Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5485 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/12/2024 8:06:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:

Absolutely. They seem to be identifying targets and launching quickly. If it was possible earlier they would have knocked out the few HIMARS we sent two years ago. Is Ukraine running out of missiles or is the Isklander hard to intercept?

Certainly doesn't bode well if Russia is able to knock out the few Patriots and HIMARS Ukraine has.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:
Originally Posted By Prime:
Alleged second HIMARS

Something has changed with Russias ability to find/respond to higher-level threats.

Absolutely. They seem to be identifying targets and launching quickly. If it was possible earlier they would have knocked out the few HIMARS we sent two years ago. Is Ukraine running out of missiles or is the Isklander hard to intercept?

Certainly doesn't bode well if Russia is able to knock out the few Patriots and HIMARS Ukraine has.

True, but I am wondering if Ukraine is now going to flood the front line and behind 40km with fake high value targets.  I know I would given 2 years in and having multiple good quality decoy manufacturers.

Expect more fake nasams and Himars to get hit is my guess for the near future.

Patriot and Aster can intercept Iksandr reliably.  But it is much tougher for the S-300 systems.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 8:08:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#2]
IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Biden Administration Announces Urgent Security Assistance for Ukraine

March 12, 2024 |  

Today, the Department of Defense (DoD) announced additional security assistance as an extraordinary measure to address some of Ukraine's most pressing security and defense needs. This announcement is the Biden Administration's fifty-fifth tranche of equipment to be provided from DoD inventories for Ukraine since August 2021. This Presidential Drawdown Authority (PDA) package is valued at up to $300 million and includes capabilities to support Ukraine's immediate air defense, artillery, and anti-tank requirements.

With a lack of replacement funds available to replenish DoD inventories, the Administration had been forced to pause PDA packages since December 2023. DoD is able to support this extraordinary package after identifying contract savings from previously appropriated supplemental funding that can be applied to replace DoD stocks. Today's announcement provides a short-term stop gap, but it is nowhere near enough to meet Ukraine's battlefield needs. Without supplemental funding, DoD will remain hard-pressed to meet Ukraine's capability requirements at a time when Russia is pressing its attacks against Ukrainian forces and cities.

The capabilities in this announcement include:

Stinger anti-aircraft missiles;
Additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS);
155mm artillery rounds, including High Explosive and Dual Purpose Improved Cluster Munitions rounds;
105mm artillery rounds;
AT-4 anti-armor systems;
Additional rounds of small arms ammunition;
Demolitions munitions for obstacle clearing; and
Spare parts, maintenance, and other ancillary equipment.

U.S. leadership is essential to sustaining the historic efforts of some 50 allies and partners from around the globe that have committed more than $87 billion in security assistance to Ukraine since Russia launched its unprovoked, full-scale invasion in February 2022 – a war of choice that continues to undermine global security and stability.

Security assistance for Ukraine remains a smart investment in our national security. It deters potential aggression elsewhere in the world, while strengthening our defense industrial base and creating highly skilled jobs for the American people. The current supplemental request includes over $50 billion that could be invested in the United States. Funding from previous supplementals has enabled DoD to invest over $30 billion across nearly 40 states.

https://www.defense.gov/News/Releases/Release/Article/3704975/biden-administration-announces-urgent-security-assistance-for-ukraine/

United States Announces Additional Military Assistance for Ukraine
PRESS STATEMENT

ANTONY J. BLINKEN, SECRETARY OF STATE

MARCH 12, 2024

The United States is today announcing an additional package of weapons and equipment for Ukraine to support the brave Ukrainian people as they defend their country and their freedom against Russia’s aggression.

This package provides up to $300 million of arms and equipment under previously directed drawdowns for Ukraine. Capabilities provided in today’s package include Stinger anti-aircraft missiles, additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS), artillery shells, anti-tank weapons, demolitions, and small arms ammunition, and spare parts and other ancillary equipment.

