Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5202 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 12/22/2023 2:35:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Russian attacks (look towards the end of the video on the left side)
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 2:58:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Are they all missing their cockpit sections?
View Quote

Or maybe something new arrived, like the F16s
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By fervid_dryfire:

That's worthy of a Medal of Honor right there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GBu6UY-WIAANzY4?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GBvDvaEaUAAUm8c?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GBvO1kSbsAAC5Yz?format=png&name=small

Giving a CMoH to a mercenary (sorry, 'volunteer') would be an insult to Americans who earned them fighting for this country.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 3:09:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#4]
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 3:11:03 PM EDT
[#5]
First batch is 18 F-16's.

View Quote

"Started preparations"  Jesus, how long are they gonna string this out?
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 3:18:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

View All Quotes
First batch is 18 F-16's.

It took time to get them checked out to be ready for use or refurbished for use, now they are being prepared for shipping.  I know, each step takes time which is why we need to start things rolling before a crisis instead of waiting for the actual crisis.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 3:26:05 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

I haven’t updated my research in a month but last I was aware 8 were going to be operational by late winter and I wanna say 24+ by next summer, I’d have to review my notes - holidays have me all over the place and not able to keep up. After someone in the Ukraine unthinkable thread made a claim UKraine will never get them until peace is declared I searched and found an article implying that but I’m extremely incredulous of that, I posed the article here 3 or 4 pages back in case anyone had info I didn’t. I’ll try to catch up monitoring after the holidays.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 3:28:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#8]
*snort* lol.

Link Posted: 12/22/2023 3:30:04 PM EDT
[#9]

I know, each step takes time which is why we need to start things rolling before a crisis instead of waiting for the actual crisis.
View Quote

I’ve been pushing this for over a decade to no avail. Everyone worldwide waits till the last minute, after the fact, reacting and instead hoping for world peace is automatic and guaranteed - what in human history supports the idea of that?
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 3:35:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

I’ve been pushing this for over a decade to no avail. Everyone worldwide waits till the last minute, after the fact, reacting and instead hoping for world peace is automatic and guaranteed - what in human history supports the idea of that?
View Quote

Chinese monks had to learn martial arts hundreds of years ago because bandits attacked them on their pilgrimages.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 3:56:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

This isn't metal, these plates are fibre cement.

View Quote

Ah, yep you can see the chunks.
Good eye.

Link Posted: 12/22/2023 3:56:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Tomac:

Giving a CMoH to a mercenary (sorry, 'volunteer') would be an insult to Americans who earned them fighting for this country.
View Quote

Don't panic. Ukraine has their own "Hero of Ukraine" medal of honor. Sorry it's volunteer in the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Our service is not as mercenaries, but nice try to shit on someone giving their life trying to save another.

Героям слава 🇺🇦
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 3:57:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Ben Hodges - Mobilising Industry to Support Ukraine and Defeat Russia is Imperative but far too Slow
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 4:27:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Capta:

I hope we (the west) have a new SPAAAG system lined up and ready to go into production ASAP.  Gepards are the best deal going right now, but numbers are limited and they won’t last forever.
The Shahed threat will only grow, and AAA is the only economical way to shoot them down in the long run.  Ukraine needs a shitload of modern AAA vehicles.
View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GB-Ha31WwAAMxBL?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GB-HYlwWMAAWnTF?format=jpg&name=large

I hope we (the west) have a new SPAAAG system lined up and ready to go into production ASAP.  Gepards are the best deal going right now, but numbers are limited and they won’t last forever.
The Shahed threat will only grow, and AAA is the only economical way to shoot them down in the long run.  Ukraine needs a shitload of modern AAA vehicles.

For something as low and slow as a shahed, I wonder if a larger number of technical-like vehicles might be better. There have to be large numbers of 14.5 and similar guns floating around the world for sale.

I'm assuming the advantage of the Gepard is that it's more useful against helicopters and cruise missiles.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 4:28:19 PM EDT
[#15]

This is gonna be good.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/59/3c/88/593c8857548c981c56f2a4377ec2a453.gif
View All Quotes

This is gonna be good.

russians are saying that they (russian air force) are going to go patriot hunting now... me getting the popcorn ready

from telegram.....
Briefly about today's tragedy .

