Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3867 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:23:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Both tanks have mine rollers, nice.

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:24:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

View Quote

I'm guessing foreigners of some variety.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:25:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
Damn that looks rough... Can't imagine what the t62s look like.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
https://i.imgur.com/x49rzuV.jpg

Interior of The Louisiana T-90A.

From my other thread:

The state of a recently captured T-62

@ludder093
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:25:40 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

Sounds like the Japanese, right before Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Great pride these Ruskies have.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:25:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

View All Quotes

Me too.  Africa?  Syrians?
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:26:59 PM EDT
[#6]

From my other thread:

https://i.imgur.com/eSVI1bK.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/k7bAt7D.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ec3CBwo.jpg

@ludder093
View All Quotes

From my other thread:

https://i.imgur.com/eSVI1bK.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/k7bAt7D.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ec3CBwo.jpg

The state of a recently captured T-62

@ludder093
Fuck that... Russians are nasty.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:29:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MarineGrunt] [#7]
How did that guy get access to the documents? Some serious fuck ups to allow a breach like this.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/classified-document-leak-investigation-massachusetts-air-national-guardsman

FBI arrests Massachusetts Air National Guardsman Jack Teixeira in probe of classified document leaks
Jack Teixeira, 21, was arrested in Massachusetts on Thursday

FBI agents arrested Massachusetts Air National Guardsman Jack Douglas Teixeira at a home in North Dighton, Massachusetts, on Thursday in relation to a trove of classified documents that have been leaked online in recent months.

Attorney General Merrick Garland said that Teixeira, 21, is being investigated for the "alleged unauthorized removal, retention, and transmission of classified national defense information."

A large police presence could be seen at the home in North Dighton, which is about 35 miles south of Boston.

Teixeira, who worked on military intelligence systems on a full-time basis, had his security clearance and access to classified government systems revoked, according an internal government document reviewed by Fox News.

The National Guard said in a statement it is aware of the "alleged role a Massachusetts Air National Guardsman may have played in the recent leak of highly-classified documents" from the Pentagon.

"The National Guard takes this issue very seriously and will support investigators," the National Guard said in a statement. "National security is our foremost priority and any attempt to undermine it compromises our values and degrades trust among our members, the public, allies and partners.

Pentagon Press Secretary Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder called the leaks a "a deliberate criminal act," saying that distribution lists for classified information are being reviewed.

"We entrust our members with a lot of responsibility at a very early age," Ryder said at a press conference on Thursday.

"You've received training and you will receive an understanding of the rules and requirements that come along with those responsibilities, and you're expected to abide by those rules, regulations and responsibility. It's called military discipline. And in certain cases, especially when it comes to sensitive information, it also is about the law."

The New York Times originally identified Teixeira as the suspected leaker on Wednesday evening, reporting that he was the leader of a Discord group consisting of roughly 20 to 30 young men that went by the name Thug Shaker Central.

Teixeira allegedly starting sharing classified documents with the private group in recent months, but the leaks gained wider attention after another member shared them in a public forum, according to the report.

Deputy Secretary of Defense Kathleen Hicks sent a memo to Pentagon officials on Tuesday, warning employees against leaking classified information or downloading classified documents from unclassified sources.

"Do not access or download documents with classified markings from unclassified websites   either from home or work   as the data ma y be classified, it may be associated with hostile foreign elements, or it may contain malicious code or embedded capability that could introduce cyber threats into our information system," Hicks wrote in the memo, which was obtained by Fox News.

President Biden said earlier Thursday that the U.S. was "getting close" to finding the person responsible for leaking Pentagon documents that the Department of Defense has described as containing "sensitive and highly-classified material."  

"I can't right now [give an update]. There is a full-blown investigation going on with the intelligence community and Justice Department and they are getting close," Biden told reporters during his trip to Ireland. "I don't have an answer for you."  

The president also said, "I'm concerned that it happened, but there is nothing contemporaneous that I'm aware of that is of great consequence."  

The Washington Post first reported last night that the person behind the leaks worked on a military base and shared the classified information on the chat app Discord.

The top-secret intel that has been shared online included movements of high-ranking political leaders, updates on military forces, detailed charts of battlefield conditions in Ukraine and satellite images of the aftermath of Russian missile strikes on Ukrainian facilities. Other documents, according to the report, included the potential trajectory of North Korean ballistic nuclear missiles that could reach the U.S. and pictures and information on the surveillance technology attached to the Chinese spy balloon that the Biden administration allowed to float across the U.S. in February.

Fucking dumbass.
How did that guy get access to the documents? Some serious fuck ups to allow a breach like this.

He was intel and had access in accordance with his job.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#8]
God damn. That’s one of their better T-72 variants and it looks like they parked it in an open field with the hatches up.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:31:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
I can’t see how that information should have ever been so widely available that a national guard enlisted airman at Cape Cod or wherever should have had access to it. GWOT made us sloppy. The Taliban, ISIS and Islamic fundamentalists in general don’t have a strong HUMINT program. The radical level of sharing that worked there is reckless against Russia, who is sloppy now but has a history of outplaying us in the Great Game. It’s suicidal against China, who has us penetrated thoroughly.

