Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 679 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:59:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nickmemphis:

It's just a cotter pin on a keyring, as long as you hold the spoon down, you just straighten the pin a bit and stick it back through the hole. It you hear a pop, you fucked up. Run.
View Quote
#1 It looks like it did work

#2 just throw it into an ally once clear of people. This is a war zone.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:00:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Can someone please repost the Ukrainian soldiers dancing with the RPG and jav that was on twitter thanks
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:00:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Tech-Com:
View Quote

Is the Ruskies really this incompetent. I had some reserve that their Navy might be better than their Ground and AF against Ukr but either they just suck or they aren’t willing to fight this war once deployed. Probably a combination of both. Either way…GO UKR!
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:01:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By HostisHumaniGeneris:

Technically, posting all these pics and videos of Russian POWs is already a violation of the Geneva Convention.
View Quote

Technically its not. That are being posted by civilians.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:02:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Granny has the thousand yard stare

Or cataracts and can't see shit
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:02:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Action45] [#6]
Originally Posted By Yobro512:

Is this true? Is it confirmed?

Black water needs to get its air wing over there ASAP.
View Quote

Cannot confirm, but being reported. Fingers crossed
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:02:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

Ukraine would lose public support if they started mistreating POWs.

It would be the dumbest thing they could ever do in this situation. And they know it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:
I'm personally torn on the kindness to pow thing.

Russian animals who shell and kill civillians should get no quarter.

All my life I've believed Russians to be lowlife, stupid, brutal animals in general.

But that's also not how you get people to surrender.

Perhaps keeping the pows near vital military targets, like your. Bm30"s defending Kiev, or where shelling may happen is a good compromise

It would be the dumbest thing they could ever do in this situation. And they know it.

you mean, like those 2 guys they paraded naked through the town, with only socks?

or the chubby guy they tie-wrapped naked to a telephone pole?

something something Geneva something.  yeah, fuck all that shit.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:02:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:04:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cryo_tech] [#9]
Originally Posted By Action45:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/108967/73BD88D8-C814-4333-975F-6BD2338D8C72_jpe-2298591.JPG

View Quote

No comments is interesting.. Not a denial.

Comrade look, our migs have come to attack the Ukrainian dogs!

Wait... Why are they......

Click. Lights out

Not sure id be saying anything, and just having them appear out of nowhere when least expected.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:04:52 AM EDT
[#10]

He’s spot on. Not worth dying for an unjust cause.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:04:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SoCalExile] [#11]
nvm
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:06:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By SmilinEd:
Can someone please repost the Ukrainian soldiers dancing with the RPG and jav that was on twitter thanks
View Quote

@SmilinEd

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:06:09 AM EDT
[#13]

*snort* lol
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:06:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By x248716x:

you mean, like those 2 guys they paraded naked through the town, with only socks?

View All Quotes

All my life I've believed Russians to be lowlife, stupid, brutal animals in general.

Perhaps keeping the pows near vital military targets, like your. Bm30"s defending Kiev, or where shelling may happen is a good compromise

That's what they're doing to criminal Ukrainians, not POWs.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:06:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:06:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

If true, it just proves the Russian Electronic Warfare and  AK-630 CIWS on that ship don't work according to original manufacturer specifications.    

Man I'd hate to be the defense company having to work on that warranty claim, it sucks here in the US to have to do one when a system fails in the field.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Originally Posted By M-1975:
Originally Posted By JamesP81:
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Oh shit!! Hahahaha he'll yes!!! Wonder which ship?

Hopefully it's one of the Slava or Kirov class ships.
A report earlier said three Grigorovich-class were off shore:

If true, it just proves the Russian Electronic Warfare and  AK-630 CIWS on that ship don't work according to original manufacturer specifications.    

Man I'd hate to be the defense company having to work on that warranty claim, it sucks here in the US to have to do one when a system fails in the field.

Russians: Russian equipment works, problem is you for not knowing how to use..

Also Russians: why does the Kremlin send us this junk?
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:07:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By NunyaBidness:
That's my sense as well. It seems like for a bit they were short on either drones or missiles for the drones and they just got a supply drop. It amazes me to say this, but that Bayraktar drone is probably going to be a game changer in this war. If they keep hammering the supply lines with those drones they're going to pull this off. An out of gas tank is better than a blown up tank because you get to keep it. A starving Russian child soldier is better than a dead one because you can call his momma and show her how well he's being treated.
View Quote

We are not seeing videos from Russia, which is surprising how many young troops are there, and everyone posts videos at that age group. They must have put a ban on using mobile phones and a lot of the dead Russians kit seem to have no mobile phones.

