Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3000 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:03:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#1]
3k baby!

Ukrainian drones drop bombs on Russian frontline soldiers

Btw my FiL just called me after first texting me. So he’s definitely seen all of my troll photos regarding Kherson. First thing I told him over the phone when I answered: З С У(ZSU)!!!

Lol, he immediately started talking about a pop up he got for windows 11 lmao on his computer. 😂
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:08:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Good thread here. Mobilization is going to be increasingly hard as word gets back home.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:10:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By toaster:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'm not crying, it's my allergies.  Been that kind of morning with some of the scenes.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:10:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By gatetraveller:

This is exactly the kind of thing that made me want to punch all of the so called Republicans who decry supporting Ukraine in the face. That and all the dead children.

It's not fake, I don't give a Shit how corrupt you think the Ukrainian government is. These people are suffering at the hands of the Russians and deserve any help that we can give!
View All Quotes

This is exactly the kind of thing that made me want to punch all of the so called Republicans who decry supporting Ukraine in the face. That and all the dead children.

It's not fake, I don't give a Shit how corrupt you think the Ukrainian government is. These people are suffering at the hands of the Russians and deserve any help that we can give!

This!
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:15:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#5]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

Look at who you're dealing with, though. I remember very few usernames, other than the people in this thread and in the mil forum, but I do remember his. That's because I pegged him as fuckin moron in my first 10 minutes on arfcom.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

Look at who you're dealing with, though. I remember very few usernames, other than the people in this thread and in the mil forum, but I do remember his. That's because I pegged him as fuckin moron in my first 10 minutes on arfcom.

Originally Posted By triode:

Lots of coward posters in the other threads.  They hid in their basements to throw shade on Ukrainians who are fighting and dying to save their own country.  

I’m surprised that the post wasn’t removed by a mod considering that he was advocating murder all because someone was just asking for help. We’re not even talking about antifa or leftists here who advocate for our death just he same. Just a people that want to be free and left alone…
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:15:40 PM EDT
[#6]
wow, 3,000 pages.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:18:23 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:21:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Lots of wrecked orc equipment, Chornobaivka airfield, Kherson region.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:23:42 PM EDT
[#9]
In on 3k!

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:23:47 PM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

My goodness, that's amazing. These poor people have been through hell amd back and still do all they can to stay positive and rebuild and do the best to be happy in life..  here in the states we have a hurricane or tornado ravaged town and we end up with looters and welfare lines of folks fighting each other for the free handouts...
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:24:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AROKIE] [#11]
Dang double tap.

Man 3000 pages! Here's to all the ones who wake up and the first thing they do is check this thread, lol

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:25:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Allegedly fighting going on in the Kinburn peninsula.

That's across the river in the black sea.

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:29:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By DASJUDEN:

Without going into details, there is a whole lot of hand holding going on with the Ukrainians by outside entities in regards to higher level staff functions.  While the Ukrainians are good at certain things there are other countries that are better at doing those same things. To say that a country is the #2 military in the world when they are effectively relying on outside entities for a large portion of their logistics, intel, training and force generation is the part I take issue with.
View Quote

And I am totally OK with the hand holding.

This war might mean we finally get serious about SFABs, both as a national capability and as a viable career path for some officers and NCOs.

Considering what (I felt) was such a wasted effort for the last 10-20 years in IRQ and AFG, I am gratified to see some people taking our lessons and support to heart.

I am also not terribly surprised with where you say we are helping, because it would be incredibly difficult for ANY country to create the kinds of things that we have and take for granted, such as NTC and JRTC. We have those things IMO, basically because we are a wealthy country and could make the investment ever since WWII.

The Ukrainians are "building the airplane in flight", and they just don't have the time or depth on the bench to develop those mid- and senior-grades in more niche areas. They could do it on their own, but at the cost of filling more body bags.

Like...I sort of can't wrap my head around how they are trying to get away from whole categories of Soviet equipment at the same time they are trying to fight a war, then receiving multiple variants of other donated vehicles from former WP countries...and keeping all that shit repaired, fueled, and armed.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:33:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Some of you guys were having trouble viewing the epic Stugna ambush, you can try these links.