ETA: A lot of the info we saw released should never have been put in any slide deck. Locations of SAMs? The sort of Americans who need to look at that don’t need it in a slide deck for a briefing. They need to map it for analysis and then report if it’s effective to the people who need to know if we should send more, or train more, but have no need to see the locations.
View Quote

If this ID of this OG guy is legit, this is truly terrible. I was hoping it was a disinfo OP or some trickery. Now it turns out some kid has access to all of it. Our country is truly fucked is so many un-serious kids have this level of access. Some Nat. Guard kid from Mass??!! Our allies really must distance themselves from this level of wanton incompetence.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:33:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Interior of The Louisiana T-90A.[/qu

ote]Looks like Russia maintenance
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:34:25 PM EDT
[#11]
God damn. That’s one of their better T-72 variants and it looks like they parked it in an open field with the hatches up.
View Quote

T-90A, the truck had transmission problems and the driver just left the trailer with the tank at a truck stop, unattended with open hatches.

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:34:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By LesBaer45:

Can't remember. Have they captured any T-14 Armata intact or semi-intact yet?

So few of them, maybe they weren't risked?
View Quote

Much more likely to capture a Russian T34 than a T14...
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:37:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Prime:

Wow. Great read and very believable.

At least he impressed some kids on the internet.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
https://wapo.st/3UvaNTQ

Leaker of U.S. secret documents worked on military base, friend says

THE DISCORD LEAKS | The online group that received hundreds of pages of classified material included foreigners, members tell The Post

April 12, 2023 at 9:36 p.m. EDT

Click To View Spoiler

Wow. Great read and very believable.

At least he impressed some kids on the internet.

I'm betting their were some Russian-speaking "teens" in the crowd who are either graduates of the Cherepovets Higher Military School of Radio Electronics or report to someone who did.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:37:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Agree, just…don’t know why this stuff is floating past a braggart like that. And I’m fundamentally concerned about allowing guys that young access to information. Young men are the backbone of the service, god bless them. But the same immaturity that we count on to get them to move to the sound of the guns sometimes is a liability sometimes. He isn’t be the first young man (or person of any age, but disproportionately young) that played with TS material to impress girls or boys. For this work I want someone middle aged, relatively free of insecurities, with a spouse or proven track record of acquiring sex or the respect of peers without having to expose the nations secrets.
View Quote

This seems to be who our country is producing. Socially isolated, insecure, generalized anxiety disorder, incel, permanent adolescents. The typical 21 year old from the WWII generation was an NFL quarterback in comparison.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:38:50 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

They're female?
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:38:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

If this ID of this OG guy is legit, this is truly terrible. I was hoping it was a disinfo OP or some trickery. Now it turns out some kid has access to all of it. Our country is truly fucked is so many un-serious kids have this level of access. Some Nat. Guard kid from Mass??!! Our allies really must distance themselves from this level of wanton incompetence.
View Quote

Still may be. Notice how the media found him before the FBI? ? Notice how the media was there for the arrest? This doesn't add up. But that is par for the course.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:39:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GAU5-A-A] [#17]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

The beginning of the end and the consequences of one of the most dynamic and astounding self-inflicted career-limiting maneuvers ever accomplished.
Hopefully that fukr has an extended experience with misery.
View Quote

Maybe, maybe not.

I was in SAC during the 1980s when the U.S. caught multiple military members selling classified info to our enemies.   Those that actually got sentenced were often later released from prison many years before the court intended.   And look up Christopher Cook, USAF missileer.   He did enormous damage to the U.S. and got off almost scott free.   Many of these dirtbags later wrote and profited from books about their espionage.

The USAF's internal reaction to Cook went so far beyond stupid that mere words cannot describe it.  Spending 6 months in Disneyland on an LSD trip would have made more sense.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:39:22 PM EDT
[#18]

@Tendar
My opinion regarding the so-called Discord Leaks? Well, that picture.

Almost everything has been more or less known before, sometimes even more accurately assessed by OSINT. The disposition map is even a lazy knock-off of ISW. Hell, even I sometimes withhold maps because I don’t want to disclose too much.

Despite being apparently genuine it is the most underwhelming information leak I saw. The intelligence assessments range from mediocre to outright wrong (e.g. Bakhmut encircling imminent, 7 weeks ago).

The leaker also didn’t do it for political reasons or money but to nurture his petty need of recognition. This also explains why the selected information leaks were weird or casual. It didn’t make sense and justifiably made many suspicious. Absolutely dumb for the leaker. He won’t see the sun without bars for the rest of his life.

Nevertheless, US intelligence community should seriously update their processes. Clearance level shouldn’t be everything. Why an airman of the national guard in Massachusetts needs access to intelligence assessments of Ukraine? Ever heard of need-to-know?

