Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3795 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/31/2023 2:48:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

Cool, but why stop at Trump?  The Ruskies have done a hell of a job infiltrating our so-called "leadership" class.  The "Kompromat" goes a lot deeper than a few Trump key advisors.  The Obama Administration was famous for it's "Reset" buttons and it's "flexibility".  The only reason Hillary "turned" on Russia was to try to win an election that was going sideways; the ink was barely dry on the Uranium One contract when her run for President failed and she needed a scapegoat for domestic consumption; Putin must have seethed at the betrayal after all the money he funneled into the various Clinton Slush Funds "initiatives" over the years. To be fair though, her husband's State Department helped put him into power to "stabilize" Russia and corrupt oligarchs were good friends and honored guests of the Clintons both in and out of office.  Got to ensure the spice continued to flow.  Most (if not all) of our major banks, energy producers, auto and equipment manufacturers, etc assisted the Russian state through access to economic and technical data (as well as money).  Let us not even talk about the ties between the "Deep State", academia and Russian-aligned and financed "think tanks" focused on Eastern Europe and Central Asia, or all of the Russian-sponsored conferenced these folks vied to attend, usually directly or indirectly on Uncle Sugar's dime, as there is nothing cooler than getting per-diem and an honorarium + gift basket + hotel upgrade at the same time! Someday, when the KGB FSB files open up again, the level of Kompromat exposed will result in crying, finger-pointing, and a lot of sudden flights by private jet to places with no extradition treaty with the US.  It will be worse for the UK, as there is enough stuff there to crash the City of London three times over (at least), and for France and Germany it could discredit their entire Political/Government/Diplomatic/Military/Academic classes (from hard-left to nationalist right, and everyone in between) to the point that the uncompromised national-level leadership of both France and Germany could have their meeting at one of the short tables at a small Gasthaus like the Wackernheimerhof in Rheinland-Pfalz and have seats left over!  Making this about Trump is like focusing on one of the skin legions instead of the stage-four cancer.
View Quote

IF Trump was being influenced by Russian assets in his orbit, it was unwittingly, especially as you state Trump had very few "qualified" people willing to work in his admit. The corrupt assholes that worked so tirelessly to taint Trump with fabricated Russian dossiers (Lisa Page, Strok, Comey, and most of the fbi) and make it impossible for Trump to fill positions are the SAME corrupt assholes that were just prior coddling Putin. It is shockingly disingenuous for Berreta to criticize Trump yet ignore all the assholes doing 87K more. Makes the wikileaks bias seem tame.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 2:49:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Around 8km based on open source.
View Quote

Very Cool. Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 2:53:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Prime:
View Quote
That's a whole lotta FU on the way.

Link Posted: 3/31/2023 2:55:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By doc540:

In the first vid that tank shot at 7:55 cleared the first bench.

I think it put appendages into the press box.

By 9:26 the muzzle blast was doing as much damage as the shells.
View Quote

Final grenade toss at 10:20 should make the highlight reel.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 2:56:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ITCHY-FINGER] [#5]
10 min video.

Highlight reel.

View Quote

WOW! That trench got wrecked. My nightmare scenario for being in a trench against a tank, no RPG etc. Luckily all the RU drunks used up the last of the RKG AT hand grenades...

Yup, that was the same trench fight "T-forest" we have been talking about for a while. Apparently the RU DID take that trench and occupied it en mass before the UA tank liberated it again. Amazingly, EVERYBODY we saw battling it out prior to the tanks died. The RU took the trench killing the gallant UA defenders, most of the RU got killed in that operation (we practically swung purses arguing about how stupid the RU tactics were in attacking the trench), then the last of the RU who made it to the trench ended up vaporized by the UA QRF tanks. What a fucking mess and that is probably just a typical day on the front!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:03:10 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

A white flag came out of the trench at 8:30. I don't think the tank could see it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:05:19 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FsjAOKHX0AA_tnX?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FsjAOKAWcAAz8uF?format=jpg&name=large

Probable culprit.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FsjAO5JXgAEc1XT?format=jpg&name=large

That is super cool. Do we have any open-source info on range? Hopefully that rocket hit something good.

So it would seem the land launched Hellfire is a game changer in that it can strike from far outside the range most (or all?) Russian tanks can engage as well as the more common ATGMs. I hope they are getting lots of them!
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:11:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Found one of the videos.
??? ?? "?-???????". ??????? 2. ??????? ????????. ???????-????????. ??? ?2
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:15:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

No surprise here:

Trump's Best People List Regarding Russia

1) Paul Manafort - Trump's campaign manager was on the Kremlin payroll as the Russian controlled Party of Regions (note the name, bylaws to split Ukraine up into autonomous pro-Russian oblasts) candidate Yanukovych's campaign manager. He succeeded (with election cheating) and ousted pro-western Yuschenko from office. Yanukovych began to start Russian reforms like: change Ukrainian schoolbooks to reflect Russian history, make Russian an official language equal to Ukrainian, stopped ALL Ukrainian military modernization projects, and the big one: pushed to allow Russian troops to be station on multiple Ukrainian military bases for "cooperation"- that was the last straw which got him thrown out (he fled to Russia - big surprise). General Flynn and others connected to Manafort pushed the narrative that a Nazi Ukrainian government threw out a democratically elected leader.

While in Cleveland at the Republican National Convention, Manafort attempted to steer the RNC to change its policy from favorable to arm Ukraine to unfavorable. He did this BEFORE any initiatives to declare Trump as the party candidate. Manafort was part of Putin's Plan A for Ukraine and he has blood on his hands (his daughters words as well in texts revealed).

2) Carter Page - was on the Russian payroll for years and influenced US government officials to be in favor of Russian interests regarding foreign policy.

3) George Papadopoulos- another pro-Russian between man who passed pro-Russian policy wish lists between the Kremlin and US officials.

4) Sam Clovis - Russian expert along the lines of Clinton Ehrlich (Tucker Carlson's Russian expert who was employed by the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs) as far as twisting Ukrainian history in favor of Russia (and old technique used for hundreds of years by the Muscovites). He was Trump's academic adviser on Russia and if you look at ANY of his video lectures, you will see strong favoritism toward Russia. A classic Russian apoligist similar to Stephen Cohen who appeared on many talk shows like Coast to Coast.