The coalition of more than 50 countries we have assembled continues to provide critical support for Ukraine’s forces. We look forward to providing additional U.S. support, if Congress acts on the President’s request. We urge the House to pass the supplemental as soon as possible to allow us to continue sending vital security assistance to Ukraine, replenish the U.S. military’s munition stocks, and invest in our industrial base.

https://www.state.gov/united-states-announces-additional-military-assistance-for-ukraine/

Link Posted: 3/12/2024 8:10:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 8:15:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 8:16:47 PM EDT
[#5]
IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Biden Administration Announces Urgent Security Assistance for Ukraine

March 12, 2024 |  

Today, the Department of Defense (DoD) announced additional security assistance as an extraordinary measure to address some of Ukraine's most pressing security and defense needs. This announcement is the Biden Administration's fifty-fifth tranche of equipment to be provided from DoD inventories for Ukraine since August 2021. This Presidential Drawdown Authority (PDA) package is valued at up to $300 million and includes capabilities to support Ukraine's immediate air defense, artillery, and anti-tank requirements.

With a lack of replacement funds available to replenish DoD inventories, the Administration had been forced to pause PDA packages since December 2023. DoD is able to support this extraordinary package after identifying contract savings from previously appropriated supplemental funding that can be applied to replace DoD stocks. Today's announcement provides a short-term stop gap, but it is nowhere near enough to meet Ukraine's battlefield needs. Without supplemental funding, DoD will remain hard-pressed to meet Ukraine's capability requirements at a time when Russia is pressing its attacks against Ukrainian forces and cities.

The capabilities in this announcement include:

Stinger anti-aircraft missiles;
Additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS);
155mm artillery rounds, including High Explosive and Dual Purpose Improved Cluster Munitions rounds;
105mm artillery rounds;
AT-4 anti-armor systems;
Additional rounds of small arms ammunition;
Demolitions munitions for obstacle clearing; and
Spare parts, maintenance, and other ancillary equipment.

U.S. leadership is essential to sustaining the historic efforts of some 50 allies and partners from around the globe that have committed more than $87 billion in security assistance to Ukraine since Russia launched its unprovoked, full-scale invasion in February 2022 – a war of choice that continues to undermine global security and stability.

Security assistance for Ukraine remains a smart investment in our national security. It deters potential aggression elsewhere in the world, while strengthening our defense industrial base and creating highly skilled jobs for the American people. The current supplemental request includes over $50 billion that could be invested in the United States. Funding from previous supplementals has enabled DoD to invest over $30 billion across nearly 40 states.

https://www.defense.gov/News/Releases/Release/Article/3704975/biden-administration-announces-urgent-security-assistance-for-ukraine/

United States Announces Additional Military Assistance for Ukraine
PRESS STATEMENT

ANTONY J. BLINKEN, SECRETARY OF STATE

MARCH 12, 2024

The United States is today announcing an additional package of weapons and equipment for Ukraine to support the brave Ukrainian people as they defend their country and their freedom against Russia’s aggression.

This package provides up to $300 million of arms and equipment under previously directed drawdowns for Ukraine. Capabilities provided in today’s package include Stinger anti-aircraft missiles, additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS), artillery shells, anti-tank weapons, demolitions, and small arms ammunition, and spare parts and other ancillary equipment.

The coalition of more than 50 countries we have assembled continues to provide critical support for Ukraine’s forces. We look forward to providing additional U.S. support, if Congress acts on the President’s request. We urge the House to pass the supplemental as soon as possible to allow us to continue sending vital security assistance to Ukraine, replenish the U.S. military’s munition stocks, and invest in our industrial base.

https://www.state.gov/united-states-announces-additional-military-assistance-for-ukraine/

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/12/2024 8:27:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#6]

Link Posted: 3/12/2024 8:37:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Test post
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh boy...
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 8:42:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Bet's?
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:11:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

View Quote

Dumbass
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:16:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Honestly, we haven't seen much evidence of Gepard being used as direct fire support.  It certainly makes more sense for the guns to use the HEI for the anti air role.  I am a bit surprised at this report.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Johnrpb:

Germany has already provided Ukraine with ~ 40,000 rounds from this production line. Ukraine will receive a further ~ 110,000 rounds of this type of ammunition.

A further 150,000 rounds of a different type (HEI-T) will then be delivered after the production shifts from APDS-T to HEI-T which is scheduled for Q2/2024.

