Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1960 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:14:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By doc540:

surrender appears to be in process

wounded are supposed to be given a "safe corridor"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chokey:

surrender appears to be in process

wounded are supposed to be given a "safe corridor"

In before Russia Grad strikes the corridor...
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:15:18 PM EDT
[#2]
It appears what many GD'ers are missing is that both Ukraine and Russia were notorious criminal-managed enterprises prior to this war.

Criminal cartels took precedence over politics, principles, freedom, God, mother, and whatever else is on that list.

However,

Ukraine must prevail.

Putin must disappear.

View Quote

Yes they are both criminal empires until you see the standard of living differences!

Give me a.break you rocks for brains people.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:16:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

That's probably a very rosy estimate. But if it's even 50% of that, it's still an amazing disaster for Russia.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hking:

The fact that Russia has lost over a THOUSAND tanks and THREE THOUSAND APC's is just mind boggling to me.

ALso 27,000 dead soldiers

That's probably a very rosy estimate. But if it's even 50% of that, it's still an amazing disaster for Russia.

The Oryx guy goes through all the video to confirm the tallies
I’d bet he’s only off maybe +\- 100 tanks
Probably not far off on the dead.   And they don’t know probably how many wounded die being evacuated to russia.   And I’m sure there’s no trauma air evacuation like the NATO countries would do from the battlefield with C-17s.   They just linger on RR passenger cars or buses until the expire.  So many a couple thousand more wouldn’t be out of the question.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:19:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#4]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Blue_Sauron/status/1526273693722230786?s=20&t=S3n6D2q2oqbgctExhy-WdA[/tweet]

https://mobile.twitter.com/Blue_Sauron/status/1526273693722230786/photo/1

Several bmp's a tank, and an ammo depot hit with m777 artillery, awaiting full drone footage, Izyum area.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:23:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mal_means_bad] [#5]
Originally Posted By cyclone:
Apparently, the KA-52 has problems.........unsure if propaganda, so take it for what its worth

Russia's Ka-52 Attack Helicopters Have A Serious Vibration Problem
View Quote

They post several videos of the vibration in the article

From the video I've seen sometimes they fly perfectly smooth and sometimes they fly like somebody threw a concrete block in a dryer.  The difference might be good maintenance or the lack thereof, might be weapons load out, might be forward speed and rotor RPM.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:27:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Ukrainian Troops Destroy Russian Armor In Donetsk Region

Ukrainian Troops Destroy Russian Armor In Donetsk Region
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:27:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stone-age] [#7]
Originally Posted By JQ66:

The Oryx guy goes through all the video to confirm the tallies
I’d bet he’s only off maybe +\- 100 tanks
Probably not far off on the dead.   And they don’t know probably how many wounded die being evacuated to russia.   And I’m sure there’s no trauma air evacuation like the NATO countries would do from the battlefield with C-17s.   They just linger on RR passenger cars or buses until the expire.  So many a couple thousand more wouldn’t be out of the question.
View Quote

I don't think it matters to them how many of their own people die or how many tanks die except when it comes to interfering with their ability to wage war. They absolutely see their servicemen as consumables. Many people would be kind of freaked out by losing 3 hammers. I have a LOT more than 3 hammers.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:28:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:

From the video I've seen sometimes they fly perfectly smooth and sometimes they fly like somebody threw a concrete block in a dryer.  The difference might be good maintenance or the lack thereof, might be weapons load out, might be forward speed and rotor RPM.
View Quote

KA-52 rotors are counter rotating correct?
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:28:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheHunstman] [#9]
It appears what many GD'ers are missing is that both Ukraine and Russia were notorious criminal-managed enterprises prior to this war.

Criminal cartels took precedence over politics, principles, freedom, God, mother, and whatever else is on that list.

However,

Ukraine must prevail.

Putin must disappear.

View Quote

I'm OK with that.

The immediate threat is Russia invading another country and causing worldwide economic hardship, etc...

The corruption is an internal country issue. Ukraine isn't threatening to invade other countries or threatening to lob nukes.

Pick your poison.

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:30:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

95%? LOL! I will agree with you that democrats spending billions of dollars in Ukraine fuels this but you stating that only 5% of the anti-Ukrainian attitude is from pro-Kremlin propaganda is waaaaay off. As far as these "money laundering" accusations - PLEASE POST PROOF - otherwise this is bullshit.

