Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3436 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 6:41:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

I Agree, it would be close to impossible to take Crimea with out a hell of alot more airpower, and better quality airpower.
View Quote

Cut off the water and supplies.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 6:47:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

Anyone else not having success with nitter.net anymore?
View Quote

I always get the tweet not found pop up, but if you refresh the page it works
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Russian drone watching a Ukrainian team ambush a Russian tank while trying to warn the tank.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/10ryo4f/ukr_atgm_team_hits_a_ru_tank_in_the_back_with_rpg/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 6:52:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Tank reload point. Propellant charges on the right and a pile of HE shells on the left.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/125mm_HE_jpg-2695272.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Tank reload point. Propellant charges on the right and a pile of HE shells on the left.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/125mm_HE_jpg-2695272.JPG

That's why this place is awesome, good eye.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 6:57:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

Speaking of Trump…..it has occurred to me that Zelenskyy is effectively doing what Trump had hoped to do and failed…..save the day and be hailed as a hero for it.
View Quote

Pretty much. The difference is Trump faces attack from all directions, and at least Zelensky has a unified populace and govt. The corruption he is worlds ahead on over Trump.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 7:00:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#6]
Interesting, can I see it with a telescope?

Photo over Montana.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 7:00:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By fervid_dryfire:

Silence implies consent.
View Quote

Sometimes it is best to not take the bait. Debate is one thing, thread shitting is another.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 7:04:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Russian Telegram.

https://t.me/mototroopers_205/895
#Feedback

Our "big" offensive will be a big meat grinder both for us and for them, again, as in World War II, we will throw bodies at the enemy ... I think this will be our last offensive before the complete collapse of Russia!
@ieZekiil_9

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 7:04:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Evil_Chaos:
Wow! All that thing needs is a missing turret and Telly Savales.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SoCalExile:
Ukrainian tank after a hard battle

Firing that gun gonna be like Pffffft
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 7:07:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Leopard 1 has entered the chat.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 7:13:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

I Agree, it would be close to impossible to take Crimea with out a hell of alot more airpower, and better quality airpower.

Yeah that was part of the reason for the Bridge. Crimea split off from Ukraine had to be resupplied by ship or bridge. Take those access points away and that place withers.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 7:30:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Well, technically we wont.  Europe will and we will be backfilling those countries contributions, or upgrading them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ludder093:

Well, technically we wont.  Europe will and we will be backfilling those countries contributions, or upgrading them.

That's the "operative" story this week (was that a clinton or fbho press secretary word of the week.  I don't remember but it was one of them)
It will change in a week or two.   But when it changes, bidet will slow walk it as much as he can until probably blinken or austin just do want they want to in spite of him or kamala.
If the Ukrainians make it through this, they will be wanting and buying something other than old soviet/russian built airplanes.  
So better that Lockheed or boeing gets the eventual orders for F-16s or Super Hornets, instead of grypens, rafales, or typhoons
But bidet proba doesnt think like that
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 7:36:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit8472] [#13]
"I'm 71, but I won't go home until we drive out this evil spirit" - a mortarman of the "Santa" unit | Uhman

"A volunteer of the "Santa" unit under the pseudonym "Grandfather" has been in the war for 6 years. He worked as an engineer all his life. When he retired, he did not want to stay at home. In 2016, he decided to go to war. What happened next, see in the interview."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIm1kqmKyQs
View Quote

This is your Ukrainian counterpart @biggrumpybear!!

Don’t mess with ‘Grumpy-he’ll getcha
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 7:43:50 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

I'm not sure I see much value in the Leopard 1. It only has a 105mm gun and paper thin armor. But I guess anything that can shoot and move will prove useful in a war like this where both men and equipment are getting chewed up and spit out in industrial quantities. And moving is certainly something the Leopard 1 excels at.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 7:47:30 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Meanwhile the Ukrainian logistic guys:

MEME EXE Guy laughs and puts shotgun in his mouth

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 7:48:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By CleverNickname:

Huh, interesting.