5) Roger Stone - appeared on talk shows (like Info Wars)  and made HUNDREDS of statements praising Putin and Russia and spread Kremin lies about Ukraine.

6) Genral Flynn- past and present apologist for Russia. Spread Kremlin "US is poking the bear"  lies and propaganda about Russian invasion. Flynn's son is a big Alexi Joneskov fan and has appeared on several talk shows (as well as posting online) 100% defense of Russia.

7) Steve Bannon - has ALWAYS taken Russia's side on the conflict and continues to this day to host guests on his show which tow the Kremlin line.

Trump pardoned Manafort, Stone, and Papandopolis.

Trump so praised Putin SEVERAL times for invading Ukraine. Regarding Russia's invasion of Ukraine, Trump said Putin's action was "so smart."

“Well, he’s done an amazing job of taking the mantle," Trump said of Russian president Vladimir Putin in an interview with Fox News' Eric Bolling. "And he’s taken it away from the president, and you look at what he’s doing. And so smart. When you see the riots in a country because they’re hurting the Russians, okay, ‘We’ll go and take it over.’ And he really goes step by step by step, and you have to give him a lot of credit."

"Interestingly, I own the Miss Universe pageant," Trump added. "We just left Moscow. He could not have been nicer. He was so nice and so everything. But you have to give him credit that what he’s doing for that country in terms of their world prestige is very strong."

Trump also said in the interview that "the people of Crimea, from what I've heard, would rather be with Russia than where they were."

Trump's comments made in May 2014 speech to the National Press Club:

“And another country, wants to come in and join—they love Russia," he said then. "They say—now we send in our pollsters, we say, ‘That’s not true.’ Well, you know, guess what? They want to form with Russia. How the hell are we involved? Okay, we’re involved in all of this. Isn’t Europe supposed to be involved in this?”

So, either Trump is a dunce and useful idiot for the Kremlin OR he knew what he was doing on their behalf. Pick one.
View Quote

Damn, US electoral politics are fucked up.

And we know it's not just Trump either. How else to explain why Obama wanted a deal with Iran, and why even now the Biden admin is trying so hard to resurrect that deal?

Who the fuck are these scumbags, that they can take policy positions based on how much money you stuff in their pockets?
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:21:20 PM EDT
[#10]

You are correct. Wow.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
10 min video.

Highlight reel.

Remember the video a while back that showed the Ukrainian position that was attacked and flanked? This looks like a different view. This part, from the atgm shot to the tank going through the treeline and heads away from the destroyed trench was cut out. I mich be crazy, but it sure looks like a different view, and the destruction of the trench was cut out.

You are correct. Wow.

Are they retaking it?

I thought I read they lost that position eventually and then won it back.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:21:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

Damn, US electoral politics are fucked up.

And we know it's not just Trump either. How else to explain why Obama wanted a deal with Iran, and why even now the Biden admin is trying so hard to resurrect that deal?

Who the fuck are these scumbags, that they can take policy positions based on how much money you stuff in their pockets?
View Quote

Our country needs a bit less capitalism and a bit more patriotism/nationalism. But I don't see it going that way.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:22:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

A white flag came out of the trench at 8:30. I don't think the tank could see it.
View Quote

I thought it was a plastic bag stuck in the tree blowing the wind. I was even thinking I hope the tank doesnt mistake it for a white flag. The grenade thrown was probably a clue though.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:25:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stone-age] [#13]

I thought it was a plastic bag stuck in the tree blowing the wind. I was even thinking I hope the tank doesnt mistake it for a white flag. The grenade thrown was probably a clue though.
View Quote

Ah, maybe you are right. I don't know.

Edit. I looked again, I think you are right and it is a white plastic bag trash.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:29:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lorazepam] [#14]
Originally Posted By TotalNovice:

Are they retaking it?

I thought I read they lost that position eventually and then won it back.
View Quote

Earlier video. This place is popular.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:35:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

you're correct.   many can recall Mitt Romney's comments on Russia during the 2012 Presidential race -- he was basically laughed off the stage for saying Russia was a major threat.   many were sleeping but Romney -- as much as we bash him as a RINO - was prescient.  of course as you say -- our 'sights' were zeroed on GWOT - GWOT - and more GWOT.   24/7 GWOT...

-------------------------------------------------

It’s time to admit it: Mitt Romney was right about Russia

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/22/politics/mitt-romney-russia-ukraine/index.html

Analysis by Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large    Updated 10:30 AM EST, Sun February 27, 2022

CNN  —

A decade ago, Mitt Romney went on CNN and made a statement that was widely perceived as a major mistake.

“Russia, this is, without question, our number one geopolitical foe,” Romney, who would be the Republican presidential nominee in the 2012 race against President Barack Obama, told Wolf Blitzer in March of that year. “They — they fight every cause for the world’s worst actors.”

Obama and his team pounced on the comment, insisting that it showed Romney was hopelessly out of touch when it came to the threats facing the US.

In the third presidential debate between the two candidates in October 2012, Obama went directly after Romney for that remark. “When you were asked, ‘What’s the biggest geopolitical threat facing America,’ you said ‘Russia.’ Not al Qaeda; you said Russia,” Obama said. “And, the 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back, because the Cold War’s been over for 20 years.”

The 80s called! Boom! Roasted!

At the time, the attack worked. Obama cast himself as the candidate who understood the current threats – led by al Qaeda . Romney was the candidate still stuck in the Cold War age, a black-and-white figure in a colorful – and complex – world.

But today, after Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered Russian troops into eastern Ukraine, Romney’s comments look very, very different. And by “different,” I mean “right,” as even some Democrats are now acknowledging.

“This action by Putin further confirms that Mitt Romney was right when he called Russia the number one geopolitical foe,” California Democratic Rep. Ted Lieu said on CNN Monday night.

Given that, it’s worth revisiting the context around what Romney said and why.

He was reacting to a hot-mic moment between Obama and then-Russian President Dmitry Medvedev earlier in 2012. In that exchange, Obama told Medvedev: “This is my last election. And after my election, I have more flexibility.”

Republicans were up in arms, insisting that Obama was taking a hard line with Russia publicly while, apparently, making clear to the country’s leader that he was open to compromise.

In his original interview, Blitzer was asking Romney about Russia in the context of that Obama hot-mic moment. And while his comment about Russia as America’s “number one geopolitical foe” is what drew the most attention and derision, it was far from the only comment Romney made about that subject in his interview with Blitzer.

