Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4604 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 8/1/2023 9:22:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 9:24:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
View Quote
FINALLY!  Someone in the US government has the balls to speak up.

My opinion of Lindsey Graham is on an upswing lately.  He seems to be fairly clued in - and he might be an actual US loving Conservative.  What crazy times we live in . . .

Link Posted: 8/1/2023 9:24:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Pg 4604 says hit the tower again
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 9:31:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Girkin and people like him are both right and wrong.  Really more wrong.
They’re right in that Russia has NEVER brought enough manpower to conquer Ukraine since day one.  Full mass mobilization is their only chance at winning militarily outright.  Besides NATO chickening out.
They’re wrong in that real, full mobilization probably creates more problems than it solves.  It was a shitshow at a tenth the amount of manpower that Russia needs to win outright.   They can barely supply circa 250K men in the field.  And I use the word “supply” loosely.  An army of 2 million would literally starve to death.
Full mobilization would also probably be seen by NATO as a direct threat because it would give Russia the capability to throw bodies at political goals (Poland/The Baltics) where they can’t now.  I’d go so far as to say that Poland would see it as an imminent threat and begin mass mobilization as well, and probably join the war either covertly or overtly.  Finland would probably mobilize.
More and better arms would flow to Ukraine.
The only things full mobilization can guarantee is a lot more dead Russians and the total collapse of the Russian Empire.  It would make 1917 look tame.
I think Girkin is an intelligent man but I think he has a large blind spot about what is actually possible for Russia as opposed to what he would like to be possible.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
Originally Posted By ad_nauseam:
Russia is making the same mistake Germany made in WWII, or before WWII. See, Russia was fully industrialized and mobilized for war - the entire society. Women drove combines, kids worked in factories making ammo.  Russia was fully in the war mode way before 1939, or 1941.  In fact Stalin started the program in late 20's, early 30's.

Germany did not industrialize the society to the same extent.  They kind of did, towards the end, but it was too little, too late.

I knew from day one of the "Special Operation" that RF is not going to win until they declare total war, total mobilization (meaning everyone 16-60). Insert everyone.gif And like during WWII times, the entire civilian production shifts to war production. Bike factories making PPSH submachine guns, etc. etc.  They can't have it both ways. Maintain a normal peaceful society and win on that front.  If they mobilized everyone, Ukraine would not stand a chance, it would get captured the same way Berlin did (200K lost in just the Berlin battle).

Not that I endorse this, just saying.

That's exactly what Girkin and some others have been calling for for over a year. They need FULL national mobilization. They've got the rhetoric and propaganda. But they haven't pulled the trigger. They're happy to uproot all the villages in Dagestan and Buryatia, but they don't want to upset the apple carts in Moscow and St. Petersburg. I mean, those are exactly the young people who have the least support for Putin's war. Watch another 1420 video, and tell me full mobilization in Moscow & St Petersburg is likely to be successful for Putin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSgck7RGG14

They’re right in that Russia has NEVER brought enough manpower to conquer Ukraine since day one.  Full mass mobilization is their only chance at winning militarily outright.  Besides NATO chickening out.
They’re wrong in that real, full mobilization probably creates more problems than it solves.  It was a shitshow at a tenth the amount of manpower that Russia needs to win outright.   They can barely supply circa 250K men in the field.  And I use the word “supply” loosely.  An army of 2 million would literally starve to death.
Full mobilization would also probably be seen by NATO as a direct threat because it would give Russia the capability to throw bodies at political goals (Poland/The Baltics) where they can’t now.  I’d go so far as to say that Poland would see it as an imminent threat and begin mass mobilization as well, and probably join the war either covertly or overtly.  Finland would probably mobilize.
The only things full mobilization can guarantee is a lot more dead Russians and the total collapse of the Russian Empire.  It would make 1917 look tame.
I think Girkin is an intelligent man but I think he has a large blind spot about what is actually possible for Russia as opposed to what he would like to be possible.