For the first time in many decades, during the Northern Military District, Russian aviation entered into hostilities with an enemy that has a fairly large fleet of modern air defense systems and radars of various types, as well as full-scale assistance from foreign military advisers.

At the same time, the US or Israeli Air Forces have encountered this more than once in a wide range of different wars and conflicts. Here we can recall the pogrom of the Syrian air defense in Lebanon in 1982 or the defeat of the numerous Iraqi air defense in 1991.

The reason why the Americans and Israelis traditionally +/- manage to knock the enemy’s air defense out of the game and reduce its effectiveness to the required level is a special attention to the topic of combating air defense and simply actions if the enemy has it, developed from real experience.

From the creation of stealth aircraft to the first decoy drones, from the creation of separate squadrons designed separately to combat enemy air defenses (and having differences both in equipment and training programs) to the deployment of satellites (!), bearing the radar positions by radiation, from large exercises on aviation actions in the conditions of different concepts of the use of air defense annually before the development for decades of aviation weapons operating beyond the reach of air defense systems, etc. This is a methodical, multi-year complex work .

And now our VKS will have to do it. Precisely as a single meaningful and comprehensive work , and not just a certain mechanical set of necessary individual situational tactical, technical or administrative decisions in case of the next problem, when the Su-34 and Su-35 fly with the Kh-31 PRR under their bellies simply waiting for the Ukrainian radar to turn on.

Only then will everything work out. We are traditionally strong in air defense systems. Now we need to learn to be strong in the fight against air defense systems , and also begin to draw conclusions from our own mistakes and learn the lessons that the enemy has taught us more than once.

The author is actually correct!  However, these tactics take time and bloody experience to develop and implement.  The USAF and Navy burned through a lot of F100s, F105s, A4s, A6s, A7s, and F4s and their pilots/crew to refine these tactics.  Similarly, the Israelis had to suffer through the aerial bloodbath of the 1973 Yom Kippur conflict and it's aftermath as well as leverage the American experience gained in Indochina to get it somewhat right.  Some of the better "Weasels", in addition to training against known/projected foreign systems also do exercises with PATRIOT at White Sands since it is a nasty system (from an Air Force perspective) and very hard to defeat when manned by above-average crews.  I know the Naval Aviation does similar with  Aegis platforms.  The Russkies will have to train against both a plethora of western systems AND their own systems since there are a lot of S-300-type systems in the wild.  In a decade, they might get somewhat good at it, but this will take a LOT of training, experimentation, and will take a level of dedicated platforms; I doubt the Russians will get very good at it during this war as it is doubtful they can commit the assets to pilots with the requisite training and experience during the course of this war.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 4:36:45 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

So is insulting a brave American who fought and died in a just cause, which we have become unaccustomed to since 1945.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 4:41:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DonKey153] [#17]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

The author is actually correct!  However, these tactics take time and bloody experience to develop and implement.  The USAF and Navy burned through a lot of F100s, F105s, A4s, A6s, A7s, and F4s and their pilots/crew to refine these tactics.  Similarly, the Israelis had to suffer through the aerial bloodbath of the 1973 Yom Kippur conflict and it's aftermath as well as leverage the American experience gained in Indochina to get it somewhat right.  Some of the better "Weasels", in addition to training against known/projected foreign systems also do exercises with PATRIOT at White Sands since it is a nasty system (from an Air Force perspective) and very hard to defeat when manned by above-average crews.  I know the Naval Aviation does similar with  Aegis platforms.  The Russkies will have to train against both a plethora of western systems AND their own systems since there are a lot of S-300-type systems in the wild.  In a decade, they might get somewhat good at it, but this will take a LOT of training, experimentation, and will take a level of dedicated platforms; I doubt the Russians will get very good at it during this war as it is doubtful they can commit the assets to pilots with the requisite training and experience during the course of this war.
View Quote

Do they have the technical knowledge and culture to recreate a realistic patriot threat in a training environment?

Given the cultural issues that prevent genuine introspection, I also doubt their ability to even train against their own stuff.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Solid post. One does not just will effective wild weasels into existence.

