Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3455 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 8:14:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Treasury signals no new money for defence despite Ukraine war, sources say
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 8:17:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Zelensky did an awards ceremony last night.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 8:31:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jack67:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/556465/72950183-6F69-4333-888E-2B15C24CE25F_jpe-2699811.JPG
View Quote

*snort* lol
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 8:51:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LurkerII] [#4]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
As if the Russians aren't already getting their asses kicked badly enough by Ukrainians, now we have retarded Russians picking fights with camels and also losing badly. Really badly.

That dude definitely fucked around and found out.
View Quote

For the twitterless:

http://nitter.net/Jano14Toga/status/1621965247870287878

Anyone that would abuse an animal like that deserves everything he got...
Except I hope he died, or at least horribly disfigured and in great pain for life.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 8:59:56 PM EDT
[#5]

How did Lukashenka stay in power? Seems like a real Maidan movement would have at least as much success in Minsk as it did in Kyiv.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 9:04:49 PM EDT
[#6]
China Joins Russia - What Happens Next?
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 9:05:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IzNdw2kFOs
View Quote

DOn't worry, Britain!

If the Russians invade your armed citizens will handle it!
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 9:05:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

How did Lukashenka stay in power? Seems like a real Maidan movement would have at least as much success in Minsk as it did in Kyiv.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Imprisoning the opposition and further cheating and he barely won. He is walking a fine line and probably would not win again
without murdering the opposition.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 9:19:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By absael:
Could be worse, but it doesn't sound particularly encouraging.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By absael:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
1 hr ago.

Could be worse, but it doesn't sound particularly encouraging.

Sounds like a tactical withdrawal is imminent.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 9:31:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Easterner:
Y'all slacking in here. Balloons are for the kids that need a next thing to be outraged at crowd. Send 'em a link and give em a lollipop on their way out.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20230205_112100_jpg-2698939.JPG
93rd Brigade putting in work at Bakmut
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_2023-02-05-10-58-38-306_com_i-2698940.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20230205_110338_jpg-2698941.JPG
French Caesar in Ugledar
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20230205_110217_jpg-2698942.JPG
View Quote
Glad you're back
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 9:45:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By SoCalExile:
View Quote
Sometimes I wonder what they are shooting at and is it effective
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 9:54:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Squatch:

She just hasn't mastered the arts of campaign finance corruption and congressional insider trading.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Squatch:
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/476-342.gif

She just hasn't mastered the arts of campaign finance corruption and congressional insider trading.

Once she does, I'm sure GD will love her.

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 9:56:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Easterner:
It's concerning seeing them reinforcing certain areas. I really hope there is a push to the Sea of Azov. I think splitting that land bridge would be a good way to divide and conquer, and reclaim some territory.

On a positive note, It has been really interesting how every major moment is immortalized in so many ways. Vodka bottles with names of weapons, clothing shops with shirts and other souvenirs, songs and videos, billboards all over town, and of course military morale patches. Staying positive with the jokes has been a much needed relief for everyone.

Don't touch the raccoon and Sperate Tractor brigade came in the other day.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20230205_223940_jpg-2699512.JPG

View Quote

Welcome back!  Your new avatar looks inspired.

Humor is itself a powerful weapon.  I'm glad that so many over there understand this.

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 9:58:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By kpacman:

I know this will sound like a frivolous point, but I can't get over all the wooden cases used up in this conflict.

I've seen videos where a case is split open and two mortar shells are in the case, along with the all the packing and materials. Metal handles and straps on every case.

If artillery is lobbing 100 shells a day, that's 50 cases cracked open and disposed of. Multiply that by all the arms out there and it represents a mind boggling amount of material waste.

Russia must be mowing down trees in Siberia at a torrid pace right now just to manufacture crates for all the new ammunition in production.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kpacman:
Originally Posted By stone-age:

I was really surprised by the numbers when I saw a video on this. You spend years and years building up piles of eqipment worth millions or billions then when the fighting starts the equipment goes down the toilet like it never had any value in the first place. It was pretty shocking how fast equipment is just consumed.

I know this will sound like a frivolous point, but I can't get over all the wooden cases used up in this conflict.

I've seen videos where a case is split open and two mortar shells are in the case, along with the all the packing and materials. Metal handles and straps on every case.

If artillery is lobbing 100 shells a day, that's 50 cases cracked open and disposed of. Multiply that by all the arms out there and it represents a mind boggling amount of material waste.

Russia must be mowing down trees in Siberia at a torrid pace right now just to manufacture crates for all the new ammunition in production.

