Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2106 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 6/16/2022 5:40:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Crispy.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 5:45:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NEXT23:

Something has changed in the past 48-72 hours....
View Quote
probably intel what Russia would like to do with France.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Dutch stopped a RU spy from “interning” at the ICC.
View Quote

Article in English;

Same site, article in English
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 5:57:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Russian ammo somewhere in Luhansk.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 5:57:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Dracster:
A bit of Crimea chatter today...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-06-16_05-36-46_jpg-2420193.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-06-16_06-49-36_jpg-2420194.JPG

"France wants to see Ukraine take back Crimea, says French diplomatic source   CNN (https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-06-16-22) citing the french sources

France wishes to see Ukraine take back control of Crimea as part of a military victory against Russia, according to a French diplomatic source.

The remarks came as French, German and Italian leaders visit Kyiv. The source was speaking to pool journalists traveling with the French delegation on Thursday.

"We are for an integral victory with restoration of territorial integrity on all territories conquered by the Russians, including Crimea," the French official said, referring to the Black Sea peninsula that Russia forcibly annexed from Ukraine in 2014."
View Quote

Ukraine is hanging on by just about a pinkie right now. A return to Feb 2022 lines is possible, I think a return to pre-2014 lines is a bridge too far. Russia will declare it an invasion of Russia-proper and likely resort to mass mobilization. The latter will take a while to have an effect on the battlefield but it will have an eventual effect. And Ukraine mowing down thousands of Russians in the Crimea will likely shift Russian public sentiment for the war. Not just, not right, just what will happen. Oh, and energy supplies to Germany get shut off as the winter approaches and Germany reverts to Russia’s bitch.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 6:00:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
I was worried that the German, French and Italian leaders meeting with Zelensky in Kyiv was going to end up being a bad thing. My fear was they went there to talk Zelensky into some sort of peace deal. Now we're hearing France wants Ukraine to retake Crimea! Something has definitely changed. I now feel like we are about to see Ukraine getting much greater support and far more heavy weapons.
View Quote

Yup, I wonder what changed their tune?

Link Posted: 6/16/2022 6:18:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Birddog15:

Yup, I wonder what changed their tune?

View Quote

Cratering poll numbers, public vilification, members of their own parties deserting them, impending election loss and fall into ignominy.

You know, the only thing that will make a European liberal do the right thing. Fortunately at least they can see it. American liberals seem entirely immune to such common sense.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 6:23:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Wreckshooter:

Impressive. But zero info they are T-90s much less Russian tanks. I can tell, at least for the second, that it is a tank.

Maybe they were Armadas.
View Quote

They were T-90s per Ukraine MOD. Full story on their site and Ukrinform. I linked youtube directly and neglected the ukrinform release.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 6:28:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 6:39:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FVZLOvqWIAI8dFX?format=png&name=900x900
View Quote

So basically Ukraine blowing up that rotten bridge will save the Putin stooge who built it. Much better for him than to have it collapse in a few years and expose that stonk Russian bridge building.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
View Quote

That drone footage was incredible! And the tank had the James Bond smoke screen feature too.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 6:47:20 PM EDT
[#12]

How about pack Putin’s yacht with explosives and remotely pilot it to blow up the Crimean Bridge. Fly the Russian flag and put a mannequin of Putin on deck sun bathing.
View Quote

Suggested that about 500 pages ago. Except the mannequin. Good call. Maybe add big speakers blasting the Russian anthem too.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 7:03:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
They need to ramp up production BIG time.
View Quote

Yes, because if they don’t they’re next.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 7:07:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

I think the biggest issue is that the west doesn’t want a Ukrainian military strong enough to invade Russia, which would probably cause an escalation towards nuclear weapons. I have an easy solution for that, put US troops west of Ukraine and tell them to stop at their borders and bring the loaners back or else. In the meantime I would be supplying them with an ABCT MTOE at a time and training them in Poland to work as brigades.
View Quote

There are probably some people who think that, but the execution of it is amateur hour.

Anybody with two brain cells to rub together has figured out this fight is extremely ammunition intensive.  We could hand out all the cannons we want, and two weeks after the ammo resupply ends it comes to a halt.

I am really quizzical about the "don't give the weapons that could range Russia" gibberish.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 7:14:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 7:19:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 7:29:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Higher resolution video of the helicopter shootdown.

View Quote

Considerate of him not to damage that farmer's hedgerows.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 7:46:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Looks like he was going for an autorotation before the heat got to him.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 7:59:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Have you heard a cat on a night op? They don't care.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RSM:

Somebody needs to teach that cat about quiet sling attachments.