In total, Rheinmetall will supply Ukraine with 300,000 rounds of Gepard ammunition worth a three-digit million sum paid by the German government, therefore securing the medium term needs of ammunition for the vital Ukrainian air defence assets.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIecCE6XgAAInzz?format=jpg&name=small

APDS-T - is Ukraine using these as direct fire support now or does APDS-T work as well as HEI for anti-drone/missile work?

Honestly, we haven't seen much evidence of Gepard being used as direct fire support.  It certainly makes more sense for the guns to use the HEI for the anti air role.  I am a bit surprised at this report.

I assumed the APDS-T is for use against Russian helos.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:23:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:25:42 PM EDT
[#14]
⚡️ The main thing for today.

▪️This morning in the city of Oryol and Nizhnygorodskaya Narodnaya there were drone strikes at the oil refinery.

▪️RDK, the Legion of Russia and the Siberian Legion raided the territory of the Kursk and Belgorod People's Republics.

▪️ Il-76 cargo transport plane crashed in Ivanovo. The entire crew of 15 people minus.

▪️The USA announced a new package of military aid to Ukraine in the amount of 400 million dollars. In particular, it included ammunition for HIMARS, 155-mm and 105-mm ammunition, MANPADS Stinger, etc.

▪️Denmark will provide a new package of military aid to Ukraine in the amount of $330 million. The package will include CAESAR howitzers, self-propelled 120 mm mortars and ammunition.

▪️Ukraine is launching mass production of robots that can destroy equipment and evacuate the wounded.

▪️Putin sucks, Russia is the bottom.

https://t.me/zsuwar/43736

Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:37:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doc540] [#15]
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:48:52 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

Well, it isn't much. But at least it is something.

Also, why doesn't Biden use his authority as president to declare surplus U.S. equipment as "excess defense articles", assign these items a value of $0 and just send them to Ukraine? I am speaking about things such as M113 APCs, M198 towed howitzers and even early model M1 Abrams tanks and Bradley IFVs that are sitting in storage depots. This is certainly something he has the power to do. The only drawback might be the costs of shipping it overseas, but even that can be gotten around with a slight bit of creativity. For example, ship the items to Poland before declaring them excess. Boom. Problem solved. There is so much more Biden could be doing to help Ukraine with equipment even with congress being at loggerheads.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:50:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:52:47 PM EDT
[#18]
T-90 loss.

Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:55:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:56:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#20]
This is just a “trust me bro” on the internet, but he’s been a pretty good source.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:59:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#21]
This is just a “trust me bro” on the internet, but he’s been a pretty good source.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIfBAH8XMAApCmM?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Kriegsforsher is part of a Ukrainian Marine air recon unit.  I have been following him for awhile.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:01:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Ah, so…I saw a picture on TG of a duck with VOG 30s or something strapped under its wings.
8 hours later, I get it

Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:17:56 PM EDT
[#23]

Ukrainian military public pages write that the Russians have begun equipping “martyrs” with video cameras with modems, from which the work of the Ukrainian air defense on drones is broadcast directly to telegrams, allowing the occupiers to adjust the fire

It is noted that for now this is rather a handicraft development, which is used by individual calculations on the ground.

https://t.me/uniannet/128026

Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:23:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks for keeping me up to date on the conflict today everyone, I appreciate it.

Regarding our pup, the doc said she thought it was fatty tissue, but it showed up on x-ray.  Good news is the tumor isn't connected to bone, and might be isolated but it is impacting her leg.  They will operate tomorrow morning and I will give an update then, but the surgeon is very good and when he checked her this evening he felt confident he could remove the tumor completely,  regardless if it was cancer or just fatty tissue.  I will pray for that outcome then for tomorrow.

View Quote

Good news! I love my little Boston Terrier more than anything in the world.

My new favorite song.

Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:05:05 PM EDT
[#25]
An American guest telling it like it is.

John Varoli predicts that America will lose to Russia
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:06:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks for keeping me up to date on the conflict today everyone, I appreciate it.

Regarding our pup, the doc said she thought it was fatty tissue, but it showed up on x-ray.  Good news is the tumor isn't connected to bone, and might be isolated but it is impacting her leg.  They will operate tomorrow morning and I will give an update then, but the surgeon is very good and when he checked her this evening he felt confident he could remove the tumor completely,  regardless if it was cancer or just fatty tissue.  I will pray for that outcome then for tomorrow.