Funny how one could hear the crickets chirp from the conservatives bitching about Ukraine when Trump signed over almost 40 billion a year for the next 10 years to Israel.
View Quote

I was gonna say 99% but I didnt want you to feel bad. Probably closer to 99.9% democrat corruption in Ukraine is responsible for conservative skepticism. Anyway, have you ever met a conservative to know why they dont believe the same BS as you?
What Kremlin OP's are you referring to? That Butina whore hanging out with NRA folks? 150K they spend on fakebook ads against both Trump and Hillary? Tell me about all those Kremlin OP's comrade. Did Putin take out a full-page ad in your hometown newspaper?

The American media and the political system is totally corrupt and Russia, Putin, Kremlin, etc. had nothing to do with it. Your democrats did it.

As for your assertion that there is zero evidence of demo-commie corruption...WTF was Hunter (and all the other kids) getting paid millions for? Do you really think that your corrupt DOJ can sit on this forever?

And conservatives have been complaining about the billions sent to Israel. Personally I think it's money well spent but that has zero to do with Ukraine!!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:34:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 7empest:

View All Quotes

Yes.  And that video has some serious balance issues with the rotors.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:34:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Erno86] [#12]
Watch: Pentagon Press Secretary John Kirby holds news conference
View Quote

WATCH: Pentagon press secretary John Kirby holds news briefing
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:36:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#13]
Steel Plant Siege Over?

"In order to save lives, the entire Mariupol garrison is implementing the approved decision of the Supreme Military Command and hopes for the support of the Ukrainian people," the Azov Regiment said in a social media post.

In an accompanying video, one of the unit's senior commanders, Denys Prokopenko, said: "The main thing is to realise all the risks, is there a plan B, are you fully committed to that plan which must allow for fulfilling the assigned tasks and preserve the lives and health of personnel?"

"This is the highest level of overseeing troops. All the more so when your decision is endorsed by the highest military command."

Prokopenko did not spell out what action the defenders were taking. The video was released hours after Russia said it had agreed to evacuate wounded Ukrainian soldiers to a medical facility in the Russian-controlled town of Novoazovsk.

legit?
View Quote

⚡️ The first shots of the wounded militants of the Azov regiment, who were taken out of the territory of the Azovstal plant

Looks like it, 2135 over there right now.  

ETA-

According to Russian military correspondents, 51 wounded Ukrainian soldiers were evacuated from Azovstal

https://t.me/RtrDonetsk/5856
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:36:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

View Quote
I suppose the contrarotating blades create some interesting resonance problems.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:41:15 PM EDT
[#15]

That's pretty slick looking
I'm guessing everything is GPS coordinated so just drive up, set out some stabilizers, shoot to the requested coordinates for a couple rounds, then move a bit, repeat?   Very minimal setup time and minimal calculations.   Keep the counter battery risk to a minimum- just need to be on the lookout for russian spotter drones.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dracster:
"The Ukrainian military is already being trained on the Slovak Zuzana 2 self-propelled artillery mounts.

"I can confirm - and you are the first to whom I confirmed this - that the training of Ukrainians on this technique is already underway, so there is a serious and very intense interest," (Slovak Minister of Defense Jaroslav) Nad said.

According to the minister, at least eight self-propelled guns will be transferred to the Armed Forces of Ukraine."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-16_09-22-01_jpg-2385848.JPG

That's pretty slick looking
I'm guessing everything is GPS coordinated so just drive up, set out some stabilizers, shoot to the requested coordinates for a couple rounds, then move a bit, repeat?   Very minimal setup time and minimal calculations.   Keep the counter battery risk to a minimum- just need to be on the lookout for russian spotter drones.

If they can do the same 5-6 round MRSI of the German PhZ 2000, that would be a drone video to see.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:44:07 PM EDT
[#16]

As both of you know, I have posted dozens of times with details on the Kremlin operation to capture the hardcore conservative right and that it started around 2005. Now, there are dozens of popular conservative celebrities who are duped with an alternative view of political events for the past 20 years which reinforce/dovetail all current propaganda.  And, then there are the thousands of minor conservative wannabe websites which parrot all the BS from the others they wish to be. People gave me shit here because I kept bringing it up but now I think many see just how serious this is. The problem is that to recognize what is really going on one must be very well read (like books) in history and politics and the vast majority of conservatives are not other than websites with 500-word articles.

