Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5150 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 12/5/2023 3:41:03 PM EDT
[#1]
The PMC Legion: Russia’s Other Private Armies
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 3:42:57 PM EDT
[#2]
11 minutes ago.

Link Posted: 12/5/2023 3:50:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Russian casualty report

Link Posted: 12/5/2023 3:53:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 3:58:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SoCalExile:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/5/2023 4:01:40 PM EDT
[#6]
https://twitter.com/MittRomney/status/1732064595383025676

What is wrong with the Dems?
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 4:12:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 12/5/2023 4:27:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
Slovakia…another small country suckling on the Russian oil teat.

Man, Europe went all in with cheap Russian oil and gas and then blathers about climate change and clean energy. What could possibly go wrong becoming totally dependent on Russia for keeping your factories running and the cash registers on??!!

I’m am continually amazed Eastern Europe countries that suffered under Soviet attack and oppression jumped so easily into the lap of the tsar. I’ve seen street interviews asking similar question and the response is “It wasn’t so bad, we had lights and 2-3 meals a day. It could’ve been worse.”

View Quote

How about, no.

We're getting close to two years. There don't need to be exemptions.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 4:34:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
I wonder where that new Patriot or SAMP-T went to.  These were reported a distance from Odessa when hit.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GAmtcwlXwAAu5F9?format=jpg&name=medium

Russian report:
View Quote

Likely targeting the port facilities at Izmail, if they're aiming toward the Danube. Going back to the previous discussion about hitting Russian petro production, the constant attacks on Ukraine's economic engines certainly makes Russian economy engines a legitimate target.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 4:55:21 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

Embarrassing.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 5:19:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Likely targeting the port facilities at Izmail, if they're aiming toward the Danube. Going back to the previous discussion about hitting Russian petro production, the constant attacks on Ukraine's economic engines certainly makes Russian economy engines a legitimate target.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I wonder where that new Patriot or SAMP-T went to.  These were reported a distance from Odessa when hit.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GAmtcwlXwAAu5F9?format=jpg&name=medium

Russian report:

They had implied that they would be protecting Odesa better.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Odesa had its own Patriot.

Link Posted: 12/5/2023 5:21:48 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

If it was a Patriot shoot down there is no crew. The Patriot attacks the cockpit.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 5:30:42 PM EDT
[#13]
World’s largest proven oil reserves.

Link Posted: 12/5/2023 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Prime:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD9vYJreZNk

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GAiv4eOWQAALKyd?format=jpg&name=large

View All Quotes
There were some presentations a ways back that the Sands were impassable, and some inquiries about why. I'm not so sure - looking into it, there was a soviet military facility there and they did exercises there. More recently, riding ATVs around on it was a popular thing before the invasion, and there appear to be roads / tracks. Maybe it's just too open & exposed, or depends on the time of year?

Link Posted: 12/5/2023 6:54:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 12/5/2023 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By fervid_dryfire:

Karma isn't real, because Ted Kennedy lived a long life.  

I have to point that out whenever karma is mentioned; carry on.
View Quote

Well you got me there...
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 7:00:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 7:02:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lieh-tzu] [#18]
World’s largest proven oil reserves.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GAlrijwbsAAqSxl?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

The US under the Monroe Doctrine helped settle the border dispute in 1899, drawing a new border. The panel was two Americans for Venezuela, two British (who held Guyana as a colony then), and the deciding vote was ... a Russian. Actually, the panel unanimously agreed on a new border that gave Venezuela exclusive control over the Orinoco, but left most of the disputed territory with British Guyana. Somebody in the foreign policy establishment back then suggested that a true arbitration would have decide one way or the other, not drawn a new boundary. Venezuela rejected the new boundary.

In 1966 there was a new effort to created a settlement. Both sides agreed to resolve the dispute peacefully.* After many fits & starts, Guyana asked this to be taken to the Hague, or let the UN secretary general decide. Just recently, earlier this year, the International Court of Justice agreed that they could hear the case.