I still don't see the impetus for Iran to sacrifice one of four frigates for a bunch of APCs that only directly affect Russia and not Iran, and also sacrifice a bunch of other stuff in Iran proper when we bomb the shit out of them for an open act of war.  The juice isn't worth the squeeze.
View Quote

Well maybe they have a SRBM or cruise missile on board with one of the handful of nuclear weapons?  
Just need to get it into range of the USA, when they make their visit to Venezuela
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 7:48:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

I'm not sure I see much value in the Leopard 1. It only has a 105mm gun and paper thin armor. But I guess anything that can shoot and move will prove useful in a war like this where both men and equipment are getting chewed up and spit out in industrial quantities. And moving is certainly something the Leopard 1 excels at.
View All Quotes

M60 type tank. Obsolete at the front vs modern MBTs but good if getting behind enemy lines into trucks, APCs, etc.

Or good for chewing up infantry Zerg rushes.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

What exactly does Leo 1 bring to the table? I think the Gepards are significantly more useful.
Let's assume its the latest 1A5: A completely new vehicle they need to have spares for, and train crews and mechanics. Another new exclusive round (rifled 105mm). And probably a rather short lifespan given its significant lack of protection.

Ze Germans considered replacing the 1A5 with the T-72 Ural after the reunification:
T-72 vs Leopard 1A5: Trash vs Quality?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 7:59:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:08:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Erno86:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLSE6OUFzkE
View Quote

"In today's news, the Official Armed Forces of Ukraine Olympic Committee has revealed a new category, the 'Miniature Turret Toss.' Unlike MBT launches, it will be scored more along the lines of the shot put, where distance is weighted heavier than altitude."
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:12:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Prime:

The materials that make up this work of art are just like the people that use it- distressed and recyclable.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:
Originally Posted By NoMoAMMO:

Mobik Pinterest Project-Repurposed "Vintage" Ammo crates into a Banya

The materials that make up this work of art are just like the people that use it- distressed and recyclable.

Honestly, I can smile at that. Conscripts, mobiks, etc. thrown into something they don't want exercising a modicum of ingenuity to improve their position. Better than sleeping in an open ditch, I suppose.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:20:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: YaNi05] [#22]
View Quote

Does anyone know who this Kiyanyn is?

Dmitri usually has good content, but I find this guy questionable. He's starting to get a reputation as 'Bakhmut Bob' after he was talking about UA still fighting in Soledar after it was clear they had left. And now he's saying the same thing in Bakhmut.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:29:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jungatheart:
Ukrainian tank after a hard battle

All those holes are in the bore evacuator, not the barrel itself.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:42:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By YaNi05:

What exactly does Leo 1 bring to the table? I think the Gepards are significantly more useful.
Let's assume its the latest 1A5: A completely new vehicle they need to have spares for, and train crews and mechanics. Another new exclusive round (rifled 105mm). And probably a rather short lifespan given its significant lack of protection.

Ze Germans considered replacing the 1A5 with the T-72 Ural after the reunification:
View Quote

These mostly baseless claims are existing for EVERY weapon system of the NVA and are spread by former East German military personal who could not handle that the Bundeswehr was two decades ahead of the NVA.

It is true that the Bundeswehr tested everything, but most equipment was sold or scrapped as fast as possible.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:44:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Photo over Montana.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fn_15kDXoAElgfY?format=png&name=900x900
View Quote

Strange
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:46:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
Holy shit. The drone operator REALLY wanted that dude's scalp.  I can't imagine the anger the average Ukrainian feels at the Russians - but vids like that bring it into focus.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:

After the second hit, I think that dude realized he could just go ahead and forget about trying to secure that TQ. And if any doubts remained, the third hit definitely got the point across.
Holy shit. The drone operator REALLY wanted that dude's scalp.  I can't imagine the anger the average Ukrainian feels at the Russians - but vids like that bring it into focus.

The video shows there was a manned Ukrainian position like 20 yards away which they were probably wounded and/or pinned down assaulting.  If the Russian’s position was hopeless it’s up to him to surrender.  He still had his rifle and he wasn’t surrendering.
The last drop you could easily look at as an act of mercy to spare him a long and agonizing death.
I imagine the Ukrainians he was trying to kill are happy.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:47:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Leo 1 would make a great traing tank
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:56:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

He mad

ETA
I can't wait for Depression so we can see him unshaven and drunk mumbling to himself before FSB GUR comes for him.
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/bf/5d/1e/bf5d1ef7440f9516f99f7631f8e7c99b--mental-illness-grief.jpg
View Quote

