Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4965 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 10/4/2023 7:10:19 PM EDT
[#1]
someone else needs to take this page

Link Posted: 10/4/2023 7:12:42 PM EDT
[#2]
never mind I'll take it
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 7:13:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 7:13:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By K0UA:

I don't know an actual number, but last I heard it was in the thousands.  The Old Soviet stockpiles were huge.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By K0UA:
Originally Posted By Doritodust:
Hey guys, was wondering how many s-400 and s-300 Russia has. Seems Ukraine keeps hitting them.

Was wondering how many they need to hit before actual sead type operations are possible or is that basically a wet dream right now.

I don't know an actual number, but last I heard it was in the thousands.  The Old Soviet stockpiles were huge.

AA missiles, yes they had thousands, I haven't seen any updates on current levels of their stock since last spring.
S-400 systems on the other hand are expensive and not numerous. Russia recalled a S-400 system from Syria if I remember right.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 7:24:18 PM EDT
[#5]
so this happened today. JFC
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 7:30:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 7:30:22 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

It's fascinating that extreme polarization leads to horseshoe theory and common ground between extremes.

Link Posted: 10/4/2023 7:31:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Prime:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7mwhe5XIAAT_A7?format=png&name=900x900
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7mwLgOWwAAhVsk?format=png&name=900x900
View Quote

That is only 1100 cases.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
To the question of how many S-400 system Russia has, grabbed this from Wiki:

Russian Aerospace Forces – There were 57 battalions (batteries)(comprising 456 Transporter erector launchers) deployed with at least 25 regiments as of September 2019.

A launch site seems to have 4-6 TELs and there have only been 4 destroyed?  So at best 24 launchers out of 456. Long ways to go. The radars may be the more critical item to hit.

View Quote

Yep, the radars are the single critical items to hit.  There are far fewer radar sets for all those battalions.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 7:41:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Ike838:

That is only 1100 cases.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/4/2023 7:46:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: governmentman] [#11]

It's fascinating that extreme polarization leads to horseshoe theory and common ground between extremes.

View Quote

It's also what happens when both extreme ends of the political spectrum are getting funded and boosted by the same hostile foreign powers.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 7:49:57 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Pepperidge farm remembers when code pink was the most hated, anti-American pieces of shit ever mentioned on Arfcom. Let’s see what the current GD opinion is….
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 7:50:31 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

I’m not sure that agreeing with Bernie is going to endear her to many republicans.

Whatta whack job she is.

Like, makes your head hurt crazy.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 7:51:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#14]
Very good video on the F-16 role in Ukraine.

Two of several key improvements mentioned:
- HARM missiles will now be able to use the larger F16 radar rather than just their own. This greatly extends their effective detection and targeting range allowing the pilots to stay further back and safer

- F16 will be a peer of the Su-35 in air to air which will remove their substantial advantage and loosen things up for Ukraine on the front.

- BONUS #3 😁 F16 better radar will make it much more useful for intercepting cruise missiles and drones that the MiG-29 pilots have had to rely on visual detection.

F-16 Fighter Jets plan in Ukraine

It sounds reasonable to me a non-pilot or military guy. He is wearing a SIG pullover so I trust him. 😁

Link Posted: 10/4/2023 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By governmentman:

It's also what happens when both extreme ends of the political spectrum are getting funded and boosted by the same hostile foreign powers.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By governmentman:

Boom. There it is.

Link Posted: 10/4/2023 7:54:18 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Guess the  Code Pinkers in GD got to own their pink hats now.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 7:55:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Mickdog13:

I’m not sure that agreeing with Bernie is going to endear her to many republicans.

Whatta whack job she is.

View Quote

Have you seen GD?
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 7:56:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Whatta whack job she is.

View Quote

I don’t think she’s agreeing with Bernie. I think she’s complaining that Bernie (the warmonger) had her code pink friends arrested
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 8:11:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Germany is set to deliver one more IRIS-T air defense system and "more than a dozen" Gepard self-propelled anti-aircraft guns to Ukraine until the end of this year, sources told Bloomberg.  

