Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2112 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 6/18/2022 11:50:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
how the fuck did they manage that?
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 12:08:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
View Quote

They are really gifted.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 12:09:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Master_Shake] [#3]
Don't kill the messenger, this appears to be a real account and the guy has a couple followers. Large thread on 4chan on this right now

Take it with a grain of salt

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 12:15:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Charging_Handle] [#4]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

Those polish krabs, based on the South Korean k9, are absolutely
Dynamite.

Ukraine got 18 for free, bought 56 more, and is looking to get 60 more
View Quote

I didn't realize they had that many Krab systems. But if they actually have 74 of these excellent systems in service right now, that is just out-fucking-standing! Next to the German PzH-2000, the K9/Krab is as good as any self-propelled artillery system in the world. Having the Krab in high numbers will be a difference maker for Ukraine. But if Poland gave/sold them that many, it must be half or more of the Krab systems Poland has. I hope they are able to build these fairly quickly so they can fill the order for the additional 60 systems and replenish their own stocks.

ETA: After a bit of research, it looks like the 18 Krab systems Poland donated to Ukraine may be all they have. They have an additional 54 on order from Poland, but those will have to be built. Poland has only built a total of about 80 Krabs thus far.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 12:16:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By The_Master_Shake:
Don't kill the messenger, this appears to be a real account and the guy has quite a few followers. No idea who he is but large thread on 4chan right now

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/132893/seth_1_jpg-2423300.JPG
View Quote

Did you watch the ground CASEVAC video on that thread?
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 12:17:35 AM EDT
[#6]
People forgot through GWOT but in conventional fights expect at least 10% of your casualties to be friendly fire.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 12:21:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Master_Shake] [#7]
Originally Posted By joshdb50:

Did you watch the ground CASEVAC video on that thread?
View Quote

No, maybe looking at a different one.

Just seeing that typical tank kill webm and execution stuff that is always posted on /pol
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 12:27:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Foxtrot08] [#8]
Don't kill the messenger, this appears to be a real account and the guy has a couple followers. Large thread on 4chan on this right now

View Quote

Large scale urban battles, with several units that are not tier 1 trained, under relatively new command, speaking several languages, under the flag of a third world country.

Yeah FF is going to happen.

It’s also happening to the Russians I’m sure.

It’s a shit show. It’s going to be a shit show.  You saw it with the Iraqi and Afgan forces when they operated with militias on a smaller scale.

For better or worse, currently the US armed forces, and maybe a few other first world countries, are the only ones that can bring a unified fighting force.

The US is the only armed forces that can project that anywhere globally, with full real time communications.  And even we (sadly) make mistakes. Pat Tillman is a legacy of those mistakes. Big army vs special operations vs CIA.

Shit happens in war.  Which is why you want to avoid war.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 12:30:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Ukraine is a long way away from a fully fielded blue force tracker.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 12:33:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
People forgot through GWOT but in conventional fights expect at least 10% of your casualties to be friendly fire.
View Quote

You need to forget the GWOT stuff, this is an entirely different kind of fight.

Link Posted: 6/19/2022 12:35:01 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Fell off the truck that rolled over.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 12:37:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Strykewolf:

View Quote

That was my point.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 12:47:44 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

You can take it to the bank that there were a lot of people in OIF I that were fratted; Tillman was not the exception to the rule.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 12:52:10 AM EDT
[#14]

That was my point.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Strykewolf:

That was my point.

It is Sat night...

That said...your 10% is likely close for friendly fire, I was thinking about what we were taught, and trained knowing...which was that 1/3 of our unit wouldn't get off the base when things went hot, if that.  Granted, that was in the late 80s and things have gotten a bit deadlier since then.  I don't think that anyone is ready for this kind of fight.  Ukraine, and Russia, are knocking the shit out of each other.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 12:52:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Master_Shake] [#15]
Originally Posted By Foxtrot08:

Large scale urban battles, with several units that are not tier 1 trained, under relatively new command, speaking several languages, under the flag of a third world country.

It’s a shit show. It’s going to be a shit show.  You saw it with the Iraqi and Afgan forces when they operated with militias on a smaller scale.

For better or worse, currently the US armed forces, and maybe a few other first world countries, are the only ones that can bring a unified fighting force.

The US is the only armed forces that can project that anywhere globally, with full real time communications.  And even we (sadly) make mistakes. Pat Tillman is a legacy of those mistakes. Big army vs special operations vs CIA.