It is to be hoped that the FSB goes extinct after this debacle, most of the blame for which falls squarely on them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:56:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By mcantu:
what's the status of all the armored vehicles that Ukraine has received over the last year? they already got a shitload of APCs, IFVs, MRAPs, etc from a bunch of countries but there hasn't been much proof of their use. initially there would be some video of them getting new thee vehicles but for the last 4-6 months, almost nothing. how many have been destroyed so far?
same for Javelin and NLAW. at the beginning there were almost daily videos of them taking out Russian vehicles but now there it's pretty much nothing. did the Russians change something in their tactics that cut down their use?
View Quote

There are plenty of pictures of western armor in use.  M113, the US and foreign MRAPs and armored cars., you name it.  Everything that’s been announced has been seen there, in action.
Russian armor kills have been somewhat scarce the last couple of months because the rainy/mud season in Ukraine makes mobility difficult.  That may be changing recently with the ground finally freezing.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:00:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#30]

Part XVI: Antisemitism, Iran, Russia & the role of Israel. (Mr. Natan Sharansky)

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:03:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Is he like the Alex Jones of Russia or more mainstream?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
Check out angry Solovyov:

That guy is nuts. He really wants nuclear war, wants it a lot.

Direct YouTube, same vid. Note the big threats against the Baltics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j12pmVju0bY

Is he like the Alex Jones of Russia or more mainstream?

Well, consider that Solovyov can call it war and get away with it. (I don't know Russian, so I can't verify the translation) He's the main host of one of the main talk shows on the main Russian network. Maybe not Goebbels, but a very prominent regime mouthpiece.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:04:42 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Oh for a second grenade there.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:07:32 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

I told you Germany would shape up after UA sent in the bruisers to negotiate
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:10:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Thermal drones.

View Quote

Nice hits.  I wonder what the cold does to battery efficiency?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:10:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Leo 1 would make a great traing tank
View Quote

They could also be used to equip/augment TDF units.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:12:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Yeah so i need to take super extended break from here. Sorry to slide it. Don't respond. Just take note.

I'm seeing the shit show for what it is with this place. If we have a disagreement over someone trashing this information thread we get fussed at. "Hit that report button". Yeah right. Immediately after the last incident i noticed a MOD started laying down the law like "So you want moderation?" LOL

Tonight i see Trap's woman talked about in a nasty way. I have also had the same types of comments and reported with not a care in the world by mods. Posters still running their traps, keeping their accounts, COC isn't for the worthy trolls, literally copying and pasting straight propaganda. ( Pro-tip: These clown's are easily found searching their copypastas ) ).

Pretty surprised the literal Russian propaganda is allowed to flourish on this site, considering the source. Not talking about disagreements of opinion here. Our enemy is definitely among us and posting freely. Yeah i could just shut my pie hole and go quietly, but wanted to say bye to the group. I won't be lurking, but living without the nonsense I read everyday. If you hear of them finding a dead American with a Cola Warrior T-shirt, that's probably me. Hopefully i don't die in a pile of rubble. I would much rather go out making good commies.

Logging out, thanks for the company guys.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:16:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

WTF? Why they are parking this system within arty range?

Bonus: Flying Orcs at the end of the video.

View Quote

Yeah, not sure I’d be interested in trying to use a fire extinguisher of a piece of kit that just took a direct PGM hit.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:20:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Easterner:
Yeah so i need to take super extended break from here. Sorry to slide it. Don't respond. Just take note.

I'm seeing the shit show for what it is with this place. If we have a disagreement over someone trashing this information thread we get fussed at. "Hit that report button". Yeah right. Immediately after the last incident i noticed a MOD started laying down the law like "So you want moderation?" LOL

Tonight i see Trap's woman talked about in a nasty way. I have also had the same types of comments and reported with not a care in the world by mods. Posters still running their traps, keeping their accounts, COC isn't for the worthy trolls, literally copying and pasting straight propaganda. ( Pro-tip: These clown's are easily found searching their copypastas ) ).

Pretty surprised the literal Russian propaganda is allowed to flourish on this site, considering the source. Not talking about disagreements of opinion here. Our enemy is definitely among us and posting freely. Yeah i could just shut my pie hole and go quietly, but wanted to say bye to the group. I won't be lurking, but living without the nonsense I read everyday. If you hear of them finding a dead American with a Cola Warrior T-shirt, that's probably me. Hopefully i don't die in a pile of rubble. I would much rather go out making good commies.

