Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 690 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:31:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
If only you had listened to Patton 🤷🏼‍♂️

Hell,if only you had supported Baltic,Polish,Czech and Ukrainian patriots before they had nukes to threaten you.

The USSR couldn’t have afford to fight an insurgency from Finland to the Black Sea.

Oh well. I just want to see the Russian bastards smashed so all of us who have to live next door stop being bullied.

All we ever wanted was to be left alone.
View Quote

Too many communists in our government then, but Sen. McCarthy got 80 of them before being betrayed.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:33:05 PM EDT
[#2]
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:33:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:33:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Any more intel on that burning ship?
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:33:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Saw this recently posted as coming from US officials:

According to U.S. officials speaking today, ~100,000 #Russia troops inside #Ukraine (~70% of its entire deployed force) is running out, or has already run out of fuel & food.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:35:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:

That's why I can't sleep.

The logical outcome of this event comes down to very few scenarios.

A) This is a planned and coordinated effort between Russia and the West, Ukraine is just being sacrificed in a pre-negotiated deal. - Highly Unlikely
B) Russia thought this would be fast and easy, and over in a few weeks. - Possible, but highly unlikely because they knew of the training of Ukrainian forces and the weapons transfers, they knew Ukrainian special forces and regular forces have planned and prepared for this invasion.
C) Russia is totally fucked up and their planning, logistics, and tactics, and these losses are just indicative of where they are as a military. - Possibly true, due to their fallback and leverage of nuclear deterrence, and they accept the losses as part of a long term strategy

The problem with all these scenarios, is if Russia starts losing, and they are embarrassed in the eyes of the world, and they are economically destroyed, how do they retaliate? How does Putin save face?

View Quote

there is no saving face.  

vlad catches terminal case of (insert comically unlikely social disease here)

hopefully before he pushes the button.  has to be his own people doing it though or the next thug in the org chart just keeps on going the same way.

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:35:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By SpaceGuy:

Go look whats in reserve. The "Good stuff". It isn't there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
A lot of Russia's moves thus far are something you would do if your intent was to suck NATO into a conventional ground war.

1) Protect coms by using crap until "the good stuff" is required.
- Limiting exposure of crypto and jam evasion
2) Sending in crap equipment/troops and looking like the build up is a "Rescue Attempt"
3) Using the shit rations first
4) Forward deploying your nukes
5) Inching your lines forward
6) Smashing the fuck out of places that are actually hurting you

I'm just having trouble believing there isn't more to the story. Maybe I need shiny side out instead of in on my tinfoil?

70 years ago, before satellites and the internet the original thought might be true. However, in the modern age, what's the likelihood of the US and NATO being caught totally unaware of the "A-team" sitting back and waiting?
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:35:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By mnd6563:

According to U.S. officials speaking today, ~100,000 #Russia troops inside #Ukraine (~70% of its entire deployed force) is running out, or has already run out of fuel & food.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:35:50 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

I love it when a plan comes together
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:35:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By KeithU:

Jesus titty fucking Christ.

I had to go back and read a second and third time to make sure I read it correctly.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KeithU:

Jesus titty fucking Christ.

I had to go back and read a second and third time to make sure I read it correctly.

Yeah not gonna cast to many stones there myself.

I was on extra pain killers last night and misunderstood a couple of post.  LOL!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:36:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#11]
Originally Posted By YankeeWhite:
I'd love to know how many NLAWS and Javelins Nato has and what percentage it has given away to blow up Putin's old junk.  How long does it take to make more?  Would supply line and chip shortages affect this at all?
View Quote

No, but we have stockpiles

45,000 missiles, 12,000 clu's scoll down for each country breakdown.  This is just Javelins mind you.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FGM-148_Javelin
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:36:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7empest] [#12]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
If only you had listened to Patton 🤷🏼‍♂️

Hell,if only you had supported Baltic,Polish,Czech and Ukrainian patriots before they had nukes to threaten you.

The USSR couldn’t have afford to fight an insurgency from Finland to the Black Sea.