*This is where international law and the tenuous state of international norms comes in. For literally decades, Venezuela & Guyana have handled this situation peacefully, and all agreements at every step affirm peaceful resolution. Maduro is emboldened by the breakdown of the norms. If might makes right, there is nothing to stop Venezuela to take what they've believed is theirs for over a century. I don't know what OAS thinks of this issue, but the US could insist that the commitment to peaceful resolution be upheld, and enforce it. Or we could say "screw it" and let every bully know that every dispute can be resolved with force.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 7:07:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 7:28:32 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Just park your trucks along the border to prevent Russians from driving in?

Go Union! Fuck Ukraine! Me me me!  No cheap corn will cross these lips while we wait for Putin’s sausage! 20 Rubles is 20 Rubles!

Link Posted: 12/5/2023 7:28:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Recall also that Biden offered Zelensky a ride out of Kyiv, and before that had publicly said that a "minor incursion" would be completely acceptable for the US. Never mind treaties, borders, international law, let great powers do what they want. Biden and his people have never been serious about preserving Ukraine or saving Ukrainian lives or the Ukrainian nation. DC Realpolitik doesn't consider moral arguments.

If I had been President, the Establishment would have been horrified. And Putin would have been shocked. And things would be different.
View Quote

Every time Xiden says the "quiet part" out loud, I'm sure an army of puppeteers run for their medicine cabinets and wine racks...
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 7:30:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Upcoming live

Swimming with the fishes: Ukraine Update 2023-12-05

Link Posted: 12/5/2023 7:31:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Reportedly the first Russian captured Bradley, optical system is smashed.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GAmWt7AWgAAcn1Z?format=png&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GAmWwocWwAA_QWo?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GAmWwoPWEAAkHi-?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

Looks like a mine or artillery. Back is screwed up so thinking a mine went off there.

Or could be a close artillery hit that took the tracks off and put those holes in the side.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 7:41:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 7:58:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#25]
Edit, beat.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 7:59:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

Orban is trying to play both sides; he is the guy who is holding a pair of twos and is raising as much as possible hoping someone will fold. Turkey is playing a similar game, but with a lot more chips and the ability to fold at any time with little risk.  My guess is that Orban is gambling on three factors coming into play: 1) That Russia will come out of this overwhelmingly victorious in some way, and 2) Putin will remain in power and be willing to reward Hungary for it's pro-Russian neutrality, and that 3) the rest of NATO/EU would be willing to trust Hungary as an "honest broker" in the aftermath of a Russian Victory.  I'm sure a combination of both corruption and compromise on the part of Orban is a factor as well.  Orban's goal seems to be to set himself up as Hungary's leader in a "soft" dictatorship (along the lines of Turkey or Russia) and become a power broker between Russia and the EU in the same fashion as Turkey is in NATO.  I highly doubt that Orban or Hungary can pull Orban's vision off, and the blowback for Hungary of a Russian victory would be generally bad on all fronts, but semi-dictatorial would-be dictators tend to be less than perceptive when it comes to accurately predicting 2nd- and 3rd-order effects.
View Quote

Excellent analysis. My one point of disagreement is that I dont think Orban wants to be a dictator or power broker. I think he is stuck in that Putin's plan did not work out but Orban cannot back out now since Putin may reveal details of certain promises made between them. Putin also needs Orban to preach Putin's aspirations and warnings to NATO unofficially. If/when Putin is ever ready to negotiate with Ukraine/NATO it would probably come through Orban.  

Also, Orban's conservative gov't is fighting a tidal wave of foreign influence in the form of US dollars (nicknamed "rolling dollars") that are coming from US State, CIA?, and many NGO's like Soros' Open Society that are financing the leftist opposition parties in Hungary. Many of the "dictatorial" moved made by Orban are attempts to keep this foreign influence from toppling him. Hungary is a tiny country and a few million $$$ going to a political candidate is identical to Soros buying DA's in the States where a Republican candidate may have 50K budget to campaign while 1 million from Soros to the leftist candidate is impossible to fight.  