“Russia is not a friendly character on the world stage,” Romney said at one point. “And for this President to be looking for greater flexibility, where he doesn’t have to answer to the American people in his relations with Russia, is very, very troubling, very alarming.”

Pressed by Blitzer on his assertion about the threat posed by Russia, Romney added this:

“Well, I’m saying in terms of a geopolitical opponent, the nation that lines up with the world’s worst actors. Of course, the greatest threat that the world faces is a nuclear Iran. A nuclear North Korea is already troubling enough.

“But when these – these terrible actors pursue their course in the world and we go to the United Nations looking for ways to stop them, when – when Assad, for instance, is murdering his own people, we go – we go to the United Nations, and who is it that always stands up for the world’s worst actors?

“It is always Russia, typically with China alongside.”

What looked like a major flub during the 2012 campaign – and was used as a political cudgel by Obama – now looks very, very different. It should serve as a reminder that history is not written in the moment – and that what something looks like in that moment is not a guarantee of what it will always look like.

---------------------------------------
View All Quotes

....  Georgia in 2008 should have been a wake up call to everyone, and it was to some extent for the US military (particularly the Army), but we were balls deep in Iraq, Afghanistan, and the rest of GWOT, and the rest of the USG effort tended to be of the "strongly worded letter" category. Looking back, we can see Georgia was where Russia was perfecting it's "hybrid war" techniques.

you're correct.   many can recall Mitt Romney's comments on Russia during the 2012 Presidential race -- he was basically laughed off the stage for saying Russia was a major threat.   many were sleeping but Romney -- as much as we bash him as a RINO - was prescient.  of course as you say -- our 'sights' were zeroed on GWOT - GWOT - and more GWOT.   24/7 GWOT...

Analysis by Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large    Updated 10:30 AM EST, Sun February 27, 2022

CNN  —

A decade ago, Mitt Romney went on CNN and made a statement that was widely perceived as a major mistake.

“Russia, this is, without question, our number one geopolitical foe,” Romney, who would be the Republican presidential nominee in the 2012 race against President Barack Obama, told Wolf Blitzer in March of that year. “They — they fight every cause for the world’s worst actors.”

Obama and his team pounced on the comment, insisting that it showed Romney was hopelessly out of touch when it came to the threats facing the US.

In the third presidential debate between the two candidates in October 2012, Obama went directly after Romney for that remark. “When you were asked, ‘What’s the biggest geopolitical threat facing America,’ you said ‘Russia.’ Not al Qaeda; you said Russia,” Obama said. “And, the 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back, because the Cold War’s been over for 20 years.”

At the time, the attack worked. Obama cast himself as the candidate who understood the current threats – led by al Qaeda . Romney was the candidate still stuck in the Cold War age, a black-and-white figure in a colorful – and complex – world.

But today, after Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered Russian troops into eastern Ukraine, Romney’s comments look very, very different. And by “different,” I mean “right,” as even some Democrats are now acknowledging.

“This action by Putin further confirms that Mitt Romney was right when he called Russia the number one geopolitical foe,” California Democratic Rep. Ted Lieu said on CNN Monday night.

He was reacting to a hot-mic moment between Obama and then-Russian President Dmitry Medvedev earlier in 2012. In that exchange, Obama told Medvedev: “This is my last election. And after my election, I have more flexibility.”

Republicans were up in arms, insisting that Obama was taking a hard line with Russia publicly while, apparently, making clear to the country’s leader that he was open to compromise.

In his original interview, Blitzer was asking Romney about Russia in the context of that Obama hot-mic moment. And while his comment about Russia as America’s “number one geopolitical foe” is what drew the most attention and derision, it was far from the only comment Romney made about that subject in his interview with Blitzer.

“Russia is not a friendly character on the world stage,” Romney said at one point. “And for this President to be looking for greater flexibility, where he doesn’t have to answer to the American people in his relations with Russia, is very, very troubling, very alarming.”

Pressed by Blitzer on his assertion about the threat posed by Russia, Romney added this:

“Well, I’m saying in terms of a geopolitical opponent, the nation that lines up with the world’s worst actors. Of course, the greatest threat that the world faces is a nuclear Iran. A nuclear North Korea is already troubling enough.

“But when these – these terrible actors pursue their course in the world and we go to the United Nations looking for ways to stop them, when – when Assad, for instance, is murdering his own people, we go – we go to the United Nations, and who is it that always stands up for the world’s worst actors?

What looked like a major flub during the 2012 campaign – and was used as a political cudgel by Obama – now looks very, very different. It should serve as a reminder that history is not written in the moment – and that what something looks like in that moment is not a guarantee of what it will always look like.

Yes that is true. Al Qaeda was just a terrorist Organization. If al Qaeda invaded Ukraine it would be some small cells hiding from the Ukrainian authorities. No thousands of tanks, no large air force. No thousands of nukes for a worse case scenerio. Likely many who went with Obama at the time knew good and well Obama was talking nonsense. It was good nonsense for sound bites.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:36:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Orion_Shall_Rise:

We are likely restricting Ukraine. They share a large border Russia attacked across, but Ukraine is not counter attacking on. And not really running air raids across.
This is a limited war, and those restrictions favor Russia.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Orion_Shall_Rise:
Originally Posted By Hate_Work:

Would someone more knowledgeable please explain how this posturing by the US is indicative that they truly want Russia out of Ukraine?I am trying really hard to keep my glass half full but I just don't see, in over a year, any indication that the US truly wants Russia defeated. Weakened? Yes. Crushed? No. Is it because a crushed Russia would allow China to take what they wanted from Russia and make a stronger combined adversary?

We are likely restricting Ukraine. They share a large border Russia attacked across, but Ukraine is not counter attacking on. And not really running air raids across.
This is a limited war, and those restrictions favor Russia.

Makes me remember how the US "officially" refused to do operations in Northern Vietnam.  

And right now, Russia apparently benefits from most of the things North Vietnam did back then, too.  