Bonus points if they try and use SU57s lol
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 4:49:43 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

A little harsh, as one could be calling a LOT of other great Americans who got involved in other people's wars "mercenaries" when the term doesn't really fit.  The AVG, the Eagle Squadron, Lafayette Escadrille, Brigade 2506 (especially the Alabama ANG contingent), many of the Texas Revolutionaries, the "Filibusters" of the Cuban Revolution (the 1868-1899 one) and even American "privateers" in the Revolution and War of 1812, as well as many others both collectively and on an individual basis (such as both Claire Chennault AND Douglas MacArthur) could conceivably be considered "mercenaries" as well.  The dude wasn't exactly serving with "Mad Mike" Hoare.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 4:56:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 4:59:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By DonKey153:

Do they have the technical knowledge and culture to recreate a realistic patriot threat in a training environment?

Given the cultural issues that prevent genuine introspection, I also doubt their ability to even train against their own stuff.
View All Quotes

I have my doubts; I was limiting my response to whether they "could", in a perfect world, develop the capability.  Their military culture is a whole 'nother issue, and my response would be "not unless they significantly reorganize and reform how they conduct air operations at the tactical and operational level", which for Russia may be a 'bridge to far".  There are a lot of things that mitigate against them being somewhat successful.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 5:01:14 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

This is gonna be good.

russians are saying that they (russian air force) are going to go patriot hunting now... me getting the popcorn ready

from telegram.....

For the first time in many decades, during the Northern Military District, Russian aviation entered into hostilities with an enemy that has a fairly large fleet of modern air defense systems and radars of various types, as well as full-scale assistance from foreign military advisers.

At the same time, the US or Israeli Air Forces have encountered this more than once in a wide range of different wars and conflicts. Here we can recall the pogrom of the Syrian air defense in Lebanon in 1982 or the defeat of the numerous Iraqi air defense in 1991.

The reason why the Americans and Israelis traditionally +/- manage to knock the enemy’s air defense out of the game and reduce its effectiveness to the required level is a special attention to the topic of combating air defense and simply actions if the enemy has it, developed from real experience.

From the creation of stealth aircraft to the first decoy drones, from the creation of separate squadrons designed separately to combat enemy air defenses (and having differences both in equipment and training programs) to the deployment of satellites (!), bearing the radar positions by radiation, from large exercises on aviation actions in the conditions of different concepts of the use of air defense annually before the development for decades of aviation weapons operating beyond the reach of air defense systems, etc. This is a methodical, multi-year complex work .

And now our VKS will have to do it. Precisely as a single meaningful and comprehensive work , and not just a certain mechanical set of necessary individual situational tactical, technical or administrative decisions in case of the next problem, when the Su-34 and Su-35 fly with the Kh-31 PRR under their bellies simply waiting for the Ukrainian radar to turn on.

Only then will everything work out. We are traditionally strong in air defense systems. Now we need to learn to be strong in the fight against air defense systems , and also begin to draw conclusions from our own mistakes and learn the lessons that the enemy has taught us more than once.

Add to that do they have the inventory to endure losses and the production to replace losses, both planes and pilots.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 5:03:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

Don't panic. Ukraine has their own "Hero of Ukraine" medal of honor. Sorry it's volunteer in the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Our service is not as mercenaries, but nice try to shit on someone giving their life trying to save another.

Героям слава 🇺🇦
View Quote

hey Easterner -- hope you and your crew are hanging in there as we approach Christmas !  i hope the holidays are kind to you.

Tell everyone there -- there are still plenty here in the USA hoping for full victory for Ukraine.    bless y'all--

Stay warm !
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 5:04:56 PM EDT
[#24]

The information regarding the 3 destroyed Russian Su-34 is still fluid and we still need some more solid facts, but the evidence already at hand and the fuming in Pro-Russian social networks we can be sure that it is basically genuine.

Everything points to an event similar to the so-called "Bryansk Massacre" in May 2023, where in a matter of a few minutes 2 fighter planes and 3 choppers of the Russian air force were blown out of the skies of Bryansk, Russia. The Ukrainian Air Force later confirmed that it was responsible and that a MIM-104 Patriot air defence system was used, finally proving all speculations.