Link Posted: 12/5/2023 8:11:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 8:15:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#28]
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 8:19:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 8:35:58 PM EDT
[#30]

Holy crap!
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 8:37:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 9:39:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Awesome ideas keep rolling in!!! Not sure how practical but probably better than my "quad 50" idea". A solution IS out there somewhere. I still like the idea of giant rollers. Something so big that it is not damaged or destroyed by the mines. Like those ginormous vehicles used for digging and hauling dirt in those huge industrial mines. Transport may be hard though. Maybe make the roller filled with water that can be pumped in or out for transport, save weight. Or maybe a long "train" of smaller regular sized rollers but many more. Would have to be steered from the front but could be done R/C. The idea being is to be able to keep rollering the minefields after a mine is hit and detonated...blow a wheel off but no problem since there are 49 more...Something to survive even a triple-stacked AT mine...

Naturally AT mines would just get much bigger to compensate, like sea mines. But it would make laying mines much harder and longer and not practical to do via arty or rocket. They need to develop "Imperial Walkers" or some "Infernal Machines" that can walk, crawl, or roll over the minefields.

View Quote

A 1000 gallon propane cylinder with a bearing on the ends and filled with water.
An uparmored d11 carrying a full blade of dirt.
They can now be ran autonomously (remote control) these days.
D11's likely cost as much as a couple of shitty Russian tanks though.
There were those tree muncher forest clearers they used in South America.
They had big assed steel wheels.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 9:50:45 PM EDT
[#33]

Whatever happened damaged a lot more than the optical system!
View All Quotes
Reportedly the first Russian captured Bradley, optical system is smashed.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GAmWt7AWgAAcn1Z?format=png&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GAmWwocWwAA_QWo?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GAmWwoPWEAAkHi-?format=jpg&name=medium

Whatever happened damaged a lot more than the optical system!

I'm going to say minefield followed by arty going to pound town.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:02:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Saltwater-Hillbilly] [#34]

Excellent analysis. My one point of disagreement is that I dont think Orban wants to be a dictator or power broker. I think he is stuck in that Putin's plan did not work out but Orban cannot back out now since Putin may reveal details of certain promises made between them. Putin also needs Orban to preach Putin's aspirations and warnings to NATO unofficially. If/when Putin is ever ready to negotiate with Ukraine/NATO it would probably come through Orban.  

Also, Orban's conservative gov't is fighting a tidal wave of foreign influence in the form of US dollars (nicknamed "rolling dollars") that are coming from US State, CIA?, and many NGO's like Soros' Open Society that are financing the leftist opposition parties in Hungary. Many of the "dictatorial" moved made by Orban are attempts to keep this foreign influence from toppling him. Hungary is a tiny country and a few million $$$ going to a political candidate is identical to Soros buying DA's in the States where a Republican candidate may have 50K budget to campaign while 1 million from Soros to the leftist candidate is impossible to fight.  

View All Quotes

Orban is trying to play both sides; he is the guy who is holding a pair of twos and is raising as much as possible hoping someone will fold. Turkey is playing a similar game, but with a lot more chips and the ability to fold at any time with little risk.  My guess is that Orban is gambling on three factors coming into play: 1) That Russia will come out of this overwhelmingly victorious in some way, and 2) Putin will remain in power and be willing to reward Hungary for it's pro-Russian neutrality, and that 3) the rest of NATO/EU would be willing to trust Hungary as an "honest broker" in the aftermath of a Russian Victory.  I'm sure a combination of both corruption and compromise on the part of Orban is a factor as well.  Orban's goal seems to be to set himself up as Hungary's leader in a "soft" dictatorship (along the lines of Turkey or Russia) and become a power broker between Russia and the EU in the same fashion as Turkey is in NATO.  I highly doubt that Orban or Hungary can pull Orban's vision off, and the blowback for Hungary of a Russian victory would be generally bad on all fronts, but semi-dictatorial would-be dictators tend to be less than perceptive when it comes to accurately predicting 2nd- and 3rd-order effects.