Ukrainians who know anything about that war need to see how to head off that war's outcome.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:45:34 PM EDT
[#17]

I remember that well. It's truly amazing how we went from FBHO and Klinton "Russian reset" and our domestic commies loving Russia and Putin. They even worked hard to undermine Ukraine, disarming them with vigor and seemingly pushing them towards Russia. Neo-cons like Romney were roundly scoffed and humiliated for even suggesting Russia was in any way a threat. Yet NOW (actually started around 2015/16) they are apoplectic with rage at Russia and see Russians EVERYWHERE.

I am desperate to know exactly when this happened (obviously sometime between 2012 and 2016) and what the exact cause for this dramatic and sudden 180 shift by the demo-commies. I dont think it was the 2014 invasion since they still did everything they could to undermine Ukraine's resistance, sent blankets instead of aid and tried to play off the invasion as some legitimate internal dispute.
View All Quotes

CNN  —

At the time, the attack worked. Obama cast himself as the candidate who understood the current threats – led by al Qaeda. Romney was the candidate still stuck in the Cold War age, a black-and-white figure in a colorful – and complex – world.

I remember that well. It's truly amazing how we went from FBHO and Klinton "Russian reset" and our domestic commies loving Russia and Putin. They even worked hard to undermine Ukraine, disarming them with vigor and seemingly pushing them towards Russia. Neo-cons like Romney were roundly scoffed and humiliated for even suggesting Russia was in any way a threat. Yet NOW (actually started around 2015/16) they are apoplectic with rage at Russia and see Russians EVERYWHERE.

I am desperate to know exactly when this happened (obviously sometime between 2012 and 2016) and what the exact cause for this dramatic and sudden 180 shift by the demo-commies. I dont think it was the 2014 invasion since they still did everything they could to undermine Ukraine's resistance, sent blankets instead of aid and tried to play off the invasion as some legitimate internal dispute.

The weird part to me is not the democrats flip flopping on Russia, but the right's reaction. I wonder if our defense industry sees the destruction of Russia's military power as a threat to their future profits selling weapons to the western world, and that is why we are seeing an anti-war push from right wing mass media.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:47:40 PM EDT
[#18]
12 min translated video.

View Quote

Really cool to see Predator in a clean environment, relaxed and fine tuning his new M4. Kind of funny to see after watching him working in the dirt slaying orcs with broken rifles and various configurations.

He seemed to express concern about 5.56 supply. Even buying his own ammo!  I hope he can find some army supply of 5.56. He seemed impressed with hit hitting 3 for 3 at 609 meters. Good one! And very much liked the 4x ACOG.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:51:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Bama_Rebel:

they usually have special shoes, they have a piece of metal that goes from the bottom sole of the shoe and touches the bottom of your foot. This helps prevent the static elec accumulation that happens when your rubber soled shoes isolate you from ground. Humidity, or lack there of, is also a big factor.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bama_Rebel:
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:

Static discharge is but one of the subtler killers of men that work in that field.

Outside the areas where they do this stateside they have these gismos you stand on (looks just like a scale) and it measures your potential (and I think the resistance of your shoes).

One teenzy weenzy little arc can be the end of you…

Course there’s the bracelets and all that in addition. But it’s something an inexperienced person could miss.

they usually have special shoes, they have a piece of metal that goes from the bottom sole of the shoe and touches the bottom of your foot. This helps prevent the static elec accumulation that happens when your rubber soled shoes isolate you from ground. Humidity, or lack there of, is also a big factor.

Thanks @Bama_Rebel

Speak of the devil,  this brief came up yesterday (it’s public)
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:54:31 PM EDT
[#20]

@Freiheit8472
Konstantine made it out of the country as the door was closing. He later brought his family with him. He is in one of the stans, Uzbekistan I think. He plans to use this country as a temporary place until he moves to his final destination. He is not willing at this point to reveal where that will be. He currently is surviving on his youtube income which is not good enough for a proper living, but is good enough to survive. I watch him very frequently. As he was going through the border to get out of russia, people in the same line as him were getting denied. He got lucky as it was normal for him to leave the country for business, so they let him through at that point.
View Quote

Thank you. Awesome his family is with him now. That’s gotta be a huge relief.

His new years episode is an awesome one as it felt a lot like hanging around with my family and how we’d be watching tv in a language we don’t understand. Like the Mcallisters watching it’s a wonderful life in Spanish
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 3:57:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ar-jedi:

View Quote

Taron Egerton - Rocket Man (Official Video)
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 4:01:30 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes
10 min video.

Highlight reel.

That guy behind the grenade tosser took that shell almost directly in the right ear. His parts landed to the upper left.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#23]

Edit. I looked again, I think you are right and it is a white plastic bag trash.
View All Quotes

They use white sandbags so it may have been one of those.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 4:09:46 PM EDT
[#24]

Watch this.

Wow.
View All Quotes
10 min video.

Highlight reel.

Watch this.

Wow.
is that the same trench from a few days back ?
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 4:11:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: burnka871] [#25]
10 min video.

Highlight reel.

View Quote

That footage is insane. Does anyone else think that was the spot from the really accurate indirect fire video from the other day?

Edit I see I'm very late lol
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 4:16:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dcs12345] [#26]
Originally Posted By UKjohn:
View Quote

Yes.  See the circle earthen embankment …same place.
Ukrainians need some grenade launchers….
?????????? “?-???????”. ??????? ?????. ???????-????????. ??? ?2
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 4:16:47 PM EDT
[#27]
It seems to me that if a tank is hammering your trench, that is the time to get out of that trench.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 4:29:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By dcs12345:

Yes.  See the circle earthen embankment  same place.
Ukrainians need some grenade launchers .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TGjkYjFx2o
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UKjohn:

Yes.  See the circle earthen embankment  same place.
Ukrainians need some grenade launchers .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TGjkYjFx2o
Nothing says fuck off like a tank round from 30 feet
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 4:30:52 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 3/31/2023 4:33:11 PM EDT
[#30]
It seems to me that if a tank is hammering your trench, that is the time to get out of that trench.
View Quote

Unlike a bear where you only need to outrun your buddy, tankers don't stop to chew on the the first runner they catch. Better to hunker down and hope someone with AT takes care of the problem.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 4:39:57 PM EDT
[#31]

