Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2730 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:41:39 AM EDT
[#1]
A disassembled M113 near Lyman

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:41:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Its extremley sad what has happened to this place, this forum used to be a tight group of folks who supported each other even if we did not share the same views on things.  Now we get threats, called liberals, called the enemy. etc.. soros supporters, i can go on and on.  Ive been here a long time and i absolutely hate the way it is here now. Ive known alot of the guys here for awhile and shared alot of funny memories and good times... I now have the same guys trash me due to my stance on Ukraine, been called a piece of shit by the same guys, called a democrat, liberal, and I am a staunch Biden voter and shit like that... I just sit here like wtf? what the fuck is going on?? ..
View Quote

The tech forums are still pretty good sources of info and fairly devoid of GD'isms, but GD itself has been a mixed bag of as you said support, but also trolls, memes, and general level dislike toward a variety of subjects and individuals.

I think what we're seeing now is simply the result of years and years of HYPER-POLARIZATION by both sides of the American political isle. It has become standard practice now for both sides to take contrarian positions for the simple sake of being contrarian. As a Conservative, it's been frustrating to see those on the right take up Russia's mantle simple to stand opposite of the ProRegressive. 10 years ago Romney correctly stating that Russia was our #1 geopolitical threat in the world. Obama and the left laughed at him off the stage. Here we are 10 years later and the left has willingly forgot about that moment in US history not to mention the shady dealings of Biden in Ukraine well before the war.

I have no doubt in my mind that if this war had happened under Trump, both sides of the isle would singing a different tune.. simply to be opposite of each other.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:41:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Yep, it's a shame
View Quote

The site has changed, too, not just the people.

I stopped paying for a membership when permabans started getting handed out over even mild criticisms of a certain relion that kind of lead to some people doing something on Sept 11th.

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:42:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

Did we do today's tally yet? Lots of drones downed. Hopefully the start of a trend.
View Quote

Yea, they are getting a handle on the drone problem.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:44:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: R0N] [#5]
Originally Posted By YoungPatriot:

Count me in as another conservative who is a staunch supporter of Ukraine’s right to self-defense.  I don’t get the Putin sympathies on the right.  Nor do I understand why people are so quick to brand someone’s support for Ukraine and agreement with providing weapons and resources as some embrace of liberal policies and approval of Biden.  Not everything is black and white.  Not ever act a Democrat or Republican admin takes is right or wrong.  Some things we all should be able to agree upon and preventing Russia from gross land grabs premised on fictions and carried out through human rights violations seems worthwhile all around.  I get that there are complexities to UK’s past and this admin, questions about corruption, etc., but at the end of the day, none of that seems to change the base assessment that supporting UK is both morally sound and sensible from a geopolitical standpoint.  

Anyway, all of this is to say, I hear your frustration.  You are not alone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By YoungPatriot:
Originally Posted By elcope:
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

Yeah I don't venture into the other Ukraine threads anymore. The level of retardation and anger at UA was already beyond the pale but since they started winning it's gotten worse.

Yep I’m even getting hidden threat IMs now. I should link them up with Wagner recruiters (pretty sure there’s a few around here) and let them set the world to right!

If you are receiving threats in IM's, please report them as they are not tolerated.

Its extremley sad what has happened to this place, this forum used to be a tight group of folks who supported each other even if we did not share the same views on things.  Now we get threats, called liberals, called the enemy. etc.. soros supporters, i can go on and on.  Ive been here a long time and i absolutely hate the way it is here now. Ive known alot of the guys here for awhile and shared alot of funny memories and good times... I now have the same guys trash me due to my stance on Ukraine, been called a piece of shit by the same guys, called a democrat, liberal, and I am a staunch Biden voter and shit like that... I just sit here like wtf? what the fuck is going on?? ..

