Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4250 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 5:59:23 PM EDT
[#1]

(And Russians seem to love this kind of imagery too)
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:05:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:05:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Article is behind a paywall.

https://www.economist.com/europe/2023/06/13/how-kyiv-fended-off-a-russian-missile-blitz-in-may
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:09:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

I hate WarGonzo.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
7 min ago.

I hate WarGonzo.

I do too, but I like when he describes the Russian situation as "difficult."   Everywhere he is at usually suffers grave misfortune.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:09:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
France Uncovers Major Russian Disinformation Operation.

I remember GD posting weird sites the the New Zeeland Daily Telegraph that had fuck all to do with the actual Daily Telegraph.
In short when GD posts 'evidence' it's wise to check via the real cited source.  

"This campaign is based in particular on the creation of fake web pages impersonating national media and government sites as well as the creation of false accounts on social networks"

"France condemns these actions unworthy of a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council," Foreign Minister Catherine Colonna said."

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20230613-france-says-uncovers-major-disinformation-campaign-waged-by-russia
View Quote

Some of us were smart enough to call it a while ago but good to see it in print.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:17:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:22:15 PM EDT
[#7]
If memory serves me correctly, we have a few MOAB's that are about to hit their expiration date.

See my point?

CMOS
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:24:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By CMOS:
If memory serves me correctly, we have a few MOAB's that are about to hit their expiration date.

See my point?

CMOS
View Quote

We would also need to give them a strategic bomber also nearing end of life
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:31:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By woozman:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By woozman:
Originally Posted By CMOS:

See my point?

CMOS

MOABs are delivered from C-130s.

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:34:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:34:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

View Quote

Could you launch one horizontally?
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:36:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

When I was a cadet we had an NG tank battalion that was close and they used M60A3s (49AD was M60A3 TTS at that time, still had M113s, but M1s and Brads were on the near horizon in the late 80s/early 90s). It was awesome to be able to go to their drills, and being close to Ft Hood we got to see those along with M1A1s. The Abrams were nice, but those A3 TTS were just killer, at least to me. Personally I am going to enjoy seeing those come out of storage and hopefully be put to good use. Really interesting to see these Cold War tanks line up after all these years. Might get to see if MBT and Team Yankee got their stats and charts right after all.
View Quote

I found a 105mm bore sight kit in one of the 49AD Storage lockers. It was very old
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:38:39 PM EDT
[#13]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fygnri7acAIn2iz?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
View Quote
I wouldn't want to be Kadyrov's goat tonight

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:39:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By KELBEAST:

View All Quotes

They are gravity bombs . . .
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:47:33 PM EDT
[#15]
lol.

View Quote
I know right. Here comes the tier 1 stuff, honest.

More like depleted copium rounds, made with the finest steel penetrators.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
View All Quotes

Let's give Ukraine a couple of C-130's, a couple of MOAB's, and a couple of months and see what they can come up with.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:53:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By darkd0r:

Let's give Ukraine a couple of C-130's, a couple of MOAB's, and a couple of months and see what they can come up with.
View Quote
Its fun to dream but a C130 isn't going to last long in the air there.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:55:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lieh-tzu] [#18]
View All Quotes

The correct answer is: you can if you use a treadmill.

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:55:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m24shooter] [#19]

View Quote

You could, but why?
ETA: Some of you need to brush up on Clancy.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:59:30 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't know why this appeared in my recommended videos.

Highly motivated Russian lawyer drafted during mobilization on leave in Moscow after seven months in Ukraine interviewed by an American it sounds like.  

There's a "before" interview from last year somewhere on that channel if anyone cares.

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:00:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

I found a 105mm bore sight kit in one of the 49AD Storage lockers. It was very old
View Quote

Nice. I think they got rid of the A3s by around 95 and went to the M1A1.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:01:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Its fun to dream but a C130 isn't going to last long in the air there.
View Quote

I got it.

A million balloons.

Fill em with hydrogen for more lift. When they launch it, also let loose dozens of  radar reflectors suspended by even more balloons as decoys.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:06:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: easttxshooter] [#23]

View Quote

Why would you want to?