View Quote

Great to hear, AT.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:10:39 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Fingers crossed for ya'll
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:17:10 PM EDT
[#28]
https://i.imgur.com/WtoAoyZ.jpeg

View Quote

It's like a shitty Wish.com version of Kill Dozer with a gun
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:50:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By K0UA:

Yeah, that's because everyone wants to spend money on butter and none on guns.  After the fall of the USSR, everyone wanted to talk about the "peace dividend". There wasn't going to be any war with the USSR/Russia again. They were good boys now. They just want to sell us their natural recourses and rake in the money. No one listened to Putin just like no one listened to Adolph Hitler. The funny thing is about these despots is they ALWAYS tell you exactly what they are going to do to you. But no-one ever believes them. Well Russia raked in the money and rebuilt it's military. At least to a point. But no one felt threatened. "Can I have some more gas please? can we build another pipeline?" No one listened to George Patton when he said that Russia does not have a European mindset and we should stomp their guts out when we had the chance. Nope.

Now we are so surprised when Europe's stockpiles are empty, their military industrial base is very weak, and it is going to take time.  Well the War is going on right now. Ukraine is just the first step. And yet we dither, debate, and wring our hands. Those whom do not remember history are doomed to repeat it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By K0UA:
Originally Posted By Evintos:

I'm seeing some other tweets about Germany claiming 60% out of their own stockpiles sent to Ukraine but I can't find any legit sources for those claims. The French General's claim of 40% if accurate might also reflect Germany's (and the rest of Europe's militaries) personal stockpile issues.

Even though France (and the rest of Europe) is ramping up production, I don't think Ukraine should expect much in terms of quantity delivered in 2024 and even 2025 versus what politicians promise/pledge. EU acknowledgement of delays in delivery last month and France, a country with one of the largest militaries in Europe, claiming personal stockpile issues (Germany likely having same issues) combined with recent efforts by the EU to source munitions from anywhere they can (versus February where Germany and France were arguing over where the money should be spent to acquire munitions) reinforces the idea that Europe is just about tapped out with production and delivery (gotta emphasize delivery). Ramped production will likely not being enough even by the end of the year. It will likely take years for production to reach proper scale (Rheinmetall factory construction for example estimated 1 year completion before initial production even starts for example).

2024 and likely 2025 is gonna be an even rougher year for Ukraine.

The statement by the French General also runs contrary to the idea that NATO only needs or is investing/spending fractions of resources to cripple the Russian military. It is becoming increasingly clear that a significant amount of resources are required to combat a large scale "second-rate" military. I also constantly see this idea that US/NATO emptying older stockpiles means there will be better and more modern weapons but I think nations should take into account how rapidly the modern weaponry can be mass produced during major conflict. Maybe keeping an inventory of "dumb" weapons (and the factories) with simplified production is a good idea.

Europe’s arms production is in ‘deep shit,’ says Belgian ex-general

Click To View Spoiler

Yeah, that's because everyone wants to spend money on butter and none on guns.  After the fall of the USSR, everyone wanted to talk about the "peace dividend". There wasn't going to be any war with the USSR/Russia again. They were good boys now. They just want to sell us their natural recourses and rake in the money. No one listened to Putin just like no one listened to Adolph Hitler. The funny thing is about these despots is they ALWAYS tell you exactly what they are going to do to you. But no-one ever believes them. Well Russia raked in the money and rebuilt it's military. At least to a point. But no one felt threatened. "Can I have some more gas please? can we build another pipeline?" No one listened to George Patton when he said that Russia does not have a European mindset and we should stomp their guts out when we had the chance. Nope.

Now we are so surprised when Europe's stockpiles are empty, their military industrial base is very weak, and it is going to take time.  Well the War is going on right now. Ukraine is just the first step. And yet we dither, debate, and wring our hands. Those whom do not remember history are doomed to repeat it.