Count me in as another conservative who is a staunch supporter of Ukraine’s right to self-defense.  I don’t get the Putin sympathies on the right.  Nor do I understand why people are so quick to brand someone’s support for Ukraine and agreement with providing weapons and resources as some embrace of liberal policies and approval of Biden.  Not everything is black and white.  Not ever act a Democrat or Republican admin takes is right or wrong.  Some things we all should be able to agree upon and preventing Russia from gross land grabs premised on fictions and carried out through human rights violations seems worthwhile all around.  I get that there are complexities to UK’s past and this admin, questions about corruption, etc., but at the end of the day, none of that seems to change the base assessment that supporting UK is both morally sound and sensible from a geopolitical standpoint.  

Anyway, all of this is to say, I hear your frustration.  You are not alone.

I don’t think it is a hatred of Ukraine, I wish them all the best and they should be able to buy all the arms on the US market or foreign market they want.  

I know most of the people in my circles (retired military, IC, defense, etc) have a desire to not get involved in foreign entanglements under the leadership of those who have time and time again proved they will make the wrong choice.   We have seen the consequences of following the orders of the “grown ups” being advised by the IC as we spent a large portion of our adult life overseas fighting these countries wars for what?  More debt?  A lot of good men dead for no reason? The US in worse a strategic position than when we started?  

Also I think I find it annoying that anything not 100 percent inline with the narrative on Ukraine is automatically dismissed as Russian propaganda, it has become the I stand with Ukraine crowds version of racism.   Like it or not both sides in this conflict are putting out a lot of propaganda.    
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:45:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By CharlieR:

Theres nothing you said I disagree with.  I imagine the Western contribution is to provide a zero fog of war picture of the threat.  "The enemy is very weak here, strong there"
View All Quotes

I am telling everyone here from the bottom of my heart that westerns have played a role in strategy but it ain’t guys on government payrolls, and they literally just ask questions after a plan is spitballed. There is no master control hive of NATO generals moving chess pieces here. We give intelligence but Ukrainian military and the few political sin the know are not trusted FOR GOOD REASONS have you seen us pull any kind of large scale anything without someone leaking it for money or fame or promises of future promotion. if you were General Zeluzny… would you trust your American colleague you just met to know about your supplies? Troop numbers? Locations or even operational details? Are you nuts? Add NATO generals and Allies who work with other Allies? Does NATO keep secrets? Dam Son turn on the TV. How much would Russia pay or promise or what wouldn’t they do to get that kind of access? They wouldn’t threaten to expose your presidents finances? Polonium your tea? Kidnap your stupid teenage daughter?

It’s pre ww2 level opsec going on. It’s compartmrntslized like a giant intelligence op. Southern commanders don’t know about what’s going on or intended in north. I’m not sure the president even gets involved because he knows his entourage is target numero uno. He just gives general permissions, goals, and limitations. then They kick all but say 10 guys out and that’s it.

We might give a how the usa would do it with some imaginary us force, they might take parts of that but it’s 10 smart trust worthy guys and maybe 2 are westerners of proven value in strategy. Likely Retired. I can put some names out there but won’t. I don’t know for sure. And there are some it modeling geeks but they are Ukrainians or adopted Ukrainians.

Theres nothing you said I disagree with.  I imagine the Western contribution is to provide a zero fog of war picture of the threat.  "The enemy is very weak here, strong there"

+1 same agreement here.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:49:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

What you described is not pelmeni. Those are vareniki, another bomb ass dish. Trust me, as a native Ukrainian, I’ve eaten a container ship worth of Pelmeni in my life. Despite being of Russian origin, in 2022, they are as much Ukrainian as they are Russian despite what Wikipedia says. I don’t know a single Ukrainian who hasn’t had them or made them one way but not the other.

