Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1834 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:01:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bunn19:

Russia has the most screwed up military production and procurement system out there, even if you ignore all of the corruption and stealing.  They are still building T72s, have fielded T80s, T90s, and about 15 different variants of T-72s it seems like.  No wonder they have such a terrible time with logistics. It doesn't seems like standardization is something they've placed a priority on.

Their aircraft are the same way.  Dozens of different variants and only building a few of each.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bunn19:
Originally Posted By CletusRoundbelly:

The T-14 cannot be mass produced by Russian industry, they are basically built one at a time. And with T72 / T80 production halted due to lack of component parts due to sanctions, don't look for them ever.

Russia has the most screwed up military production and procurement system out there, even if you ignore all of the corruption and stealing.  They are still building T72s, have fielded T80s, T90s, and about 15 different variants of T-72s it seems like.  No wonder they have such a terrible time with logistics. It doesn't seems like standardization is something they've placed a priority on.

Their aircraft are the same way.  Dozens of different variants and only building a few of each.

Ironically, the Nazis did the same thing. That worked out well for them.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:04:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

You think they should keep wearing it as a pagan symbol, I think they should stop wearing it to prevent russia using it for propaganda. That's fine. We don't have to agree on this. It's not a big deal.
View Quote

They can do what they like. It's their uniform, their religion, their country, and anyone wringing their hands over it need to mind their own business and leave them alone.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:05:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Waldo:

I'm sure they'll have all they have made there running in a circle around the back of the Kremlin and out front again.
View Quote

Until they all break down.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:05:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:05:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By JamesP81:

I'm wondering how stealthy it really is.
View Quote
from what I've seen it's only really stealthy coming head on. Even then it's no Raptor or F35
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:11:52 PM EDT
[#6]

IDK, not very if you can believe this.

https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-admits-defeat-su-57-not-going-into-mass-production-2018-7
View Quote

I wonder how sanctions are going to cripple the Checkmate production and sales.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:12:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By kncook:

Don’t you want to eradicate gLoBoHoMo!?!?!?!!

It’s all Americas fault that Russia just HAD to invade!

Reeeeeeee!!!!!!!!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:
Some real deal communists in this thread. Dont say anything not good for the party!

Please point then out.

Don’t you want to eradicate gLoBoHoMo!?!?!?!!

It’s all Americas fault that Russia just HAD to invade!

Reeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

But please bro..Russia stronk! Globohomos launder money there and fund bioweapons!
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:19:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ludder093] [#8]
United States F-35 vs Russian Sukhoi Su-57 - Which Would Win?

Decent watch. Su is a joke.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:20:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

They can do what they like. It's their uniform, their religion, their country, and anyone wringing their hands over it need to mind their own business and leave them alone.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:

You think they should keep wearing it as a pagan symbol, I think they should stop wearing it to prevent russia using it for propaganda. That's fine. We don't have to agree on this. It's not a big deal.

They should keep wearing them. Let he U.S. politicians bitch and whine at the Indians about the swastika they've been using for forever in their country.

Besides, it was well established several hundred pages ago that Nazi is the term the Russians use for anyone against Russia, so it wouldn't matter if they quit using it, they'd just say that the are still Nazi's and ask If they weren't Nazi's why did they change? You changed because now you're trying to hide the fact you're a Nazi.

Honestly, I'm appalled and embarrassed at how ignorant our politicians are. When I laugh at the stupid shit the Russians say, I remember the stupid shit that our politicians say, like Guam capsizing and the slave trade changing sharks migratory routes and quit laughing.

I don't know how this country is going to survive having so many people dumb enough to elect these ass clowns.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:26:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

Lavrov being all crazy

https://www.haaretz.com/world-news/europe/.premium-lavrov-compares-zelenskyy-to-hitler-who-also-had-jewish-blood-1.10774213

Russian TV had some guy on threatening the UK with a tsunami created by nuclear weapons. They’re just a nation of fucking nuts.
View Quote

Hitler had Jewish blood? Hmm... Sounds like the rambling, incoherent postings of a certain member here.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:26:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:27:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
from what I've seen it's only really stealthy coming head on. Even then it's no Raptor or F35
View All Quotes

I'm wondering how stealthy it really is.

Body panels are beat to fit then paint to match. Not all that stealthy, maneuverable though in a very different way compared to an F-22. Seeing them in flight it's a little hard to describe. I use the metaphor that an F-22 flies in a quantum superposition. You want to go somewhere and the flight computers will do their best to get you there without exceeding 9G. An Su-57 can do similar moves. But the pilot has to work harder to get the plane there.

Either way the Su-57 would not be a war winning weapon. Especially not this war. Even if the Russians had a couple of squadrons of F-22s I don't think that would tip the scales.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:27:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm surprised that people's heads haven't 'sploded when they posted that Putin had cancer. I figured that would be a "big deal" in here.
View Quote

Been praying for Putin to die.