Our last chance to stop this was ten years ago, arguably 15 with Georgia.  A decisive response then probably could’ve ended Putin’s reign and forced the power structure in Russia to re-evaluate their interests.  Allowing the occupation of Crimea and eastern Ukraine made today inevitable.
The comparison to Hitler is apt.  Hitler could’ve easily become the dominant power in Europe without ever firing a shot.  Stopping at the Anschluss would’ve made Germany the political and economic powerhouse in Europe without necessarily setting Germany on the path to a war they couldn’t win.
Putin had the easiest gig in town and was well on his way towards a durable strategic relationship with Germany, a primary strategic goal for Russia for over a century.  And he fucked it all into a cocked hat.
The fact that we’re still in 1938 and Putin looks strong because of his “decisiveness” just like Hitler looked strong in 1938 because of his “decisiveness,” doesn’t change the fact that dictators make stupid decisions.  Hitler did, Putin did.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:13:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Our last chance to stop this was ten years ago, arguably 15 with Georgia.  A decisive response then probably could’ve ended Putin’s reign and forced the power structure in Russia to re-evaluate their interests.  Allowing the occupation of Crimea and eastern Ukraine made today inevitable.
The comparison to Hitler is apt.  Hitler could’ve easily become the dominant power in Europe without ever firing a shot.  Stopping at the Anschluss would’ve made Germany the political and economic powerhouse in Europe without necessarily setting Germany on the path to a war they couldn’t win.
Putin had the easiest gig in town and was well on his way towards a durable strategic relationship with Germany, a primary strategic goal for Russia for over a century.  And he fucked it all into a cocked hat.
The fact that we’re still in 1938 and Putin looks strong because of his “decisiveness” just like Hitler looked strong in 1938 because of his “decisiveness,” doesn’t change the fact that dictators make stupid decisions.  Hitler did, Putin did.
View Quote

Hitler fucked up big time in multiple ways. His pre-war factories to build all his weapons were in Russia. Then he opens a second front and invades Russia?? Spent WAYYY too many resources on wonder weapons. Left the alcoholic party guy in charge of designing air planes and ended up with fucking dumb results.  And then, when they had almost won the war against the RAF, switched to terror bombing of London, so the RAF came back stronger. Basically, the world is lucky Hitler was in charge. Somebody competent could have been dictator of the world right now.

I’m waiting to see what Putin’s major fuckups are going to be. Waiting until after the Winter Olympics to kick off the war (therefore forcing tanks to stick to the roads or get stuck in the spring mud) has gotta be number one. If he had been willing to be at war during the Olympics, he could have sent the tanks across the frozen fields. Thinking he could take Kiev in 3 days under those conditions (and sending riot control police, and having troops bring parade uniforms makes that obvious). A daylight D-Day parachute drop against a guarded airport… believing Russia’s own hype about its weapons qualities, level of maintenance, readiness and sobriety of troops. Hell, there’s too much to list. Russia’s paper tiger military wouldn’t have been exposed if he had invaded in January of 2022, he would be holding planning meetings in Kiev about taking the Baltics or connecting to Trinistria
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:23:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Ah, so…I saw a picture on TG of a duck with VOG 30s or something strapped under its wings.
8 hours later, I get it

View Quote

Would be an act-of-God-level coincidence if an IL-76 with an A-50 crew aboard was actually killed by a birdstrike.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:43:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Just a heads up, I will be out until this evening.  Have to run the dog to a Vet hospital that is a long drive both today and tomorrow.  Need to see if she has cancer, or if they can operate.  I certainly would appreciate any extra prayers for the dog, she's the best.
View Quote

You have it. Hope things works out.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:22:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#33]
Crash videos of the IL-76.
The accident happened on takeoff when the plane would be heavy.  The IL may have already been out of control in all videos - as it’s in a shallow right bank toward the dead/burning engine, and probably descending.  This would make sense if they had a hydraulic failure as a result of the engine failure, leaving them with really no option to level the plane.
If they were in control it would make more sense to see them yawing left a bit so they could run up their port engines to stay airborne.  On a swept-wing aircraft yaw is highly effective in counteracting opposite roll, often more so than the ailerons.  Generally you never want to turn into the dead engine(s).
They may have also kept power on the burning engine to try to pick up the right wing, until ultimately the whole engine fell off.  Who knows.