Agreed ... full mobilization would be an absolute defeat of Russia not just militarily but as a society ... they can barely supply what they have in the country now ... they have and are dusting off some really old armor for a second round of partial mobilization ... but by that time ... even more more advanced goodies will make it into Ukraine ...

As time goes on ... Russia's capabilities will get older and rustier while Ukraine is getting upgrades ... Russia could throw 2 million soldiers at it ... equipped with AKs ... but that isn't going to work in modern warfare ...

Either way ... Russia is a dying country now ...
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 9:35:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
By showing only the hits?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
Originally Posted By doc540:

How do drones account for crosswinds at various altitudes when they drop ordnance?
By showing only the hits?
Or by realizing that the drone likely has a GPS which can detect and account for wind drift, then correcting for it by supplying the targeting system with the drift data.

m
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 9:43:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Birddog1911] [#6]

Found further down:

Link Posted: 8/1/2023 9:46:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#7]
https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidhambling/2023/08/01/scythes-achilles-and-buzz-bombs-a-new-ukrainian-arsenal-takes-aim-at-moscow/?sh=4176a4277f64

What comes next is likely to be more polished and more capable. One Way Aerospace, who also make small FPV attack drones, say their new AQ-400 Scythe will see action later this month. The Scythe has a range of over 700 kilometres with a payload of over 40 kilos, around twice as much as the drones currently hitting Moscow. The Scythe is ‘engineered for affordable mass production’ and will be produced in far greater numbers.
View Quote

An even larger weapon is also on the way. Late last year the state-owned Ukroboronprom trailed a new attack drone carrying a 75-kilo warhead to 1,000 km. In June the company – now converted into a joint stock company called Ukrainian Defence Industry — announced that the drone had been successfully tested, although no images or video have been released. One Ukrainian media outlet says it is called Achilles (after the swiftest of the Greek warriors at Troy), but this has not been confirmed.
View Quote

On July 21st, Ukraine’s Ministry of Defence announced that it had adopted 28 models of Ukrainian-made UAVs for service, including 9 kamikaze types of which 3 are ‘of the aircraft type’ (the others are likely various kamikaze multicopters). They mention that one of these is from the JSC Ukrainian Defence Industry and the procedure to start using it operationally is underway. Expect to see results soon.
View Quote

In addition to these scaled-up drones, Moscow will also have to deal with large numbers of small, low-cost attackers. In a piece of pure trolling, Ukrainian developers posted images of a new drone called ‘Rubak’ celebrating its launch with cake and sparkling wine. Rubak is a small delta-winged drone with a claimed range of over 500 km; there will be a tradeoff between range and payload, so by swapping some explosive for fuel it will be able to reach further. The Rubak costs a reported $15k,and the goal is as much to confuse and overload Russian air defenses as well as hitting targets, enabling the bigger drones to get through.
View Quote

Another new project, Trembita, takes the low-cost decoy/attack approach even further. It has a gasoline-powered pulsejet engine, a type with no moving parts famously used in Germany’s WWII V-1 ‘buzz bomb’ flying bombs. Pulsejets are too noisy and produce too much vibration for crewed aircraft, but are ideal for inexpensive one-way drones.

The Trembita, named after a traditional alpine horn, announces itself with 100 decibels of engine noise (expected to have some psychological effect) and a large infra-red and radar signature, inviting the Russians to waste expensive surface-to-air missiles shooting it down. If they ignore it, the 20-kilo warhead presents a real threat, even if it may not be so much a precision weapon as some of the others. The makers say that Trembita is being mass-produced in dispersed garage workshops across Ukraine. They plan to launch it in barrages of at least 20 in conjunction with other weapons to overwhelm Russian air defenses.
View Quote

[The strategic effect of these drone strikes may not be great for now. But the drones are getting more capable, and despite promises from the relevant minister, Moscow's air defenses do not seem to be getting any better. The drones also hold at risk every Russian airbase, ammunition dump and fuel storage site within range. Will Russia pull back more air defence systems from the front line, or refrain and listen to a growing drumbeat of explosions? How long can Moscow’s airports stay open?