Reddit here

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/yteagw/special_unit_omega_of_the_ukrainian_national/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:35:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

I’m surprised that the post wasn’t removed by a mod considering that he was advocating murder all because someone was just asking for help. We’re not even talking about antifa or leftists here who advocate for our death just he same. Just a people that want to be free and left alone…
View Quote

3000 pages; it is sad to see all the unecessary death and destruction as well as human suffering.  For humanity's sake, let's hope this thread does not make it to 4000.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:36:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:36:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

Good thread here. Mobilization is going to be increasingly hard as word gets back home.
View Quote

Good find.  God what a waste!
Anecdotes like these (and there are many) raise some interesting questions.  Is Russia incapable of training right now?  Are they just throwing everyone right into the meat-grinder?  Or are they throwing in what they have to while training most in Russia?  Reports were that Russia had sent their training units to fight in Ukraine over the summer, but it’s possible they could rebuild them by pulling experienced troops out of Ukraine.  What is the real state of the Russian training establishment?
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:37:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

This war might mean we finally get serious about SFABs, both as a national capability and as a viable career path for some officers and NCOs.

Considering what (I felt) was such a wasted effort for the last 10-20 years in IRQ and AFG, I am gratified to see some people taking our lessons and support to heart.

I am also not terribly surprised with where you say we are helping, because it would be incredibly difficult for ANY country to create the kinds of things that we have and take for granted, such as NTC and JRTC. We have those things IMO, basically because we are a wealthy country and could make the investment ever since WWII.

The Ukrainians are "building the airplane in flight", and they just don't have the time or depth on the bench to develop those mid- and senior-grades in more niche areas. They could do it on their own, but at the cost of filling more body bags.

Like...I sort of can't wrap my head around how they are trying to get away from whole categories of Soviet equipment at the same time they are trying to fight a war, then receiving multiple variants of other donated vehicles from former WP countries...and keeping all that shit repaired, fueled, and armed.
View Quote

As much as I'd like to think the Army will recognize the utility of SFABs I just don't see it happening. Most of our training of the Ukrainians at least during prewar (I came home in January) wasn't being conducted by the SFABs, hell I'm a CAB guy and I was training them along with ABCT and IBCT guys. I don't think the Army has figured out just exactly what to do with the SFAB concept or that they have the desire to do so and with the shift from COIN to LSCO I can see it very easily getting overlooked.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:37:30 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

LAWD, GIMME DA STRENKTH
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:37:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Some of you guys were having trouble viewing the epic Stugna ambush, you can try these links.

Reddit here

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/yteagw/special_unit_omega_of_the_ukrainian_national/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb
View Quote

Hawt dam
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:41:40 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:46:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
Dang double tap.

Man 3000 pages! Here's to all the ones who wake up and the first thing they do is check this thread, lol

View Quote

Sometimes I smack my wife on the ass first. Depends on my mood.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:47:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By kncook:

There’s some serious damage being done to conservatism in America with these dumb fucks running around with a “R” by their name.
View Quote

Yeah it’s definitely made me question my previous near unconditional loyalty to conservatives and Republicans.  Not saying that I’d vote for a Democrat but the behavior of some prominent conservative mouth pieces regarding Ukraine has me reevaluating things for sure.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:47:51 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:48:35 PM EDT
[#26]

Russian lend-lease to UA continues
View Quote

The Russians left all the ammo but took alley the pallets, pallet jacks, hi-los and hand trucks with them! Sneaky bastards! Now all that ammo will have to be moved by hand!
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:49:56 PM EDT
[#27]
In on 3000!

Fuck Russia.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:50:29 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

I feel like the long held assumption of Winter time weather stopping offensives is what Ukraine wants them to believe.

I think that’s something that modern ware fare won’t have a big issue with. It would be harder for both sides but offensives will go on. Hard frozen ground may be great for movement as well. Spring mud is what’s tough.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:51:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
https://i.redd.it/cn72iafd9jz91.png
View Quote

Hahahahahaha!

Super!
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:51:55 PM EDT
[#30]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhWP_BFWQAA8FJn?format=jpg&name=900x900

View Quote

Lol. Pretty sure the “Capitol of the Russian Ukraine region” will be eventually moved to Rostov-on-Don. Lol.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:52:57 PM EDT
[#31]

Reddit here

View Quote
Thanks got it. Such a great thread with all the war news i can't believe i've read all 3000 pages..
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:53:02 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

From further down in that thread, some comments from a Russian soldier during the First Chechen War. Anything sound familiar?