Have you heard a cat on a night op? They don't care.

That cat looks like my rejected rescue kitten bunny

And bunny at night doesn't care as well about being quite

Don't hang your toes off the beds edge
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 8:02:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FVZLOvqWIAI8dFX?format=png&name=900x900
View Quote

If they just hit that bridge with jets and whatever ballistic missle they have left

Putin would be so pissed
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 8:06:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Not sure if we’ve done this, been skimming.

Link Posted: 6/16/2022 8:07:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Ukrainian  Tochka-u ballistic missile strike at Krasny Luch armory  Luhansk area.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/vdxnax/the_moment_a_ukrainian_tochkau_missile_hits_the/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb
View Quote

Another view at more recreational distance.

Link Posted: 6/16/2022 8:08:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 8:18:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#24]

Link Posted: 6/16/2022 8:24:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 8:24:38 PM EDT
[#26]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FVXU40WWUAEHGSh?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Fratricide!
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 8:27:24 PM EDT
[#27]
From my wife about friend of her father. Shot down around Izyum area

Link Posted: 6/16/2022 8:29:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
From my wife about friend of her father. Shot down around Izyum area

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/184365/4A938CF7-D3ED-4369-AB83-D5B43E26F6AE-2420616.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/16/2022 8:34:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Oops:

View Quote

Just came across this elsewhere. This is in Belgorod, so it’s fucking up a Russian waterway, not a Ukrainian one.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 8:40:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: absael] [#30]
ISW assessment for June 16th.

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-june-16
View Quote
Not quite as somber as a lot of recent ones... it sounds like Russia may be having increasing difficulty putting together large, coordinated attacks.  I'm getting the impression that Ukraine may be stabilizing, for the immediate time being.  But I'm concerned by the absence of any news of solid counteroffensives.

Link Posted: 6/16/2022 8:54:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By absael:
Not quite as somber as a lot of recent ones... it sounds like Russia may be having increasing difficulty putting together large, coordinated attacks.  I'm getting the impression that Ukraine may be stabilizing, for the immediate time being.  But I'm concerned by the absence of any news of solid counteroffensives.

View Quote

The counter offensive in the south toward Kherson has been making solid progress.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 9:03:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GTLandser] [#32]

View Quote

The war is not even 4 months old. Ukraine would need to spend the next 3-4 months just training replacements to bring units to full strength, forming new units, integrating donated equipment, and possibly stockpiling ammunition and other consumables.

Going on the offense is extremely resource intensive, and frankly I don't see them being able to pull off a big conventional attack (nor should they want to, because concentrating units and assaulting forward exposes them to the huge volume of Russian artillery fire).

That would also require large logistical units, which I haven't seen evidence of them having.

Relatively local counter-attacks, which make it untenable for Russian units to remain on Ukrainian territory (either coming under fire or running out of supplies) is the way to get them to slowly fuck off back to Russia. By necessity this has to be done slowly and carefully to minimize Ukrainian casualties. We're probably not going to see some big Falaise Pocket encirclement and destruction.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 9:09:00 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes
ISW assessment for June 16th.

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-june-16

There is evidence of a Ukrainian counteroffensive in the coming days around Izyum in the assessment.   Like you said, there seems to be some stabilization, Russian BTG's aren't what they once used to be, lack of Russian tanks, units are going in small groups on foot etc.   Russia seems to have ground itself up against Severdonetsk as supplies continue to help Ukrainian efforts.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 9:13:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 9:18:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 9:20:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Not sure if we've done this, been skimming.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FVaI3hMXsAIflTr?format=jpg&name=360x360
View Quote
Third American reportedly missing. A 20 year Marine vet, retired captain.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 9:43:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Third American reportedly missing. A 20 year Marine vet, retired captain.
View Quote

With thousands of westerners in the fight, these guys won’t be the last.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 9:45:22 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm hearing talk about the 20 M109 howitzers that the UK is to provide Ukraine have some sort of extended range. My understanding is that these were bought from another country and refurbished. Could these be M109 KAWEST by some chance or maybe even M109L52 variants? These would have longer barrels capable of greater range. And they might even have autoloaders which would greatly increase the rate of fire.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 10:19:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SoCalExile] [#39]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
I'm hearing talk about the 20 M109 howitzers that the UK is to provide Ukraine have some sort of extended range. My understanding is that these were bought from another country and refurbished. Could these be M109 KAWEST by some chance or maybe even M109L52 variants? These would have longer barrels capable of greater range. And they might even have autoloaders which would greatly increase the rate of fire.
View Quote
They're coming from Belgium. A4BE?
https://www.ftsbelgium.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Tankboek_M109A4BE_web.pdf