The drone war has arrived in Russia, and its momentum is growing.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 9:51:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Easterner:
So it's a rough morning. Irish and the Brit are in the hospital from shrapnel injuries. Both should be OK. Another guy from our group was KIA due to artillery. He was not an inexperienced soldier and was very squared away. So say a prayer for these guys out here, and to their families.

There was also a recent fundraiser to send gear to this training battalion. I hope that is on the way to them, but no one seems to know the status of that. I really don't want to dig into what's going on. The silence from those involved speaks for itself.

Have a good day gentlemen. Tell your friends you love them and spend time with them while you can. Life is too short. We have work to do.

Слава Україні
View Quote

Prayers for all of them.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 9:56:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Today in Kyiv, the dismantling of the Soviet coat of arms from the "Motherland" monument began.
The work lasted about 10 minutes, during which an element weighing 80 kg was dismantled.
By Independence Day, August 24, the monument will officially receive a new symbol — the Ukrainian Trident.
Public

https://t.me/The3rdForceUA/18794

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F2SOuWWWcAAbs2U?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F2SOuWaWgAAcX6a?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F2SOuWXW8AIzltc?format=jpg&name=large

View Quote

That is beautiful.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 9:58:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 8/1/2023 9:59:33 AM EDT
[#11]

Given that Hal Turner is an assclown and has been wrong about literally every take on the war, I’ll go with “there is no truth to that.”
View All Quotes

Given that Hal Turner is an assclown and has been wrong about literally every take on the war, I’ll go with “there is no truth to that.”

Just a reminder for those unfamiliar. Hal Turner is an actual white supremacist that is a convicted felon (funny how all these convicts like Turner and Ritter are so in love with Russia, but I digress) for attempting to assassinate a Federal judge.

Picture an Alex Jones that is real, not just a grifter with an act like Jones, and who has brain damage from huffing glue and you've got Hal Turner. A more militant Jeff Rense.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 10:07:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 10:09:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 10:25:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Birddog1911] [#14]
Skeet shooting, Ukraine style.

And we thought recruiting was tough in the US.

Link Posted: 8/1/2023 10:26:19 AM EDT
[#15]

That's exactly what Girkin and some others have been calling for for over a year. They need FULL national mobilization. They've got the rhetoric and propaganda. But they haven't pulled the trigger. They're happy to uproot all the villages in Dagestan and Buryatia, but they don't want to upset the apple carts in Moscow and St. Petersburg. I mean, those are exactly the young people who have the least support for Putin's war. Watch another 1420 video, and tell me full mobilization in Moscow & St Petersburg is likely to be successful for Putin.

View All Quotes
Russia is making the same mistake Germany made in WWII, or before WWII. See, Russia was fully industrialized and mobilized for war - the entire society. Women drove combines, kids worked in factories making ammo.  Russia was fully in the war mode way before 1939, or 1941.  In fact Stalin started the program in late 20's, early 30's.

Germany did not industrialize the society to the same extent.  They kind of did, towards the end, but it was too little, too late.

I knew from day one of the "Special Operation" that RF is not going to win until they declare total war, total mobilization (meaning everyone 16-60). Insert everyone.gif And like during WWII times, the entire civilian production shifts to war production. Bike factories making PPSH submachine guns, etc. etc.  They can't have it both ways. Maintain a normal peaceful society and win on that front.  If they mobilized everyone, Ukraine would not stand a chance, it would get captured the same way Berlin did (200K lost in just the Berlin battle).

So FULL but not really? I don't think that's going to work out the way they think it will.

Keeping the cushy comfortable while the hinterlands go full pitchfork and torches after significant losses isn't usually considered a winning tactic.

Neither is upsetting the cushies while patronizing the hinterlands.

So trapped unless one can truly show national threat for all.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 10:32:47 AM EDT
[#16]

I video chatted with Irish this morning. I told him his new mission is to fall in love with a hot nurse. Glad those two survived.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Birddog15:
So it's a rough morning. Irish and the Brit are in the hospital from shrapnel injuries. Both should be OK. Another guy from our group was KIA due to artillery. He was not an inexperienced soldier and was very squared away. So say a prayer for these guys out here, and to their families.