Cool, but why stop at Trump?  The Ruskies have done a hell of a job infiltrating our so-called "leadership" class.  The "Kompromat" goes a lot deeper than a few Trump key advisors.  The Obama Administration was famous for it's "Reset" buttons and it's "flexibility".  The only reason Hillary "turned" on Russia was to try to win an election that was going sideways; the ink was barely dry on the Uranium One contract when her run for President failed and she needed a scapegoat for domestic consumption; Putin must have seethed at the betrayal after all the money he funneled into the various Clinton Slush Funds "initiatives" over the years. To be fair though, her husband's State Department helped put him into power to "stabilize" Russia and corrupt oligarchs were good friends and honored guests of the Clintons both in and out of office.  Got to ensure the spice continued to flow.  Most (if not all) of our major banks, energy producers, auto and equipment manufacturers, etc assisted the Russian state through access to economic and technical data (as well as money).  Let us not even talk about the ties between the "Deep State", academia and Russian-aligned and financed "think tanks" focused on Eastern Europe and Central Asia, or all of the Russian-sponsored conferenced these folks vied to attend, usually directly or indirectly on Uncle Sugar's dime, as there is nothing cooler than getting per-diem and an honorarium + gift basket + hotel upgrade at the same time! Someday, when the KGB FSB files open up again, the level of Kompromat exposed will result in crying, finger-pointing, and a lot of sudden flights by private jet to places with no extradition treaty with the US.  It will be worse for the UK, as there is enough stuff there to crash the City of London three times over (at least), and for France and Germany it could discredit their entire Political/Government/Diplomatic/Military/Academic classes (from hard-left to nationalist right, and everyone in between) to the point that the uncompromised national-level leadership of both France and Germany could have their meeting at one of the short tables at a small Gasthaus like the Wackernheimerhof in Rheinland-Pfalz and have seats left over!  Making this about Trump is like focusing on one of the skin legions instead of the stage-four cancer.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/31/2023 4:41:47 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

But where would you go?  It looks like they ran out of AT stuff, so you would just get chewed up by the coax machine gun (assuming it is working)
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 4:43:04 PM EDT
[#33]
10 min video.

Highlight reel.

View Quote

BRUH.

Nothing says "FUCK YOU!" quite like point-blank tank fire.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 4:50:26 PM EDT
[#34]
I saw Magyar had a stock of these a week ago.

Link Posted: 3/31/2023 4:57:24 PM EDT
[#35]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FseC-nYWcAQ5ea9?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FsduqBAWcAAzaNE?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FsduuG9X0AEivKx?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FsduwSQX0AArE3x?format=jpg&name=medium

Video in tweet:

View Quote

Curious about the operational liability of relying on Chinese drones for military operations against the Russians.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 5:05:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GTLandser] [#36]

But where would you go?  It looks like they ran out of AT stuff, so you would just get chewed up by the coax machine gun (assuming it is working)
View Quote

There were some odd things about that tank. Some of the shots were wildly off the mark, and the turret was moving in an odd way. Maybe there was something wrong with it. The gun tube was re-setting I think so that the breech angle was correct for the auto-loader to feed it another round, so that made sense to me, but other things just seemed off.

Or maybe an inexperienced or newly formed crew? Approaching a trench line without any dismounts to keep you from catching an RPG is not recommended. And they almost did get killed earlier when that ATGM (I think?) whizzed by. Yikes.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 5:05:54 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

"Anywhere but here." -Saving Private Ryan, beach landing.
I have zero experience being in a trench with a tank firing on me. But I would probably prefer to be anywhere but staring down the muzzle of the main gun. That's if I still had any sense after being concussed by the previous shots, which I kind of doubt. I'm happy to not be an expert.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 5:09:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#38]
Originally Posted By Bartholomew_Roberts:

Curious about the operational liability of relying on Chinese drones for military operations against the Russians.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bartholomew_Roberts:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FseC-nYWcAQ5ea9?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FsduqBAWcAAzaNE?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FsduuG9X0AEivKx?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FsduwSQX0AArE3x?format=jpg&name=medium

Video in tweet:

There are some modifications made to the software and system because of that liability that I had read about.  Some drone 3rd party suppliers will add in countermeasures to jamming in some cases.

This company was one of them.  I would recommend them if you have a drone to give for the war effort.

https://www.cined.com/send-your-used-drones-to-ukraine-polish-drone-maker-spartaqs-helps/
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 5:14:50 PM EDT
[#39]

Or maybe an inexperienced or newly formed crew? Approaching a trench line without any dismounts to keep you from catching an RPG is not recommended. And they almost did get killed earlier when that ATGM (I think?) whizzed by. Yikes.
View Quote

yeah so many things about these various engagements 'look odd' from our 'western / us army' mindset.

i just chalk it up to the heavy attrition / casualties / equipment damage they have suffered after many months of vicious combat.  just getting it done the best way they can.

my observation from that one -- besides the lack of infantry support you mention -- was the lack of coax machine gun fire.   that scenario was tailor-made for hosing that trench down w/ coax.

again -- not disrespecting the Ukrainian fighting spirit -- just making armchair observations

Link Posted: 3/31/2023 5:34:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Ligore:

Yes that is true. Al Qaeda was just a terrorist Organization. If al Qaeda invaded Ukraine it would be some small cells hiding from the Ukrainian authorities. No thousands of tanks, no large air force. No thousands of nukes for a worse case scenerio. Likely many who went with Obama at the time knew good and well Obama was talking nonsense. It was good nonsense for sound bites.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ligore:

....  Georgia in 2008 should have been a wake up call to everyone, and it was to some extent for the US military (particularly the Army), but we were balls deep in Iraq, Afghanistan, and the rest of GWOT, and the rest of the USG effort tended to be of the "strongly worded letter" category. Looking back, we can see Georgia was where Russia was perfecting it's "hybrid war" techniques.

It's time to admit it: Mitt Romney was right about Russia

CNN    

"Russia, this is, without question, our number one geopolitical foe," Romney, who would be the Republican presidential nominee in the 2012 race against President Barack Obama, told Wolf Blitzer in March of that year. "They   they fight every cause for the world's worst actors."

In the third presidential debate between the two candidates in October 2012, Obama went directly after Romney for that remark. "When you were asked, 'What's the biggest geopolitical threat facing America,' you said 'Russia.' Not al Qaeda; you said Russia," Obama said. "And, the 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back, because the Cold War's been over for 20 years."

At the time, the attack worked. Obama cast himself as the candidate who understood the current threats   led by al Qaeda . Romney was the candidate still stuck in the Cold War age, a black-and-white figure in a colorful   and complex   world.