I admit that I didn’t read all pages, so I do not exclude that bombshells might still appear but from what I saw until now: yawn.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:39:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:40:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#20]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

They're female?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

They're female?

lol, it will be a shit show when we find out.  Maybe North Koreans?
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:41:01 PM EDT
[#21]

They put that shit on everything over there.
View Quote

True. It kinda tells it works at least a little. Otherwise...it just looks stupid.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:42:56 PM EDT
[#22]

This seems to be who our country is producing. Socially isolated, insecure, generalized anxiety disorder, incel, permanent adolescents. The typical 21 year old from the WWII generation was an NFL quarterback in comparison.
View Quote

Had to laugh at that thought. I remember Rush talking about the feminization of America decades ago...
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:43:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:45:37 PM EDT
[#24]

Biden has been off the Russian payroll for a while, I suspect he is slow rolling aid for other reasons. Personally I think he’s the same guy that was afraid to raid Abottabad and he’s afraid to smack the bear too hard. He’s mostly riding the train the national security establishment is driving.
View Quote

Probably. I sometimes suspect his Chinese handlers are telling him to slow roll the aid in order to wear down the US appetite for war and maybe draw down our war stocks. If they can keep the meatgrinder turning until they are ready to move on Taiwan, the US population may just say "no more war"...

Most likely the committee of leftist pacifists that are the hand up Xiden's ass are divided and arguing, trying to figure out what to do.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:46:37 PM EDT
[#25]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ftn75G3XwAEvR3m?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:48:07 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:48:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
Maybe, but in Intel circles the first action you take is often not arresting them, feeding them what you want leaked can be a useful tool, and the other side will still treat the material coming in as top notch.  

It could be that 24 hours after he started searching for files outside of his need to know he came under investigation.

If this isn't the case, we have some serious problems with data access.
View Quote

Sure but apparently the fed bois were the last to learn about this leak. It was all over twitter and everywhere else before they knew anything. The kid was shitting his pants laying low well before the chase actually started for him.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:49:34 PM EDT
[#28]

True. It kinda tells it works at least a little. Otherwise...it just looks stupid.
View All Quotes

They put that shit on everything over there.

Don't get me wrong, if I was using a T-tank I would be collecting and slapping on extra era too.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:50:55 PM EDT
[#29]
It would be cool if they rappel down through his roof and fly out of there with him.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FtnPA-rakAAwR_d?format=jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FtnSZgZaYAEwc_4?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

Now they over compensate with HRT and the whole circus. I guess trying to play him off like Carlos The Jackal instead of some kid they stupidly let baby sit all our secrets. Fucking clowns.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:54:38 PM EDT
[#30]

It’s probably old enough to have black powder or some other higher smoke producing explosive than others.
View Quote

It's the F1. Black Powder would make very white smoke. This is HE filled. But nothing special or extra.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:56:40 PM EDT
[#31]
So I guess some of the night vision goggles we sent to Ukraine are the now outdated PVS-7's.

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:59:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:59:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

The beginning of the end and the consequences of one of the most dynamic and astounding self-inflicted career-limiting maneuvers ever accomplished.
Hopefully that fukr has an extended experience with misery.
View Quote

This goes extra for the assholes that put this kid in contact with all the TS stuff, left unsupervised, un-scrutinized, un-suspected and un-detected for so many months. Fuck the whole unit and facility that he worked at.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:00:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#34]

It is laying in the net in the photo.  Ukrainian vehicle,  Russian drone dropped grenade.

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:00:58 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

WOW. That is lack of awareness!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:05:41 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Looks like shit!
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:13:59 PM EDT
[#37]

Now they over compensate with HRT and the whole circus. I guess trying to play him off like Carlos The Jackal instead of some kid they stupidly let baby sit all our secrets. Fucking clowns.
View Quote

That's what happens when you make the Dumbocrats look like the idiots they are
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:17:36 PM EDT
[#38]

It's the F1. Black Powder would make very white smoke. This is HE filled. But nothing special or extra.
View Quote

I can’t find info on what’s in the fuse apparently that’s where the old school stuff is sometimes used.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:18:46 PM EDT
[#39]

Yes. But also a total failure of leadership above him. A failure of the NSA and FBI as well. But I guess the FBI was busy tracking down “parading” violations from January 6th. That said they need to publicly hang this  little creep as an example to the next Bradley Manning and Edward Snowden.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:28:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Maybe the Xiden administration needs a scapegoat for a failed attempt to help Ukraine defeat russia.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:29:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By 1994LC3X:
Maybe the Xiden administration needs a scapegoat for a failed attempt to help Ukraine defeat russia.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:30:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:30:06 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

I guess Serbs are also an option, given that Wagner has been seen recruiting there.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:30:33 PM EDT
[#44]

I can’t find info on what’s in the fuse apparently that’s where the old school stuff is sometimes used.
View Quote

Called an EOD guy, he said many UZRG type fuzes have a black powder based delay charge.  

Depending on the manufacturer.

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:30:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By 1994LC3X:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:33:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:33:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Regarding previous discussion on the use, or lack of use, of razor wire by the Ukrainians:

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:35:52 PM EDT
[#48]

Called an EOD guy, he said many UZRG type fuzes have a black powder based delay charge.  

View All Quotes

That’s what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:39:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Just in case any one was wondering.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:44:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3867 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top