I worked in forest products and packaging for a few years.  It comes down to cost and materials availability.  Russia has a fuckton of forest.  As a crop, trees replenish themselves to a harvestable level every 20-40 years.  

An all metal case would be best, like our ammo cans, if you have access to vast quantities of cheap steel. Or plastics too.  

But, if you have other economical materials, like wood in Russia, the cost would be significantly less to simply use that.  As a bonus, the wood can be burned as fuel for stoves, building materials for shelters and trenches, etc.  So for Russians, the wood crates are probably favored.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 10:03:08 PM EDT
[#15]
The past month or so has felt a lot like June and early July of 2022 when Severodonetsk and Lysychansk fell. It was a slow, grinding affair, but at that time Russia seemed to have the momentum going their way. The situation around Bakhmut today feels much the same. Unless Ukraine can mount some type of successful major counteroffensive, I think it is just a matter of time until Bakhmut falls. The slow, grinding nature of the battle just favors Russia. That is how they fight.

What we need is to deliver something that will break that momentum, just as HIMARS did last Summer. Things were leaning Russia's way last June. But when HIMARS started arriving, that momentum stopped in July. And by August, the momentum was reversing back to Ukraine. They kept that momentum through the Kharkiv and Kherson offensives. But then Ukraine seemed to try to settle down over the winter and regroup. And during that lull, Russia has kinda taken the initiative. Now Ukraine is having to react to what Russia is doing.

We need to do something relatively quickly to get the Big Mo back on the side of Ukraine. HIMARS smashed Russia's logistics and ripped up their command centers, largely paralyzing their ability to conduct major operations. Now we need to deliver something new to the fight that will have a similar effect. Maybe that will be GLSDB. Maybe it will be something else. But it needs to be something. And Ukraine needs to regain the initiative. Instead of having to react to what Russia is doing, Ukraine needs to make Russia start reacting to what THEY are doing. Hopefully whatever new U.S. aid package that is supposed to be announced this coming week will contain something that will make this possible. They say whatever it is will give Ukraine the ability to win the war. I hope they aren't bullshitting. And I hope whatever it is can be employed relatively quickly, not 6 months or a year from now.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 10:07:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Russians are going to replace Nazis as “the default bad guys” for the next 50 years.  Their behavior is just as odious if not more so, and they aren’t done yet.  There is definitely a ton of movie material out there - the Battle of Kyiv probably foremost.
View All Quotes
Someday they're going to make movies about Bakhmut and Mariupol.

Russians are going to replace Nazis as “the default bad guys” for the next 50 years.  Their behavior is just as odious if not more so, and they aren’t done yet.  There is definitely a ton of movie material out there - the Battle of Kyiv probably foremost.

I really want to see a Mariupol/Azovstal movie, but only if it's done right. No Michael Bay bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 10:09:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By LurkerII:

For the twitterless:

Except I hope he died, or at least horribly disfigured and in great pain for life.
View Quote

Not to smart to pick a fight with a big animal with big teeth, and usually with an attitude to begin with.  I think the "owner" is dead. He doesn't seem to be doing much at the end of the film clip.  I have seen rat terriers shake rats more gently than that.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 10:15:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 10:21:33 PM EDT
[#19]

Whew, I was worried they’d been doing something productive.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 10:23:45 PM EDT
[#20]
When RU finally stacks boxes they still can't stack them correctly
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 10:33:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 10:41:39 PM EDT
[#22]
The past month or so has felt a lot like June and early July of 2022 when Severodonetsk and Lysychansk fell. It was a slow, grinding affair, but at that time Russia seemed to have the momentum going their way. The situation around Bakhmut today feels much the same. Unless Ukraine can mount some type of successful major counteroffensive, I think it is just a matter of time until Bakhmut falls. The slow, grinding nature of the battle just favors Russia. That is how they fight.

What we need is to deliver something that will break that momentum, just as HIMARS did last Summer. Things were leaning Russia's way last June. But when HIMARS started arriving, that momentum stopped in July. And by August, the momentum was reversing back to Ukraine. They kept that momentum through the Kharkiv and Kherson offensives. But then Ukraine seemed to try to settle down over the winter and regroup. And during that lull, Russia has kinda taken the initiative. Now Ukraine is having to react to what Russia is doing.

