Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 796 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:41:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sulman:

If you're going to suggest I'm pro Putin because I point out Zelenksy is stage managed, I'm going to safely assume you're a bit slow.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By agillig:
I think this sums it up better.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/47512/q0u5svn0yg431_png-2301386.JPG

If you're going to suggest I'm pro Putin because I point out Zelenksy is stage managed, I'm going to safely assume you're a bit slow.

Pointing out leaders try to portray themselves in the best light possible (including having a PR/marketing crew) is akin to pointing out water is wet. No shit.

Point being, it’s such an obvious thing that if you try to make a big deal out of it, you will come across as someone who very well might be supporting his opponents.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:41:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Goodn:

Have you not seen the videos of trains that are loaded down and presumably hauling it to the front?  They are ancient museum pieces.  
View Quote
looked

I saw some maneuver footage from the Russian side a couple of weeks ago, and they looked like bog-standard T-72Bs, I was very surprised, it was like watching 80s news footage from East Germany. No ERA, nothing. They were straight out a time machine. The only thing missing were the painted road wheels.  

Syria did okay with these, using what I think was Soviet doctrine. They took a lot of losses from RPG-29s (famously) but in the cities using them as siege artillery seemed to work well, even unsupported. They sent in platoons of them (unsupported!!) and they would blast suspected strongpoints, with infantry following up in BMPs. The FSA (or Jihadis dependent on your point of view) couldn't soak up the losses over time. That's the soviet way. The cost in tanks didn't matter.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:41:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By stanprophet09:

What does CNN have to worry about?
View Quote
CNN has done an admirable job covering the Ukraine war with in site reporters. Unlike, for instance, Foxnews with gives an endless menu of talking heads - half of whom swallow Russian crap wholeheartedly
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:41:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe Russia is intentionally shelling civilians. The cities pounded to pebbles prove that. There is no military value in hitting apartment buildings and I don't mean one, but hundreds over and over again otherwise. They intend to break the Ukrainians will to fight. I don't think very many were accidents or attempts on the presidents life.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:42:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:42:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Elon Musk on Twitter that starlink is spotty throughout Ukraine. As the Russian troops move in and take more will probably start seeing less and less Twitter and news feeds.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:42:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Stoop:
It all adds up.  That one teenage daughter of a Russian oligarch that can't get the latest iPhone can make a big difference.  Exploit EVERYTHING.
View Quote

She probably lives in Switzerland
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:43:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AgeOne:

the zap brannigan method.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

The Russians are trying to oversaturate the Ukrainian defenses.

Sending tank after tank until all the NLAWs, Panzerfausts and RPGs are depleted.

Point at my medal Kiff.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:43:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Riflenoob:
I checked the last 7 pages and couldn’t find mention of sky news. This was posted by Brian Steltser 24 minutes ago and presumably related to CNN stopping broadcasting in Ukraine (which is probably great for the Russians).

SlyNews Journalists ambushed in Gun Fight Video
“But Richie was still inside the car. The rounds were ploughing into the car every time he moved. He was actually being protected by the engine block - he knew that.

He called out, and we shouted at him to come. But then silence. It seemed like an eternity before he emerged over the barrier and jumped down towards us, followed by a hail of gunfire.”

One takes two round to body armor and another wounded somehow.

View Quote

apparently you skipped page 793
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:44:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:44:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By glockluv:

Spoon Man of Kyiv
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By glockluv:

Spoon Man of Kyiv
He's probably killed 5 Russians with that spoon.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:44:38 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote
It's amazing how they're all suddenly finding million round stockpiles in their warehouses when they're feeling charitable.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:44:55 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By agillig:
I think this sums it up better.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/47512/q0u5svn0yg431_png-2301386.JPG

Mouthbreathers assume NATO SOF has been halfassing their 7+ year FID Mission prepping Ukraine for this very thing. The groundwork for this was layed down years before Z showed up to play bobblehead for Pooblic consumption.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:45:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Video with subtitles.

Russian TV staff walk off set after final broadcast

Channel TV Rain stops operating after coming under pressure over its coverage of the war in Ukraine.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:45:37 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

How many Arfcomers would it take to get 1 million rounds of 7n6 gathered up to send?
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:46:08 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:46:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

Point at my medal Kiff.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

The Russians are trying to oversaturate the Ukrainian defenses.

Sending tank after tank until all the NLAWs, Panzerfausts and RPGs are depleted.

Point at my medal Kiff.

