Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4077 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/22/2023 5:42:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By frankiebagadonuts:
Is the Belgorod attack strategically significant, or is this a Doolittle Raid?
View Quote

putin must either accept the humiliating loss of territory (which could gain momentum) or, with a Ukrainian counter offensive imminent, he must redeploy units that are desperately needed elsewhere.

That's not a symbolic dilemma.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 5:43:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Easterner] [#2]
View Quote

Kharkiv has been getting hammered from that direction. We took a trip to the Belgorod highway to deliver to the troops. That whole area was wrecked by Russia and was liberated. Belgorod was also a staging ground for equipment.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 5:48:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

I duped the IA and FSB bldgs in Belgorod getting boomed (Almighty got them a few posts above)…But here’s another interesting tweet.
View Quote

We need to secure our borders!
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 5:49:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m24shooter] [#4]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote

Clearly that battery commander is not aware of where he should be positioning his missiles. I have been assured that air defense missiles are fired behind the target missile in a chasing engagement.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 5:49:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By burnka871:

If believed it did force them move nuclear weapons. Other than that I'm going with Doolittle raid.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By burnka871:

If believed it did force them move nuclear weapons. Other than that I'm going with Doolittle raid.

If it forces Russia to post units in border towns all along the border it's significant. Until now the Russian border has been completely undefended. They have been assuming the risk of a nuclear response made deploying infantry unnecessary.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 5:50:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m] [#6]
https://twitter.com/TheDeadDistrict/status/1660682783835004928

Unpacking a captured Russian Mango APFSDS (BM42 with Zh-63) made in 2016.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 5:52:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:

putin must either accept the humiliating loss of territory (which could gain momentum) or, with a Ukrainian counter offensive imminent, he must redeploy units that are desperately needed elsewhere.

That's not a symbolic dilemma.
View Quote

There has to be some kind of response, and you would think a tightening of border security along the entire length. It really appears they just kind of hoped Ukraine wouldn't cross into Russian territory. Worse than the French and maginot line, literally their own border seemingly undefended which is wild considering they've been waging war for over a year on the country just opposite it.

Like they're saying oh don't worry it is only a hundred partisans. But that also speaks towards the readiness of their border defense. It's a mess for Russia. It's an amazing propaganda swing considering how long they've been building up the Bakhmut victory and how much that has cost them logistically, now a hundred dudes are just strolling through 3 villages in Russia relatively unopposed.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 5:53:27 PM EDT
[#8]
https://twitter.com/war_noir/status/1660384457814097922

#Russia / #Ukraine 🇷🇺🇺🇦: #Ukrainian Forces released a video of their attack on #Russian Positions; which seemingly carried out with noteable mortar & ammunition:

The fighters use #Czech 🇨🇿 120mm vz. 82 PRAM-L (Type 82) mortar with rare M62P10 HE mortar bombs, made by #Serbia 🇷🇸.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xDxhyDZgTfyotT4bAjwBBFWCsPiZgqzR/view

CAT-UXO
@CAT_UXO
This week we have Projectiles found in Ukraine for your download. As usual please drop us a line if you observe any typos, incorrect technical data or additions you think should be added. Together our knowledge saves lives. Follow this link to download the PDF from our google drive:
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 5:54:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I’m amazed that they are still producing obsolete ammunition.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 5:54:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

I fully agree this slow grind is horrible. I guess it depends on what the peace deal is. What deters Russia from invading? Ukraine is about 1/3 the population. They will need much more long range capability to deter Russia in the future. And there has to be acceptance of shelling and bombing Russian territory if the try to attack.

Neither of those seem to be in place yet or even on the “menu of acceptable responses”. As long as Russia can launch Shaheds from 2000 km they will. As long as the can produce Iskander they will and will eventually fire them.  Ukraine would need lots more ADA and then still live under constant threat. And given time they will develop new munitions to exploits any gaps.

Peace with a recoverable Russia is only possible if Ukraine is bristling with advanced weapons and the “permission” to use those weapons to strike as deep as necessary to eliminate threats. That does not seem to be on the 2023 horizon.
View Quote

I think we have to be realistic with goals and expectations. It's too late to deter Russia from invading and it's not in our ability to turn Russia into Sweden or Denmark. It's a miracle (of UA determination and RU ineptitude) that Ukraine is still functioning at all. Talk of "degrading" Russia, or eliminating them as a threat sounds great and may eventually happen but I dont think it should be a goal of aid. It's immoral (in my opinion) to hold up aid with this bullshit pretext of degrading Russia. Anyway its a filthy fucking lie since we are holding back crucial aid due to fear and cowardice (or corruption). Lets help Ukraine save themselves and everything else will fall into place with Russia.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 5:59:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/22/2023 5:59:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JustaGunNut] [#12]
Sprinkle some photos of Abrams, strykers, Bradley's, leos, and challengers in Ukraine near that region on social media and RU will have no choice but to pivot.

I'd have a whole album of geolocatable equipment that I could use for disinfo if I were Ukraine. Just tour the country with a few tanks, doctor them up so they don't look the same all the time, keep the images 14-30 days fresh.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:00:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:01:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Holy shit, I come home from work today to find that Ukraine has now invaded Russia! LMAO. This is too funny. I swear, the Ukrainians have become absolute masters at trolling Putin. They are as stubborn as the Scotts-Irish that occupy the Appalachians and have a sense of humor that reminds me of, well, us. LOL.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:03:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:09:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:11:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:12:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By JustaGunNut:
Sprinkle some photos of Abrams, strykers, Bradley's, leos, and challengers in Ukraine near that region on social media and RU will have no choice but to pivot.