Vareniki
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/CpFnEXW1yXA/hqdefault.jpg

https://www.196flavors.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/vareniki-4-FP-500x375.jpeg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Pelmini like that are generally Russian. Ukrainian ones are taco shaped (slightly longer) with cottage cheese raisins, potatoes with onion and garlic and bacon fat, or same from bila mushrooms Boletes edulus traditionally. Those are straight Russian. Ukrainians eat them too but they aren’t Ukrainian. It was a Soviet thing that spread foods like that.

What you described is not pelmeni. Those are vareniki, another bomb ass dish. Trust me, as a native Ukrainian, I’ve eaten a container ship worth of Pelmeni in my life. Despite being of Russian origin, in 2022, they are as much Ukrainian as they are Russian despite what Wikipedia says. I don’t know a single Ukrainian who hasn’t had them or made them one way but not the other.

Vareniki
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/CpFnEXW1yXA/hqdefault.jpg

https://www.196flavors.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/vareniki-4-FP-500x375.jpeg

Tak ya ponil Palmeni y Vareniku,  po ya ne izuchal kartinku
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:49:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By lokifox:

Tribalism and militant-level contrarianism. Critical thinking is dead.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lokifox:
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:
Originally Posted By elcope:
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

Yeah I don't venture into the other Ukraine threads anymore. The level of retardation and anger at UA was already beyond the pale but since they started winning it's gotten worse.

Yep I’m even getting hidden threat IMs now. I should link them up with Wagner recruiters (pretty sure there’s a few around here) and let them set the world to right!

If you are receiving threats in IM's, please report them as they are not tolerated.

I completely agree.  And I don't think it's ever going to change "back".  I joined this site 10 years ago, and I lurked on and off for a few years before that.  

When I joined this site I would have described it as a site about ARs, the 2A and firearms in general with a strongly conservative political slant.  Now I think site is more about far right conspiracy theories and anger at everything than it is about the 2A or guns.  

The world has fundamentally changed in the past 5 years or so, and this has broken a lot of the people who are on this site.  People who would have told you they were tough, indepenent resilient people weren't.  They were fragile.  And they broke.  

Threads about this conflict, about a major land war in Europe, are a great example of how completely broken so many people are now.  They cannot view anything with a critical lens.  Everything that happens is viewed based on their extreme political tribalism.  

Threads like this one, and a few tech forums, are what keep me coming back.  But I've made the decision to start spending more of my time on other forums.  They are smaller forums, with very little "general discussion".  But all of the threads are about topics that interest me.  A new post won't get 10 ore more responses in an hour.  It may not get 10 responses ever.  The responses will be useful, on topic and meaningful.

Tribalism and militant-level contrarianism. Critical thinking is dead.

Agreed, the critical thinking especially.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:49:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

Since there's a lull in the action as UA consolidates, I'd like to bring something up about this.

Our 2A activism forum is in a sad state of disrepair and lacks satisfactory visibility. (I'd argue that it deserves its own main menu item.) The site is always talking about bringing new shooters into the fold but is doing little to channel them (or old shooters) into activism. I posted 10 months ago in the suggestion forum and GB acknowledged it but not a thing has been done. It's a crucial time for us and we're not harnessing potential support. So I'm bringing it up here, in case anyone wants to post in that thread or create a new one to encourage some action on that front. It wouldn't be a bad time for the site to promote something we can all agree on.

Here's the suggestion thread  
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Revive-the-Pro-2nd-Activism-Forum/2-2510097/

Here's the 2A Activism forum (that no one knows about )
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Pro-2nd-Activism/156/

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

I completely agree.  And I don't think it's ever going to change "back".  I joined this site 10 years ago, and I lurked on and off for a few years before that.  

When I joined this site I would have described it as a site about ARs, the 2A and firearms in general with a strongly conservative political slant.  Now I think site is more about far right conspiracy theories and anger at everything than it is about the 2A or guns.  

The world has fundamentally changed in the past 5 years or so, and this has broken a lot of the people who are on this site.  People who would have told you they were tough, indepenent resilient people weren't.  They were fragile.  And they broke.  