But today, after Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered Russian troops into eastern Ukraine, Romney's comments look very, very different. And by "different," I mean "right," as even some Democrats are now acknowledging.

"This action by Putin further confirms that Mitt Romney was right when he called Russia the number one geopolitical foe," California Democratic Rep. Ted Lieu said on CNN Monday night.

Given that, it's worth revisiting the context around what Romney said and why.

He was reacting to a hot-mic moment between Obama and then-Russian President Dmitry Medvedev earlier in 2012. In that exchange, Obama told Medvedev: "This is my last election. And after my election, I have more flexibility."

Republicans were up in arms, insisting that Obama was taking a hard line with Russia publicly while, apparently, making clear to the country's leader that he was open to compromise.

In his original interview, Blitzer was asking Romney about Russia in the context of that Obama hot-mic moment. And while his comment about Russia as America's "number one geopolitical foe" is what drew the most attention and derision, it was far from the only comment Romney made about that subject in his interview with Blitzer.

"Russia is not a friendly character on the world stage," Romney said at one point. "And for this President to be looking for greater flexibility, where he doesn't have to answer to the American people in his relations with Russia, is very, very troubling, very alarming."

"Well, I'm saying in terms of a geopolitical opponent, the nation that lines up with the world's worst actors. Of course, the greatest threat that the world faces is a nuclear Iran. A nuclear North Korea is already troubling enough.

"But when these   these terrible actors pursue their course in the world and we go to the United Nations looking for ways to stop them, when   when Assad, for instance, is murdering his own people, we go   we go to the United Nations, and who is it that always stands up for the world's worst actors?

"It is always Russia, typically with China alongside."

What looked like a major flub during the 2012 campaign   and was used as a political cudgel by Obama   now looks very, very different. It should serve as a reminder that history is not written in the moment   and that what something looks like in that moment is not a guarantee of what it will always look like.

I don't believe that Romney had any foresight in as much as someone told him to say that.  He was unable to follow up and counter Obama's counter. Shows that he didn't have any real thoughts on the subject.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 5:40:06 PM EDT
[#41]

Another excellent post. I also felt some admiration for Russia (before the 2014 invasion) for the same reason. They had (at least the appearance) of a leader who prioritized their nation's interests rather than apologizing for every flaw.

Russia and their form of respect seems somewhat similar to how an inner-city hoodlum sees and NEEDS respect. It's all they have in their mind and losing respect is worse than death. In a dangerous world where you have abused and terrorized your neighbors, losing respect means you are nothing and will be devoured. Like a lion tamer in the cage losing his chair and whip. What is scary is that in this mentality, it may be better to die fighting (keep some respect) then to submit (lose everything).
View All Quotes

It goes back to the part of the Russian psyche in which "Respect=Fear".  The Russians have a need for other peoples people to submit out of fear.  Putin thought that he could leverage European greed + fear to enlarge "Russiaworld", and many Russians (not just Putin) were annoyed that the West didn't "respect" (fear) Russia enough.  Unfortunately for Russia, the Western reaction to their newfound "respect" for Russia has been to start handing out baseball bats (diplomatic, economic and military) to anyone who wants to take a shot at what the West sees as a problem.  Cowering is a response to fear, popping mags and shooting until the threat is over is another response, and taking a flamethrower to the problem is something else that can alleviate fear.  Russia is in the position where they are the ones who have to initiate the de-escalation cycle with serious action against their own interests or face some form of national destruction.  When the West "fears", you get things like the absolute destruction of the Japanese Empire, enough nukes to obliterate the problem several times over, or major wars that ravage entire continents.  Putin played his cards well for many years.  I even had some sympathy for the Russian arguments prior to the invasion of Georgia, and was jealous that Russia had a leader who could at least say "national interest" without it looking like a comedic punchline (as is usually the case with Western politicians).  Putin played his cards well, bluffed like a champ, and would often walk away from the table with most of the pot despite not having the best cards.  In this case, he is sitting on a low pair and everyone with better cards is raising the pot.  I can't see any realistic scenario where this ends well for Russia, especially with all the new players getting in on the game.

Another excellent post. I also felt some admiration for Russia (before the 2014 invasion) for the same reason. They had (at least the appearance) of a leader who prioritized their nation's interests rather than apologizing for every flaw.

Russia and their form of respect seems somewhat similar to how an inner-city hoodlum sees and NEEDS respect. It's all they have in their mind and losing respect is worse than death. In a dangerous world where you have abused and terrorized your neighbors, losing respect means you are nothing and will be devoured. Like a lion tamer in the cage losing his chair and whip. What is scary is that in this mentality, it may be better to die fighting (keep some respect) then to submit (lose everything).

Very Familiar with the mentality, as it is not only the Black community, but a very similar mentality in portions of poor Irish and Scots-Irish groups across Appalachia and the South.  I deeply understand the mentality and have personally seen how destructive it can be, for a group to fall into the "ghetto" or "white trash" mentality on a generational basis (unfortunately, I've got some somewhat-distant kin who may/may not sometimes fit that description . )   Until we figure out a way to get the Russians to drop the mentality/lifestyle of wallowing around in their poverty and blaming conspiracies and groups for every misfortune, we won't fix the core problem, which is a combination of envy and a raging inferiority complex.  From what little I've seen of rural Russia, Based on personal observation, maybe if we can get them to mow their grass, paint their houses, clean up their yards, get all the stuff on blocks either running or hauled off the junkyard (or at least rolled behind the bard on it's own wheels)) lay off the hard stuff in favor of a few beers on the weekends, and attend church now and again, it might help!
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 5:42:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dracster:

I thought it might be someone’s whitey-tighties blown off!
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 5:49:39 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

The coax wasn't being used for whatever reason. The same appeared to be the case in the earlier released vid from the same location where another UA T-72 was chasing down retreating Russians. It overshot them with the main gun allowing the Russians to keep running until they were cut-down by BMP shells detonating in the trees next to them.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 5:50:41 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

That is supposed to be their latest and greatest air defense system. Such a shame.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 5:53:02 PM EDT
[#45]

There were some odd things about that tank. Some of the shots were wildly off the mark, and the turret was moving in an odd way. Maybe there was something wrong with it. The gun tube was re-setting I think so that the breech angle was correct for the auto-loader to feed it another round, so that made sense to me, but other things just seemed off.