Beat, both by Clancy fans and people who didn't get it
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:07:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

Some of the reports I read mention the nukes were sent to Belarus for storage. Does Belarus have any launch capability separate from Russian controlled assets?

If not , Lukashenko is a twat for saber rattling with only a scabbard. He may want to check with his boss’ boss (Xi) before mouthing off.
View Quote
yes, they have delivery capabilities; RU controls release and action authorities.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:14:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#25]
Recent Perun video. Tons of info on long range fires, specifically USArmy, but covers history, why we don’t have them and what is coming. Touches on Air Force relationship and concerns as well as comparison with Marine plans. The big question is What quantities will be produced? A few hundred super expensive models or a mix of thousands of cheaper models along with super amazing and expensive models?
The race for long-range fires, Is the US army outranged? - missiles, cannons & Long-range precision
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:16:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Strap a couple JATO bottles to the damn thing and let 'er rip.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:20:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
yes, they have delivery capabilities; RU controls release and action authorities.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

Some of the reports I read mention the nukes were sent to Belarus for storage. Does Belarus have any launch capability separate from Russian controlled assets?

If not , Lukashenko is a twat for saber rattling with only a scabbard. He may want to check with his boss’ boss (Xi) before mouthing off.

Just saw this follow up Tweet. What an idiot.

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:22:56 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Comrade, pls.

But seriously, could you drop one from that AN-124 that Canada is conveniently giving to Ukraine? Hell they could even fly the bomb over in it direct from North America

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:24:35 PM EDT
[#29]

Just saw this follow up Tweet. What an idiot.

View Quote
well…that is an interesting development. When they were spinning this up the word was that they were forward deploying those assets but RU maintained control. Either way, they are lying about something. Certainly presents a dilemma for taking action if it comes to it. A true get both situation.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:24:37 PM EDT
[#30]

Comrade, pls.

https://i.ibb.co/JCZq31x/IMG-7556.jpg

But seriously, could you drop one from that AN-124 that Canada is conveniently giving to Ukraine? Hell they could even fly the bomb over in it direct from North America

https://i.ibb.co/4pDpVyg/IMG-7557.jpg
View Quote

Since its probably just going to get shot down anyways, why not just pack the thing to the gills with explosives and kamikaze it into a tender spot?
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:25:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Recent Perun video. Tons of info on long range fires, specifically USArmy, but covers history, why we don't have them and what is coming. Touches on Air Force relationship and concerns as well as comparison with Marine plans. The big question is What quantities will be produced? A few hundred super expensive models or a mix of thousands of cheaper models along with super amazing and expensive models?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A31fegpaAI
View Quote

Seems like we're moving toward rocket artillery for long range fire missions. If people were iffy about it before, I think HIMARS was a big slap in the face.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Freedom Legion still taking the fight to Russia!
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:29:50 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Freedom of Russia legion should be part of this grand push big time. I really hoped they would have a tentative supply of reinforcements based on how things went and they would probably do magnificently coming behind the Russian lines from the north. Damn that’d have been amazing.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:30:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By centex_SR-15:
I don't know why this appeared in my recommended videos.

Highly motivated Russian lawyer drafted during mobilization on leave in Moscow after seven months in Ukraine interviewed by an American it sounds like.  

There's a "before" interview from last year somewhere on that channel if anyone cares.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-VUAeRMGQU
View Quote

Good video, nice to see other perspectives. Contains some of the same old BS. "US & Europe created a hostile government in Ukraine, flooded them with arms, and made them to attack Russia. We had to strike first to defend ourselves." That guy actually sounds more sane and reasonable than some of the Russophiles in GD.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:30:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Yeah. I suspect Lukashenko “exaggerating “ his authority. He is an idiot either way: if he has it bragging on SM about it is not diplomacy or effective military threat. If he doesn’t have it he is just hot air. I get the sense he like the kid whose dad parked the caddy in the garage for the week out of town and Lukashenko is bragging how it is his. Putin is likely trying to set him up as the fall guy for any use of tac nukes. He is a dead man and don’t know it yet.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:33:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By MarkNH:

Mods here can't ban people, only site staff (and higher) can do that. The expiration of Jack's ban is between him and the site staff (osprey21) that banned him.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MarkNH:
Originally Posted By sywagon:
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
Originally Posted By blueballs:
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Free jack67

Free jack67

We need less trash like Oswald and more jack67s

Why isn't jack67's ban expired yet?
Having been a mod / admin elsewhere, I would bet that he isn't willing to provide a mea culpa and he got personal with the mods without offering an apology. The informal posted warning he got for his comments in this thread regarding moderation of his posts in the other was going that direction for sure. Mods are volunteers providing an important service and not to be called out like that.

Mods here can't ban people, only site staff (and higher) can do that. The expiration of Jack's ban is between him and the site staff (osprey21) that banned him.

Thanks for the explanation. He was a great contributor - hope they can work it out.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:35:08 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:35:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:

Freedom of Russia legion should be part of this grand push big time. I really hoped they would have a tentative supply of reinforcements based on how things went and they would probably do magnificently coming behind the Russian lines from the north. Damn that’d have been amazing.
View All Quotes

Who knows? That may still happen. I think UA is going to keep letting RuAF coalesce in the south and then maybe attack in the north along the border area in support of RDK/Legion to really mess with Russian logistics and at the point of most chaos, use their current footholds to drive hard in the south for the Azov Sea.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:40:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:47:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Fun video of Garand Thumb and crew testing drones against infantry using info from Ukraine. Test drone is a Mavic 2 with baby powder grenade. Some realistic Rooskie trench panic and pants shitting included for free. Some of his recent vids are just too goofy for me to watch but this was a good blend of lighthearted fun with serious testing.
Ukrainian Death Drones; we hunt each other using drones
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:50:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:50:27 PM EDT
[#42]

Freedom of Russia legion should be part of this grand push big time. I really hoped they would have a tentative supply of reinforcements based on how things went and they would probably do magnificently coming behind the Russian lines from the north. Damn that'd have been amazing.
View Quote

But it's like Sherman's "March to the Sea" campaign. They can tie down a bunch of Russian forces that are going crazy trying to find them. While destroying important links that keep the Russian army supplied.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:51:59 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

I'm pretty sure C130's are launched horizontally.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:55:02 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Never disappoints.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:55:10 PM EDT
[#45]

Who knows? That may still happen. I think UA is going to keep letting RuAF coalesce in the south and then maybe attack in the north along the border area in support of RDK/Legion to really mess with Russian logistics and at the point of most chaos, use their current footholds to drive hard in the south for the Azov Sea.
View Quote

I don't even think Ukraine knows how this will play out. They are clearly making moves to pressure Russia at points of political (Bakhmut) or strategic (Mariupol corridor) vulnerability.

They're pushing Russia and hoping the Russians fuck up somewhere in their response; an improperly withdrawn unit here, green units spread too thin somewhere else, etc. Where that fuckup occurs determines where the primary blow falls.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:58:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Bongino finally (!) made the connection today on his podcast that it appears the Burisma exec who paid the Biden's appears to be a Russian agent.

Finally!!! I've only been screaming that every time he brings up Burisma the past 2 years.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 8:14:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Bongino finally (!) made the connection today on his podcast that it appears the Burisma exec who paid the Biden's appears to be a Russian agent.

Finally!!! I've only been screaming that every time he brings up Burisma the past 2 years.
View Quote

Man oh man, very late to the party but glad someone in that sphere actually thought about what they are reading. His obvious does it have to be? The Ukraine govt prosecutor was going after Burisma and Hunter. Burisma paid Bidens to force out the prosecutor (FJoe’s infamous $1 Billion video brag). Now FJoe is foot dragging Ukraine aid.

I hope Bongino is doing massive mea culpas and starts using his “discovery” to expose Tucker and many other’s false claims.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 8:15:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 8:24:29 PM EDT
[#49]
to expose Tucker and many other's false claims.
View Quote

Not gonna hold my breath on that
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 8:30:25 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

Sure buy why would you want to?
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4250 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top