There was also a recent fundraiser to send gear to this training battalion. I hope that is on the way to them, but no one seems to know the status of that. I really don't want to dig into what's going on. The silence from those involved speaks for itself.

Have a good day gentlemen. Tell your friends you love them and spend time with them while you can. Life is too short. We have work to do.

Слава Україні

Well, shit.  Sorry to hear about that.  I hope Irish and Brit make full recoveries.  

I video chatted with Irish this morning. I told him his new mission is to fall in love with a hot nurse. Glad those two survived.

The Irish Patient.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 10:36:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
View Quote

Let me know when someone official in NATO says the same
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 10:38:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By thehun06:

Agreed ... full mobilization would be an absolute defeat of Russia not just militarily but as a society ... they can barely supply what they have in the country now ... they have and are dusting off some really old armor for a second round of partial mobilization ... but by that time ... even more more advanced goodies will make it into Ukraine ...

As time goes on ... Russia's capabilities will get older and rustier while Ukraine is getting upgrades ... Russia could throw 2 million soldiers at it ... equipped with AKs ... but that isn't going to work in modern warfare ...

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thehun06:

They just stole like 700k kids from Ukraine.  Guess who is going to be the back fill for all the dead mobile in 10-20 years working farms.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 10:40:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

View Quote

Wow, that guy really pissed someone off.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 10:48:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By burnka871:
Pg 4604 says hit the tower again
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 10:54:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 10:58:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By mac130:

View All Quotes

SLEDGE HAMMER VS SNIPER (Sledge Hammer! s01e01)

Link Posted: 8/1/2023 10:59:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:00:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:02:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Damn.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:04:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Birddog1911:
Skeet shooting, Ukraine style.

And we thought recruiting was tough in the US.

View Quote

Perhaps the Russian people are losing faith in the military, the government, and this operation of conquest that has brought the war to moscow.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:05:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:05:47 AM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

Stopping power.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:09:23 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote
Thats not information you share publicly
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:18:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cypher15:

Well, it might be put out there on purpose for two reasons.

1.  The missile has a range over even the 500km that most nations are not willing to supply to Ukraine, so don't expect it to be supplied.
2.  The missile can easily strike anything of interest the Ukrainians wish to hit, so here's your chance to back down Russia.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:19:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#32]
Something got hit.

Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:34:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Birddog1911] [#33]
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:39:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Very graphic.

Strange, can't embed.

https://twitter.com/parrot_soldier/status/1686390797007302656
View Quote

Everyone else seemed surprisingly calm
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:43:05 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

It's a valid point and the US should learn some lessons from this also. But modern war is very tech heavy and if you dont have the tech base, all the people making AK's or whatever will have little impact. I dont think mobilized forced labor can make hi-tech weapons and it takes years and years to ramp that up, assuming you have the basic tech to expand. Russia is very lucky their country is not being bombed like Germany in WWII and Ukraine now.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:43:35 AM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Nice, South Korea should be able to spit out 155 like tictacs!  And good luck getting some GRU cunt in there to blow up a munitions factory.  Dude would never be seen again.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:51:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Interesting, these guys have been pretty solid with info.

Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:53:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Narrowed down the strike in Crimea an hour ago to this ammo dump being hit.

Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:53:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1969iggy] [#39]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Stopping power.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Stopping power.

Really makes the 9mm vs 40 vs 45 argument moot...

Also, really hope there was a good reason to use an expensive weapon on one person like that... i'm not arguing that every dead orc isn't a +, but hate to think that a day later a tank drives by and you have nothing to shoot at it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 12:00:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:

Yeah, I should've said, "I guarantee that Russian secret squirrels and agent provocateurs were there." Very little about the unrest in the east post-Maidan was organic. Russian intelligence assets, agent provocateurs, SOF, etc. were all involved in orchestrating the strife and conflict there from from the very beginning. There definitely was pro-Russian sentiment in the east, to be sure, but it wouldn't have come to armed conflict without the intervention of Russia. The pro-Russian sentiment in the east was also far from unanimous, according to numerous polls from the timeframe.