The events today in the south of Ukraine are similar but in some aspects even more impressive. It required extensive coordination and planning. The three Russian Su-34 were likely part of an air group attacking the Ukrainian detachment in Krynky, Kherson. Russians have been using improved FAB-500 missiles which they fired more than 50km from the impact points and out of range of short and medium-ranged air defense assets of the Ukrainian army. Russians felt basically safe to deploy their standoff weapons.

This has dramatically changed. It is highly likely that Ukraine deployed the latest MIM-104 Patriot battery in the south, likely the latest Patriot battery from Germany. The PAC-2 variant has a range of at least 160 km (probably more). This considerably extended the zone in which the Ukrainian air defense was able to destroy enemy planes. I marked it in orange on my map but it is a relatively conservative estimation and considers that the battery is not deployed too close to the current frontline. You can easily extend that area and strike even far deeper.

I speculate that once the 3 Russian fighter planes were in the killzone, the Patriot system turned on, targeted the enemy planes and then fired its missiles. This is common practise for all missile-based air defense assets. The missiles travel with the speed of Mach 4 and reached their targets within 1-2 mins which is virtually impossible for the Russian planes to counter or to lose altitude. Yet, the level of planning and coordination is extremely difficult. Even with a excellent weapon system such as MIM-104 Patriot system, you cannot take this for granted. Even small errors could cause failure in this undertaking or even threaten the own survival of the air defense system. The window of success is short and dangerous. But just like in Bryansk they succeeded. The Ukrainian air defense system once again showed us how capable they are. A tribute to their never-ending ingenuity.

For the Russian war effort this is extremely bad news. The Russian swarms of drones and missiles in this winter are getting effectively repelled so far. Ukraine finally allows to use its best air defense system even for offensive operations. Krynky is only an example but a good one. Despite the Ukrainian forces only having around 300-500 men in Krynky and Russians on the other side around 7 brigades, which should actually be enough to repel the small Ukrainian detachment in Krynky alone, it was mainly the Russian air force which countered the small Ukrainian unit. The Russian ground forces were pummeled by artillery and drones. It was only the Russian planes which weren't countered, yet. This has obviously changed and it will be another painful thorn in Russia's side. This also comes only after weeks when the Russian Su-24M was shot down over the Black Sea near Snake Island. The message is clear: the south is now officially an hot area for the Russian air force.

Even though we shouldn't get too much carried away around these events, it nevertheless shows us that even with a limited extension of supplies Ukrainian forces can inflict decisive losses on the Russian war machinery. The is also no new development. Ukrainians always overperformed with that little they got and with the right weaponry and especially with the right amount they can finish the job. The Russian "strategy" is purely based on the West to stop delivering supplies. They have no plan B, no alternative, and when we start raising the stakes and go seriously in with our supplies and industry, then Ukraine will liberate all the Ukrainian territory and finish the war which Russia started.    
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/22/2023 5:05:54 PM EDT
[#25]

I have my doubts; I was limiting my response to whether they "could", in a perfect world, develop the capability.  Their military culture is a whole 'nother issue, and my response would be "not unless they significantly reorganize and reform how they conduct air operations at the tactical and operational level", which for Russia may be a 'bridge to far".  There are a lot of things that mitigate against them being somewhat successful.
View All Quotes

I am in agreement on this as well.  This will be fun to watch.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 5:07:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

hey Easterner -- hope you and your crew are hanging in there as we approach Christmas !  i hope the holidays are kind to you.

Tell everyone there -- there are still plenty here in the USA hoping for full victory for Ukraine.    bless y'all--

Stay warm !
View All Quotes

Героям слава 🇺🇦

Stay warm !

This!
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 5:09:28 PM EDT
[#27]

For something as low and slow as a shahed, I wonder if a larger number of technical-like vehicles might be better. There have to be large numbers of 14.5 and similar guns floating around the world for sale.

I'm assuming the advantage of the Gepard is that it's more useful against helicopters and cruise missiles.
View All Quotes

There’s quite a lot of video showing just how bad manually-aimed HMG fire is.  Most human fire control units just don’t have the chops.
You can see the same thing en masse from WWII USNavy films against targets not too different in performance and size to a shahed.  With dozens (even hundreds) of guns firing, it usually looks like a couple of dudes understand lead shooting and are good at it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 5:16:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Wow, the Russian being dragged by the IFV when they retreated. ..

