Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2833 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 11:37:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ludder093:
China uses a lot of Russian stuff in their military.
View Quote

That was true 20 years ago, not so much today.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 11:42:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Well, a video was posted a few pages ago showing a battlefield execution, so...

War crimes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

May be bs, but based on events, more likely official guidance to new orcs.

Edit. My bad, this is from September so likely already posted.

Well, a video was posted a few pages ago showing a battlefield execution, so...

War crimes.

That's fucked up if it's factual.. I really don't doubt it is true.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 11:52:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

Very good @RolandofGilead . I will be reading tomorrow - I've been studying it since the 80s.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
On the topic of Russian propaganda and their infiltration into western institutions, this report is long but worth a read. You will note some tactics that we have seen in GD, and those on Twitter will absolutely recognize them.

https://www.underminers.info/s/Smagliy_Hybrid-Analytica_10-2018_upd.pdf

TL:DR
This report concludes that the Russian government pursues a coherent and well-coordinated "knowledge weaponization" strategy that has five inter-related components:1) engagement of Kremlin-linked Russian think tanks in the design of domestic and international communication strategies for the Putin regime;
2) establishment of influence centers abroad, which operate as think tanks, academic Russian study centers, cultural centers, various associations of Russian-speaking immigrants, etc.;
3) use of private, typically oligarch-sponsored, actors to promote the Kremlin's interests in the West;
4) reliance on Russian intelligence in the Kremlin's information warfare and infiltration of other countries through the network of agents of influence;
5) pursuit of a deliberate policy of employing Russian state or oligarch-controlled media as mul- tipliers, promoters and/or validators of pro-Kremlin narratives and messaging.

2.2. The Kremlin's Neo-Conservative Doctrine
The Kremlin's answer to this riddle took the form of the new ideological doctrine of "sovereign de- mocracy" (democracy without the rule of law, democratic values or the separation of power), which then evolved into the Russian "neo-conservatism doctrine," featuring the following elements:30
1) promotion of the concept of the superiority of Russians and the Russian state compared to other nations, and the glorification of Russia as the world's leading defender of "true" Christianity, morality, family and other conservative values;
2)revisionism of Russian/Soviet history and whitewashing of Soviet leaders, including Jo- seph Stalin; denial of Moscow's responsibility for mass crimes committed against the Rus- sian people as well as other nations of the USSR and abroad, particularly the 1932-33 genocide against Ukrainians; glorification of Russia's role in the World War Second victory over Nazi Germany and silencing the role of other nations in this success;
3)denial of Russia's responsibility for international aggression, including the war in Georgia in 2008 and the subsequent occupation of parts of its territory, de-facto occupation of parts of Moldova, and the ongoing undeclared war against Ukraine which has so far re- sulted in the illegal annexation of Crimea and the military occupation of Ukraine's eastern territories;4) 5) 6) 7)

4)dehumanizing Ukrainians; bashing Ukraine's culture and language; promoting narratives of fascist revival and anti-Semitism in Ukraine; misrepresenting Ukraine's current govern- ment as a Western puppet committed to neo-Nazi ideologies; discrediting Ukraine's post- Euromaidan reforms as incompetent; portraying Ukraine as a "failed" and "corrupt" state that is not worthy of Western support;

5)blaming the West for the Cold War and portraying Western sanctions against Russia as a return to a "morally bankrupt" and "unjust" "Cold War mentality";
criticism of the West for the "loss of its moral compass" and "degeneracy"; mocking Western concepts of human rights and democracy; accusing the West of double stand- ards;
6)hyperbolic focus on the West's economic and political troubles, which are misrepre- sented as inherent societal failures; support for anti-establishment groups and radical rightist and leftist ideologies in Europe and North America which are often misrepre- sented as legitimate voices speaking on behalf of whole societies;

Saved for later reading!

Very good @RolandofGilead . I will be reading tomorrow - I've been studying it since the 80s.