Overall, the conflict in the east from 2014 onwards can accurately be portrayed as a deliberate creation of the Russians. Anyone arguing that it was totally organic or that it was a result of Ukrainian nationalists oppressing the Russian friendly east is either a shill or a dumbass. As stated previously, assets of the Russian government were facilitating events from day one. Additionally, a majority of Ukrainian soldiers fighting in the JFO pre-2022 spoke Russian as their first language, and even highly nationalist Ukrainian volunteer units possessed Russian speakers and ethnic Russians.
View Quote

Yet many idiots in GD believe 100% that Maidan and all the 2014 shenanigans were orchestrated by the cia and state dept. All the thousands of Ukrainians protesting in the streets all winter freezing and getting shot at were just paid pawns yet the "little green men" were patriotic Russian soldiers on vacation with their BUK and artillery. It's absurd.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 12:30:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Yet many idiots in GD believe 100% that Maidan and all the 2014 shenanigans were orchestrated by the cia and state dept. All the thousands of Ukrainians protesting in the streets all winter freezing and getting shot at were just paid pawns yet the "little green men" were patriotic Russian soldiers on vacation with their BUK and artillery. It's absurd.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:

Yeah, I should've said, "I guarantee that Russian secret squirrels and agent provocateurs were there." Very little about the unrest in the east post-Maidan was organic. Russian intelligence assets, agent provocateurs, SOF, etc. were all involved in orchestrating the strife and conflict there from from the very beginning. There definitely was pro-Russian sentiment in the east, to be sure, but it wouldn't have come to armed conflict without the intervention of Russia. The pro-Russian sentiment in the east was also far from unanimous, according to numerous polls from the timeframe.

Overall, the conflict in the east from 2014 onwards can accurately be portrayed as a deliberate creation of the Russians. Anyone arguing that it was totally organic or that it was a result of Ukrainian nationalists oppressing the Russian friendly east is either a shill or a dumbass. As stated previously, assets of the Russian government were facilitating events from day one. Additionally, a majority of Ukrainian soldiers fighting in the JFO pre-2022 spoke Russian as their first language, and even highly nationalist Ukrainian volunteer units possessed Russian speakers and ethnic Russians.

I generally tell people that say shit like that to watch "Winter on Fire" before we can really have an intelligent conversation.  I don't think you can watch that with an open mind and think that the CIA orchestrated it...  did they have a hand in lighting the fuse?  Maybe... but it wasn't an act... it wasn't a play... it wasn't a minority of people being overly vocal...  it was a grass roots movement that took hold.  ANd it changed Ukraine from Russian Puppet to independent nation in the course of a few years... which is why Russia has to invade, instead of simply telling their puppets to do what they want.

Winter on Fire
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 12:34:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lorazepam] [#42]
@Easterner
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 12:42:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
@Easterner
View Quote

Someone needs to unfuck that guy at 1:25.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 12:48:13 PM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 8/1/2023 12:53:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 12:57:03 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes
Very graphic.

Strange, can't embed.

https://twitter.com/parrot_soldier/status/1686390797007302656

Fatalistic society.

My Brother in law went on a mission Trip to Russia (in 2004 i think). He saw his first and last murder on the Moscow subway, a man got beat to death in front of them.

He’s been all over the world since including Africa, China, and South America and hadn’t felt/seen the same hopeless depression he’d seen in Russia.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 8/1/2023 1:00:48 PM EDT
[#48]

Nice, South Korea should be able to spit out 155 like tictacs!  And good luck getting some GRU cunt in there to blow up a munitions factory.  Dude would never be seen again.
View All Quotes

The RoK does take internal security quite seriously, for good reason.  As for disappearing, wrong Korea; instead, he will show up in front of a judge willing to confess to anything up to and including the McKinley assassination, and the SK Government will forensically reconstruct his entire life and associations since birth.  The KNP are not to be trifled with.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 8/1/2023 1:17:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
@Easterner
View Quote

Lol no. There will be a video coming out in the near future that should be sharable in relation to us.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4604 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top