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:46:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:

How many Arfcomers would it take to get 1 million rounds of 7n6 gathered up to send?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:47:47 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

like 2 or 3
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:48:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:
The new nickname for NLAWs should be Doritos.

"Crunch all you want. We'll make more."
View Quote

Originally Posted By Auto5guy:
The new nickname for NLAWs should be Doritos.

"Crunch all you want. We'll make more."
View Quote

I second this motion!!!
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:48:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
I think if he was a true crook, he would have bolted on night one. Sure he's probably done some shady deals, but he's changed my view on him 100% this last week.
View Quote

If there ever was a big guy that earned his 10% this is the one.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:49:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By rgkeller:
CNN has done an admirable job covering the Ukraine war with in site reporters. Unlike, for instance, Foxnews with gives an endless menu of talking heads - half of whom swallow Russian crap wholeheartedly
View Quote

Having made a wisecrack about CNN above, I have to agree that, from what I have seen, CNN has done a lot better job than Fox on this.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:49:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Greyswandir:

like 2 or 3
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Greyswandir:

like 2 or 3

Correct answer is 87.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:50:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:
I will tell you this much...

from the amount of refugees in Hungary that are Ukrainian..

I am seeing a good majority are just women and children.

Hardly any men except old ones.

View Quote

Well since they are only letting out male adults under 18 or over 60 years old... you shouldn't plan to see many military age Ukrainian men at all.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:50:31 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Ho Lee Fuk
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:50:39 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

I’ll donate as long as they send me a few cans of 7N22 as a replacement after they beat Russia’s ass.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:50:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Beware of propaganda.
Its been used against Trump and about covid.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:51:40 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

My God, man, that's almost three member's stashes
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:51:44 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

What a bunch of tards.

That was a bullet! No It was a bomb under the car!... STOOOOP!!  JURNALISTAE!!... Try a different language!.. Jurnalistoe!.. Jurnalisteee!!...STOOOOP!!

It was a professional ambush, but we tricked them by running down the embankment.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:51:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:52:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Cartoon explaining the situation to children

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:52:31 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Probably not that many………
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:52:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By hondaciv:

Man I want to see what crates of still NIB Thompsons looks like.  
View Quote

As far as I understand, they came with each Lend Lease Sherman tank but had no ammo. Big problem because in WWII Europe/Russia there was no .45ACP ammo to be found. That's why the Thompsons ended up on the parts kit market years ago.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:52:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
It's amazing how they're all suddenly finding million round stockpiles in their warehouses when they're feeling charitable.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By odiedodi:

This needs to be a fuckin sticky.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:52:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By mokerr:

Holy SHIT that is terrifying
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mokerr:

Holy SHIT that is terrifying
It's also really weird. 5.45 or 7.62 fire would punch all of the way through that little shitty can. I know because I've shot real USA steel cars with both rounds and they always made it into the passenger compartment from almost every angle. They 100% should be dead if someone was actually shooting at the car.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:54:26 PM EDT
[#36]

ATGM hit/kill ratio?  

View Quote
I saw a twitter rumor yesterday from a "US intelligence source" that said of the ~270 javelins fired in Ukraine they're at about 93% hit rate. Take that with a grain of salt.

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:55:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By AKaTom:

Maybe if he is dressed as a girl it may speed things along.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AKaTom:

I can't criticize the dude for wanting to do something to help.  I was a little curious if he shows up with a suitcase full of bandaids if it will even get delivered though.

Maybe if he is dressed as a girl it may speed things along.

I'm not sure how things are over there but folks might not be so tolerant.
Hope it doesn't end up that way
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:55:44 PM EDT
[#38]
~ IF ~
I had any 7N6
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:57:02 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote
I guarantee there will be people bitching in this thread about this.

People fighting/being killed defending their country need the ammo more than joe blow in the US need the extra 1K rounds for the ammo fort.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:57:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Obo2:

regardless of what ee is doing we have staff approved fundraisers and people with means and will to give.

it would be good to talk to the folks running those threads and or striker and see if there isn't a better way arfcom can help or establish more of a network.

Shit I'd send you an ar15 like The American Committee for the Defense of British Homes back in ww2 if I had any idea how to make that actually happen.
View Quote

I agree.  I think many approved fundraisers here are somewhat self serving to specific individuals with good intentions.  This should not be limited but we need to start a thread where we can collaborate as a group to help a just cause, not to give to a pet project.  Maybe I'm just too deep into this mess and seeing many options and resources for the entire membership to step up, form a collaborative effort to help those in the fight.  It would be an amazing vision to see this entire forum organize and get together to take the fight to Putin.