View All Quotes

It looked like they were hot for vengeance. I would think the tanks would sit back 500-1000 meters to hammer it. Either the sights are very poor or their blood was hot. He was so close I wonder if the gunner could even see down into the trench. He seemed to focus on the guy toward the back standing up. Between the two tanks they killed a lot of mobiks. The BTR probably would have done better that close.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 5:54:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit8472] [#46]
I saw Magyar had a stock of these a week ago.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FskGkBNWABA6LYp?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FskGkBMWAAsLt2V?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FskGkBQWABEZmjH?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FskGkBMWABIBCfM?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

The thing that worries me about this massive impending drone usage is premature detonation from the shear amount of western eyeballs watching how it goes. Actually quite a bit of eastern ones too.

It could be a cumulative Superman effect or best test of psychokinetic energy... I’m not sure.

It’s going to be like a Super Bowl commercial in terms of attention!
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 5:58:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

It looked like they were hot for vengeance. I would think the tanks would sit back 500-1000 meters to hammer it. Either the sights are very poor or their blood was hot. He was so close I wonder if the gunner could even see down into the trench. He seemed to focus on the guy toward the back standing up. Between the two tanks they killed a lot of mobiks. The BTR probably would have done better that close.
View Quote

I'm a big fan of using stand-off weapons at stand-off distances outside of videogames.  If it's Battlefield then just drive that tank up to the fucker and pull the trigger.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 6:03:34 PM EDT
[#48]

Very Familiar with the mentality, as it is not only the Black community, but a very similar mentality in portions of poor Irish and Scots-Irish groups across Appalachia and the South.  I deeply understand the mentality and have personally seen how destructive it can be, for a group to fall into the "ghetto" or "white trash" mentality on a generational basis (unfortunately, I've got some somewhat-distant kin who may/may not sometimes fit that description . )   Until we figure out a way to get the Russians to drop the mentality/lifestyle of wallowing around in their poverty and blaming conspiracies and groups for every misfortune, we won't fix the core problem, which is a combination of envy and a raging inferiority complex.  From what little I've seen of rural Russia, Based on personal observation, maybe if we can get them to mow their grass, paint their houses, clean up their yards, get all the stuff on blocks either running or hauled off the junkyard (or at least rolled behind the bard on it's own wheels)) lay off the hard stuff in favor of a few beers on the weekends, and attend church now and again, it might help!
View Quote

Thomas Sowell approves of this message. I've been watching a lot of people reacting to his videos, mainly about the points you just brought up. Tons of truth in it and I say that as someone whose family is pure Appalachian
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 6:20:07 PM EDT
[#49]

I never stopped with Trump. I covered other issues back when this thread was in double digits:

"This was a long-term plan which was preceded by the Budapest Memorandum pushed through by 1960s sovietized Bill Clinton and Moscow frequent flyer left-wing RINO Sen. Dick Lugar. In 2005, Sen. Lugar and then Se. Obama (lifelong Marxist) went to Ukraine and paid off corrupt Ukrainian officials to destroy millions of surplus weapons and billions of round of ammunition plus artillery ammunition - all could have given to the villages and small towns as well as Territorial Defense units to help stop the Russians.

These were all long term plans and as far as the this bullshit from Alexi Joneskov and his crew telling the world that Ukrainian Nazis were overthrowing the "duly-elected" president Yanukovych this is another example of how the so-called patriot (pay-triot) alt right supports communists and Russia. Texas communist and Donetsk "Republic" fighter Russel Bentley is also portrayed as some freedom fighter by these CONservative frauds who use alternative medicine info, 2nd Amendment articles, globalist history, prepper info, immigration issues, etc. as the honeypot to attract unsuspecting conservatives then indoctrinate them with Kremlin BS."

I found out about Manafort's actions in 2010 - briefed at the Ukrainian Embassy in DC, long before Trump "picked" him. You are correct about the Kremlin-funded think tanks. And Tucker Carlson hired one of the biggest ones to ever come put of the propoganda ministry. Yes a large web of disinformation indeed.
View All Quotes

No surprise here:

Trump's Best People List Regarding Russia

1) Paul Manafort - Trump's campaign manager was on the Kremlin payroll as the Russian controlled Party of Regions (note the name, bylaws to split Ukraine up into autonomous pro-Russian oblasts) candidate Yanukovych's campaign manager. He succeeded (with election cheating) and ousted pro-western Yuschenko from office. Yanukovych began to start Russian reforms like: change Ukrainian schoolbooks to reflect Russian history, make Russian an official language equal to Ukrainian, stopped ALL Ukrainian military modernization projects, and the big one: pushed to allow Russian troops to be station on multiple Ukrainian military bases for "cooperation"- that was the last straw which got him thrown out (he fled to Russia - big surprise). General Flynn and others connected to Manafort pushed the narrative that a Nazi Ukrainian government threw out a democratically elected leader.

While in Cleveland at the Republican National Convention, Manafort attempted to steer the RNC to change its policy from favorable to arm Ukraine to unfavorable. He did this BEFORE any initiatives to declare Trump as the party candidate. Manafort was part of Putin's Plan A for Ukraine and he has blood on his hands (his daughters words as well in texts revealed).

2) Carter Page - was on the Russian payroll for years and influenced US government officials to be in favor of Russian interests regarding foreign policy.

3) George Papadopoulos- another pro-Russian between man who passed pro-Russian policy wish lists between the Kremlin and US officials.

4) Sam Clovis - Russian expert along the lines of Clinton Ehrlich (Tucker Carlson's Russian expert who was employed by the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs) as far as twisting Ukrainian history in favor of Russia (and old technique used for hundreds of years by the Muscovites). He was Trump's academic adviser on Russia and if you look at ANY of his video lectures, you will see strong favoritism toward Russia. A classic Russian apoligist similar to Stephen Cohen who appeared on many talk shows like Coast to Coast.

5) Roger Stone - appeared on talk shows (like Info Wars)  and made HUNDREDS of statements praising Putin and Russia and spread Kremin lies about Ukraine.

6) Genral Flynn- past and present apologist for Russia. Spread Kremlin "US is poking the bear"  lies and propaganda about Russian invasion. Flynn's son is a big Alexi Joneskov fan and has appeared on several talk shows (as well as posting online) 100% defense of Russia.

