Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4158 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 6/3/2023 3:30:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
From the 2014 Green Vortidor incident it would appear Russian tradition calls for leaving the bridge intact. Until it is loaded with retreating troops and civilians. THEN you blow it to smithereens.
View Quote

Yep.   That particular chicken coming home to roost would be poetic.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 3:30:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#2]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Reports of a Russian drone and/or cruise missile attack for tonight.

View Quote

❗️ Launch of the S-300 from the BNR in the direction of Kharkiv Oblast. Stay in shelters.
https://t.me/zsuwar/32336

Residential building down in Dnipro.

THIS guy. Pro-Russian "War Monitor" chooses now of all times to crop out what actually got hit.

Link Posted: 6/3/2023 3:33:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Ukraine cannot be seen targeting civilians. Ukrainians are the good guys
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 3:36:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#4]
Russians “liberating” stores in partisan contested towns!  

And the RuAF are shelling them. Hilarity ensued.
https://twitter.com/albafella1/status/1665079029211316225

Link Posted: 6/3/2023 3:39:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:
From the 2014 Green Vortidor incident it would appear Russian tradition calls for leaving the bridge intact. Until it is loaded with retreating troops and civilians. THEN you blow it to smithereens.

Haha!  Sorry for this misspelling. But you recognized I was referring to the Green Corridor incident.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 3:42:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 3:47:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

I have the same fears and beliefs about our current admin.

Their PRIMARY GOAL is to just survive this politically. Their constituents in the dnc are 50% pacifists, beatniks, anti-military "code pink" types who hate all things military and dont believe in the concept of defense (self or national) and actual communist revolutionaries while the other 50% are do-gooder liberal types who see Putin as "make Russia great again conservative" that need to be shut down. So Xiden is trying to thread a needle to make everyone a little happy or only a little upset but keep his coalition together through 2024.

If 1 million more Ukrainians have to die so he can stay in power another 4 years to protect his family from prosecution then so be it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JQ66:

Because as long as its not a humilating route of the Ukrainians, he doesnt care.   It won't be another bloack mark on his hideous legacy, like the afghanistan abandonment was.
He doesnt care that slow walking weapons is causing more civilian casualties by prolonging the fighting.
And you can't dismiss the possibility that this POS is asking for tribute (kickback $j to provide the protection/new weapons.   Always a mafia POS slime, thats all he ever has been.

I have the same fears and beliefs about our current admin.

Their PRIMARY GOAL is to just survive this politically. Their constituents in the dnc are 50% pacifists, beatniks, anti-military "code pink" types who hate all things military and dont believe in the concept of defense (self or national) and actual communist revolutionaries while the other 50% are do-gooder liberal types who see Putin as "make Russia great again conservative" that need to be shut down. So Xiden is trying to thread a needle to make everyone a little happy or only a little upset but keep his coalition together through 2024.

If 1 million more Ukrainians have to die so he can stay in power another 4 years to protect his family from prosecution then so be it.

I suspect the motivation is on behalf of China who is playing both sides with the goal of a weakened and basically eliminated Russia since they have already purchased the US, leaving themselves as the true remaining superpower.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 3:53:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#8]
Governor Lysak says six injured so far.
https://t.me/dnipropetrovskaODA/5039

Video
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 3:53:38 PM EDT
[#9]
lol.

Link Posted: 6/3/2023 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
No Foxes from Germany.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxrVEqVXsAI3I6e?format=jpg&name=medium

FFG APC (GER version of US BATT UMG)
View Quote

https://www.armoredcars.com/vehicles/batt-umg/

This is an excellent idea; COTS chassis and spare parts with a huge built-in support base, and a good ratio of dismounts to crew (which is one reason why the HMMWV is pretty awful and needs to go).
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 4:08:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By mancow:

I suspect the motivation is on behalf of China who is playing both sides with the goal of a weakened and basically eliminated Russia since they have already purchased the US, leaving themselves as the true remaining superpower.
View Quote