Glad you guys enjoyed.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 12:08:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Not sure if this has been posted yet but if true this Is big news.
Wagner officer seeking aslum is willing to testify against Russia on war crimes.

https://news.yahoo.com/wagner-mercenary-fsb-officer-seeking-083200634.html
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 12:18:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Harlikwin:

View All Quotes

They're still buying Russian jet engines...
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 12:25:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

Very good post. You raise a lot of valid points, and I'll have to give a lot of them some thought.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Allowing the Russians another crack from Belarusian territory, that I can see.
Joining in the party?  Huge downside, little upside.  I don’t see it, unless Putin has literally executed a silent coup in Belarus and has Lukashenko hostage.
Could be trying to provoke a response from Ukraine.

They are coming from Belarus again. RU is too desperate for men and equipment to send them to Belarus as a distraction.  

Belarus is doing a "covert" mobilization. I'm 50:50 on actual Belarussian troops entering Ukraine or just getting ready in case Poland (or Ukraine) gets sick of their shit and come calling for Lukashenko.

I see this as the last option for Putin: They know they lost and their only chance for some partial success is to put pressure on Kiev and get them to negotiate or withdraw enough troops from the East so Russia can take the rest of the 4 annexed regions.

I’ll throw in an outside the box scenario.
Rumor is that Belarus is undergoing (or about to undergo) some sort of crypto-mobilization.
What if Lukashenko is playing the double game and his crypto mobilization is meant to secure his regime against the RUSSIANS when he turns coat?

I know that you've promoted the idea that Lukashenko is a potential mole/double agent/defector for months, but respectfully, I'm not really buying it. Nothing indicates that he's willing to defect; all the evidence simply indicates that thus far, he hasn't been willing to directly commit troops due to the precarious position he would find himself in if he did. Presently, I feel as though we may have finally reached the point in which Putin has bribed/threatened Lukashenko into directly deploying forces to Ukraine. He might not, as his forces would certainly get slaughtered and he may very well get dragged through the streets Qaddafi style by the Belarusian people, but still, I'd put it at about a 60/40 chance that Russia pushes through Belarus into Ukraine again with Lukashenko's consent.

We don’t know his intentions and I’ve never said that.
What I’ve tried to do is to look at Lukashenko’s actions and positioning from the perspective of “what is this consistent with?  What is possible?”  Not “what is the convenient propaganda view?”
The conventional wisdom here and elsewhere is that Lukashenko is a buffoon and a toady.  I believe the facts say otherwise.  He didn’t invade (on 2/24) when there was every incentive to do so and little apparent reason not to.  This is almost certainly not by chance.  He either had access to better information than Putin or evaluated the information he had much better than Putin.
In the very early days when stuff started going brown for Russia he didn't throw reserves in when it would have been reasonable to do so, indicating again he was actively making intelligent decisions for his interests.  And he has kept Belarus mostly out of the war despite what must have been intense pressure from Putin, indicating he isn’t just a puppet.
After that, what are his interests?  How does he achieve them?  What is his endgame?  Putin is clearly “playing out the string” hoping to draw 4 cards to a straight flush, or win on a bluff.  Lukashenko, I believe, is not “playing out the string.”  He has options outside of a Gotterdammerung finale with Putin.  So how does he get there?  What are his actions consistent with?  Could they be consistent with more than one option?
Take crypto mobilization.  If one doesn’t bother to go beyond the “toady” impression, then mobilization is to help Russia invade Ukraine again.  (Which Lukashenko has refused to do for 8 months.). However, factually, mobilization only provides an increased capability to exert policy through force.  You plan for capabilities, not intents.  Lukashenko will have a larger, somewhat more capable military to be used for an unknown intent.  That is what we can factually say.
I argue that this capability is equally consistent with the desire to secure his regime against Russia, as it is to invade Ukraine.

Very good post. You raise a lot of valid points, and I'll have to give a lot of them some thought.