We need to do something relatively quickly to get the Big Mo back on the side of Ukraine. HIMARS smashed Russia's logistics and ripped up their command centers, largely paralyzing their ability to conduct major operations. Now we need to deliver something new to the fight that will have a similar effect. Maybe that will be GLSDB. Maybe it will be something else. But it needs to be something. And Ukraine needs to regain the initiative. Instead of having to react to what Russia is doing, Ukraine needs to make Russia start reacting to what THEY are doing. Hopefully whatever new U.S. aid package that is supposed to be announced this coming week will contain something that will make this possible. They say whatever it is will give Ukraine the ability to win the war. I hope they aren't bullshitting. And I hope whatever it is can be employed relatively quickly, not 6 months or a year from now.
View Quote
A few Daisy Cutters a bit behind the RU lines would be interesting

HIMARS should be working the same as they did last summer, break up the RU supply lines, artillery, and positions.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 10:53:17 PM EDT
[#23]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/556465/72950183-6F69-4333-888E-2B15C24CE25F_jpe-2699811.JPG
View Quote

Jack, you owe me a swallow of Glenfiddich that ended up on my keyboard (I have enjoyed the pitbull camel video a few times)

And more importantly welcome back Easterner.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 10:54:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: theskuh] [#24]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
A few Daisy Cutters a bit behind the RU lines would be interesting

HIMARS should be working the same as they did last summer, break up the RU supply lines, artillery, and positions.
View Quote

I think the Russian's are massing farther back and getting slightly better at avoiding them. At least I hope they would have some mitigation strategies by now. 50 miles isn't all that far of a range to keep your command staff, barracks and munitions depots safe. I think there is a bit of storing up munitions for the spring summer offensives going on right now as well.

I hope to see some major tank breakthroughs and brads going to work in the near future. I think once the Russian lines are breeched all hell is going to break loose for them. The Ukes will drive the Himars right in behind the tanks and exploit the spearhead and tgats where it will look like last summer.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 11:07:24 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

I agree.

Of the systems we know of going, it looks like a whole lot are geared towards a high speed, high violence, mobile push. Bradleys, Strykers, M1s, Leopards, Challengers…  close to a thousand vehicles that we know about, that can supplement their T-tanks and BMPs.  Additionally the longer range precision missile systems will support a hard push all the way to the Sea of Azov.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 11:08:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

I really want to see a Mariupol/Azovstal movie, but only if it's done right. No Michael Bay bullshit.
View All Quotes
Someday they're going to make movies about Bakhmut and Mariupol.

Michael Bay did 13 Hours so well…  I would give him a shot.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 11:20:39 PM EDT
[#27]

Just think what ONE drone could do.
View All Quotes
The last picture is dated May, 2010.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 11:21:11 PM EDT
[#28]

Meanwhile, the orcs are withdrawing their artillery reserves... M-30

For reference: the 122-mm howitzer M1938 (M-30) is a Soviet howitzer with a caliber of 121.92 mm. The weapon was developed by the design bureau of Motovilykh factories headed by F. F. Petrov in the late 1930s and was produced from 1939 to 1955. The M-30 operated in World War II, mainly as a divisional artillery installation.
@bochkala_war

https://t.me/bochkala_war/11522

Successful removal of the combat part of an armor-piercing projectile of the VOG type from the body of the wounded!

When examined by a surgeon, the patient was found to have an ammunition warhead that burned a large mass of the patient's skin.
The surgeon made an immediate decision to operate.

In a few minutes, the ammunition was successfully removed from the wounded man's body and handed over to the sappers.
In the near future, the patient will be evacuated for further rehabilitation and recovery!
@bochkala_war

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 11:27:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 11:38:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 11:45:18 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Peter Berg would do well with a movie like that
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 11:51:34 PM EDT
[#32]
I hope the Turkey earthquakes don’t slow supply from Bayraktar.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 11:59:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SkiShooter] [#33]

View Quote

At first I was like WTF? Followed quickly by
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 12:05:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By The_Gooch:
Man, that is some ratty looking HEAT-FS.
View Quote
The timestamps say that's from 13 years ago.  I'm sure it got better.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 12:13:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Sort of random, but a video from the Ushanka Show, explaining how common theft was in the USSR days.

I think this video does a lot to explain why Russian troops are stealing everything that isn't bolted down. They have a culture that is built on stealing and bartering to avoid the government.

Stealing at Work. Soviet Workers' Peculiar Behaviors #ussr
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 12:14:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Girkin giving quite a pessimistic interview.  He’s always been frank (within his worldview) but he seems downright depressed, like he knows the situation is worse than he’s saying.

