the last place you saw it?"
View Quote

Maybe "Jody" stole it and went home with it?  He is a bit of a bastard.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:19:07 AM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By unreformed66:

" mutual agreement right now is the only way West can save some faces"
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:19:44 AM EDT
[#49]
???????? ?????? ?????? ?????????? ? 24.02 ?? 15.05
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:21:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: polishkebasa] [#50]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
View Quote

Quite the optic setup on the ar.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1949 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top