Maybe now but China expected this SMO to go as planned, as briefed by Putin and China told him to wait until after the Olympics. I'm sure China was hoping for an easy victory for Russia with lots (more) of dithering, corruption, and weakness from the USA and NATO to set the stage for Taiwan. Maybe if Russia really had a cake walk China could "talk" Taiwan into a soft takeover.  Now they are trying to profit from both sides and hoping the West gets over extended and war fatigue sets in for the Taiwan Op's. China is asshore.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 4:15:11 PM EDT
[#12]

On most ships the “No Smoking” sign announces a restricted activity. On a Russian ship “No Smoking” is the day’s damage control report! Could change at any moment though.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/3/2023 4:17:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

https://www.armoredcars.com/vehicles/batt-umg/

This is an excellent idea; COTS chassis and spare parts with a huge built-in support base, and a good ratio of dismounts to crew (which is one reason why the HMMWV is pretty awful and needs to go).
View Quote

Let me guess, f550 frame?
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 4:20:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Again Milley is a two faced pony dog. He states the case that F16 and modern tanks are essential. Great, thx. But then we deliver just 31 tanks and zero ZERO F 16s?  

Based on what he is saying I would expect he follows with: And this is why the United States will be sending to Ukraine 300 Abram tanks and 100 F16 fighters.
View Quote

He really stood up for US and allies in the A-stan "withdrawal"... He's doing the absolute minimum possible.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#15]

He really stood up for US and allies in the A-stan "withdrawal"... He's doing the absolute minimum possible.
View Quote

Ironically
Enough Ukraine also did their part during that while we were impotent
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 4:27:26 PM EDT
[#16]

How in the world does any DNA on the boat prove that person was on it in that time period? And how big is this boat? How deep is the pipeline?  I assume it is at least a couple hundred foot depth? Takes a bit of equipment to dive that deep and set enough charges to make a clean cut.

There was a much more plausible Russian ship in the area that would be more suspect. You could probably find DNA on it too!
View Quote

It is interesting. I think "they" collected evidence from the boat including DNA (could be blood, hair, etc) and through "methods" found out who was on the boat, probably by simply looking at customs or docking/departure logs from the dock. Then they followed up on one of the names, obtained DNA from a child supposedly from said person and boom, got a match.

There are lots of holes and questions but I wouldn't expect them to publicize their whole case. The person in question (source of DNA) was allegedly a member of the UA at some point. It would be interesting to find out his service record. But I doubt it will say "left 3rd Bn, to attend the GUR academy...".
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 4:27:44 PM EDT
[#17]
We haven't heard any mention of the SAMP/T air defense battery gifted to Ukraine by Italy/France, though we know it has been in-country now for a while. Being the SAMP/T is a bit more mobile than Patriot, perhaps Ukraine intends to use it closer to the front to protect its ground troops when the offensive begins? The IRIS-T SLS and SLM systems are also quite mobile and would be good for protecting the maneuver forces.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 4:46:18 PM EDT
[#18]

I agree with most of this (unfortunately). I dont know/think Orban is "extremely corrupt" or extremely nationalistic and maybe got some promises from Putin, either nuke plant help or possible the return of some ex-Hungarian territory that is part of Ukraine. Maybe just promises of very favorable rights for Hungarian minorities living in Ukraine. Whatever the reason, there is little "good" reasons for Orban's stance vis a vis Russia and Ukraine and it is negative for Hungary short term and especially long term.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bigstick61:

I remember reading some articles on him in conservative periodicals from the year before the war started talking about a lot of indicia of corruption on his part being present and that some of the ostensibly conservative legislation (which had some good and bad features) appeared to be set up to divert funds to himself and his friends.  I bet he's extremely corrupt, using his nationalist side as a political tool to hold into power (which is a big part of what nationalism is about), and that Russia used that to get its hooks into him.  IMO he's most likely compromised.  I don't think this aspect of his policy is to Hungary's benefit, either, despite some apologies from certain people here who are from Hungary or have Hungarian ancestry and I don't consider the nuclear power plant issue to be an adequate explanation for most of his behavior, especially at this point.  