I don't disagree with any of your assessment, other than the fact that Orban's policy of governing under a "COVID" state of emergency recalls the worst excesses of our own government, as well as others throughout history.  I agree also that Hungary (along with a lot of other countries in the EU) are justifiably tired of being manipulated by a bunch of overeducated ideologically-driven halfwits surfing through life on their credentials with either more money than sense and/or delusions of grandeur while displaying inadequacy and incompetence in equal measures.  I also agree that Orban is in many ways looking out for Hungary's interests.  However, his biggest flaws are failing to see the forest for the trees when it comes to Ukraine and Russia, as well as the obvious strategic threat to Hungary if Russia is successful.  Orban would have a lot more credibility if his government stood up to Russia and called them out with the same zeal he calls out the EU and NATO; but at this point he is probably far too compromised to even consider it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:16:18 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

And north Korea has given tons of shells to the Russians. So the Ukraine war is a Korean proxy war.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:37:10 PM EDT
[#36]

Perhaps Europe needs to have a "Green Draft" of all the folks who like to damage paintings and glue themselves to roads, and that have essentially shut down most of Europe's nuclear power industry, to give them an opportunity to truly fight those evil Russian oil oligarchs.  After all, Russian oil and gas companies are sponsoring Russian units, militias and PMCs, the only logical response is for the so-called "Green Movement" to do likewise in opposition to the petro-driven Russians!  It would probably add some drama and existential meaning to the lives those desperately in need of validation.  Global Warming would likely be replaced as the most dangerous thing in their lives and the received education may possibly overcome their indoctrination.  As a sop to their environmental concerns, they can serve as light infantry to avoid despoiling the environment with the diesel necessary to cover distances quickly and in relative safety.  Another thing that can be done to be more environmentally conscious is to compost the bodies of the fallen near the front to avoid the carbon necessary to ship them home, thereby leaving more oil in the ground.  I have a feeling that a lot of folks in the environmental movement would be more mature and reasonable if the threat actual and imminent personal extinction was added as a component of "Extinction Rebellion".
View Quote

10:10
Outstanding.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:42:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By yekimak:

And north Korea has given tons of shells to the Russians. So the Ukraine war is a Korean proxy war.
View All Quotes

lol, I hadn't thought of that.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:44:51 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

But SK's work and NK's have issues. Sound familiar?
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:55:13 PM EDT
[#39]
I see an uptick in fuck Ukraine threads in GD, what big hit did Russia take for the propaganda puppets to be out in force today?
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:58:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
I see an uptick in fuck Ukraine threads in GD, what big hit did Russia take for the propaganda puppets to be out in force today?
View Quote

Zelensky was supposed to give a speech to congress today.

Link Posted: 12/5/2023 11:01:00 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

SKs Defense Industry isn't brain damaged. They are pooping out arms and ammo at a rate faster than we are at this point. It's not like F-35 level but it's pretty good.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 11:32:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alex9661] [#42]
Two Russian officers court martialled and sentenced for failure to protect their unit from Ukrainian missile strike.

https://news.rambler.ru/army/51893498-kommersant-rossiyskih-ofitserov-prigovorili-k-chetyrem-godam-zaklyucheniya-za-neotrazhenie-ataki-vsu/
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:23:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 3:24:53 AM EDT
[#44]

I’m halfway through. Very excellent interview. He was studying Ukraine and visiting its archives for 30 years before the open war.

Link Posted: 12/6/2023 3:31:28 AM EDT
[#45]
BIG NUMBERS ALL AROUND !!!

Link Posted: 12/6/2023 3:57:29 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

If it was Patriot, they probably don’t need to look.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 3:58:36 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Good deal.  Handy to have someone on your side who isn’t pussified.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 4:02:37 AM EDT
[#48]

Funniest damn meme of the whole thread right there.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 4:07:25 AM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Another HAWK launch there, looks like it might’ve worked too.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 4:11:32 AM EDT
[#50]

This is like the third “explanation.”
I’m going with “hit by a GMLRS strike” and as usual anything is preferable to acknowledging that.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5150 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top