In this video, the second segment was chronologically first.  The first segment comes after that as it shows an engine and probably pylon falling off the wing.
Russian military plane crashes on takeoff

Multiple views.  Anything on fire is likely early.
In Russia, the Il-76 military transport plane caught fire and crashed - everyone on board killed

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:05:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Capta:
Crash videos of the IL-76.
The accident happened on takeoff when the plane would be heavy.  The IL may have already been out of control in all videos - as it’s in a shallow right bank toward the dead/burning engine, and probably descending.  This would make sense if they had a hydraulic failure as a result of the engine failure, leaving them with really no option to level the plane.
If they were in control it would make more sense to see them yawing left a bit so they could run up their port engines to stay airborne.  On a swept-wing aircraft yaw is highly effective in counteracting opposite roll, often more so than the ailerons.  Generally you never want to turn into the dead engine(s).They may have also kept power on the burning engine to try to pick up the right wing, until ultimately the whole engine fell off.  Who knows.

In this video, the second segment was chronologically first.  The first segment comes after that as it shows an engine and probably pylon falling off the wing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tpFuTYavKk

Multiple views.  Anything on fire is likely early.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr7W-Z-lQH8

View Quote

It’s pretty far outside my lane, but I got to meet Capt. Al Haynes once and hear him talk about UA 232, so I’m pretty much an expert

I’d be surprised if a competent investigation found no training or maintenance deficiencies.

? ??-76 ?? ?????????????? ?????? ????????? ?????????
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:09:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#35]

The number of people injured in a Ukrainian Armed Forces drone strike on an oil refinery in Ryazan has risen to three.

MOSCOW, March 13 - RIA Novosti. Three people were injured, according to updated data, during an attack by Ukrainian UAVs on an oil refinery in Ryazan, a representative of the emergency services told RIA Novosti.

On Wednesday morning, the unified duty dispatch service told RIA Novosti that a unit was on fire at an oil refinery in Ryazan , and firefighters were working. The governor of the Ryazan region, Pavel Malkov, reported that the oil refinery was attacked by a UAV. Two casualties were reported.

“According to updated data, three people were injured when four Ukrainian Armed Forces drones struck the plant,” the agency’s interlocutor said.

He noted that information about the third victim was received at 08.50. “All the victims have shrapnel wounds, including their faces,” the agency’s interlocutor added.
According to emergency services, two oil refining units on an area of ​​175 square meters are burning due to an attack by Ukrainian drones.

https://ria.ru/20240313/ryazan-1932667126.html

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:16:45 AM EDT
[#36]
More Russian oil facilities up in smoke.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:33:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Voronezh was attacked by 30 drones at night.

❗️More than 40 air targets were destroyed in the Voronezh region in a day - there were no casualties, but the air danger regime remains. The governor announced this.

https://t.me/tv360/142776

Dear residents of the Voronezh region, the danger of a UAV attack still remains. During the night, more than 30 drones were detected and destroyed by air defense systems in the region.

According to operational data from the fall sites of the remains of downed objects, in a number of municipalities there is minor damage to infrastructure and housing.

Thus, in the Buturlinovsky district, a private house and a transformer substation were damaged, and in the Sovetsky district of Voronezh, the roof of a store was partially destroyed. There were no casualties.

All services are already in place, we will provide assistance with restoration in full and in the shortest possible time.

https://t.me/gusev_36/1940

⚡️ Over the past night and morning of March 13, attempts by the Kyiv regime to carry out terrorist attacks using aircraft-type UAVs on targets on the territory of the Russian Federation were stopped.

Air defense duty systems intercepted and destroyed 58 UAVs over the territories of Belgorod (11 UAVs), Bryansk (8 UAVs), Voronezh (29 UAVs), Kursk (8 UAVs), Leningrad (1 UAV), Ryazan (1 UAV).

🔹 Russian Ministry of Defense

https://t.me/mod_russia/36564

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:39:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#38]
"???????", "???????" ? ????????? ?????????? ???????? ?????? ?? ????????????? ????? ???????

🫠A referendum on leaving the Russian Federation is planned in Kursk

Bulletins appeared in the town of Tyotkino with a question about leaving the Russian Federation and the formation of the Kursk Autonomous Republic.

Chicken, you have a chance to break the system, let's quickly sign everything they give

https://t.me/tgnews_ua/43116

Ukraine Daily Update | Day 748
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:55:37 AM EDT
[#39]
#працьюегур

⚔️ GUR special unit "KABUL 9" expertly destroys the enemy

❌ Special unit of the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine "KABUL 9" detects and destroys Russian invaders in the Zaporizhzhia region.