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1622176841468461056
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 12:17:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#37]
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 12:21:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
I have the same thoughts.
View Quote

They will still have fucked up comms and supply lines. Not to mention shitty russian doctrine. It won't be easy, but watching the vids of Ukrainian artillery and mortar fire from the start, they have gotten worlds better at targeting and correcting. I imagine other aspects have improved as well. It won't be easy, but I think they are up to the task.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 12:28:18 AM EDT
[#39]

For the twitterless:

View All Quotes
As if the Russians aren't already getting their asses kicked badly enough by Ukrainians, now we have retarded Russians picking fights with camels and also losing badly. Really badly.

For the twitterless:

In short: Conan The Barbered Aryan he ain't

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 12:33:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:
Sort of random, but a video from the Ushanka Show, explaining how common theft was in the USSR days.

I think this video does a lot to explain why Russian troops are stealing everything that isn't bolted down. They have a culture that is built on stealing and bartering to avoid the government.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz4lD76nbds
View Quote

In 1999 I raced in the Masters World Cup cross-country races in Grindelwald, Switzerland. We were advised to keep an eye on all our equipment because if you didn't the Russians would run off with it. I saw it in action when they raced in and stole all the flags from the banquet tables the moment the doors opened for seating.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 12:44:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By xd675:

I’d been waiting to see the numbers Rheinmetall had in their possession.  Their inventory was pretty close to the Heer’s inventory at various times.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By xd675:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
These are really starting to add up.

I’d been waiting to see the numbers Rheinmetall had in their possession.  Their inventory was pretty close to the Heer’s inventory at various times.

Leopard 1s aren't nearly as good as the Leopard 2. But still can be a useful asset.

Canada had an upgrade program with thicker addon armor. I am assuming it can stop an RPG-18 or most RPG-7 projectiles.

While people might say an IFV with an ATGM is better, those often need to be still to fire and typically have 1 shot (Bradley has 2) before needing to expose someone to reload an external launcher. Those Leopard 1s aren't getting any newer and they have been kept in storage for years for a reason. May as well send them over because unless they're given away I don't think anyone would willingly pay for such a tank in 2023 anymore.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 1:02:19 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Lol that's outstanding.
Koolist thing I've seen in a while.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 2:31:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By shark101au:

We? Zelensky isn't on the front lines. His life has never been at risk.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hate_Work:
Originally Posted By stone-age:
Zelensky-"No one will surrender Bakhmut. We will fight for as long as we can. We see Bakhmut as our fortress... "

Why? What is so great about Bakhmut that it is worth fighting to the death? I understand it's political value to russia. The only value I see to Ukraine is to prevent russia from having a PR victory.

Ukrainuan propaganda? Maybe really pull out as exit starts closing?

Well. There was the time early in the war that one of the various Chechen/OMON/GRU death squads tried to storm the Presidential Palace while Zelenskyy and his family were there and got yeeted.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 2:34:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

He survived numerous decapitation attacks early on and numerous Russian hit squads.

He went to Kherson and izium while they were still within Russian artillery and rocket range.

He’s doing a phenomenal job of inspiring and leading people
View All Quotes

He survived numerous decapitation attacks early on and numerous Russian hit squads.

He went to Kherson and izium while they were still within Russian artillery and rocket range.

And really triggering vatniks who can’t stand being thrashed by a guy who did a dance routine dressed up as one of the village people. Lol
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 2:54:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 3:04:00 AM EDT
[#46]
SNIPER: THE WHITE RAVEN Official Trailer | Ukraine Action War Adventure | Directed by Marian Bushan

Ukrainian movie that came out last year based on the 2014 invasion. I haven't seen it yet but i see it made its way to Netflix with subtitles.

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 3:10:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

And really triggering vatniks who can’t stand being thrashed by a guy who did a dance routine dressed up as one of the village people. Lol
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

Also on Netflix.
Servant of the People Trailer

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 4:50:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 5:01:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#49]
There was a 7.8M earthquake last night in Turkey just north of Syria.

Israelis are all over it.

The Prime Minister's Office sends a message on behalf of Netanyahu: On behalf of all the citizens of Israel, I send my condolences to the citizens of Turkey in their difficult time following the earthquake that struck our region. At the request of the Turkish government, I instructed all authorities to prepare immediately to provide medical, rescue and rescue assistance. The delegation is expected to leave as soon as possible

On behalf of the State of Israel, I would like to express my deep sorrow to the Turkish people for the earthquake in southern Turkey. Our hearts are with those who were damaged by the earthquake. I commissioned our State Department to prepare an emergency aid program.

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 5:16:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#50]

https://vk.com/wall-104764077_433399

https://ria.ru/20230206/irak-1849986772.html

The delegation of the Bulgan aimag of Mongolia is on a working visit to the Republic of Buryatia.

Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3455 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top