As far as I can tell, we have very few videos or reports of Russians using drones, and they are not publishing their victories. There is so much bullshit on both sides, disinformation, and crap on twitter and telegram. The Russians are not broadcasting their victories and achievements, so we don't have much to go on. Unlike wars in Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, etc., we have not seen many videos of an actual ambush and set up, we just see the aftermath.

The reluctance of Russia to post victories and achievements outside of Donetsk and Odesa is very interesting, I think they have taken the decision that no social media is better than announcing things. Same with Ukraine, there seems to be a lack of actual fighting and that's a smart decision. They are not giving away any ambush techniques, strategies, or how they are destroying so many Russian units.

Basically, we don't know what's really going on, only the people on the ground do and information move so fast and thick, it's hard to trust anything. It's so easy to make a fake video now, and if you see shitty quality videos on youtube or Twitter, it's a good indication that it's fake. Modern computer games like DCS make it really easy to edit a video and very fast. There are lots of pro-Russian video clips on Twitter showing the addition of fake V, Z, O markings on destroyed tanks and trucks, so we really can not verify losses at this stage, that will take time and be the work of war historians and journalists.

I think Putin has decided that the prize is worth it, and is absorbing losses because that's the only thing they know how to do. But, can they win with that strategy?

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:08:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:

But where?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:

Are those Chechens?

Looksike Chechnyans

But where?

That tower is in Grozny.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:09:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Storz:

Why would the Chechens go and fight with Russia, weren't they not enemies not but 20 years ago?
View Quote

This is why Ukraine can't lose. We will be fighting Ukrainians in 5 years if he gobbles them up.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:09:16 AM EDT
[#20]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/108967/73BD88D8-C814-4333-975F-6BD2338D8C72_jpe-2298591.JPG

View All Quotes

do they have to re-mark them with Ukraine badging?
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:10:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:

We are not seeing videos from Russia, which is surprising how many young troops are there, and everyone posts videos at that age group. They must have put a ban on using mobile phones and a lot of the dead Russians kit seem to have no mobile phones.

As far as I can tell, we have very few videos or reports of Russians using drones, and they are not publishing their victories. There is so much bullshit on both sides, disinformation, and crap on twitter and telegram. The Russians are not broadcasting their victories and achievements, so we don't have much to go on. Unlike wars in Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, etc., we have not seen many videos of an actual ambush and set up, we just see the aftermath.

The reluctance of Russia to post victories and achievements outside of Donetsk and Odesa is very interesting, I think they have taken the decision that no social media is better than announcing things. Same with Ukraine, there seems to be a lack of actual fighting and that's a smart decision. They are not giving away any ambush techniques, strategies, or how they are destroying so many Russian units.

Basically, we don't know what's really going on, only the people on the ground do and information move so fast and thick, it's hard to trust anything. It's so easy to make a fake video now, and if you see shitty quality videos on youtube or Twitter, it's a good indication that it's fake. Modern computer games like DCS make it really easy to edit a video and very fast. There are lots of pro-Russian video clips on Twitter showing the addition of fake V, Z, O markings on destroyed tanks and trucks, so we really can not verify losses at this stage, that will take time and be the work of war historians and journalists.

I think Putin has decided that the prize is worth it, and is absorbing losses because that's the only thing they know how to do. But, can they win with that strategy?

View All Quotes
That's my sense as well. It seems like for a bit they were short on either drones or missiles for the drones and they just got a supply drop. It amazes me to say this, but that Bayraktar drone is probably going to be a game changer in this war. If they keep hammering the supply lines with those drones they're going to pull this off. An out of gas tank is better than a blown up tank because you get to keep it. A starving Russian child soldier is better than a dead one because you can call his momma and show her how well he's being treated.

The Russian I/O campaign is to troll forums/Twitter and post "nuh-uh" comments.

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:11:29 AM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

I think both sides are learning to turn off their phone during ops.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:11:45 AM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

Extra chocolate ration for you!
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:12:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 74HC] [#24]

View Quote

I thought that Poland refusal at first was hardball negotiation.  I'm sure they wanted someone to replace those donated MIGs with updated fighters.  If this is true, then somebody did because there would be no way a country who's next on Putin's WARSAW appetite would give up fighters.

It's either Germany, UK, or USA that behind it doing the updating for Poland.  I suspect it's the USA because Poland wants F-35s more than ever.  So does everyone else. Putin's invasion is probably the best salesman for Lockheed Martin.  Would love to see their book to bill ratio are like in these next couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:12:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: safe1] [#25]
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:13:00 AM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

While they likely won’t get Ukrainian livery they would certainly get the roundels repainted.