💥 The video shows the results of the successful fire damage to 2 trucks and buggies of the Russian invaders, as well as the starting position of the FPV drones of the invaders, where the enemy operators were.

☑️ Enemy losses are specified.

👥 Special unit "KABUL 9" arose at the beginning of the large-scale Russian invasion. It was formed by veterans of the Ukrainian special services and the Armed Forces of Ukraine with the assistance and participation of the head of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications of Ukraine Kyryl Budanov.

🇺🇦 The special unit took part in the battle for Kyiv in Gostomel and in the Brovary direction.
Mortar units and sniper groups of the Ukrainian military intelligence unit also worked during the defense of Bakhmut.

🫡 Special intelligence officers continue to fight against the Russian occupiers in the south of Ukraine.

https://t.me/DIUkraine/3587

????????????? ??? “????? 9” ????????? ?????? ??????
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:28:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Ryazan Oil Refinery Hit By Multiple Ukrainian Drones!

Ryazan was hit multiple times by drones.

Going off the video they appear to be mugin 5 drones.

I counted 6 drones so that’s a 60k dollar strike vs a few million in damage
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:39:10 AM EDT
[#41]
There is a Russian missile hitting a five-story building in a district of Kryvyi Rih, — Vilkul

Krivyi Rih: 3 killed and 36 wounded civilians are known. Among the wounded, 7 were children.

Several Russian tanks and APCS destroyed in failed assault near Bilogorivka, Luhansk region:

New footage of anti-Putin rebels operating on Russian territory:

The Head of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine inspected the arrangement of defensive positions in the East of Ukraine:

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:51:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#42]
Morning sensible chuckle.

👍🎊😳Putin gave three explanations for Kyiv’s attempts to attack the Belgorod and Kursk regions:

- The desire, if not to disrupt the presidential elections in Russia, then at least somehow to interfere with the normal process of expressing the will of citizens

- An attempt to “at least show something” against the backdrop of past failures, while focusing mainly on the information side of the matter

- An attempt, if successful, to gain a trump card in a possible future negotiation process - from the position of “we will return this to you, and you will return this to us.”

Large interview with Vladimir Putin to journalist Dmitry Kiselev for Rossiya 1 and RIA Novosti

https://t.me/RIAKremlinpool/12377

Putin announced the need to introduce progressive taxation in Russia

A progressive taxation system will appear in Russia and Russians will perceive it “absolutely normally,” said Russian President Vladimir Putin. “I wouldn’t like to go into details now, we need to work on this. And thus it is necessary to build this system so that it really gives a greater return on solving, first of all, social issues and tasks facing the state in this area,” Putin said.

According to him, even those who in the past were ardent supporters of a flat scale now believe that, in general, Russia is ripe for selective taxation. “The distribution of this tax burden should be more fair,  corporations, legal entities and individuals who earn more should still give more to solving problems of fighting poverty,” Putin concluded. At the end of February, during his address to the Federal Assembly, Putin instructed to think through approaches to “modernizing” the fiscal system. From that moment on, the authorities began preparing the largest tax reform in two decades.

After the presidential elections, which will be held on March 15–17, Russia plans to increase the personal income tax (NDFL) to 20%, and the profit tax to 25%, wrote “Important Stories”. The reform will affect at least 20 million Russians and bring the treasury 2.5 trillion rubles. per year, the publication’s sources noted.

https://t.me/moscowtimes_ru/20077

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 6:08:45 AM EDT
[#43]
🔥 "Thermal imagers and radars do not see them" - Ukrainian naval drones "Magura V5" destroy the RF

🤜 Ukrainian naval drones have made a real revolution in conducting combat operations against terrorist Russia at sea.

☑️ Reconnaissance ship "Ivan Khurs", amphibious ships "Shark" and "Serna", missile ship "Ivanovets", large amphibious ship "Cesar Kunikov" and patrol ship of the Russian Navy "Cergei Kotov" - went to the bottom thanks to Ukrainian naval drones Magura V5 .