Link Posted: 6/16/2022 10:31:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Ukraine is hanging on by just about a pinkie right now. A return to Feb 2022 lines is possible, I think a return to pre-2014 lines is a bridge too far. Russia will declare it an invasion of Russia-proper and likely resort to mass mobilization. The latter will take a while to have an effect on the battlefield but it will have an eventual effect. And Ukraine mowing down thousands of Russians in the Crimea will likely shift Russian public sentiment for the war. Not just, not right, just what will happen. Oh, and energy supplies to Germany get shut off as the winter approaches and Germany reverts to Russia’s bitch.
View Quote

Russia can declare anything they want, but if they lack the capacity to enforce it, it doesn't matter. Yes, Putin would go apoplectic over Ukraine moving into Crimea. But there's a point coming where he can't stop them, either. Russia is losing ALL their top-line military capacity. Conscripts called up to be thrown against veteran forces in desperation is a bad move.

My theory is this: attrition, attrition, attrition, blitzkrieg. Ukraine is not gaining much, but inflicting heavy losses in men, materiel, and morale. And we haven't even seen those hundreds of Polish tanks, Switchblade drones, Himars, etc, etc. Once Russia is worn down enough, Ukraine could launch a massive, sudden attack with a large force with fresh training and fresh equipment, pushing from Zaporozhizhia down through Melitopol, and then over to Armiansk. At that point, every Russian left to the north and west from that move becomes a POW - thousands of them. There likely would not be enough ground forces in Crimea to stop them. And unlike Russia at Mariupol, it would not be necessary for Ukraine to enter and destroy Sevostopol to achieve victory; surround them, and await their surrender as they sit without food, ammo, and water.

That's all just empty spinning from an uninformed mind, though. It's worth nothing.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 10:54:26 PM EDT
[#41]
I wonder if that iziumn salient is going to consist of forward spotters to hit the supply vehicles when they come down the rail and roads.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 11:15:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Warstache lives!

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/MD-wfdhpWbQ
View Quote

Good, been wondering.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 12:45:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Warstache lives!

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/MD-wfdhpWbQ
View Quote

I open this video and now the audio is running in the background of all my music.

It's infected and now I am too.

Link Posted: 6/17/2022 1:10:31 AM EDT
[#44]
ukrainian Antifa fighting the russians.

short 30 min doc.

Frontline Hooligan: Ukraine's Antifa Football Hooligans Fighting the Russian Invasion
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 3:07:29 AM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

I’ve watched that several times and I think the shot came from in front and to the left (from the perspective of the heli’s direction of travel) and extremely close, probably within 100-200 yards.  It’s so close they could even have used an RPG.
The UA is definitely patterning Russian helo operations with that stupid rocket loft tactic.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 3:40:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
And unlike Russia at Mariupol, it would not be necessary for Ukraine to enter and destroy Sevostopol to achieve victory; surround them, and await their surrender as they sit without food, ammo, and water.

That's all just empty spinning from an uninformed mind, though. It's worth nothing.
View Quote

Since Ukraine lacks a Navy at the moment, Ukraine can't truly surround Sevastopol, nor effectively blockade it unless they were somehow able to get enough artillery close enough to close off the port with land based batteries. Whether Russia could muster sufficient cargo capacity to resupply a city under siege would then remain to be seen, if a blockade wouldn't be achievable.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 4:43:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunslinger808] [#47]
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 4:52:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Circuits:

Since Ukraine lacks a Navy at the moment, Ukraine can't truly surround Sevastopol, nor effectively blockade it unless they were somehow able to get enough artillery close enough to close off the port with land based batteries. Whether Russia could muster sufficient cargo capacity to resupply a city under siege would then remain to be seen, if a blockade wouldn't be achievable.
View Quote

Ukraine doesn’t need to blockade Sevastopol.  They need to take or bypass Kherson, then drive far enough into Crimea to level Sevastopol with 155s,  They can practically hit it with MLRS from where they are.
Ukraine holding a position of strength in Crimea is literally the only thing that will force Russia to the table.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 5:01:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 5:04:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Ukraine holding a position of strength in Crimea is literally the only thing that will force Russia to the table.
View Quote

That’s a key take-away for any rational analysis about the “why” of this war, and for an endgame.

I think a lot of political players people have been terribly slow to grasp that, and it’s why it is now starting to be articulated as a war aim.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2106 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top