Threads about this conflict, about a major land war in Europe, are a great example of how completely broken so many people are now.  They cannot view anything with a critical lens.  Everything that happens is viewed based on their extreme political tribalism.  

Threads like this one, and a few tech forums, are what keep me coming back.  But I've made the decision to start spending more of my time on other forums.  They are smaller forums, with very little Ukraine.
discussion".  But all of the threads are about topics that interest me.  A new post won't get 10 ore more responses in an hour.  It may not get 10 responses ever.  The responses will be useful, on topic and meaningful.

Since there's a lull in the action as UA consolidates, I'd like to bring something up about this.

Our 2A activism forum is in a sad state of disrepair and lacks satisfactory visibility. (I'd argue that it deserves its own main menu item.) The site is always talking about bringing new shooters into the fold but is doing little to channel them (or old shooters) into activism. I posted 10 months ago in the suggestion forum and GB acknowledged it but not a thing has been done. It's a crucial time for us and we're not harnessing potential support. So I'm bringing it up here, in case anyone wants to post in that thread or create a new one to encourage some action on that front. It wouldn't be a bad time for the site to promote something we can all agree on.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Revive-the-Pro-2nd-Activism-Forum/2-2510097/

If ARFCOM really wanted to promote the 2nd Amendment and Conservative values or any values at all it would lock GD behind a paywall. GD is one of my main sources of entertainment and information but with that being said it can be the biggest collection of retardation in the gun world. I can see how a person just getting interested in firearms and the 2nd Amendment scanning a few threads in GD and deciding they wanted no part of anything to do with this crowd.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:50:13 AM EDT
[#10]

I wish this wasn’t true. If another friend asks me why Biden blew up the pipeline I’m going to quit my job and run to Ukraine to do whatever they need me to do. I feel like half my circle of gun buds have morphed into infowars. The others can’t accept that democrats are at least not screwing something up or collaborating with Ukraine to destroy them. My few pro 2A liberal/apolitical friends/coworkers have become war experts and ruthless. It’s upside down inside out.
View Quote

You can reply to this with "It wasn't Biden who ordered it... it was TRUMP.  Think about it..."  Then enjoy the progress of facial expressions...
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:51:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Welcome to the club. The PANTSCON system will hell you
View Quote

Thanks Ben, I feel like we have mutual connections?
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:51:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: _disconnector_] [#12]
Originally Posted By Dracster:
A disassembled M113 near Lyman

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-10-06_05-40-59_jpg-2552511.JPG
View Quote
Does that dude's rifle look odd to anyone?

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:55:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Long TG video but well worth watching.

Two orks in foxhole. One takes headshot, another takes grenade.

https://t.me/c/1736151536/12370
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:58:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Press 1 if you are surrendering in an aircraft
Press 2 if you are in an ADA asset of some type
Press 3 if you are in an armored vehicle
Press 4 if you are infantry with a crew served weapon
Press 5 if you are in logistics
press 6 if you are infantry without any supplies

if you are at an ammo depot, please hold while we fix your position...
View Quote

You should use the quote function and not just cut and paste text from other posts…
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:58:37 AM EDT
[#15]

I am telling everyone here from the bottom of my heart that westerns have played a role in strategy but it ain’t guys on government payrolls, and they literally just ask questions after a plan is spitballed. There is no master control hive of NATO generals moving chess pieces here. We give intelligence but Ukrainian military and the few political sin the know are not trusted FOR GOOD REASONS have you seen us pull any kind of large scale anything without someone leaking it for money or fame or promises of future promotion. if you were General Zeluzny… would you trust your American colleague you just met to know about your supplies? Troop numbers? Locations or even operational details? Are you nuts? Add NATO generals and Allies who work with other Allies? Does NATO keep secrets? Dam Son turn on the TV. How much would Russia pay or promise or what wouldn’t they do to get that kind of access? They wouldn’t threaten to expose your presidents finances? Polonium your tea? Kidnap your stupid teenage daughter?