Link Posted: 12/22/2023 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

I know, each step takes time which is why we need to start things rolling before a crisis instead of waiting for the actual crisis.

Much in human history shows that we will ALWAYS wait until it’s too late to take necessary action until there is literally no other choice and the costs have skyrocketed.  I’m not surprised at all.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 5:18:22 PM EDT
[#31]
*snort* lol.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GB9JbyiXMAAjeD1?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

Oh shit I pulled a muscle laughing!  Ow!
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 5:18:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Easterner] [#32]

Stay warm !
View All Quotes

Героям слава 🇺🇦

Stay warm !

Thank you!

Everything is going as good as it can. The guys are doing well and adapting to changes with the weather, and welcoming a steady flow of new volunteers. A lot of the guys are doing great work with getting support such as food for the trench rotations, and winter clothing for the guys that need it. Always humbled being amongst so many people, from around the world, that came together to help Ukraine.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 5:25:35 PM EDT
[#33]
The West’s Inaction Over Ukraine Risks Dangerous Conclusions in Moscow. Excerpts:

If the United States and EU allow funding to lapse, the consequences could threaten NATO’s core mission.

Indeed, a Russia that believes it has defeated Ukraine and Western support will become increasingly emboldened and dangerous in the years to come. If Putin is convinced that Western support for Ukraine is petering out, the world will soon have to cope with a bruised, overconfident, and vengeful Russia that believes it has outlasted the will of the West. This outcome could have major consequences for NATO’s core mission of deterring future Russian aggression—a mission that so far has prevented the Kremlin from expanding its military adventurism beyond Ukraine’s borders.

There is precedent for such behavior. Under Putin’s leadership, each time the Russian government has believed that it has “won” a conflict—in Georgia in 2008, Ukraine in 2014, Syria in 2015, and Ukraine in 2022—Putin has drawn conclusions about the United States and the West: where the redlines are, what actions they are willing to take, and the credibility of security commitments they are willing or unwilling to make. With each conflict, Russian leaders have gained confidence in their abilities and in their understanding of their enemies. Within a few years from launching one conflict, they have launched progressively bigger and bolder operations. By 2022, they felt confident enough to commit the entirety of their country’s professional landpower forces to an invasion of Ukraine, at tremendous losses for themselves in what became a misjudgment of historical proportions.

The consequences of the West abandoning Kyiv will go beyond Ukraine. The risk is growing that the Kremlin could soon conclude that it has outlasted Ukraine and seen the limitations of the West’s political will and appetite for supporting a protracted war. If that happens, Putin could conclude that the West’s combined intelligence, military planning, weapons, tactics, and defense production will have been put to the test—and failed to turn the tide of the war in the end.

If the Kremlin believes that its brute-force methods, ability to absorb staggering losses of equipment and personnel, and defense industrial base can overmatch Western assistance and political will in Ukraine, the outcome would be dangerous for NATO moving forward, and that must not be allowed to happen. It could significantly erode, if not upend, deterrence.

That would be a faulty conclusion for the Kremlin to make, because Russia is not fighting NATO. Yet the West has little control over what lessons Moscow draws from this and other conflicts.

If Russia were to snatch victory by exhausting and outlasting Ukraine and the West, Russian strategists will most likely downgrade their assessments about NATO power moving forward on the basis of political cohesion, will to fight, and defense industrial production potential. At the same time, Russian strategists and officials might raise their own scores in some areas, when considering Russian operational performance in Ukraine, despite the serious deficiencies and limitations that have been exposed throughout the war.

The most important reason to continue to fund security assistance to Ukraine is for Ukraine, which wants to live free from Kremlin subjugation and brutality. The Ukrainian Armed Forces fight hard, and they do not ask anyone to fight for them. In the past two years, they have already destroyed a majority of the pre-2022 professional Russian army.

Calls from U.S. lawmakers about a revised strategy for Ukraine and a theory of victory with resources available are valid. There are opportunities for Ukraine in 2024 to set conditions on the battlefield, continue to impose high costs on Russia, and build a military force that can deter future Russian aggression. It is in the West’s interest to continue supporting Ukraine, including with an updated strategy in mind.