Oh well. I just want to see the Russian bastards smashed so all of us who have to live next door stop being bullied.

All we ever wanted was to be left alone.
View Quote

The world has allowed the Russians and Chinese to hold the world hostage with their nuclear weapons since the end of WW2.

The whole world decided to kick the can down the road instead of doing the needful before Russia and China acquired thousands of nuclear weapons.

Hopefully the world sees the insanity of Chamberlain "Peace for our time" bullshit..
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:37:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

If they were at least providing them with fuel then maybe it would be believable. If you want your JV team to tire out the enemy, you have to at least make sure they aren't broken down on the side of the road. Pair that with the fact 70-80% are already committed, it just doesn't check out.

The entire Russian army is the B team.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Glocked:
Originally Posted By mcantu:
It seems pretty clear that Russia is sending in it's 2nd and 3rd echelon troops as cannon fodder. The troops and vehicles they sent in in 2014 were better equipped and newer than what's been sent in so far

This doesn't make any sense.

If true, seems like a deliberate strategy. Sending in the weakest first, using them to tire out the Ukrainians, I’d have to imaging after a few weeks, most of Ukraine’s fighters will be hungry and tired. Would make the resistance weaker for when Russia’s Varsity team shows up.

If they were at least providing them with fuel then maybe it would be believable. If you want your JV team to tire out the enemy, you have to at least make sure they aren't broken down on the side of the road. Pair that with the fact 70-80% are already committed, it just doesn't check out.

The entire Russian army is the B team.

This.

Russia's core competencies are tyranny, suffering, and alcoholism. They're just not particularly good at much of anything else, up to and including war.

Let's consider the highlights of Russia's military for the last century or so:

Russo-Japanese War - Russia lost
Winter War - Russia got killed 5+:1 and accomplished little.
WWII - Russia won*
Afghanistan - Russia lost
Chechnya part 1 - Russia lost
Chechnya part 2- Russia won

Russia's sole moment of military glory comes from WWII, and that carries the obvious caveats that the Germans were fighting on two fronts, Russia had the industrial and logistical backing of the United States, and Russia still sent somewhere around 10M men to their deaths during the war.

Ukraine looks like more of the same for Russia.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:37:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By SEAN10MM:

Dude needs to add another zero. All that trouble ain't worth 1 million dollars.
View Quote

could probably sweeten the pot with a give send go
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:37:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doc540] [#15]
This just in from Daniel Ford.

You should know who he is.

"Welcome to the Third World War

We've seen this movie before, or anyhow I have. To be sure, I didn't understand it at the time, perhaps because I'd seen only one movie in my life. That was Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, which came to rural New Hampshire in 1938, just as Adolf Hitler began to bully and bluff and invade his neighbors. That of course led to the Second World War, which many historians now regard as just a continuation of the bloodletting of 1914-1918. The world enjoyed a twenty-year spell of peace between the Treaty of Versailles and the German-Russian rape of Poland. We were even luckier in 1945: we had seventy years before Vladimir Putin began to sing from Hitler's hymnal. But he did, and with remarkable fidelity, though three American presidents turned a deaf ear to it. (Four presidents, if you include George W Bush, who looked into Putin's eyes and imagined he saw the man's soul.)

And how will this rape of Ukraine turn out? I won't be at all surprised if Putin reprises the Hitler-Stalin pact of 1939, which divided Poland along the "Curzon line" with Russia getting the eastern half. It's probably foolish to think we can stop him: he'll nuke Kharkiv if he has to. But he might then become magnanimous in the "negotiations" on the Belarus-Ukraine border. Let President Zelensky relocate to Lviv, to which the US Embassy has already fled! Let him preside over a neuter state that Putin will leave alone as long as he can dictate its foreign policy, much as Stalin dictated Finland's during the Cold War. (The name "Ukraine" of course will stay with the new Russian province with its puppet leader in Kyiv. Perhaps the western half will call itelf "Kresy," as the Polish diaspora knew the lost lands after they were incorporated into Ukraine and Belarus, and thus became part of Soviet Russia.)