Couple of other things to note:
1)There are many examples of nations turning coat when their interests (often survival) demand it.  In WW2, Italy, Finland, Bulgaria, and Romania all turned coat outright, and you could make cases for the USSR and Vichy France.  If the war appears to be going irretrievably against one faction, it should surprise no one for the lesser partners to bail out if they can.  Now, maybe we aren’t yet at that point with Russia/Belarus but it should be kept in mind.
2)It was rumored a few months ago that Lukashenko had convinced Putin to hand over an unknown (but probably limited) number of Iskander SRBMs with nuclear warheads.  If true, the conventional wisdom would be that Lukashenko wanted an independent deterrent force against Poland and perhaps even internally, and Putin agreed it was necessary.  However, as with mobilization, a nuclear deterrent force is agnostic.  It is also consistent for this to be a nuclear deterrent against Russia.  If Lukashenko has control over a small number of nukes (or believes he can obtain control) then that plus a semi-mobilized army would - objectively - give him the capability to turn coat and get away with it.  This is equally consistent with the “intent” to use these capabilities deter Poland.  It can even be consistent with both simultaneously.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 12:30:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
Not sure if this has been posted yet but if true this Is big news.
Wagner officer seeking aslum is willing to testify against Russia on war crimes.

https://news.yahoo.com/wagner-mercenary-fsb-officer-seeking-083200634.html
View Quote

I saw that yesterday and it was being questioned because no French news agencies were running the story.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 12:44:14 AM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes

They're working on that...

China's J-20 Stealth Fighter: Now with Chinese Engines? - January 10, 2021
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 12:46:30 AM EDT
[#9]

1)There are many examples of nations turning coat when their interests (often survival) demand it.  In WW2, Italy, Finland, Bulgaria, and Romania all turned coat outright, and you could make cases for the USSR and Vichy France.  If the war appears to be going irretrievably against one faction, it should surprise no one for the lesser partners to bail out if they can.  Now, maybe we aren’t yet at that point with Russia/Belarus but it should be kept in mind.
2)It was rumored a few months ago that Lukashenko had convinced Putin to hand over an unknown (but probably limited) number of Iskander SRBMs with nuclear warheads.  If true, the conventional wisdom would be that Lukashenko wanted an independent deterrent force against Poland and perhaps even internally, and Putin agreed it was necessary.  However, as with mobilization, a nuclear deterrent force is agnostic.  It is also consistent for this to be a nuclear deterrent against Russia.  If Lukashenko has control over a small number of nukes (or believes he can obtain control) then that plus a semi-mobilized army would - objectively - give him the capability to turn coat and get away with it.  This is equally consistent with the “intent” to use these capabilities deter Poland.  It can even be consistent with both simultaneously.
View All Quotes

Allowing the Russians another crack from Belarusian territory, that I can see.
Joining in the party?  Huge downside, little upside.  I don’t see it, unless Putin has literally executed a silent coup in Belarus and has Lukashenko hostage.
Could be trying to provoke a response from Ukraine.

They are coming from Belarus again. RU is too desperate for men and equipment to send them to Belarus as a distraction.  

Belarus is doing a "covert" mobilization. I'm 50:50 on actual Belarussian troops entering Ukraine or just getting ready in case Poland (or Ukraine) gets sick of their shit and come calling for Lukashenko.

I see this as the last option for Putin: They know they lost and their only chance for some partial success is to put pressure on Kiev and get them to negotiate or withdraw enough troops from the East so Russia can take the rest of the 4 annexed regions.

I’ll throw in an outside the box scenario.
Rumor is that Belarus is undergoing (or about to undergo) some sort of crypto-mobilization.
What if Lukashenko is playing the double game and his crypto mobilization is meant to secure his regime against the RUSSIANS when he turns coat?

I know that you've promoted the idea that Lukashenko is a potential mole/double agent/defector for months, but respectfully, I'm not really buying it. Nothing indicates that he's willing to defect; all the evidence simply indicates that thus far, he hasn't been willing to directly commit troops due to the precarious position he would find himself in if he did. Presently, I feel as though we may have finally reached the point in which Putin has bribed/threatened Lukashenko into directly deploying forces to Ukraine. He might not, as his forces would certainly get slaughtered and he may very well get dragged through the streets Qaddafi style by the Belarusian people, but still, I'd put it at about a 60/40 chance that Russia pushes through Belarus into Ukraine again with Lukashenko's consent.