The unfortunate thing about Orban is that the likely alternatives are worse from a domestic policy perspective, as I'm sure if he got the boot the probability of replacement by a Leftist and pro-EU type is considerable.

I do find it interesting how the nationalist and populist elements of the Right in Europe have almost entirely across the board come to have a special affinity with Russia, which is also true in the U.S., along with some other Rightists not of that stripe.

I agree with most of this (unfortunately). I dont know/think Orban is "extremely corrupt" or extremely nationalistic and maybe got some promises from Putin, either nuke plant help or possible the return of some ex-Hungarian territory that is part of Ukraine. Maybe just promises of very favorable rights for Hungarian minorities living in Ukraine. Whatever the reason, there is little "good" reasons for Orban's stance vis a vis Russia and Ukraine and it is negative for Hungary short term and especially long term.

Oh, he's definitely a nationalist. If you were to combine ethno-centric nationalism with conservatism (a poor fusion, since nationalism is at odds with traditional conservatism, but it happens) and give it an authoritarian streak, you'd have a pretty close approximation of Orban ideologically, IMO. Throw in corruption and the pro-Russian stuff to complete the picture.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 5:02:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 6/3/2023 5:06:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyInfantryVet] [#20]
Originally Posted By Prime:

Launch of the S-300 from the BNR in the direction of Kharkiv Oblast. Stay in shelters.
https://t.me/zsuwar/32336

Residential building down in Dnipro.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxuLwnUXsAIoqEd?format=jpg&name=900x900
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxuLwrmWIAEG_vC?format=jpg&name=medium

THIS guy. Pro-Russian "War Monitor" chooses now of all times to crop out what actually got hit.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fxt2BEzXoAMEZlt?format=jpg&name=900x900

View Quote

Russians terror bombing again.

It's not going to break them.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 5:12:09 PM EDT
[#21]
I know we hate CNN but this is good coverage.

Hear why retired general believes Ukraine took drone use to a ‘new level’

30+ clandestine factories building drones for the Ukraine Army. Hoping for 200,000+ damn. And I love the drone "laboratory" where they're trying out a bunch of new things, tactics and practicing. These guys seem like they don't just think they're going to win. They KNOW they're going to win.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 5:12:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 5:19:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#23]

"The official version is already on Putin's desk - all Patriot batteries are destroyed. No one dares to tell him the truth," he wrote on Twitter.

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/3/2023 5:26:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 6/3/2023 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#25]
You know, Biden could stop this by telling Russia "keep up the terror bombings and Ukraine gets 500 atacms missiles to use as they see fit.". Oh course that would require having a strong leader.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 5:41:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:
I know we hate CNN but this is good coverage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhkcZi0Jr0I

30+ clandestine factories building drones for the Ukraine Army. Hoping for 200,000+ damn. And I love the drone "laboratory" where they're trying out a bunch of new things, tactics and practicing. These guys seem like they don't just think they're going to win. They KNOW they're going to win.
View Quote

Fantastic they are taking an entrepreneurial approach. Hopefully this sets a new standard for defense development and helps breaks up the monopoly of Ukroboronprom even in the heavier equipment categories. As I understand it that conglomerate is a source of much of the corruption. Replace it with smaller and more diverse and competitive manufacturers.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

"The official version is already on Putin's desk - all Patriot batteries are destroyed. No one dares to tell him the truth," he wrote on Twitter.