It’s pre ww2 level opsec going on. It’s compartmrntslized like a giant intelligence op. Southern commanders don’t know about what’s going on or intended in north. I’m not sure the president even gets involved because he knows his entourage is target numero uno. He just gives general permissions, goals, and limitations. then They kick all but say 10 guys out and that’s it.

We might give a how the usa would do it with some imaginary us force, they might take parts of that but it’s 10 smart trust worthy guys and maybe 2 are westerners of proven value in strategy. Likely Retired. I can put some names out there but won’t. I don’t know for sure. And there are some it modeling geeks but they are Ukrainians or adopted Ukrainians.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

It’s amazing how little credit the Russians give the Ukrainians. In western reports the Ukrainian commander came up with the plan to pin the Russians in Kherson and overrun them in Kharkiv and I don’t think we have any reason to not believe that’s true. If the plan was to take SAPR classes and carry rucksacks for the females I would immediately suspect US Army involvement.

Its an interesting question.

The only people that know for sure arent talking.
When its over, if the Ukrainians were being fed concepts on what to do, and where to do it, it would be in NATO's best interest to lie and give the Ukrainians credit, which make the RUs look worse.  Makes their foreign military sales look worse.

In the next page over on this thread COL Khodarenok says:

Now a question.  How long would the armed formations of the south-east hold out if a qualitatively different enemy entered the war, if a hail of modern aviation weapons — anti-bunker bombs, laser- and satellite-guided bombs, air- and sea-based cruise missiles showered down on LNR and DNR formations and units?  If the order-of-battle were attacked by the newest armored combat vehicles and artillery?  And the action of all this military splendor was supported by American intelligence of all types which has not even a close analogue in the world?  And the planes of the volunteers of the West chase after every BMP, gun, and tank of the units and formations of the south-east, separately bomb every trench, firing point, and mortar position taken.  And destroy the target with margins commensurate with the size of the trench itself.

I would say that on this very thread, we have intercepts of Russians talking to their wives and parents, and the Ukrainians are releasing it for propaganda like they don't give a shit who knows how bad Rus OPSEC is.

The Russians can suck, the Ukrainians can be highly motivated, trained, and well equipped by us, the NATO Intel community could have the Russian surfaces and gaps mapped out to the gnats ass so any junior 2LT knows where to go, and where not to.. These are not mutually exclusive.

I've stayed away from this conversation for a while as I've become more read into it on the high side. I'll keep this very generic but I will say the amount of assistance we've given is staggering, beyond what you know at your level. I don't mean equipment either.

None of this is to take away from the bravery and abilities of the Ukranians actually doing the fighting. I will say that mutual learning is occurring and either validating our TTPs or in many cases causing us to rethink some things based on what we're seeing on the battlefield.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:59:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zam18th] [#16]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

Arfcom has thrown the NRA under the bus because their leader is corrupt. I have reduced my NRA contributions to almost nothing, not because I don't support the NRA, but because I want Wayne gone. This is not a productive way to defend the Bill of Rights. Simply mentioning the NRA or Mr. LaPierre on this site creates a firestorm of controversy that only helps the enemies of freedom.

I support every 2nd Amendment coalition fighting the good fight, but the NRA remains the premier gun rights group in spite of their failings. I've been called all sorts of things for having this view, kneejerk reactions are the norm.

I encourage everyone to support the Pro-Gun organization of their choosing, sending cash, it helps.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

Arfcom has thrown the NRA under the bus because their leader is corrupt. I have reduced my NRA contributions to almost nothing, not because I don't support the NRA, but because I want Wayne gone. This is not a productive way to defend the Bill of Rights. Simply mentioning the NRA or Mr. LaPierre on this site creates a firestorm of controversy that only helps the enemies of freedom.