We don’t know his intentions and I’ve never said that.
What I’ve tried to do is to look at Lukashenko’s actions and positioning from the perspective of “what is this consistent with?  What is possible?”  Not “what is the convenient propaganda view?”
The conventional wisdom here and elsewhere is that Lukashenko is a buffoon and a toady.  I believe the facts say otherwise.  He didn’t invade (on 2/24) when there was every incentive to do so and little apparent reason not to.  This is almost certainly not by chance.  He either had access to better information than Putin or evaluated the information he had much better than Putin.
In the very early days when stuff started going brown for Russia he didn't throw reserves in when it would have been reasonable to do so, indicating again he was actively making intelligent decisions for his interests.  And he has kept Belarus mostly out of the war despite what must have been intense pressure from Putin, indicating he isn’t just a puppet.
After that, what are his interests?  How does he achieve them?  What is his endgame?  Putin is clearly “playing out the string” hoping to draw 4 cards to a straight flush, or win on a bluff.  Lukashenko, I believe, is not “playing out the string.”  He has options outside of a Gotterdammerung finale with Putin.  So how does he get there?  What are his actions consistent with?  Could they be consistent with more than one option?
Take crypto mobilization.  If one doesn’t bother to go beyond the “toady” impression, then mobilization is to help Russia invade Ukraine again.  (Which Lukashenko has refused to do for 8 months.). However, factually, mobilization only provides an increased capability to exert policy through force.  You plan for capabilities, not intents.  Lukashenko will have a larger, somewhat more capable military to be used for an unknown intent.  That is what we can factually say.
I argue that this capability is equally consistent with the desire to secure his regime against Russia, as it is to invade Ukraine.

Now there is some food for thought. Looked at through the same detached lens of history it certainly wouldn't be all that strange for a country to abruptly change sides or attempt to entirely withdraw from conflict like that.

Interesting indeed.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:52:22 AM EDT
[#10]
''Hard to see how Putin survives this'': War in Ukraine is ''at a tipping point''
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 3:40:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 4:15:43 AM EDT
[#12]

Seemingly images of the training accident where there was a difference of views among conscripts on the range
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 4:52:04 AM EDT
[#13]

Reported footage from Belgorod Airport. Looks like orc SAMs launching, and at least 1 or 2 incoming missiles hitting.

Hard to tell from the jerky footage, but it could be the SAM systems being targeted?
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 4:56:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

That's fucked up if it's factual.. I really don't doubt it is true.
View Quote

Yall gotta look into the child abductions and forced relocations.

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 5:09:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By AnalogKid:

Capable of rough terrain travel?

There's a hydraulic/pneumatic mast company (Will-Burt) near my AO. A Grad or Smerch fitted with one of these for support of radio antennas would make for a neat mobile platform.

K0UA could definitely relate.
View Quote

Absolutely. They are legendary trucks and known for this.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 5:55:10 AM EDT
[#16]
I'd be happier if they committed to annihilating Russia's military. Not just the Army.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 6:37:46 AM EDT
[#17]

Thus, they lack some creativity and especially individual initiative. But damn they want IT so bad and will only make a move when they are sure. China is also very smart and analytical and will learn everything they can about war.

But war is chaos and all the good plans and schemes go to shit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

Maybe a few tactical things, but nothing that'll be of great use to them.  Dictatorships and especially Communists cannot leave Highly Centralized commands. They cannot allow any threats to their power come up through the military ranks.

They will lose a war before they're willing to get Ghaddafi'd.

Thus, they lack some creativity and especially individual initiative. But damn they want IT so bad and will only make a move when they are sure. China is also very smart and analytical and will learn everything they can about war.

But war is chaos and all the good plans and schemes go to shit.

China has smart people, no doubt.  But, will Xi listen to any of them?