View Quote

Totally get the circumstances they're in and the FF, which is part of why I thought it could be worth adding to the thread.

The "there's no way the Ukrainians can win this. . . . the media only shows one side" part I assumed would catch me some heat.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 12:53:04 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

They got the armbands though. It has to be a total shitshow on the ground.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 12:57:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By CharlieR:

You can take it to the bank that there were a lot of people in OIF I that were fratted; Tillman was not the exception to the rule.
View Quote

From what one of Tillmans friends told me, if the people who shot him had been making their own decisions instead of relying on radios and sensors he wouldn’t have been shot.

But yeah war is messy.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 1:09:51 AM EDT
[#18]

Totally get the circumstances they're in and the FF, which is part of why I thought it could be worth adding to the thread.

The "there's no way the Ukrainians can win this. . . . the media only shows one side" part I assumed would catch me some heat.
View All Quotes

I don’t believe any real military analysts will claim a Ukraine victory here. And I’m certainly not a real military analyst.

I believe the question is: Will they outlast Russians will and ability to fight effectively?

Is Russia willing to sacrifice all its modern forces and equipment for Ukraine? How long can they continue to draft troops? How long can they economically go? How long will the people of Russia have a will to fight? And dozens of other reasons.

I don’t think for a second Ukraine is going to steam roll over Russian forces and push them out every inch of occupied territory.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 1:16:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By nomansland:
Zelensky's advisor was requesting 1000 155mm howitzers and 300 MLRS.  To put that in context, I added up what all the NATO countries have, but I did exclude the US:

155mm towed ~700 total (400 of which are Turkey's Panters)
155mm SP - 1566 (300 are Turkey's T-155 Firtina with L52, 420 are Greece M109 L39 not sure specific variant)  293 PzH 2000's owned by several countries.
There are less than 200 total MLRS

Romania (436), Hungary (283), Bulgaria (150), Poland (111), and Czech Republic (86) have 152mm systems listed (either towed or SP).  Finland (545), Bulgaria (506), Poland (362) and Romania (218) list 122mm systems.  I know the administration says they've exhausted these supplies but those would be the ones to check and see if there is any left or what manufacturing capability exists (esp the 122mm).
View Quote

That really puts things in perspective. Thank you for that.

NATO just doesn’t seem to have Artillery and rocketry as a core component of doctrine it seems.  

Is NATO just expecting airpower to be the battlefield dominance technology?  

Link Posted: 6/19/2022 1:25:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By kbi:
foootage of ammo depotit was  hit by balistic missle

View Quote

Fuckin...wow!
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 1:28:01 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Fuck...war is a mother fucker
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 1:29:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By sq40:

NATO just doesn’t seem to have Artillery and rocketry as a core component of doctrine it seems.  

View Quote

They sold their soul for air forces.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 1:45:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Not sure what is going on here.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 1:55:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

I didn't realize they had that many Krab systems. But if they actually have 74 of these excellent systems in service right now, that is just out-fucking-standing! Next to the German PzH-2000, the K9/Krab is as good as any self-propelled artillery system in the world. Having the Krab in high numbers will be a difference maker for Ukraine. But if Poland gave/sold them that many, it must be half or more of the Krab systems Poland has. I hope they are able to build these fairly quickly so they can fill the order for the additional 60 systems and replenish their own stocks.

ETA: After a bit of research, it looks like the 18 Krab systems Poland donated to Ukraine may be all they have. They have an additional 54 on order from Poland, but those will have to be built. Poland has only built a total of about 80 Krabs thus far.
View Quote

The Krabs may not be the K9 versions.  They had earlier versions built on domestic chassis.  The later ones built after 2014 have the Korean K9 chassis.  I cant see the Poles or anyone giving the the Ukes their best newest stuff.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 1:56:13 AM EDT
[#25]
I can see the Poles doing most things.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 1:57:44 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

The disorganization mentioned here is backed up by the recent helmet cam footage of Americans fighting there.

Despite their bravery and ingenuity, Ukraine is still second world style military.  We Americans are accustomed to well tuned tactics and training that goes back 250 years. We have fought in every environment and learned thousands of blood-soaked lessons that are passed down to shape doctrine.  And we are used to being well equipped.