If we ever did go to war directly with Russia, don't be surprised if many of these so-called patriot websites wouldn't outright call for Americans to fight for Russia.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

Damn, that's really shitty, especially on the heels of your loss of your mom. I genuinely hope things start looking up for you soon.

I really do wonder how this mass lack of critical thinking has taken hold. Critical thinking and common sense have always been in somewhat short supply but it really seems to have been slowly turned up to 11 in the last decade, bordering on some sort of mass psychosis. Psychology isn't my thing but this unraveling of our collective social fabric is quite scary, watching otherwise normal people around you go over the cliff so to speak. Thankfully I keep my real life social circle small and they've all been immune to it.

Thank you,this on top of my mom dying is quite a lot on the old heart.

She isn't an idiot,she's a smart woman and yet this has worked on her. Stupid,stupid me could understand how the Russians wanted to buy influence at the NRA,groom some to appear on Russia Today and make them Russophile and then send them back to US media,how they fuck with us here and push fragmentary movements everywhere. I just feel like a damn fool to not have seen what was happening under my nose,I was unaware that the influence was so strong and that she was internalizing these ideas so deeply. I simply did not think people who were ostensibly pro-freedom would so quickly side with Russia,I certainly didn't think it was going to happen to her. This is like some kind of supernatural punishment but better it happen now than later.

Th and bee crazy thing is she detests,absolutely can not stand,Russian men. She's gonna have to go find one or maybe a MAGA hat wearer

As both of you know, I have posted dozens of times with details on the Kremlin operation to capture the hardcore conservative right and that it started around 2005. Now, there are dozens of popular conservative celebrities who are duped with an alternative view of political events for the past 20 years which reinforce/dovetail all current propaganda.  And, then there are the thousands of minor conservative wannabe websites which parrot all the BS from the others they wish to be. People gave me shit here because I kept bringing it up but now I think many see just how serious this is. The problem is that to recognize what is really going on one must be very well read (like books) in history and politics and the vast majority of conservatives are not other than websites with 500-word articles.

If we ever did go to war directly with Russia, don't be surprised if many of these so-called patriot websites wouldn't outright call for Americans to fight for Russia.

This is why I encourage people to know WHY you believe what you believe. Read enlightenment era and founding documents, source materials, historical and scholarly works, etc and then think about them critically. Build a foundation. Form your opinions from that. It will really help shield people from propaganda and snake oil.

I think part of the problem we have now is that we're forming opinions based on the opinions of talking heads, youtube personalities, entertainment news, click bait, social media algorithms, etc. Beliefs are becoming an act of regurgitation and indoctrination and hurting people's critical thinking skills. If that's how someone forms their opinion, the foundation of their opinion is extremely weak and easily subverted by propaganda and snake oil.

To give an example and bring this around to the subject of this thread, if you have a strong foundation on the ideas of freedom and human rights it's nearly impossible to see Russia in anything approaching even a neutral light. If your stances are driven by regurgitation and what is personally beneficial or convenient to you, then you're very susceptible to being manipulated into supporting a variety of shallow opinions/arguments.

I don't want to come off as lecturing people. I'm no scholar myself . I just see this as becoming a huge problem in our country and beyond and hope that we can start combating it.

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:44:14 PM EDT
[#17]

I was gonna say 99% but I didnt want you to feel bad. Probably closer to 99.9% democrat corruption in Ukraine is responsible for conservative skepticism. Anyway, have you ever met a conservative to know why they dont believe the same BS as you?
What Kremlin OP's are you referring to? That Butina whore hanging out with NRA folks? 150K they spend on fakebook ads against both Trump and Hillary? Tell me about all those Kremlin OP's comrade. Did Putin take out a full-page ad in your hometown newspaper?

The American media and the political system is totally corrupt and Russia, Putin, Kremlin, etc. had nothing to do with it. Your democrats did it.

As for your assertion that there is zero evidence of demo-commie corruption...WTF was Hunter (and all the other kids) getting paid millions for? Do you really think that your corrupt DOJ can sit on this forever?