I'd have a whole album of geolocatable equipment that I could use for disinfo if I were Ukraine. Just tour the country with a few tanks, doctor them up so they don't look the same all the time, keep the images 14-30 days fresh.
View Quote

I'd post and share vids and pics of friendly fire between Russians from the whole war if I was going the disinfo route. Spread panic and dissent and blow some air on the coals.

No need getting the populace thinking NATO is invading and have them double down. Get them choosing sides between their countrymen and the Kremlin
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:15:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:16:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
View Quote

So Russia is bombing it's own country and citizens?
Ukraine: You are my heroes.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:20:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
View Quote
Wonder if this was practice
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:21:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Massive Attack within Russia
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:22:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:23:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By stgdz:

I wouldn't put it past Ukraine to goad Putin into forcing them to fly it into combat like the kinzahal.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stgdz:
Originally Posted By kncook:
Originally Posted By ludder093:
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

Hopefully during this modernization process, some AN/APG-83 AESA radars find a home in the nose of these aircraft.
If an f-16 takes out an su-57 I may die from laughter.

They won’t risk the SU57 anywhere near a near-peer conflict.

I wouldn't put it past Ukraine to goad Putin into forcing them to fly it into combat like the kinzahal.

I'd laugh myself into a coma if a grenade drone suicided right into a jet intake of one.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:23:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
Holy shit, I come home from work today to find that Ukraine has now invaded Russia! LMAO. This is too funny. I swear, the Ukrainians have become absolute masters at trolling Putin. They are as stubborn as the Scotts-Irish that occupy the Appalachians and have a sense of humor that reminds me of, well, us. LOL.
View Quote
If we use the 2014 Crimea invasion standard this is just regular Russians with stuff they bought at a store to do this.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:26:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Man, I picked a bad day to be busy most the day

Haven't seen the thread move this fast in a while.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:26:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Well since putin has told the world that Ukraine is a made up culture and that Ukraine has always been russia, if Ukrainian forces were to breakout they could march all the way to moscow and it wouldn't count as an invasion.

It would simply be russians going to moscow.  Or in practical terms, a civil war.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thehun06:
What if this is the counter offensive but actually an offensive.

Well since putin has told the world that Ukraine is a made up culture and that Ukraine has always been russia, if Ukrainian forces were to breakout they could march all the way to moscow and it wouldn't count as an invasion.

It would simply be russians going to moscow.  Or in practical terms, a civil war.

I like the way you think. You should be in the State Dpt.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:28:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Orion_Shall_Rise:
Wait Russian have warehouses of pallets they aren't using?
View Quote

Pallets must be considered "Wonderwaffen" I haven't seen a single one out on the battlefield. I guess they are considered too valuable to let out into the field.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:28:25 PM EDT
[#29]
What a fantastic day this has been. Wow.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:30:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By sq40:
View Quote

It was much needed. My woman has been laughing her ass off at this news, and all the funny memes that popped up. After last night's attack, we needed something to get excited about.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:30:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:32:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:38:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Today is lit!
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:40:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

Clearly that battery commander is not aware of where he should be positioning his missiles. I have been assured that air defense missiles are fired behind the target missile in a chasing engagement.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

lol, never get out of the boat.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:40:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Ike838:

View All Quotes

He, she, it, they, them wouldn't last a dayl.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:41:28 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Yes it is . Can’t seem to git rid of this damn grin I’ve had  all day
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:41:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fixin2] [#38]
Take the gloves off, balls and all!

Keep the orders coming in. Give them PRSM’s.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:47:01 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Not an s-300 due to angle of launch?
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:47:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

Russia struggled to adequately equip the 300,000 guys they brought into the fold during the last mobilization. A full scale mobilization would be a total shitshow, to the point that I would expect the average Russian mobik to be kitted out like the D/LPR conscripts they handed WW2 helmets and Mosins.
View Quote
I would think it would be "keep going forward comrade, pick up the helmet from the body in front of you, go on to the next body pick up the rifle; maneuver to the 3rd one for ammo."
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

View All Quotes

I'd refuse to have the lobotomy that's required to work there.

Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:49:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:49:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

It was much needed. My woman has been laughing her ass off at this news, and all the funny memes that popped up. After last night's attack, we needed something to get excited about.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Easterner:

Glad to hear this after what you guys have been through.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:53:04 PM EDT
[#44]

So Russia is bombing it's own country and citizens?
Ukraine: You are my heroes.
View Quote

Ehh that's a Russian pastime, the do it on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:55:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:56:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#47]
This attack into Belgorod has also served to overshadow any propaganda claims Russia could make about Bakhmut.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:59:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Star_Scream] [#48]
Hahahaha

Russians invaded Russia and are voting to secede?

New favorite Russians, do they have some merch I can buy to support them?

Well tied for favorite Russians. I do have quite a few Shirogorov knives.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 7:04:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Croak:

So, could we call that a...pallet cleanser?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Croak:
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:
A nice campfire to enjoy watching their Russian shit get shot down (well on the news since that’s all the way up north)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/539199/IMG_7988-2825442.jpg

So, could we call that a...pallet cleanser?

You are clearly a DAD.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 7:04:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Regarding the countries that might provide F-16's for Ukraine.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/ukraines-f-16s-could-come-from-these-countries
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4077 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top