Supposedly he has surrounded himself with “yes men,” just as Putin did.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:00:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:05:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Dominion21:

China has smart people, no doubt.  But, will Xi listen to any of them?

Supposedly he has surrounded himself with "yes men," just as Putin did.  
View Quote
Xi's decision making has been completely terrible the last three or four years (which coincidentally would be shortly after he revealed his dictatorship aspirations by declining to name an understudy as was customary after his first five year term to replace him after his second term, ending now).  Some of his epic fuckups are at best explicable as the price he's willing for all of China to pay to tear down his rivals and build his personality cult, but that's short term thinking on his part.  He may have eliminated hundreds of prominent opponents but he's replacing them with tens of millions of disaffected citizens.  A lot of international business is packing up their shit and heading for more rational pastures.  He's begging for a disastrous war with his best trade partners well before he has a military that could prevail.  Chinese diplomacy is a total shitshow, polls on global trust in China has fallen like a rock to all time lows.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:07:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Prime:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfHMZkWXwAAu2M1?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

That analysis claims the Plutonium cores have expired...Plutonium has a half life of 24,000 years.

It's my understanding that the Tritium (like in gunsights, watches, and ACOGs) is what goes bad in nukes, and needs to be swapped out every 20 years for them to be able to achieve Fusion.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:15:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lightning_P38] [#21]
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:39:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#22]
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:43:01 AM EDT
[#23]

Sweet, about time that smug pr*ck suffers some adversity.
View Quote

Go Dawgs!!!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:52:23 AM EDT
[#24]

Reported footage from Belgorod Airport. Looks like orc SAMs launching, and at least 1 or 2 incoming missiles hitting.

Hard to tell from the jerky footage, but it could be the SAM systems being targeted?
View Quote

They targeted the fuck out of that SAM site

Had to be a harm missile
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 8:05:58 AM EDT
[#25]

????????? TERRA: ???????? ??????? ??? ?? ??????????. ??????? 1.

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 8:22:45 AM EDT
[#26]

But it blows all my sci-fi fantasy movies away. I now look at stormtroopers in "Imperial Walkers" and idiots running around blasting away at each other as silly now. Apparently autonomous, super fast, man-seeking mini drones will be 1000X deadlier than any Terminator.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sq40:

It really is fascinating to watch in real time.  The most interesting part to me is how quickly ad-hock technologies are coming into play from all areas.  You have civilian drones dropping grenades, and then three months later a commercial drone with six mortars and professional targeting shows up.  Now you have quad copters with ATGMs.  The soldiers with the best xbox controller skills will become some of the most lethal.

But it blows all my sci-fi fantasy movies away. I now look at stormtroopers in "Imperial Walkers" and idiots running around blasting away at each other as silly now. Apparently autonomous, super fast, man-seeking mini drones will be 1000X deadlier than any Terminator.

The Phantom Menace was probably a little closer to reality than anyone realized.  You need bodies to occupy areas.  The drone swarms though, those will be the battlefield terrors.  The new Robocop remake, which I really enjoyed, scene in Iran, is probably what we are going to get in the near future.

In this conflict, drones and robotics are a true renaissance in real time.  Without air superiority like we had running our Reapers and Predators, true battlefield robotics are now being developed.  We have interestingly skipped the ground assault versions in favor of stealthy flying machines.  Ukraine using copter drones has been utterly devastating.

Of course, counter drone technology is coming along.  Ukraine recently showed off a drone killing drone, that looks like a quad copter mixed with a rocket ship.  It will be interesting to see if it can dogfight enemy drones effectively.

I think point defense drone systems will be the next big thing.  First large truck mount vehicles, or system like the Gepard, or mobile Phalanx systems.  Then perhaps backpack sized units that a team can deploy while in the field to protect themselves. Imagine a backpack  with a small power source, radar, optics pod, and a robot arm with a belt or drum fed 12ga sized shotgun.