I support every 2nd Amendment coalition fighting the good fight, but the NRA remains the premier gun rights group in spite of their failings. I've been called all sorts of things for having this view, kneejerk reactions are the norm.

I encourage everyone to support the Pro-Gun organization of their choosing, sending cash, it helps.

Agreed. NRA arguments aside, everyone should help in the way they want to.

That forum has no less than 15 decade old NRA stickies at the top and exactly zero mentions of any other pro-gun organizations. It's not constructive if the forum's intent is to improve 2A rights. It's like a 10 minute fix.

Sorry for going off topic. It's a peeve of mine, and the mention of the site becoming less and less 2A centric got me going.

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:59:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

I know I'm 87 pages behind but I'm fucking dying at them calling the Russian flag "Aquafresh."
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:
Originally Posted By Prime:

I know I'm 87 pages behind but I'm fucking dying at them calling the Russian flag "Aquafresh."

I've been laughing for a full day since I saw that, good burn.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:59:43 AM EDT
[#18]

Thanks Ben, I feel like we have mutual connections?
View Quote
We probably do
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:00:29 AM EDT
[#19]
He should surround himself with a wall.
View All Quotes
He should surround himself with a wall.

Let’s put another brick 🧱 n his wall
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:02:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By alphabavo:

Kicked $50 your way. Thank you for all you do.
View All Quotes
Guys we kicked ass, I think we are at about 5k and I’m going to owe some battle swag. Akulas got some stuff, Babas got some stuff, we will pay our debts. To the fucking Russian troll, just stay where you are and don’t snoop around here.

I’ve been on defcom 3 since I got back the first time. My neighbors a ret marine the others a us Marshall, just fucking poke your head round here. It’s country but loaded with game cams and hunting dogs, everyone knows our family and what we do.

Anyway,
Guys let’s keep it going one more night, announcement tomorrow, if someone drops 2k I’ll give up my most cherished Ukraine possession, given to me years back by a hero who we saw in Mauripol video kick ass. He’s dead so please don’t buy it from me. An Azov police badge pre-dark sun removal  (ie before they were forced to remove it) Actually scratch that, not selling it, would be a dishonor. I can and will get guys patches and flags though who threw in the big $$$.

Wife says rock on ar15.com
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/419667/FBC2BB80-E854-44EE-BACB-D73881629B01_jpe-2552224.JPG

Funraiser ends Friday

Just a gift I got but everyone here who helps earns a little badge. Not joking up to 70% of gear supplies etc have come from patriots like you! In every American there’s a little Ukrainanian trying to climb out!!!😀

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/419667/035C92EC-F17B-41B7-97DB-A532BA11CEF1_jpe-2552227.JPG

Guys awesome last day let’s get to 10k

Last day 2.5k to get to 10!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:06:09 AM EDT
[#21]

I don’t doubt it’s real. Lots of gold in peoples mouths there. Soviet torture relies on psychological torture as much as the physical. I wish I could say this shocks me but it doesn’t. I saw some Russian iPhone footage over there from captured stuff that made me want to go homicidal. Young boys in front of dads that sort of thing, make mom or boyfriend watch stuff. I bet some of the video hubs have gotten some sick crap pitched to them.

View All Quotes
I carefully and hesitantly submit the following, which I cannot vouch for.

A terrible torture chamber in the liberated village of Pisky-Radkivski.
The police know about burying/digging into the ground alive, using a gas mask with a smoldering rag. A dildo, a box with torn dentures, wires with ropes and a letter with an interview of one of the men were found.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FePd6DrXoAUc9SX?format=jpg&name=large

I don’t doubt it’s real. Lots of gold in peoples mouths there. Soviet torture relies on psychological torture as much as the physical. I wish I could say this shocks me but it doesn’t. I saw some Russian iPhone footage over there from captured stuff that made me want to go homicidal. Young boys in front of dads that sort of thing, make mom or boyfriend watch stuff. I bet some of the video hubs have gotten some sick crap pitched to them.