And conservatives have been complaining about the billions sent to Israel. Personally I think it's money well spent but that has zero to do with Ukraine!!!
View All Quotes

95%? LOL! I will agree with you that democrats spending billions of dollars in Ukraine fuels this but you stating that only 5% of the anti-Ukrainian attitude is from pro-Kremlin propaganda is waaaaay off. As far as these "money laundering" accusations - PLEASE POST PROOF - otherwise this is bullshit.

Funny how one could hear the crickets chirp from the conservatives bitching about Ukraine when Trump signed over almost 40 billion a year for the next 10 years to Israel.

Another stupid low info post by you. And you accuse me of being a democrat...
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:44:22 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

I am just a retard but seems to me to be a rotor sync issue.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:44:41 PM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes

A loose confederation of warring parts flying in close formation.

Personally, I like helicopters with contra rotating blades.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:45:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By SpaceGuy:
The problem is that the lack of reasoning among many here in GD will proliferate to MANY OTHER AREAS.

Say 2 years from now... How much of GD will be against defending Taiwan because Biden did business in China? Imagine the line of discussion: "We shouldn't get involved in the military invasion of Taiwan because Biden is Xi's Puppet. He wants us to fight the Chinese, then stand down lose, and get annexed too!" "Australia isn't our friend! Kamala has investments there!" and so on.

The enemy will use every possible line of reasoning to distract and disinvolve us from their campaigns. I have absolutely NO doubt the Chinese are looking at how effective Russian Psyops are against the right wing, and will be taking some of that sweet, sweet Antifa money and put it towards more right-wing publications. Heck, I've seen Epoch (which is insanely anti-CCP) run so much anti-UA stuff, it scares me to think how easy the Chinese are going to run an end-around to mitigate them with controlled oppositions in the years to come.
View All Quotes

It's not just the Russians running dis-info ops on conservatives. 95% of the skepticism over Ukraine comes from our own demo-commies using Ukraine as a slush fund and money laundering OP since before 2014.

Convincing some American conservatives that Ukraine is worth our interest and tax dollars is Kinda like trying to convince ya'll that 2016 and 2020 was filled with fraud.  Both can be true at the same time!
The problem is that the lack of reasoning among many here in GD will proliferate to MANY OTHER AREAS.

Say 2 years from now... How much of GD will be against defending Taiwan because Biden did business in China? Imagine the line of discussion: "We shouldn't get involved in the military invasion of Taiwan because Biden is Xi's Puppet. He wants us to fight the Chinese, then stand down lose, and get annexed too!" "Australia isn't our friend! Kamala has investments there!" and so on.

The enemy will use every possible line of reasoning to distract and disinvolve us from their campaigns. I have absolutely NO doubt the Chinese are looking at how effective Russian Psyops are against the right wing, and will be taking some of that sweet, sweet Antifa money and put it towards more right-wing publications. Heck, I've seen Epoch (which is insanely anti-CCP) run so much anti-UA stuff, it scares me to think how easy the Chinese are going to run an end-around to mitigate them with controlled oppositions in the years to come.

China pretty much blew their relationship with Ukraine for Putin. One problem they will have re propaganda is that Trump was pro-Taiwan.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:45:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By stgdz:

Yes they are both criminal empires until you see the standard of living differences!

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stgdz:

However,

Ukraine must prevail.

Putin must disappear.

Eh, he's not entirely wrong. Take Carbanak/Cobalt:

There were three Ukrainian nationals in that group. They also happen to be the only ones caught because Ukraine arrested them. The other five Russian guys are still at large.
Also, all of Carbanak's hacking was done from Russia and all the loot ended up in Russian banks.

There are some Ukrainian assholes... I just can't site an example of "State sponsored" organized crime. Google can't either.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:45:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:46:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Good Russian Mi-28

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Volunteers TDF of the Kharkiv 227th Battalion re-take the Russian border in the Kharkiv region

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:56:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Prime:

⚡️ The first shots of the wounded militants of the Azov regiment, who were taken out of the territory of the Azovstal plant

Looks like it, 2135 over there right now.  