I like the meme in one of the comments. It ought to be posted every time Putin is mentioned.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:07:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
We haven't heard any mention of the SAMP/T air defense battery gifted to Ukraine by Italy/France, though we know it has been in-country now for a while. Being the SAMP/T is a bit more mobile than Patriot, perhaps Ukraine intends to use it closer to the front to protect its ground troops when the offensive begins? The IRIS-T SLS and SLM systems are also quite mobile and would be good for protecting the maneuver forces.
View Quote

The German PATRIOT battery is truck mounted by the way.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:07:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Kingsmen:
You know, Biden could stop this by telling Russia "keep up the terror bombings and Ukraine gets 500 atacms missiles to use as they see fit.". Oh course that would require having a strong leader.
View Quote

That nearly dead fool doesn’t have a clue what’s going on.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:10:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By thehun06:

He is not wrong. Russia is a 3rd rate military force.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thehun06:
Blinken stole the "2nd strongest IN UKRAINE" joke.

He is not wrong. Russia is a 3rd rate military force.
They are great at suppressing unarmed civilian populations in Africa
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:12:36 PM EDT
[#31]
#1741 Birthday present for Yevgeny Prigozhin from employees

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/IMG_3139-2837877.jpg
https://t.me/rsotmdivision/7780
View Quote
What to get this billionaire.

Hey, how about a noose?
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:14:14 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:14:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By kncook:

That nearly dead fool doesn’t have a clue what’s going on.
View Quote

Yeah at this point our country is being led by his handlers
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:16:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By The_Gooch:
Do a modern rendition of the T34 Calliope but arm it with dozens of Javelins or NLAW.

https://i.imgur.com/hBtWXPU.jpg

View Quote
We should have kicked the shit out of Russia after WWII.

Cut off lend lease and they would have collapsed
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:21:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By yekimak:

It's been a rough couple days watching TG channels and seeing stories like this. Kids blown up on the way to shelters, kids killed by falling debris or butterfly bombs. Kids screaming down the streets of Kiev.

Yeah I know alot of it is propaganda, but even if only a percent of it is true...

Just fuck. I'm an anarchist. I hate war. And government. I work diligently to try and find an objective truth to situations or at least attempt to get a broad view of things before forming and opinion. And sometimes I just don't have the data to develop one and just sort of default to not caring or only bothering to care when I am put in a position to have to.

But fuck.

Fuck putin. And fuck anyone who has the exact same ability to find information as I do yet is either passive or for his actions. Anything less than a slow, wasting death is to good for anyone who supports this invasion.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By yekimak:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxoYkdFXgAIaWuw?format=jpg&name=medium

It's been a rough couple days watching TG channels and seeing stories like this. Kids blown up on the way to shelters, kids killed by falling debris or butterfly bombs. Kids screaming down the streets of Kiev.

Yeah I know alot of it is propaganda, but even if only a percent of it is true...

Just fuck. I'm an anarchist. I hate war. And government. I work diligently to try and find an objective truth to situations or at least attempt to get a broad view of things before forming and opinion. And sometimes I just don't have the data to develop one and just sort of default to not caring or only bothering to care when I am put in a position to have to.

But fuck.

Fuck putin. And fuck anyone who has the exact same ability to find information as I do yet is either passive or for his actions. Anything less than a slow, wasting death is to good for anyone who supports this invasion.
A few months in when they were uncovering the murders and tortures of both adults and kids, that was rough.

Sad but at least we can now morn individual losses
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:26:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Will the F-16 Turn the Tide in Ukraine: A Warographics Analysis
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:27:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

View Quote

Yeah, I actually have a preference for the way the German launchers and components are mounted on MAN 8X8 trucks versus the trailer mounted method we use. I am sure both methods have their own pros and cons, but I see more pros with the 8x8 truck mounted systems.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:28:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyInfantryVet] [#38]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
A few months in when they were uncovering the murders and tortures of both adults and kids, that was rough.

View Quote

I thought the age of that kind of brutality from a "great power" had gone into the dustbin of history after WW2. It's been really crazy to see this kind of total war stuff going on.

My guess is the Russians feel they "own" Ukraine and Ukraine owes Russia fealty to the end. So Ukraine wanting to join Europe is like an abused wife wanting to leave her psychotic husband and he has to kill the wife so no one else can have her.