According to available information, these assets would be primarily used by Kyiv for the protection of its grain shipments against potential Russian attacks in the south.

https://bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-10-04/germany-to-supply-air-defenses-for-ukraine-grain-shipments?srnd=premium-europe
View Quote

Were  Gepards still in front line service in Germany and other countries before the Russo-Ukrainian war? For some reason I thought they’d been mothballed.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 8:22:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

Harsh title IMO. I'm not saying I disagree with the contents of the article, but it's certainly more than just Ramaswamy that suffers from foreign policy delusion.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:
The conman realism of Vivek Ramaswamy.

Harsh title IMO. I'm not saying I disagree with the contents of the article, but it's certainly more than just Ramaswamy that suffers from foreign policy delusion.

Absolutely, but given Ramaswamy's past and several other things that have come to light, I think it's fair to characterize him as being a conman. I doubt he has any firm, personal convictions when it comes to geopolitics (or anything else) and is instead just telling much of the base what they want to hear, which ultimately amounts to a bunch of convoluted and often self-contradictory garbage.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 8:22:53 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote
His foreign policy sounds like it was formed after drinking bong water.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 8:26:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:
People in GD continually disagree with me on that but after Moldova I’ve continued to assert down the road the Baltics would be the next likely friction point / hotspot {not counting Serbia / Kosovo}
View Quote

I learned in an ostensibly anti-Ukraine thread that Putin had demanded the removal of all western military troops & equipment from all post-1997 NATO members as a condition for promising (pinky promise!) not to invade Ukraine. Stoltenberg said that. The poster was trying to claim that NATO had rejected a deal that would have assured peace, but anybody with a brain knows Putin was 100% going to invade Ukraine after 2021, no matter what anybody said or did. If NATO had caved on that deal, it would have been the surrender of the Baltics to Putin. Ukraine is big enough to fight back. The Baltics, not so much. That's why they joined NATO in the first place.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 8:27:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By weptek911:

Were  Gepards still in front line service in Germany and other countries before the Russo-Ukrainian war? For some reason I thought they’d been mothballed.
View Quote

They were. The bottleneck has been ammunition and how quickly they can get them reactivated.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 8:32:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Bunn19:

MGT was marching with them and posting about it on her Twitter.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bunn19:

MGT was marching with them and posting about it on her Twitter.

Link Posted: 10/4/2023 8:33:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

We’ll promise that Ukraine is defenseless and Russia will once again promise not to invade.  Brilliant.
View Quote

You can't convince me that Ramaswamy is not a complete idiot on foreign policy. He's already said that he would surrender Taiwan to China with no objections (after 2027 I think he said). Now he says he'll surrender to Putin, too. What a joke of a candidate. It isn't even about Russia, or Ukraine, or isolationism; it's about understanding the world we live in and the nature and character of other nations. Appeasement is not the answer.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 8:36:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

You can't convince me that Ramaswamy is not a complete idiot on foreign policy. He's already said that he would surrender Taiwan to China with no objections (after 2027 I think he said). Now he says he'll surrender to Putin, too. What a joke of a candidate. It isn't even about Russia, or Ukraine, or isolationism; it's about understanding the world we live in and the nature and character of other nations. Appeasement is not the answer.
View Quote

Good to see some sanity.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By KELBEAST:

I don’t think she’s agreeing with Bernie. I think she’s complaining that Bernie (the warmonger) had her code pink friends arrested
View All Quotes

Whatta whack job she is.

No wonder nothing on my Bingo card was making sense. It was upside down!

Link Posted: 10/4/2023 8:43:09 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

Left wing loons and “Right wing” loons, only think they are different.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 8:45:09 PM EDT
[#30]

Unrolled thread

Link Posted: 10/4/2023 8:47:24 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes
Germany is set to deliver one more IRIS-T air defense system and "more than a dozen" Gepard self-propelled anti-aircraft guns to Ukraine until the end of this year, sources told Bloomberg.  