ETA-

According to Russian military correspondents, 51 wounded Ukrainian soldiers were evacuated from Azovstal

https://t.me/RtrDonetsk/5856
View Quote

Just to make sure I fully understand this. It looks like the wounded of azov are being evacuated and the remaining azov fighters are surrendering to russia. Is that accurate?
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:57:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Article with more details on the possible Azovstal steelworks siege ending.

KYIV  The Ukrainian unit holed up beneath the Azovstal steelworks in Mariupol said on Monday its garrison was fulfilling orders to save the lives of troops, an apparent indication that the long siege there was coming to an end.

The fighting at Azovstal in ruined Mariupol has symbolized Ukrainian resistance throughout Russia's nearly three-month-old invasion. Most civilians who had sought shelter at the vast Soviet-era plant were evacuated earlier this month.

"In order to save lives, the entire Mariupol garrison is implementing the approved decision of the Supreme Military Command and hopes for the support of the Ukrainian people," the Azov Regiment said in a social media post.

In an accompanying video, one of the unit's senior commanders, Denys Prokopenko, said: "The main thing is to realize all the risks, is there a plan B, are you fully committed to that plan which must allow for fulfilling the assigned tasks and preserve the lives and health of personnel?"

"This is the highest level of overseeing troops. All the more so when your decision is endorsed by the highest military command."

Prokopenko did not spell out what action the defenders were taking. The video was released hours after Russia said it had agreed to evacuate wounded Ukrainian soldiers to a medical facility in the Russian-controlled town of Novoazovsk.

Ukraine estimates tens of thousands of civilians died in Mariupol during months of siege by Russian forces who destroyed the Sea of Azov port, a city of around 400,000 people. The last defenders, including many who were wounded, had been holding out for weeks in bunkers beneath Azovstal, one of the largest metallurgical plants in Europe.

"An agreement has been reached on the removal of the wounded," Russia's defense ministry said in a statement.

"A humanitarian corridor has been opened through which wounded Ukrainian servicemen are being taken to a medical facility in Novoazovsk."

Ukraine's Deputy Defence Minister Hanna Malyar earlier told Ukrainian television: "Any information can harm the processes that are taking place  Inasmuch as the process is under way, we can't say what's happening right now."

(Reporting by Ron Popeski and Natalia Zinets; Writing by Peter Graff; Editing by Catherine Evans)
View Quote

Mariupol steelworks defenders appear to signal end of siege
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:59:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By 74HC:
Probably.  From reading tweets from Chechens, it sounds like there is a growing anti-infidel, anti-russian sentiment again.  After Putin's war concludes, there's going to be another attempt for musilms in Chechnya to break away is my belief.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 74HC:

The losses of males in DPR/LPR have been staggering. I wonder if this is part of a Russian repopulation strategy once the war is over and they think they win: Move in a ton of breeding-age males to make more Russian kids in these regions. Probably gonna do that with the Buryats too.
Probably.  From reading tweets from Chechens, it sounds like there is a growing anti-infidel, anti-russian sentiment again.  After Putin's war concludes, there's going to be another attempt for musilms in Chechnya to break away is my belief.

It never went away. That’s why Putin gives Kadyrov billions a year and free rein to do what he wants. They’ll (barely) tolerate one of their own ruling them as long as he has big carrots and a bigger stick. If Kadyrov loses too many men in Ukraine or the Russians can’t keep up the funding old Ramzan is dead meat.

I have read interviews with the leaders of the Chechen units fighting for Ukraine. They believe if Ukraine wins the RF will collapse and when that happens Chechnya will rise up against Kadyrov.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:00:15 PM EDT
[#28]
"Production of X-31 air-to-surface missiles in the workshop of the head enterprise of the Tactical Missiles Corporation in the Moscow region.

This type of missile is actively used by Russian aviation in the zone of the special military operation in Ukraine."

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:01:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Good Russian Mi-28

View Quote

Awesome!
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:03:32 PM EDT
[#30]
"Production of X-31 air-to-surface missiles in the workshop of the head enterprise of the Tactical Missiles Corporation in the Moscow region.

This type of missile is actively used by Russian aviation in the zone of the special military operation in Ukraine."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-15_08-37-25_jpg-2386247.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-15_08-49-54_jpg-2386248.JPG
View Quote

but how many can they produce a week? Where are the components sourced?
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:03:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By TylerF:
Turkey knows it is situated in a strategic position that NATO cannot afford to lose.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TylerF:
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:

The US will dangle the F-35's in front of them again, like a multi-billion dollar carrot, and all the problems will go away.