The smartest article I've read on this subject is "Yes, He Would: Fiona Hill on Putin and Nukes" on Politico magazine. Read it, and sigh for the certainties of the Cold War.

Blue skies! -- Daniel Ford

JUST READ THIS, PLEASE
Putin and Nukes

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:38:08 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

The rape and pillage will begin once the troops start starving.  The Japanese did the same.  They were expected to survive off the land and enemy supplies.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:38:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:38:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:
There is another option.  Despite Gen Miley saying that Kyiv would fall within 72 hours, Russians knew this would be a long and brutal war and don't have any intention of stopping it. They don't care if it takes 10 years and costs 100,000 Russian lives. They are intent on retaking all of the former Russian states and are planning on at least a 5 year campaign. Probably unlikely as well, but possible.
View Quote
Russian doesn't have 100K young men to spare. They really don't. If that's the way it plays, guaranteed Putin ends up getting ousted. I agree, Putin really wants to restore the USSR, and really hates that he can't. But if the question is restore the USSR or bust, the answer is bust.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:39:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Bushamster21:

I think you substantially underestimate our capabilities. Our Air Force has operated in non-permissive environments recently in Desert Storm, Iraq War, and Yugoslavia. The only reason we would operate the way you describe would be from weak politicians forcing that kind of ROE.

I will acknowledge the Army's mobile ADA could be better, but it is improving.
View Quote

and why the hell would we even think about risking volunteer pilots that take years to train and $100,000,000 airframes when we don't need to?

just facilitate more turkish and israeli drone deliveries and let them sort it out.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:40:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Shots Fired In Ukrainian City As Locals Protest Against Russian Occupation

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:40:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Voland:

isn't that a felony?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

isn't that a felony?

He is not a US citizen from what I read.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:40:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By replicators:

Their more capable units might be B team, but they're showing C & D team level logistics.
View Quote

They will continue to send troops until they overwhelm the smaller force. How hard that force fights determines the number of troops used.
If Ukraine had the resources, they could destroy this two century old mindset, but they don't have the troops or tech.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:40:34 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Its completely surreal to see just how much of this war we can see and I truly hope he can make it out
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:40:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Damn, I was just over on /Pol/ and the amount of Russian shills using Gadsen or US flags is fucking intense.

One poster even insinuated the Holomodor was just an unfortunate part of the 5 year plan  and they should not still hold a grudge.

Propaganda machine go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:41:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Breedy:

70 years ago, before satellites and the internet the original thought might be true. However, in the modern age, what's the likelihood of the US and NATO being caught totally unaware of the "A-team" sitting back and waiting?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Breedy:
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
A lot of Russia's moves thus far are something you would do if your intent was to suck NATO into a conventional ground war.

1) Protect coms by using crap until "the good stuff" is required.
- Limiting exposure of crypto and jam evasion
2) Sending in crap equipment/troops and looking like the build up is a "Rescue Attempt"
3) Using the shit rations first
4) Forward deploying your nukes
5) Inching your lines forward
6) Smashing the fuck out of places that are actually hurting you

I'm just having trouble believing there isn't more to the story. Maybe I need shiny side out instead of in on my tinfoil?

There are private companies using commercial satellites to develop intelligence briefings. I'd wager .mils might be better. Anyone in a position of power who gets surprised by anything is living under a rock or delusional.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:41:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:41:11 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Godspeed for him!
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:41:14 PM EDT
[#28]

A) This is a planned and coordinated effort between Russia and the West, Ukraine is just being sacrificed in a pre-negotiated deal. - Highly Unlikely
B) Russia thought this would be fast and easy, and over in a few weeks. - Possible, but highly unlikely because they knew of the training of Ukrainian forces and the weapons transfers, they knew Ukrainian special forces and regular forces have planned and prepared for this invasion.
C) Russia is totally fucked up and their planning, logistics, and tactics, and these losses are just indicative of where they are as a military. - Possibly true, due to their fallback and leverage of nuclear deterrence, and they accept the losses as part of a long term strategy

The problem with all these scenarios, is if Russia starts losing, and they are embarrassed in the eyes of the world, and they are economically destroyed, how do they retaliate? How does Putin save face?