It’s not to take away the quality and spirits of the Ukrainian fighting man.  Just to illustrate that America is militarily a modern Sparta.  Ukraine should put our experienced veteran volunteers in more leadership positions to improve results.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 2:08:14 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Why kill the messenger?  I believe it, in general.  You’ve got a bunch of people with relatively little training thrown into high-intensity modern combat with a hodge-podge of weapons and a hodge-podge of units.  War is hell. IMO, the US has been way too used to having war as it wants it - overwhelming superiority and rarely under much adversity.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 2:09:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
View Quote

Believe they just mean a "Kadyrovite dog" as in a Chechen merc.  Just shows him be captured, it appears.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 2:18:09 AM EDT
[#29]
About 15 Russian prisoners taken, nearly all wounded.  Looks like DPR/LPR troops by uniforms.  Location unknown.

https://youtu.be/2n4nBkolZbI
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 2:21:36 AM EDT
[#30]

NATO just doesn't seem to have Artillery and rocketry as a core component of doctrine it seems.  

View Quote
Yes. What's happening now is the equivalent of fighting with 1 hand tied behind their backs.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 2:44:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#31]
Long, awesome video of a Ukrainian attack on a Russian position.  Includes surveillance footage, a Ukrainian TIGR with a .50 hosing down the Russian-occupied house at about 20yards, and CQ fighting.
Looks like about 10 prisoners taken, at least 1-2 Russian KIA.   Based on uniforms/helmets looks like DPR/LPR troops, including at least one with a scoped Moisin.  
EDIT - this looks like old footage - no foliage on the trees and snow on the ground in one scene.  Regardless I don’t recall seeing this before.

Знищення та взяття у полон російських найманців у с.Стеблянка воїнами 93 бригади та прикордонниками
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 2:52:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Tomislav:

Some of us are old enough to remember when it was a very important location. And unfortunately, others think it still is.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wreckshooter:
Originally Posted By MouseBoy:
Originally Posted By kpacman:
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

You know, I love the A-10 as much as the next guy, but I just can't imagine those tactics are very effective.

Maybe the Ukrainians lack for enough electronic systems, but if someone can explain to me whether/how the A-10 would do much better, given the same operating environment, I would love to know.

If MANPADs are the #1 threat, then there isn't anything except for flares or avoiding the area entirely, AFAIK.

I ran into an A-10 pilot at a German B&B years ago. He was there during a NATO war exercise.

I was talking about the planes capabilities, and he conceded that if a conflict with Russia took place, the A-10 "would have a very short and glorious life".

Attack helicopters that could pop up over tree tops and take out positions was more effective and the AF had been trying to kill the A-10 for that reason.

The A-10 was originally designed to defend the Fulda Gap.  A mountainous road that runs through a chokepoint valley.

Weird how ‘Fulda Gap’ comes up so often on GD. A completely irrelevant location.

Some of us are old enough to remember when it was a very important location. And unfortunately, others think it still is.

Fulda Gap was a sideshow but we, Americans, love to prattle on about it because it was in the US sector. The USSR was always going to concentrate on the Northern Germain Plains but that wasn’t the US sector.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 3:08:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By MostlyPeaceful:

It was of importance to the Army during the one REFORGER I was in.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MostlyPeaceful:
Originally Posted By Wreckshooter:
Originally Posted By MouseBoy:
Originally Posted By kpacman:
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

You know, I love the A-10 as much as the next guy, but I just can't imagine those tactics are very effective.

Maybe the Ukrainians lack for enough electronic systems, but if someone can explain to me whether/how the A-10 would do much better, given the same operating environment, I would love to know.

If MANPADs are the #1 threat, then there isn't anything except for flares or avoiding the area entirely, AFAIK.

I ran into an A-10 pilot at a German B&B years ago. He was there during a NATO war exercise.

I was talking about the planes capabilities, and he conceded that if a conflict with Russia took place, the A-10 "would have a very short and glorious life".

Attack helicopters that could pop up over tree tops and take out positions was more effective and the AF had been trying to kill the A-10 for that reason.

The A-10 was originally designed to defend the Fulda Gap.  A mountainous road that runs through a chokepoint valley.

Weird how ‘Fulda Gap’ comes up so often on GD. A completely irrelevant location.

It was of importance to the Army during the one REFORGER I was in.