Turkey knows it is situated in a strategic position that NATO cannot afford to lose.

Turkey wants the F 35s, but they also want to fuck the Kurds.  So Scandinavia will need to find a way to screw the Kurds to get in the club.  Turkey is really in a spot to get what it wants.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:04:03 PM EDT
[#32]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-15_08-37-25_jpg-2386247.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-15_08-49-54_jpg-2386248.JPG
View Quote

Be a real shame if that place caught fire.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:04:45 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

KYIV  The Ukrainian unit holed up beneath the Azovstal steelworks in Mariupol said on Monday its garrison was fulfilling orders to save the lives of troops, an apparent indication that the long siege there was coming to an end.

The fighting at Azovstal in ruined Mariupol has symbolized Ukrainian resistance throughout Russia's nearly three-month-old invasion. Most civilians who had sought shelter at the vast Soviet-era plant were evacuated earlier this month.

In an accompanying video, one of the unit's senior commanders, Denys Prokopenko, said: "The main thing is to realize all the risks, is there a plan B, are you fully committed to that plan which must allow for fulfilling the assigned tasks and preserve the lives and health of personnel?"

Ukraine estimates tens of thousands of civilians died in Mariupol during months of siege by Russian forces who destroyed the Sea of Azov port, a city of around 400,000 people. The last defenders, including many who were wounded, had been holding out for weeks in bunkers beneath Azovstal, one of the largest metallurgical plants in Europe.

"An agreement has been reached on the removal of the wounded," Russia's defense ministry said in a statement.

"A humanitarian corridor has been opened through which wounded Ukrainian servicemen are being taken to a medical facility in Novoazovsk."

Ukraine's Deputy Defence Minister Hanna Malyar earlier told Ukrainian television: "Any information can harm the processes that are taking place  Inasmuch as the process is under way, we can't say what's happening right now."

(Reporting by Ron Popeski and Natalia Zinets; Writing by Peter Graff; Editing by Catherine Evans)

They've been cut off and fighting for their lives for so long. What they've achieved will be legendary for generations.
Surrender or no, those guys are amazingly brave.

Expecting Russia to behave honorably seems like horrible folly to me though.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:06:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:06:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
I won’t post any more about this but do think it is germane to topic in how and why opinions are formed and how quickly a new narrative can be adopted with plenty of fervor.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:07:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:07:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Erno86] [#37]
First batch of Elik Atom electric bikes designed and manufactured specifically for the needs of UAF
View Quote

Comment section of video: B.W. - "Russian soldier to his mom. They don't even have to peddle their bikes."

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:08:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

They've been cut off and fighting for their lives for so long. What they've achieved will be legendary for generations.
Surrender or no, those guys are amazingly brave.

Expecting Russia to behave honorably seems like horrible folly to me though.
View Quote

Yeah these dudes are hardcore as fuck.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:08:49 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

I would rather determine the address and ship them a pallet of vodka just to watch the QC plummet.

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:08:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:09:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Russia says logistics ship reportedly sunk is safe in Sevastopol

"Logistic support vessel "Vsevolod Bobrov" (project 23120) after returning to Sevastopol. Despite all the statements of the Ukrainian side that the ship was shot down, or according to another version, a fire started on it, at the moment when the Vsevolod Bobrov was in the vicinity of Zmeiny Island."

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:11:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
View Quote

I wonder if this is the same place.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:13:59 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

What is up with those pointy ends of the missiles? They do not look symmetrical.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:15:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:15:23 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:16:57 PM EDT
[#46]
"95 thousand deported Ukrainians from Mariupol are kept in special camps in Russia

British intelligence has already counted 66 such camps, all of which are located mainly in the Far East."

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:17:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chokey] [#47]

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:17:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By belted_guns:

What is up with those pointy ends of the missiles? They do not look symmetrical.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:18:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FS58DYwWAAMZxVt?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FS58DYuXoAY9YSj?format=jpg&name=large

View Quote

heroyam slava!
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:23:49 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Looks like that place needs a mysterious fire soon
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1960 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top