According to available information, these assets would be primarily used by Kyiv for the protection of its grain shipments against potential Russian attacks in the south.

https://bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-10-04/germany-to-supply-air-defenses-for-ukraine-grain-shipments?srnd=premium-europe

Gepards got retired around the 2010-2015 time frame for the most part.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 8:49:22 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 10/4/2023 9:00:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Totally unrelated, but if anyone is near Pittsburgh and wants a ticket to the Ravens/Steelers game shoot me a PM.  Only rule is no hitting on my wife or daughter...
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 9:13:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 9:24:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By 7empest:

Good to see some sanity.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 7empest:

Good to see some sanity.

Some people need to keep the boogeyman around so we can keep filling their pockets. And I am betting that there is a subliminal fear of what will happen when there are 20 or so territories of the former Russian Federation trotting around with nukes and or old scores to settle VS the relative stability of just one bad guy.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 9:27:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:
The conman realism of Vivek Ramaswamy.
View Quote

Non-paywall
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 9:31:24 PM EDT
[#37]

Pepperidge farm remembers when code pink was the most hated, anti-American pieces of shit ever mentioned on Arfcom. Let’s see what the current GD opinion is….
View All Quotes

Was just talking with a long time friend about this. Going back just to 2006, it would be entirely unfathomable for any Republican to find themselves on the same side as Code Pink, let alone a sitting Republican in Congress marching with them.

Disgusting.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 9:36:24 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

We’ll promise that Ukraine is defenseless and Russia will once again promise not to invade.  Brilliant.

You can't convince me he's not a prank to see how gullible Republicans are.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 9:39:24 PM EDT
[#39]
At least all the cocksuckers are on the same page now.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 10:07:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#40]

View Quote

View Quote
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 10:21:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#41]
looking for a non-paywall link
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 10:28:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 10:41:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
His foreign policy sounds like it was formed after drinking bong water.
View Quote

He sounds like he's pitching Amway.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 10:47:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#44]
~0:40 video.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 10:52:01 PM EDT
[#45]
~1:00 video
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 10:57:45 PM EDT
[#46]
So Ive been thinking about something and think posting it here may give me a little more insight.  As horrific as it is.. I dont think I believe the idea that there is no glory in war.

For awhile now I have been wrestling with the idea that there isnt glory in war but when I look at past conflicts what is justified or just really determines so much. For an army defending their home it is a glorious thing to push out invaders.  That goes for the Russians surrounding the Germans at Stalingrad as well as the Germans fighting (and failing) to keep the Russians out of Germany and the soldiers of the Confederacy fighting to keep Union forces out of the South.  It doesnt matter in those moments how or why it started only the moment they are fighting for their homes.

Further, there is glory to be won in instances where it isnt just for your home but for the objectively just idea that someone else doesnt deserve to be under the boot (ie Europe WW2).  Another example would be pushing Iraq out of Kuwait.  And another would be deposing Saddam.  These ideas do not take into account the specific reasons for the wars only what I think are objective facts.  The idea that there are things and ideas worth suffering hardship and death for.  Our country was formed because men almost 250 years ago said 'enough is enough,' killed, and died for such an idea.

I think we as a nation have done a disservice by saying 'war is all so bad we should NEVER enter into one there is no glory in it.'  I say this admittedly as someone who has not gone to war but as someone who studies history.  The 300 at Thermopylae laid down their lives to give Greece time to assemble a greater amount of forces. The Bulgarians in the Valley of Death.  The 1000 Polish who held off multiple German divisions for 3 days.  The British at Rorkes Drift.  The Russians at Osowiec Fortress. Those men paid dearly for the glory they gained but to them that price was reasonable.

This isnt a blank check for war as there are so many things that MUST go into embark on such a terrible thing.  The inevitable effects of such a thing have to be taken into consideration but we also must maintain a real line in the sand and the public should be taught as such.

Sometimes the price is reasonable no matter how horrific and its ultimately the only way to protect your home individually and as a nation.  

Anyways.. sorry for rambling.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 11:00:13 PM EDT
[#47]
How low is the water table on the Southern AO?

Kind of interesting we havent seen any undermining if the water table isnt too high.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 11:23:42 PM EDT
[#48]
looking for a non-paywall link
View Quote

https://archive.ph/91ObC
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 11:26:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#49]

Link Posted: 10/4/2023 11:31:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#50]

Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4965 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top