7) Steve Bannon - has ALWAYS taken Russia's side on the conflict and continues to this day to host guests on his show which tow the Kremlin line.

Trump pardoned Manafort, Stone, and Papandopolis.

Trump so praised Putin SEVERAL times for invading Ukraine. Regarding Russia's invasion of Ukraine, Trump said Putin's action was "so smart."

“Well, he’s done an amazing job of taking the mantle," Trump said of Russian president Vladimir Putin in an interview with Fox News' Eric Bolling. "And he’s taken it away from the president, and you look at what he’s doing. And so smart. When you see the riots in a country because they’re hurting the Russians, okay, ‘We’ll go and take it over.’ And he really goes step by step by step, and you have to give him a lot of credit."

"Interestingly, I own the Miss Universe pageant," Trump added. "We just left Moscow. He could not have been nicer. He was so nice and so everything. But you have to give him credit that what he’s doing for that country in terms of their world prestige is very strong."

Trump also said in the interview that "the people of Crimea, from what I've heard, would rather be with Russia than where they were."

Trump's comments made in May 2014 speech to the National Press Club:

“And another country, wants to come in and join—they love Russia," he said then. "They say—now we send in our pollsters, we say, ‘That’s not true.’ Well, you know, guess what? They want to form with Russia. How the hell are we involved? Okay, we’re involved in all of this. Isn’t Europe supposed to be involved in this?”

So, either Trump is a dunce and useful idiot for the Kremlin OR he knew what he was doing on their behalf. Pick one.

I never stopped with Trump. I covered other issues back when this thread was in double digits:

"This was a long-term plan which was preceded by the Budapest Memorandum pushed through by 1960s sovietized Bill Clinton and Moscow frequent flyer left-wing RINO Sen. Dick Lugar. In 2005, Sen. Lugar and then Se. Obama (lifelong Marxist) went to Ukraine and paid off corrupt Ukrainian officials to destroy millions of surplus weapons and billions of round of ammunition plus artillery ammunition - all could have given to the villages and small towns as well as Territorial Defense units to help stop the Russians.

These were all long term plans and as far as the this bullshit from Alexi Joneskov and his crew telling the world that Ukrainian Nazis were overthrowing the "duly-elected" president Yanukovych this is another example of how the so-called patriot (pay-triot) alt right supports communists and Russia. Texas communist and Donetsk "Republic" fighter Russel Bentley is also portrayed as some freedom fighter by these CONservative frauds who use alternative medicine info, 2nd Amendment articles, globalist history, prepper info, immigration issues, etc. as the honeypot to attract unsuspecting conservatives then indoctrinate them with Kremlin BS."

I found out about Manafort's actions in 2010 - briefed at the Ukrainian Embassy in DC, long before Trump "picked" him. You are correct about the Kremlin-funded think tanks. And Tucker Carlson hired one of the biggest ones to ever come put of the propoganda ministry. Yes a large web of disinformation indeed.

Paul Manafort would often go around Trump, which is why Trump didn't trust him.  Unfortunately, Trump didn't have a lot of options as his opponents within the Republican party were truing to contest his nomination at the convention, and the only person on "his side" who any experience with this sort of thing was.....Paul Manafort.  Once he was inaugurated, several prominent "pro-Ukrainians were key members of the so-called "resistance" (LTC Alexander Vindman and his Karenesqe wife anyone?).   Throw in the Burisma/Hunter Biden thing and you can see where this leads.   Where Trump is just like most other politicians is that he is somewhat shallow, egotistical, vain, and holds grudges.  If you could inhibit his will to do and build great things, wreck his understanding of finance and mathematics, dull his inherent respect for the military, and the "laboring" classes, and knock about 60 points off his IQ, he'd be Joe Biden. only less corrupt.. Trump was also poorly served by many of the people he did appoint, often on the recommendation of others, and many folks who were pro-Ukraine among his appointees were also the ones who are most associated with the shenanigans to undermine him.  Given the current circumstances, such as the Invasion, a completely different Ukrainian Government, with Zelensky actually being a Trump-like candidate who was deeply unpopular with the Uke Deep State and establishment before the war, as well as the fact that much of the Uke "Deep State" responsible for assisting in the anti-Trump shenanigans previously is out of work (having been fired for corruption and/or incompetence), in exile, or has been arrested  for corruption and/or anti-Ukrainian/pro-Russian activates, Trump should be pro-Ukraine.  However, we live in the real world, where objective facts often take a long time to overcome hurt feelings, especially among the egotistical, which describes 99% of our political class.  In a better world than this, Ukraine would have had the sort of allies in DC that were ready from Day 1 to go to the mat for them, not offer strongly-worded protests and a plane-ride to escape until they were shamed into 'doing the "right thing" by the sacrifices of the Ukrainian citizenry when it was almost too late.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By CharlieR:
Meh.
That was one of the worst infantry assaults in the history of infantry assaults.  That one is up there as to what NOT to do.  

In Vietnam, the NVA developed hugging tactics as it was safer to get in close to the US units, as if you were too far away their artillery and CAS would eat you alive.  Clearly the Russians didn't get the memo.

View Quote

Probably been posted, I'm six days behind.  First of the month I was caught up, but not today, no sir I am not.

But the Soviets developed "hugging tactics" in Stalingrad.  Not saying nobody did it before, but they perfected it.

"Institutional Knowledge" is a thing.  My last gig, the area had six steam guys, counting the supervisor who was medically off ladder work.  There was one building that took six guys to turn on or off for summer/winter.  They'd been saying for a decade, "We gotta get a young guy to do a Vulcan mind-meld with this guy, say someone 45 who's experienced but looking to settle down to stability."  When I left, six years ago, they'd screwed him twice with early retirement, rejecting it because he was needed, but not getting the "Vulcan mind-meld" new guy.

Dunnigan and Nofi (Strategypage.com) had a story a decade or so ago, about how before the fall of the USSR, several privates froze to death on training.  A member of the Politburo asked, "Has the Russian Army forgotten how to use the great cloak?" and demanded, and received, a crash course for generals and colonels.  He taught the course, they slept out in the woods in only their great cloaks.  They then went on to the troops to pass on "their wisdom."

Institutional knowledge is a f-ing thing, dude.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3795 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top