Hell, if they can cut .50bmg brass, use a little powder, shot cup, and pack in a an anti-drone tungsten load, they can use existing links and parts to engineer a lighter weight automatic shotgun solution for drones. A .50 cut before the neck is 3.00, just like a 12ga, and only like five tenths of an inch in diameter smaller.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 8:27:35 AM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 8:28:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

That analysis claims the Plutonium cores have expired...Plutonium has a half life of 24,000 years.

It's my understanding that the Tritium (like in gunsights, watches, and ACOGs) is what goes bad in nukes, and needs to be swapped out every 20 years for them to be able to achieve Fusion.
View All Quotes

It’s my understanding tritium is yield inducing.

It would still go off but poor tritium means *poof* instead of *BOOM!*.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 8:30:15 AM EDT
[#29]
This week from Perun

"Deadly Skies" Air Defence In Ukraine - Drones, SAMs, and Attrition

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 8:35:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Fashionably dressed UA MWD.

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 8:38:41 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

That was interesting, it did look like the guy filming caught the firing SAM site getting hit.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 8:39:59 AM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 8:42:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 8:43:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 8:44:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 8:51:03 AM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Tritium has a half life of 12.5 years, IIRC.

Depending on the energy budget of the primary in a multistage weapon or the desired boosting factor of a single-stage, you want to change it out a lot sooner than that.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 8:51:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Saw the reference before, now I see it's a thing in Ukraine.

Compare to:

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 8:53:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 8:56:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Fragments reportedly from the Belograd airport.

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 8:57:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By kncook:

View All Quotes

Yield boosting.

"Inducing" would be the flood of neutrons into the Pit immediately prior to the explosive lens being set off. This is accomplished by a neutron generator. Tritium undergoes fusion as a result of the compression forces caused by the Pit imploding. It releases more neutrons...which aid in more 239Pu fissioning before the Pit blows itself apart.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 8:58:44 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

And what do the red squares signify?
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 8:59:27 AM EDT
[#42]

Yield boosting.

"Inducing" would be the flood of neutrons into the Pit immediately prior to the explosive lens being set off. This is accomplished by a neutron generator. Tritium undergoes fusion as a result of the compression forces caused by the Pit imploding. It releases more neutrons...which aid in more 239Pu fissioning before the Pit blows itself apart.
View All Quotes

Yield boosting.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:00:05 AM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:02:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#44]

Video here:

These could be the regular unguided 122mm rockets, but interesting when you can see them coming in regardless.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:03:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By LurkerII:

View All Quotes

In English it says "No Hold"
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:05:11 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

I’m assuming the English writing.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:05:13 AM EDT
[#47]

Play out the scenario:
Lukashenko calls up reserves through various means while assuring Putin he will eventually do something, while actually delaying.  This is consistent with Belarus’ entire war effort.
Russian mobilized reserves attack Ukraine from Belarus but Belarus doesn’t join in.  Russian supply lines run through Belarus.
The second Russian northern front gets bogged down inside Ukraine as expected.
Lukashenko turns coat and cuts off supplies to the Russian Kiev group, puts HIS army on the border and says “tough shit, Russkies.”
Huge Russian force lost, Lukashenko pays his dues to the west, Putin unable to do anything about it.
Just a thought exercise on what Lukashenko would be in position to do.  What he intends to do is unknown.
View Quote

It's possible but too remote to consider.
I think Lukashenko has a similar mentality as Putin but with the added "benefit" of being in a much less stable domestic situation. Also add in that Lukashenko is totally dependent of Putin for his seat in office (and his life) if that aid every gets cut off.

Lukashenko may also know that Putin will go all the way in regards to Ukraine and he did the "math" (Must style) and his best chance of survival is IF Putin "wins" without nukes rather than Putin "winning" with nukes.

Lukashenko needs his own troops to stay in power rather than dying in Ukraine. But he needs Putin's support and Putin's troops MORE to stay in power.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:05:48 AM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:07:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Should say "No Holds Barred" but I'm in a "Fuck the Orcs" mood lately.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:08:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#50]

This means we can send ATACMS now, right?  It's only fair at this point.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2833 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top