I was on a trip where we helped deliver some IDF F-35s and while he jets had Israeli tail numbers, the roundels were covered and American ones applied over them since at the time they were American jets.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:13:21 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Or put a red star on them
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:14:08 AM EDT
[#28]
"We have at our disposal the planning documents of one of the units of the battalion tactical group of the 810th separate brigade of marines of the Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation."

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:14:18 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote
Russia confiscated (almost) all personal devices from troops before exercises began
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:14:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Russian SuperYacht Sinking Attempt by Ukrainian ! |Ep46 SY News

Details on that Yacht incident.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:14:41 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Probably a global hawk
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:15:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:15:12 AM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

Most of the Russian conscrips have claimed they were to hand in their phones before going on this operation.

As far as drones, the Ukrainians have UAV jamming systems, I can only imagine what they got from some of the friendly NATO countries.  The US did supply Ukraine with some jam proof military comms though before this kicked off.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:15:30 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Nothing 5 minutes and a can of krylon can't fix.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:15:45 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

Probably a Global Hawk.  Forte10.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:16:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:16:15 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Globalhawk
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:17:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DeathMetalMedic] [#38]
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/slovenias-consulate-ukraine-destroyed-attack-kharkiv-ministry-2022-03-01/

The Slovenian foreign ministry said on Tuesday that the country's consulate in Ukraine was destroyed in a military attack on the city of Kharkiv.

The ministry said on its Twitter account that it condemned the act and Russia's aggression against Ukraine.
View Quote

Consulates and embassies are considered sovereign territory of the country they represent. Legally, the Russians have attacked Slovenia. Slovenia is a member of NATO

By Article 5 of Washington Treaty (AKA the North Atlantic Treaty) provides that if a NATO Ally is the victim of an armed attack, each and every other member of the Alliance will consider this act of violence as an armed attack against all members and will take the actions it deems necessary to assist the Ally attacked.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:17:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SoCalExile] [#39]
Life in the RUSSR

ETA:

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:18:11 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Global hawk is my guess
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:18:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By SuperSixOne:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SuperSixOne:
Originally Posted By nickmemphis:

It's just a cotter pin on a keyring, as long as you hold the spoon down, you just straighten the pin a bit and stick it back through the hole. It you hear a pop, you fucked up. Run.

For those not familiar with hand grenades here's a picture of an m-67 showing the pin and spoon.
Pull the pin, spoon flys off
5 seconds later BOOM.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:19:05 AM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

There is a difference between Ukrainian soldiers hog tying and ass raping Russian soldiers, and pissed off civilians hog tying and ass raping Russian soldiers.
I agree neither should be done, and it's bad optics. But in terms of "war crimes"...
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:19:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By DeathMetalMedic:
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/slovenias-consulate-ukraine-destroyed-attack-kharkiv-ministry-2022-03-01/

Consulates and embassies are considered sovereign territory of the country they represent. Legally, the Russians have attacked Slovenia. Slovenia is a member of NATO

By Article 5 of Washington Treaty (AKA the North Atlantic Treaty) provides that if a NATO Ally is the victim of an armed attack, each and every other member of the Alliance will consider this act of violence as an armed attack against all members and will take the actions it deems necessary to assist the Ally attacked.
View Quote

Not actually though.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:19:46 AM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Yee  haw ..

ТРИМАЙТЕ МОЄ ПИВО !

TRYMAYTE MOYE PYVO !

Looks like a fun weekend  

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:20:12 AM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

From all appearances, the Ukranian command and control network is infinitely better than the Russian's Baofeng network. One has to wonder whether some of the materiel that was airlifted in the days before the invasion was encrypted satcom or HF/VHF/UHF to keep their forces in the loop, coordinate attacks, let their forces know when to pick up more weaponry, etc. It would seem the Russian side is far more haphazard about pretty much everything.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:20:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By BigReb:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigReb:
Originally Posted By HostisHumaniGeneris:

Technically, posting all these pics and videos of Russian POWs is already a violation of the Geneva Convention.

Blah blah blah....Geneva Convention!

I never heard of it!

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:21:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:21:05 AM EDT
[#48]
The Russian I/O campaign is to troll forums/Twitter and post "nuh-uh" comments.

View Quote

Russians right now are busy getting people to get caught up in stupid conspiracies that paint Putin as a valiant knight of Christianity, Masculinity, and Freedom.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:21:19 AM EDT
[#49]
On a side note I've taken up arts and crafts with my free time.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:21:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Walleyeguy24:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Walleyeguy24:

Someone send them a link to the rattle can thread
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 679 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top