WTAF.

The Orcs are descending to Mexican drug-cartel level shit.

This is why there can be no negotiation.  

US and NATO policy needs to switch to:  regime change.  End Putin, and his entire regime.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:07:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By evilyoda:
Someone kill or overthrow putin yet?
View Quote

Similar to the poll results at the top of the page, is probably not going to happen in the near term. But things change...
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:07:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
Does that dude's rifle look odd to anyone?

View Quote

Not really. It's RPK, kinda Soviet SAW.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:09:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#24]

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:09:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:13:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:14:16 AM EDT
[#27]

Guys awesome last day let's get to 10k

View All Quotes
Guys we kicked ass, I think we are at about 5k and I'm going to owe some battle swag. Akulas got some stuff, Babas got some stuff, we will pay our debts. To the fucking Russian troll, just stay where you are and don't snoop around here.

I've been on defcom 3 since I got back the first time. My neighbors a ret marine the others a us Marshall, just fucking poke your head round here. It's country but loaded with game cams and hunting dogs, everyone knows our family and what we do.

Anyway,
Guys let's keep it going one more night, announcement tomorrow, if someone drops 2k I'll give up my most cherished Ukraine possession, given to me years back by a hero who we saw in Mauripol video kick ass. He's dead so please don't buy it from me. An Azov police badge pre-dark sun removal  (ie before they were forced to remove it) Actually scratch that, not selling it, would be a dishonor. I can and will get guys patches and flags though who threw in the big $$$.

Wife says rock on ar15.com
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/419667/FBC2BB80-E854-44EE-BACB-D73881629B01_jpe-2552224.JPG

Funraiser ends Friday

Just a gift I got but everyone here who helps earns a little badge. Not joking up to 70% of gear supplies etc have come from patriots like you! In every American there's a little Ukrainanian trying to climb out!!!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/419667/035C92EC-F17B-41B7-97DB-A532BA11CEF1_jpe-2552227.JPG

Guys awesome last day let's get to 10k

If money is tight, give up buying coffee or beer for a few days and give $5. Every cent helps.

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:14:27 AM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:14:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Yes. Old maps are crazy. Now do Hungary...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeQe_ugWQAA2aXU?format=jpg&name=large

Yes. Old maps are crazy. Now do Hungary...

<This should be the new map of Ukraine as reparations for Russia's attack. Seems only fair IMO.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:16:29 AM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:17:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:18:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:19:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeYJYkzXwAAAknS?format=png&name=small
View Quote

Wow. "Pause" is an understatement. They are determined to press the advantage.

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:20:30 AM EDT
[#34]
What is Wagner?
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:22:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:24:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:25:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:26:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zam18th] [#38]
Originally Posted By AngryNagant:
What is Wagner?
View Quote

A PMC (mercenary group) that is basically owned by Russia but they obscure it to provide deniability. They are some of Russia's better forces, and also known for brutality and lack accountability.

Also, Wagner loves the cock.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:26:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Latest map.

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:28:10 AM EDT
[#40]

A PMC (mercenary group) that is basically owned by Russia but they obscure it to provide deniability. They are some of Russia's better forces, and also known for brutality and lack accountability.

View Quote
Ok, makes sense why they are so hated then. Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:28:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:31:47 AM EDT
[#42]
View Quote
If they want it they  better hurry before a farmer shows up with his tractor  
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:36:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CPT_CAVEMAN] [#43]
View Quote

Lol

Wasn't intelligence that failed. Or at least not 87% of the reason.

The fact Sergei told Vlad to not go at the start tells you intel knew shit would go south. Along with 0 equipment and fuel, which has nothing to do with intel.