View Quote

At the negotiating table, propose a deal. All land east of Dnepr goes to Russia and west stays with Ukraine. So Crimea is linked with Russia.
UA will counter offer and to stop the war, agree to some "deal"

Putin will sell that as a win and so will Ua
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:41:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By TripleC:
Another source...

$1 million bounty on Putin offered by Russian businessman
View Quote

Lol

Is that even worth the risk?
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:42:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By doc540:

We've seen this movie before, or anyhow I have. To be sure, I didn't understand it at the time, perhaps because I'd seen only one movie in my life. That was Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, which came to rural New Hampshire in 1938, just as Adolf Hitler began to bully and bluff and invade his neighbors. That of course led to the Second World War, which many historians now regard as just a continuation of the bloodletting of 1914-1918. The world enjoyed a twenty-year spell of peace between the Treaty of Versailles and the German-Russian rape of Poland. We were even luckier in 1945: we had seventy years before Vladimir Putin began to sing from Hitler's hymnal. But he did, and with remarkable fidelity, though three American presidents turned a deaf ear to it. (Four presidents, if you include George W Bush, who looked into Putin's eyes and imagined he saw the man's soul.)

And how will this rape of Ukraine turn out? I won't be at all surprised if Putin reprises the Hitler-Stalin pact of 1939, which divided Poland along the "Curzon line" with Russia getting the eastern half. It's probably foolish to think we can stop him: he'll nuke Kharkiv if he has to. But he might then become magnanimous in the "negotiations" on the Belarus-Ukraine border. Let President Zelensky relocate to Lviv, to which the US Embassy has already fled! Let him preside over a neuter state that Putin will leave alone as long as he can dictate its foreign policy, much as Stalin dictated Finland's during the Cold War. (The name "Ukraine" of course will stay with the new Russian province with its puppet leader in Kyiv. Perhaps the western half will call itelf "Kresy," as the Polish diaspora knew the lost lands after they were incorporated into Ukraine and Belarus, and thus became part of Soviet Russia.)

The smartest article I've read on this subject is "Yes, He Would: Fiona Hill on Putin and Nukes" on Politico magazine. Read it, and sigh for the certainties of the Cold War.

Putin and Nukes

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:42:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Bassgasm:

Do people really believe this? Still?

It's possible Putin had big invasion maps in his spank bank before the invasion, but their initial attacks failed spectacularly, and they're struggling to gain ground against Ukrainians using mostly Soviet era crap.

A direct fight against NATO forces that have been fortifying positions and deploying reinforcements across the line? No way.

View Quote

i am sure you are right; he is simply sending the pawns and holding his queens back "because why not......russians always like a struggle"

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:43:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By mancat:

The Tigr MRAP doesn't even have any protection for the gunner, just a folding flap hatch that kind of protects the gunner on one side maybe if he's lucky.

What's even the point of having a gunner on an MRAP if he can be shot out in 5 seconds by anyone within small arms range?
View Quote

I think it’s a stretch to call it an MRAP. It’s more of an internal security vehicle like the bread truck that brings the SWAT team.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:43:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By HIMARS13A:

I told our mutual friend last night that for the cost of a Javelin you can buy 100 AT4s. Spread them out and now every time the Russians go past a second story window they've gotta dismount and clear it or risk getting hit with something that can kill everything short of a tank, and possibly a tank from the right angle.
View Quote

From reports on what’s been supplied there is no shortage of unguided munitions. They were giving random Ukrainians RPG-26s.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:45:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Phocks:

Yes, but keep in mind, LAW/AT4/RPG22 have a really short range especially against moving targets or while being shot at.  Successful use requires point blank range or volley fire most of the time.  Javelins?  Fire and forget at 2000m.  That's loads safer for the operator.
View Quote

For urban use they can be preferable. Ranges will be short also. And they are plentiful.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:46:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Russia is extremely isolated now and more and more every day. North Korea can tell them how it feels.