View Quote

Quitter!

Stay safe.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:25:05 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

stay safe friend.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:26:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:
Willy OAM on YouTube has done some great interviews.

I'm kind of concerned that Western assistance is either being outright embezzled or terribly misused by incompetent, but politically connected Ukrainian commanders.  Before everyone get's upset, I fully recognize we have more than our fair share of those, but we're not in an active war.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKZpYglZrW4

We can give Ukraine all the top notch equipment and train their enlisted guys to a good level, but if they have shit commanders who keep having them do frontal assaults what's the point?   I think lending the western equipment without providing western advisors is a BIG mistake if victory for Ukraine is the goal here.  

I also think we need an Auditor General appointed by the U.S. Congress like yesterday.  Ukraine has had some serious corruption already uncovered in the last year that has lead to a lot of arrests and firings of top officials, but it's probably way worse than we know.   I hate to say it, but something about Slavic Orthodox folks and their culture just sort of normalizes corruption apparently.  I mean we don't see these types of things with Slavic Catholic Poles, but man Eastern Slavic Europe is just plagued with insane corruption.  

View Quote

Yes, another “concerned” poster.
You know what, the Ukrainians aren’t perfect.  They probably have some corrupt bums and some incompetent officers.
They’re also fighting for their lives against our strategic enemy and I heartily, 100% approve of every dollar and every bomb that goes to smoking those Russian motherfuckers.  Matter of fact, fuck it send twice what we’ve sent.
After they’ve bled the Russians white so that their whole damned evil empire collapses, we can worry about whether some Ukrainian grifted or wasn’t competent at their job.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:30:11 PM EDT
[#41]

Speaking of Trump…..it has occurred to me that Zelenskyy is effectively doing what Trump had hoped to do and failed…..save the day and be hailed as a hero for it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GTLandser:
Interesting Twitter thread...almost makes the reaction to Zelensky sound like a certain other polarizing American politician.

And Trump ran from our war and threw us all under the bus.

my comment was based upon that sentiment exactly.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:31:24 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

That's a shame. I just lurk because I've got nothing of value to contribute but I've read almost every page of this thread. Thanks for your insight! Stay safe!
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:32:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Have you guys seen the video of him and Zelensky at a New Years Party?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx9Rdhttkno
View Quote

LOL. It must gall Solovyov to see Zelensky acting as such a great and inspirational leader for his people, in contrast to Putin, the dictator with zero regard for the people. Zelensky is the antithesis of everything Putin. A man of the people, a crusader against corruption, shows compassion to his people, a valiant cheerleader for his military.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:32:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By kncook:

Even more, I think he now LOVES losing.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Originally Posted By ludder093:
this asshole. Get ready for the GD thread.

Trump got tired of winning

Even more, I think he now LOVES losing.

Well never trumpets he's a better choice than all the other idiots
We've had to put up with.
So laugh it up like you are smart.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:40:37 PM EDT
[#45]

Photo over Montana.

View Quote

Huh, that’s pretty interesting.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:44:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

Photo over Montana.

Sure is, I think there is more to this than what the Gov is saying.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:50:18 PM EDT
[#47]

Photo over Montana.

View Quote

Hey, here's a crazy idea... shoot the fucking thing down.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:58:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By DPeacher:

The ammo producer claims to have made 10 million rounds and has been paid for 10 million, but only produced 3 million and pocketed the difference.  The producer then bribes the General that receives the ammo to report to the Kremlin that he received 10 million rounds.  The Colonel in charge of the ammo depot "counts" 10 million rounds during the annual inventory because if he reports anything less, he will be court martialed.  The Colonel also sells some of the actual 3 million rounds to various tribal warlords in order to boost his income.  This ingrained behavior of Russian corruption continues down to Lance Private Conscriptovich, and it goes on and on for generations.  Then the rubber meets the road in eastern Ukraine and the ammo runs out way quicker than what the reported ammo count is.
View Quote

And after the Cold War, why we would believe any of their numbers, considering what fantastical claims they were making about their economy, should tell us something.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:01:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lieh-tzu] [#49]
nvm

Take care, Easterner. Maybe one day we can meet up.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:03:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

Photo over Montana.

Yeah, I would have thought since we watched it's launch from China, saw it go into Canadian airspace, now it's in ours that it would have been shot down before going over the ICBM fields in Montana...
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3436 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top