I for one get sick of intel getting blamed for all of combat arms fuckups. #intellivesmatter
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:39:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Wow. "Pause" is an understatement. They are determined to press the advantage.
View Quote

I'm impressed. Like 24 hours to bring up supplies and maybe rotate some units at the line, and off they go again.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:41:25 AM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes

Yup. Seems some of the Russian military is resentful of them too because they have good gear and actually get paid.
I think they are also sometimes used to prevent Russian Army from retreating, in the same way FSB and Kadyrov's men are used. Maybe someone else can confirm that.

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:42:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By TheFaz:

I've stayed away from this conversation for a while as I've become more read into it on the high side. I'll keep this very generic but I will say the amount of assistance we've given is staggering, beyond what you know at your level. I don't mean equipment either.

None of this is to take away from the bravery and abilities of the Ukranians actually doing the fighting. I will say that mutual learning is occurring and either validating our TTPs or in many cases causing us to rethink some things based on what we're seeing on the battlefield.
View Quote

I’ve happily been out of those spaces for over a year, but figured as much.

One of my last gigs was in the mission partner capabilities and info sharing world. Before that was at other places inside and outside of DoD.

Happy to hear that we are making improvements and sharpening what we have been doing and spinning up. I don’t think there is any less conflict coming our way in the next 20 years. China is a tremendous set of problems, orders of magnitude beyond this war. We are going to need all the friends we can get for that box of shit-filled Twinkies.

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:45:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Worst of all, in another thread I was called a boomer for supporting UA.

Im 34
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:

Worst of all, in another thread I was called a boomer for supporting UA.

Im 34

There are a bunch of cultural/political/tribal factors at play.

I see a tremendous amount of cynicism across the US population as one factor. We almost always assume there is a deeper or background or unspoken reason for whatever is said or happening, and that unknown reason will usually get assigned to something conforming to our worldview. Little is taken at face value.

Another aspect is the internet and social media has stripped away the veneer of civilized/polite speech. At one time, much of what I read these days would not have been tolerated in a face-to-face discussion since there would have been consequences. Sadly, what was learned as 'acceptable' on the internet has made its way into the face-to-face arena now.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:46:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Capta:

There is certainly every incentive on the Russian side to downplay UA capability and attribute all success to NATO.  That’s a standard Russian talking point.
What actually happened we will probably not know for years.
A story came out right after the Kharkiv offensive succeeded that Zelensky wanted an all-out offensive against Kherson and the UA wanted one in Kharkiv but only in Kharkiv.  The matter was referred for NATO advice and someone came up with “get both” - basically a fixing attack in Kherson followed by a main attack in Kharkiv.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeVcjJ2XoAUeMy2?format=png&name=medium

Jomini of the West has been outed.  

It’s amazing how little credit the Russians give the Ukrainians. In western reports the Ukrainian commander came up with the plan to pin the Russians in Kherson and overrun them in Kharkiv and I don’t think we have any reason to not believe that’s true. If the plan was to take SAPR classes and carry rucksacks for the females I would immediately suspect US Army involvement.

There is certainly every incentive on the Russian side to downplay UA capability and attribute all success to NATO.  That’s a standard Russian talking point.
What actually happened we will probably not know for years.
A story came out right after the Kharkiv offensive succeeded that Zelensky wanted an all-out offensive against Kherson and the UA wanted one in Kharkiv but only in Kharkiv.  The matter was referred for NATO advice and someone came up with “get both” - basically a fixing attack in Kherson followed by a main attack in Kharkiv.

I don't recall where I read this, but I think the Ukrainian's originally wanted to assault Kherson. Access to the Black Sea is important to preserve.

Given the topography of the southern region near Kherson, an assault would be very visible in the wide open fields and high casualties were expected.

Milley and others in our military war gamed a northern/eastern assault through the more wooded, hilly terrain of the area, and all 3 times they gamed out the northern/eastern option the Ukrainian's won; thus where we are now.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:49:03 AM EDT
[#50]
The Americans are here.

Also seen here.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeKLhXLX0AIajmF?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

*contemplates moving to Alaska so I can register my future tank for road use*
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2730 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top