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:54:58 PM EDT
[#33]
There is still plenty of support for Putin among the young and old.

The last lady seems to have her head screwed on straight. There is an actual brain in there not just a pretty face.

What young Russians think about Putin?
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:55:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Lancet strike against Ukrainian forces, seems to damage a vehicle but everyone gets out.  Again, mother drone is almost directly overhead when the attack drone is launched.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/yt7ic8/russian_lancet_uav_missing_ukrainian_vehicle_the/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:56:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:56:59 PM EDT
[#36]

I feel like the long held assumption of Winter time weather stopping offensives is what Ukraine wants them to believe.

I think that’s something that modern ware fare won’t have a big issue with. It would be harder for both sides but offensives will go on. Hard frozen ground may be great for movement as well. Spring mud is what’s tough.
View All Quotes

Just my opinion, but I have no doubt Ukraine is going to do some offensive in the winter.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:57:09 PM EDT
[#37]

As much as I'd like to think the Army will recognize the utility of SFABs I just don't see it happening. Most of our training of the Ukrainians at least during prewar (I came home in January) wasn't being conducted by the SFABs, hell I'm a CAB guy and I was training them along with ABCT and IBCT guys. I don't think the Army has figured out just exactly what to do with the SFAB concept or that they have the desire to do so and with the shift from COIN to LSCO I can see it very easily getting overlooked.
View Quote

You're right. When a conventional unit can just go on exercises with partner countries and train the same tasks they would for their own work-up, you get most of the benefit, without the Army having to support some weird side-show career path.

I think that is an oversight, because you lose a lot of continuity without a dedicated training team, and you could completely miss certain niche things that conventional units don't have time or personnel to become expert at, but that is exactly what they will do.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:57:55 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

The strength of the US soldier is his/her versatility.  Even though not their primary mission to train others, they did a fine job at it.  What other militaries could send their "normal" troops and have them train up an Army.   And a large number of the trainers were National Guard, not even full time soldiers (one of the guys I work with went last year).

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:59:31 PM EDT
[#39]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhWP_BFWQAA8FJn?format=jpg&name=900x900

View Quote

I really hope they make it to liberate the towns on the coast. Still have friends in Berdyansk, some of which i haven't heard anything from since this began.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 4:59:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 5:00:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Swampgrass:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Swampgrass:
Dang double tap.

Lol, of course! Gotta take care of those priorities
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 5:06:09 PM EDT
[#42]

Reddit here

View Quote

Thanks, that is an awesome video!  I swear we saw a snippet of that one a week or so ago and speculated that it could be part of a bigger video.  Just imagine what we’ll see when the war winds down and operational security isn’t a factor.
Who wants to bet that it was a totally clueless mobik unit with full BMPs?  In fairness, they may have been confused by the arty fire, and thought that the best option was to gun it and get out of the arty barrage.  So they just kept plowing forward until they were all gone.  Casualties were probably high.
Also worth considering if the UA used a little arty precisely for this reason - to distract/confuse the crews and conceal their losses to ATGM fire.  I recall there was another video way earlier in the war which may have shown this tactic.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 5:10:57 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Man, please ease up on the acronyms.  
I have no idea what you just tried to say.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 5:14:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Eat_Beef:
I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but...

I remember back in the Kharkiv offensive, thinking, man, the Ukes are really putting it to them, they must be killing thousands.  But the official numbers never got that high, maybe the 6-700 range.  I had the same thought on this Kherson run.  We're hearing that it's a total rout, there are 20k RF soldiers with no chance of escape, they're getting slaughtered by arty.  Then the numbers come in and it's 7-800 a day.

I'm sorry, but it's a colossal failure that they let that many enemy soldiers escape across a river without cutting them a whole lot deeper than they did.

Either there is a whole lot of wishful thinking going on with the major twitter guys referenced in this thread, or UA is barely muddling through.  This is twice now that everyone is declaring a rout, and the official numbers are up 2-% from an average day.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're advancing, but this just doesn't add up.  Either there were a lot less RF forces on the right bank than we were told, or UA did a poor job of roughing them up on their way out.  Those guys are going to be a LOT harder to deal with on the left bank than they were on the right.
View Quote

I thought the same as you.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 5:16:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Eat_Beef:
I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but...