Russia will likely be dangerous whether it is defeated in Ukraine or not. The West cannot lose sight of the long-term security problems that Russia will pose as it recovers from the war, regenerates its military power, and—quite probably—seeks revenge. The West is at a critical juncture. The United States and Europe must be prepared for high-intensity warfare in a world with multiple hostile actors. Continued funding for Ukraine is a key pillar of that mission.
View Quote

Personally, I think Russia's long term, maximalist goals are taking all of Southern and Eastern Ukraine, taking Moldova, overrunning the Baltics, reunifying Kaliningrad, and integrating Belarus into a union state. Ukraine becomes a bombed to shit, economically destroyed rump state that may or may not include Kyiv. Politically, Russia gets pro-Russian (or at least apathetic) parties elected across Europe, like they've done in Slovakia, Hungary, etc. The west's goal should've been to draw a line in the sand and decisively say, "This is not going to happen." Instead, we haven't really committed to the fight. We could've been sending our entire surplus of Bradleys and cluster munitions. We could've been scaling up drone and EW production. We could've been training company grade officers from the very beginning, en masse. Instead, while we've certainly sent a lot of equipment, it's all been half measures.

Just look at how Avdiivka has gone. Russia is essentially stalled right now due to a mixture of Bradleys, cluster munitions, and FPV drones. Imagine how things would've gone in Popasna, Bakhmut, Severodonetsk, etc. if Ukraine had those resources then.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 5:29:38 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

I took it to mean that based ON THE HEROIC DEEDS rather than his status, being a volunteer as apposed to getting drafted for a US war, it would possibly be worthy of the CMH. Objectively, we could possible see a vid of some Russian sacrificing his life to save his mates and say that it may rise to the level of CMH heroism. Based solely on the deeds rather than which army he served in.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 5:30:46 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

They are considering the possibility...
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 5:33:34 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Management by crisis...
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 5:41:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 5:41:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#38]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Management by crisis...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Management by crisis...

It's human nature, most people don't like dealing with problems, unless they are forced to do so.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 5:41:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 5:45:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Musical interlude...

Kalush Orchestra & KOZAK SIROMAHA - ???? ??????

KOZAK SIROMAHA feat. KALUSH - ????????
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 5:47:00 PM EDT
[#41]

There’s quite a lot of video showing just how bad manually-aimed HMG fire is.  Most human fire control units just don’t have the chops.
You can see the same thing en masse from WWII USNavy films against targets not too different in performance and size to a shahed.  With dozens (even hundreds) of guns firing, it usually looks like a couple of dudes understand lead shooting and are good at it.
View Quote

There are vids of machinegun shoots here in the US where target drones fly back and forth relatively slow with lights on and everyone opens up...missing terribly. Add to this the fact that the Shithead may be heading towards you with that nice big warhead so there is a pucker factor.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 5:50:24 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

Prerequisite in training should be a whole lot of clay shooting lol.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 6:04:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Banditman:
Is it possible that F16s are already in theater and that is what took the 34s down?
View Quote

Very doubtful as that would be too provocative for the bed-wetting cowards in DC. The Russians will get PLENTY of warning with apologies and ROE assurances. I also bet the UA got some angry phone calls from DC after the 3 Russians planes got whacked..."what part of 'only for defensive purposes' dont yall understand"...
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 6:07:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 6:09:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 6:21:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#46]

to gain a foothold for the assault of the village itself. Below: drone follows a Russian vehicle trying to escape.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 6:45:21 PM EDT
[#47]

Merry Christmas to you and yours! May God bring his Blessings and Grace you and yours as well as all your comrades this season!
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 6:51:33 PM EDT
[#48]

Add to that do they have the inventory to endure losses and the production to replace losses, both planes and pilots.
View All Quotes

This is gonna be good.

from telegram.....

According to their propaganda, Of Course!  Going off of their total number of pilots and airframes, it's theoretically possible.   Going off their demonstrated actual readiness rates, skill, and performance to date, probably not gonna happen!
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 6:55:08 PM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 12/22/2023 6:57:17 PM EDT
[#50]

YourCoach - ?????????? ??????
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5202 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top