We already have folks that are ready to give so there are many ways:  to corporate charities, government agencies, individuals, or other nonprofits.

So far I've seen people wanting to donate to (correct me where I'm wrong because I've failed to keep up):  Body armor, night vision/thermal, ammunition, personal trip to deliver a care package, and ???

We could easily unite and organize to help this fight, assuming we are serious about Ukraine surviving.  I have many thoughts and suggestions but don't want to devolve into selfish endeavors.  I'm on the ground in Ukraine so would coordinate with other members in the US to establish a network to get needed supplies to those on the front lines.  I'm in the initial phases of getting our local group together in Lviv and I've been placed in charge of logistics, not fundraising, but wanted to reach out to membership because I thought y'all could make a difference.  If not, our group will find other resources to help out.  

I wouldn't be surprised if there's not a push to make this a priority here.  I understand.  Important causes always get lost to the noise.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:57:48 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

how the fuck is that indicative of a supply issue?
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:58:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By RigorMortie:

What a bunch of tards.

That was a bullet! No It was a bomb under the car!... STOOOOP!!  JURNALISTAE!!... Try a different language!.. Jurnalistoe!.. Jurnalisteee!!...STOOOOP!!

It was a professional ambush, but we tricked them by running down the embankment.
View Quote

That was my thought. I think it was someone either being nervous or a shithead at the VCP. An actual deliberate effort and we'd be reading their eulogies all over Twitter.

Did you ever read that story about the journalists in the Chinese quarter during Tet '68? The VC fucking murdered all of them in the street.

https://www.rfa.org/english/commentaries/tet-offensive-01302018181908.html
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:58:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By MCDXXV:

Ho Lee Fuk
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MCDXXV:

Ho Lee Fuk
Typical liberals.

'stop shooting, we're journalists.'

They can't accept the idea that they're the target.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:58:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Tboy:

I agree.  I think many approved fundraisers here are somewhat self serving to specific individuals with good intentions.  This should not be limited but we need to start a thread where we can collaborate as a group to help a just cause, not to give to a pet project.  Maybe I'm just too deep into this mess and seeing many options and resources for the entire membership to step up, form a collaborative effort to help those in the fight.  It would be an amazing vision to see this entire forum organize and get together to take the fight to Putin.

We already have folks that are ready to give so there are many ways:  to corporate charities, government agencies, individuals, or other nonprofits.

So far I've seen people wanting to donate to (correct me where I'm wrong because I've failed to keep up):  Body armor, night vision/thermal, ammunition, personal trip to deliver a care package, and ???

We could easily unite and organize to help this fight, assuming we are serious about Ukraine surviving.  I have many thoughts and suggestions but don't want to devolve into selfish endeavors.  I'm on the ground in Ukraine so would coordinate with other members in the US to establish a network to get needed supplies to those on the front lines.  I'm in the initial phases of getting our local group together in Lviv and I've been placed in charge of logistics, not fundraising, but wanted to reach out to membership because I thought y'all could make a difference.  If not, our group will find other resources to help out.  

I wouldn't be surprised if there's not a push to make this a priority here.  I understand.  Important causes always get lost to the noise.
View Quote

In
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 8:00:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Veccio:
I guarantee there will be people bitching in this thread about this.

People fighting/being killed defending their country need the ammo more than joe blow in the US need the extra 1K rounds for the ammo fort.
View Quote
I'm not mad that they're sending it, but at the same time, it's like, WTF man. It's been a year since George Floyd fell faint on the foyer of the freeway, and I'm still only finding crazy eddies used second hand remanufactured 9MM for $.30 a round. I thought the allegations that they were withholding ammo from the market were schizo posts, but evidently there's some truth to it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 8:00:40 PM EDT
[#46]
This is what Russian kids are being taught in school

https://meduza.io/feature/2022/03/03/kogda-ty-vstupish-v-sovsem-uzh-vzrosluyu-zhizn-vse-uzhe-ulyazhetsya

The very,very,very sad part of this is that there are members here who genuinely believe all of this.

To save you from clicking and translating

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 8:01:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: THOT_Vaccine] [#47]
-weird double tap-
Sorry
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 8:02:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

how the fuck is that indicative of a supply issue?
View Quote

Do or die on the buzzer.  Not sure I agree.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 8:02:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

It’s on its way over to kill communists, I’m ok with this.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 8:03:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By MeatGrinder:
Beware of propaganda.
Its been used against Trump and about covid.
View Quote

None of what you hear
Half of what you see
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 796 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top