📌 How exactly - the commander of the GUR special unit of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine Group-13, nicknamed Thirteenth, told in an exclusive material for BBC News.

“It doesn't give off a lot of heat, so it's almost invisible to thermal imaging cameras. It is made of plastic, so it is difficult even for radars to see it," says "Trynastiyy".

🦉 The hunt for the invading warship can last for days. Operators must remain focused at all times.

"The most difficult target so far was "Sergei Kotov". Group-13 attacked and damaged it twice, but managed to sink it only on the third attempt," the scout says.

🔗 About the "peculiarities of the national hunt" of Ukrainian military scouts for Kremlin cans, the uniqueness of the Magura V5 naval drones of the Russian Defense Ministry and why the ships of the Russian occupiers do not feel safe even in their own harbor - in a BBC News

https://t.me/DIUkraine/3589

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 6:10:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 6:12:14 AM EDT
[#45]
🇺🇦 🇺🇦 Our DeepStateUA team signed a Memorandum of Cooperation with the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine

📌 The purpose of the memorandum is to ensure data exchange between the Ministry and the DeepStateUA team in order to strengthen the Armed Forces of Ukraine with up-to-date information.

💬 "The Ministry of Defense is interested in using the best practices of IT projects to increase the state's defense capabilities. Cooperation with DeepStateUA will allow to quickly and efficiently accumulate and process the necessary data on the course of military operations," said Kateryna Chernogorenko, Deputy Minister of Defense for Digital Development, Digital Transformations and Digitalization .

🫡 Today, our Deepstatemap.live map is not just a designation, but public attention, needs and people's lives, because it is used by various services and military in their work. Thank you to everyone who chose our projects, helps and supports them. Every day and every night, our team works hard for you to win!

https://t.me/DeepStateUA/19038

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 6:13:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MKSheppard] [#46]
I think the reason for the slow drone strike optempo earlier was that Ukraine had ordered long range strike drones from 5 to 7 companies, and was taking the time to find out which variants worked before down-selecting to the two best variants.

Now those drones have been chosen and are entering full production at a steadily increasing rate, enabling strikes like this on shorter and shorter timescales.

EDIT: Look at the naval strike drones -- Generation 1 and 2 were kind of meh and only were used once in a blue moon. Now that we're on Generation 3 of naval drones, we're seeing almost weekly strikes with them.

Also...

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:22:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#47]
Stop everything and appreciate how hilarious this is.

In Ryazan, on the eve of the UAV attack on the oil plant, the championship of the Russian Ministry of Emergency Situations started, where the elite of the department and the best employees of the Ministry of Emergency Situations gathered.

The sports arena where the event takes place is located across the fence from the oil refinery.

The entire minister’s staff and the head of the department himself are present at the competition.

https://t.me/vchkogpu/46553

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:44:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#48]
Latest Legion video
?????????? ??????? ???????? ????? ?????????? | 13 ????? 2024

And also out of fairness, because I can’t say I haven’t wondered.

Two Majors claims there’s a geolocation showing that the Legion is actually on the Ukrainian side of the border in Sumy.
No real evidence unless you can get Street View to work.

❗️Vyrus extremists from the “Legion” again screwed themselves up with fakes about “entering Russia.” Evidence from Office Z

Sumy region, settlement Ryzhevka. Still Ukraine

Extremists from the Legion of Freedom of Russia only know how to lie in their videos.

The offspring were allegedly recorded in the settlement. Tyotkino Kursk region video.

But:
Here is a photo of this characteristic house with a video of extremists from the village. Ryzhevka, Sumy region from 2022. Coordinates of the shooting location: 51.257647, 34.251380.

On social networks, in the comments, people who know n.p. Ryzhevka also confirm that everything in the LSR video is a lie, a star and a provocation.

Two majors

https://t.me/dva_majors/36561

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:45:10 AM EDT
[#49]
https://i.imgur.com/WtoAoyZ.jpeg

View Quote

The Orcs are so desperate to commit genocide on Ukraine that they'll turn anything into a weapon if they can.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:48:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By scarf:

My new favorite song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vtU-xFjv84
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By scarf:

My new favorite song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vtU-xFjv84

That's an awesome song, thanks everyone for the prayers and well wishes, they are working.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5485 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top