So with regards to the failing assault thus far, do we just apply Occam’s Razor and see the issue as their logistics is so broken they cannot support an actual war or their Air Force is so dilapidated that it cannot get assets into the air? These failures cannot be due to Russia making conscious decisions to do this and do that.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:46:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Lol

Is that even worth the risk?
View Quote

Maybe to a bodyguard. You never know.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:47:44 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

isn't that a felony?

Claim to be a democrat - no felonies.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Wolfy42:

The rape and pillage will begin once the troops start starving.  The Japanese did the same.  They were expected to survive off the land and enemy supplies.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wolfy42:

On foot? Nah. The country is loaded for bear, literally. They have enough flaming cocktails to waste those soldiers if they leave the comfort and safety of their vehicles.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:48:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CenterMass762] [#39]
Originally Posted By Digger440:
Damn, I was just over on /Pol/ and the amount of Russian shills using Gadsen or US flags is fucking intense.

One poster even insinuated the Holomodor was just an unfortunate part of the 5 year plan  and they should not still hold a grudge.

View Quote

There are a lot of stupid people out there.

US leftist bad = Russia good
If left cheer for Ukraine, we cheer for Russia.

That's the most complicated thought that their tiny little smooth brains can formulate. Many of them are right here on this forum.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:49:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By ad_nauseam:

At the negotiating table, propose a deal. All land east of Dnepr goes to Russia and west stays with Ukraine. So Crimea is linked with Russia.

View All Quotes

You can't give half your country away, and leave the enemy on the other side of the river from your capital.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:50:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Walleyeguy24:

Wrong. If people were sure Putin couldn't push the button, I am sure Poland would have already gone in and ass fucked Belarus and then mopped up what is left of Russia in Ukraine.  The threat of Putin and his button is the only reason this wasn't done by day 2. Knowing what we do now, pretty much all of our NATO friends would have wiped this sorry excuse of an invasion out as fast as it started.
View Quote

sorry but I don't think that's even in the "crazy shit we might do" category for the Poles or any other NATO member.  pull shit like that against a NATO adversary with nuclear weapons and your country is assertively no longer in NATO, I think.  

the strength of NATO is as a group acting as one.  not going rogue just because you want to settle some historical beef.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

That guy was spot on for the T-90.  The company had such bad press because of the T-72 they just rebranded it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q83AIJCGaQ
View Quote

The narrator is great. "Good news is you wake up in the morning and... awe shit"
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:51:17 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Why would Ukraine negotiate away any territory at this point?  Russia is facing a total military and economic disaster over this and has no leverage other than the nuclear threat?  Ukrainians seem determined to fight for their country at all levels right now.  They just need to hold out and keep hitting the Russians supply lines.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:51:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

That's the most complicated thought that their tiny little smooth brains can formulate. Many of them are right here on this forum.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

The derpiest of the American right choosing Putin over freedom is the dumbest fucking thing and hopefully they’ll snap out of it but if not hopefully it burns down the useful idiots.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:51:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

It's been my assessment as well.  The Ukrainians are playing Battle of Britian on land sea and air.  

Someone

is giving valuable Intel allowing them to use what little  resources they have to the maximum effect where and when its needed.
View Quote

well shit, wonder who that might be?  
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:52:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By doc540:

JUST READ THIS, PLEASE
Putin and Nukes

View Quote

No, who the fuck is Daniel Ford and why should I suddenly trust anything Politico speculates about?
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:52:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:53:05 PM EDT
[#48]

You think an S-400 is connected to the internet?
View Quote

until someone pointed out the Russians are apparently using unencrypted Baofeng radios I would have agreed with you.  

stupid is as stupid does.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:53:08 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

It's been difficult sifting through them, the Indians, Palestinians and every other fuckwad out there on twitter using old videos of the conflict and reposting it as new, and all sorts of "US is actually worse than Russia" stuff. Can't keep track of it anymore, all of it's starting to look the same.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:53:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By mancat:

No, who the fuck is Daniel Ford and why should I suddenly trust anything Politico speculates about?
View Quote

trust but verify
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 690 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top