Roger, what, 30 years ago? Fulda was irrelevant 30 years ago, and now it is 1,000 miles from the Russian border.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 4:50:04 AM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes

Vodka, lots of vodka.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 7:09:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

Believe they just mean a "Kadyrovite dog" as in a Chechen merc.  Just shows him be captured, it appears.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jack67:
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

It looks very much like he ate all their food. I’m not sure how that would happen, but that’s what I’m going with

Link Posted: 6/19/2022 7:53:27 AM EDT
[#36]
UA T-84

UA working with and talking about the Mastiff

M777
https://t.me/LastBP/9847

Link Posted: 6/19/2022 8:04:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#37]
Russia hit Dnipropetrovsk hard yesterday/today with reports of an oil depot and an ammo cache, and Russian claims of hits on a command post and a train station.

https://ria.ru/20220619/ukraina-1796552069.html

Link Posted: 6/19/2022 8:21:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By theskuh:

View All Quotes

Yeah the fact that all involved are now outfitted nearly the same I'm sure adds to the confusion. Colored tape doesn't work well under stress.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 8:36:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By NoMoAMMO:

Yeah the fact that all involved are now outfitted nearly the same I'm sure adds to the confusion. Colored tape doesn't work well under stress.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NoMoAMMO:

UA supposedly admitted last week they had 100+ FF KIA in the fight for Kyiv, including one that was captured on video. It was posted here after it happened but was reported as RU in UA uniforms, the truck with the 23-2 on the back.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 8:49:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By BobRoberts:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BobRoberts:

That tank rolled over in a 2015 Russian tanker competition.  Video here:

Skip to 1:30 seconds and tilt your head 90 degrees to the side.

Один танк заглох от гидроудара другой танк перевернулся. Russian tank crash.

But, we have acutally seen T tanks on their side in Ukraine falling off trucks, bad driving etc.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 9:01:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By CharlieR:

View Quote

In DS, our unit was under FF 2x that I'm aware of - 1x by artillery and a 2nd time by tank main gun.  We got it shut down before anyone got hurt both times, but I'm sure it was a close run thing.  Hadn't considered this until this moment, but that's every other day.  Think about that when they've been at this for over 100 days now.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 9:07:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Off topic -

This Rush fan is in on page 2112.

Please carry on.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 9:12:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
Off topic -

This Rush fan is in on page 2112.

Please carry on.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 9:45:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lieh-tzu] [#44]
I have not seen this posted. Lithuania is blocking ground transport to Kaliningrad (Koenigsberg)?

I said this about 2000 pages ago: make Kaliningrad Koenigsberg again!
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 9:51:06 AM EDT
[#45]

The disorganization mentioned here is backed up by the recent helmet cam footage of Americans fighting there.

Despite their bravery and ingenuity, Ukraine is still second world style military.  We Americans are accustomed to well tuned tactics and training that goes back 250 years. We have fought in every environment and learned thousands of blood-soaked lessons that are passed down to shape doctrine.  And we are used to being well equipped.

It’s not to take away the quality and spirits of the Ukrainian fighting man.  Just to illustrate that America is militarily a modern Sparta.  Ukraine should put our experienced veteran volunteers in more leadership positions to improve results.
View Quote

It's not just that the US (and other militaries) have "well tuned" tactics, it's more that they use the same tactics, at least unit wide. With the mix and hodge-podge units from very different backgrounds they will be using very different tactics. This is especially the case with experienced veterans who have very set, honed, skills.

I suspect that Western vet volunteers, especially from tier 1 units will be far far more aggressive than anything the UA will be used to. The UA guys will probably not expect their guys to go out of defenses to meet the enemy, to flank, to counter attack without orders, so they will be more likely to shoot at dudes outside "the wire" regardless of looking for a stupid armband from 100 yards away.  

Link Posted: 6/19/2022 9:55:00 AM EDT
[#46]

I don’t believe any real military analysts will claim a Ukraine victory here. And I’m certainly not a real military analyst.

I believe the question is: Will they outlast Russians will and ability to fight effectively?

Is Russia willing to sacrifice all its modern forces and equipment for Ukraine? How long can they continue to draft troops? How long can they economically go? How long will the people of Russia have a will to fight? And dozens of other reasons.

I don’t think for a second Ukraine is going to steam roll over Russian forces and push them out every inch of occupied territory.
View Quote

It seems many Russian people remember a time when Russia was the center of the universe. Or at least the center of the Soviet empire. They look forward to being the best people again. Seriously.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 10:08:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m] [#47]
View All Quotes

From the camo I guess this is from Tank Biathlon a few years ago.

Damn, too late.

Link Posted: 6/19/2022 10:09:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 10:10:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Ukrainian soldiers on a truck leaving what appears to be an area of Russian shelling, get dumped into a river because of the damage to a bridge.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/vfvon3/ua_pov_vehicle_with_ukrainian_soldiers_falls_off/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 10:12:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2112 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top