I remember back in the Kharkiv offensive, thinking, man, the Ukes are really putting it to them, they must be killing thousands.  But the official numbers never got that high, maybe the 6-700 range.  I had the same thought on this Kherson run.  We're hearing that it's a total rout, there are 20k RF soldiers with no chance of escape, they're getting slaughtered by arty.  Then the numbers come in and it's 7-800 a day.

I'm sorry, but it's a colossal failure that they let that many enemy soldiers escape across a river without cutting them a whole lot deeper than they did.

Either there is a whole lot of wishful thinking going on with the major twitter guys referenced in this thread, or UA is barely muddling through.  This is twice now that everyone is declaring a rout, and the official numbers are up 2-% from an average day.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're advancing, but this just doesn't add up.  Either there were a lot less RF forces on the right bank than we were told, or UA did a poor job of roughing them up on their way out.  Those guys are going to be a LOT harder to deal with on the left bank than they were on the right.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 5:17:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By dp226:

The strength of the US soldier is his/her versatility.  Even though not their primary mission to train others, they did a fine job at it.  What other militaries could send their "normal" troops and have them train up an Army.   And a large number of the trainers were National Guard, not even full time soldiers (one of the guys I work with went last year).

View Quote

It is, but I'd rather be using what limited time I have training my own guys up to standard. Without going into details (because it'll trigger at least a 2 page rant) there's a reckoning occurring in Army Aviation, we're very bottom heavy right now and we really need to devote our time to training our new guys up. Having the SFABs around so an E6 can spend 2 weeks teaching integrating rotary wing attack aviation into a ground maneuver plan or the basics of reconnaissance and security operations would free guys like me up to get our junior guys up to speed at just being pilots. I totally see the value of having the SFABs around if for nothing else that it buys me more time to devote to my own guys.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 5:20:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By HDLS:
Originally Posted By LJ6798:
Originally Posted By Prime:
Originally Posted By stgdz:

I look forward to the stories of the partisans.

Same. They seem to really be making them a priority.

That's Awesome to see! She loves her country and was willing to risk everything to help defend it. BRAVO! To her and thr many others who work behind the lines in the shadows

Where can I find out what kind of tactics partisans use against an occupying army?
Other than shooting a couple of them which would be a suicide mission.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/367483/Screen_Shot_2022-11-12_at_9_20_13_AM-2597494.png

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/367483/Screen_Shot_2022-11-12_at_9_18_51_AM-2597496.png

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

MissingImage

MissingImage

MissingImage

Link Posted: 11/12/2022 5:22:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

Man, please ease up on the acronyms.  
I have no idea what you just tried to say.
View Quote

Sorry I'm 2 months into a 4 month stay with Training and Doctrine Command. Here's the breakdown for you...
SFAB = Security Forces Assistance Brigade. CAB= Combat Aviation Brigade. ABCT= Armor Brigade Combat Team. IBCT= Infantry Brigade Combat Team. COIN= Counter Insurgency. LSCO= Large Scale Combat Operations.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 5:23:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Small CNN segment on Ukrainian efforts to send uniforms, boots, and personal hygiene items to their fighting ladies.

Field tool for female Ukrainian soldiers amazes Amanpour
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 5:23:32 PM EDT
[#50]

3000 pages; it is sad to see all the unecessary death and destruction as well as human suffering.  For humanity's sake, let's hope this thread does not make it to 4000.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Unfortunately, nearly guaranteed.  Almost any way the war ends there will be plenty to discuss between here and there.  Not to mention that it is (IMO) highly likely this doesn’t wind down overnight, and there will be aftershocks for the region well after the end of major fighting in Ukraine.  Russian internal upheaval 2023.  Belarus coup or turncoat 2023.  Georgia 2023 or 2024.  Chechnya 2024 or 2025.  I guess it depends on how pertinent it seems to discuss those topics as a part of this thread,  but I can easily see this thread going to 10,000.  People still don’t really understand that this isn’t a regional border dispute, this is a watershed event in modern history and will shape the world like WWI shaped the world after it.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3000 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top