Meh. They're just shit
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:35:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By xd675:

Drop it all.  Sink any ships approaching Crimea.  Isolate all of the Russians in the area, then cut the water off again.  Without resupply from Russia they will be under pressure to surrender without AFU trying to force the narrows.

Alternatively they can use them in negotiating peace.  In exchange for Russian citizens being repatriated to Russia for a return to our 2014 borders.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By xd675:
Originally Posted By JQ66:
Lt General Ben Hodges doesn't think Ukraine is going to target the Kerch bridge. Makes a fair argument that the Ukrainians would want to keep it open so the Russian troops and civilians can evacuate on it after the land bridge and ship supplies to Crimea are cut off.

They could at least wreck one span

Drop it all.  Sink any ships approaching Crimea.  Isolate all of the Russians in the area, then cut the water off again.  Without resupply from Russia they will be under pressure to surrender without AFU trying to force the narrows.

Alternatively they can use them in negotiating peace.  In exchange for Russian citizens being repatriated to Russia for a return to our 2014 borders.

Drop a span or two so they cannot use it anymore. At the first Anniversary of Crimea’s Liberation have a massive beach party in which a lucky Ukrainian, chosen by lot, gets to drop the plunger and blow the bridge all the way to the Russian border live on TV as the climax of the event.

Leave the Russian half as a monument to Vatnik failure and a giant Fuck You to Russia.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:44:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:46:36 PM EDT
[#41]

Truly the savior of Western civilization.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:47:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:48:40 PM EDT
[#43]

I thought the age of that kind of brutality from a "great power" had gone into the dustbin of history after WW2. It's been really crazy to see this kind of total war stuff going on.

My guess is the Russians feel they "own" Ukraine and Ukraine owes Russia fealty to the end. So Ukraine wanting to join Europe is like an abused wife wanting to leave her psychotic husband and he has to kill the wife so no one else can have her.

Meh. They're just shit
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chaingun:

Meh. They're just shit

That notion of total war is very totalitarian/socialistic.  As long as major powers with those ideologies in power exist you'll see it whenever they go to war.  Russia certainly has never shaken off that mentality despite the collapse of the USSR.  It certainly did not go away after WWII.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:49:36 PM EDT
[#44]

Too much technical jargon but sounds bad!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

If you can bend a prop shaft or disconnect a reduction gear from all the other fiddly bits, then you don't have to sink her, you'll just consign her to dry dock for 10 years.

Source: Naval Engineering Night School for Kids Who Want to Read Good, and Do Other Stuff Too

Too much technical jargon but sounds bad!

It’s worse than bad, it would mean the engineering plant would be permanently fucked and the ship would have to be dry-docked while they cut out the old reduction gears and put in a whole new set. It would take a year or longer….assuming they just don’t scrap the ship as uneconomical to repair. A reduction gear set requires high precision manufacturing to build, they are super expensive and time consuming to fabricate. If it goes, the ship isn’t moving under its own power again until repaired/replaced.

Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:52:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:57:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Kingsmen:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:58:08 PM EDT
[#47]

Yeah, I actually have a preference for the way the German launchers and components are mounted on MAN 8X8 trucks versus the trailer mounted method we use. I am sure both methods have their own pros and cons, but I see more pros with the 8x8 truck mounted systems.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

Trailer mount equipment is always cheaper to produce and maintain. You can use a much smaller power unit (tractor) to pull the heavy weight rather than to carry it. Economically and logistically trailer mount makes sense. For a large fleet of equipment this makes a lot of sense.

But for the limited number of patriot systems in use at any one theater?  And in a combat environment where mobility equals survivability?  Truck mount seems to be more practical.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:58:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#48]

Link Posted: 6/3/2023 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#49]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_1201-2839111.jpg
View Quote

Perfect! Let Russia start destroying
their own cities for a change.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 7:17:11 PM EDT
[#50]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxugJc3WwAEkfX3?format=jpg&name=large

View Quote

Jagga Jagga.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4158 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top