Is that wrong?
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:28:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:29:26 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm surprised that people's heads haven't 'sploded when they posted that Putin had cancer. I figured that would be a "big deal" in here.
View Quote

After the video with the death grip on the desk and him being obviously in pain... I'm less than flabbergasted

Maybe they can find an exit strategy if he dies. My hopes aren't high.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:29:35 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

I am sure there will be an In Memoriam thread in GD when he dies..
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:30:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:30:19 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

How well would a conventional non stealth fighter do against it, ie, F15 or F16?
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:30:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: YaNi05] [#19]
View Quote
The SU-57 did not have S-shaped engine inlet ducts, like all other stealth aircraft, so the turbine blades would have created quite the frontal signature. My understanding is that it was designed to be used more perpendicular to incoming aircraft, where it could use its flank radar array and the reduced side radar signature combined with 'notching' to minimize detection. Evidently not a great strategy, since even India didn't buy it in favor of 4.5gen Rafale's.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:31:22 PM EDT
[#20]

I’m wondering how stealthy it really is.
View All Quotes
They don't have enough of them and can't afford to lose any of the ones they have. If they even work that is...

I’m wondering how stealthy it really is.

They aren't really stealthy if you know what to look for.

Plus commercial Synthetic Aperature Radar from Capella satellite can see them too.

Cross tapping screws aren't really stealthy either.

Yea, that's stealthy for the underside.

Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:31:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: THOT_Vaccine] [#21]
Originally Posted By elcope:

It'll be big depending on how much who ever slips to the anesthetist.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By elcope:

It'll be big depending on how much who ever slips to the anesthetist.

Here's hoping they get a loyal party dumbass to cut on him.
A little vodka woopsy. All I'm askin' for.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:31:59 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Meh, I’m not yet convinced it’s legit. Lots of propaganda flying around.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:32:08 PM EDT
[#23]
INSIDE HOSTOMEL' - The Other Bucha, Iprin, Mariupol. ????

INSIDE HOSTOMEL' - The Other Bucha, Iprin, Mariupol
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:33:10 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
not sure I believe it. Hope he fucking dies in surgery if true.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:35:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Hesperus:

Body panels are beat to fit then paint to match. Not all that stealthy, maneuverable though in a very different way compared to an F-22. Seeing them in flight it's a little hard to describe. I use the metaphor that an F-22 flies in a quantum superposition. You want to go somewhere and the flight computers will do their best to get you there without exceeding 9G. An Su-57 can do similar moves. But the pilot has to work harder to get the plane there.

Either way the Su-57 would not be a war winning weapon. Especially not this war. Even if the Russians had a couple of squadrons of F-22s I don't think that would tip the scales.
View Quote

I expect it’s accurate to say that air superiority fighters aren’t war winning weapons unless you can use air superiority to gain a massive advantage over your enemy.

Russia’s air power is not proving decisive here, so high performance air superiority fighters are of limited use to them right now.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:38:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvLifHfbfJc

View Quote

Damn!  you quick!  

I was just going to post that.  

Johnny has always had interesting videos.  He is doing some good ones lately too.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:41:20 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Is it confirmed?

Figure it would be all over the place
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:43:01 PM EDT
[#28]
if it weren't for their ICBM's they'd be just another corrupt 3rd world nation.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:44:08 PM EDT
[#29]

I expect it’s accurate to say that air superiority fighters aren’t war winning weapons unless you can use air superiority to gain a massive advantage over your enemy.

Russia’s air power is not proving decisive here, so high performance air superiority fighters are of limited use to them right now.
View Quote

Heck, they are throwing around hypersonic weapons. Wonder what's the cost to damage ratio on one of those things when dropped on a dozen soldiers.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:45:57 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

I think it's been known he has cancer for a while now.  Last video I saw of him holding on to that table for dear life made me believe it's far more advanced than most know.  I suspect he's on the downhill slope and the reaper is knocking on the door.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:48:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Goodn] [#31]
Originally Posted By voodochild:

I think it's been known he has cancer for a while now.  Last video I saw of him holding on to that table for dear life made me believe it's far more advanced than most know.  I suspect he's on the downhill slope and the reaper is knocking on the door.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By voodochild:

The video clip of his hand rocking in a tremor and his stutter step when he tried to walk was pretty telling that something serious is wrong with him.

Cancer might just be a part of his issues.

Putin video sparks health fears as his hand ‘shakes uncontrollably’
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:50:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Goodn:

Damn!  you quick!  

Johnny has always had interesting videos.  He is doing some good ones lately too.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvLifHfbfJc

Damn!  you quick!  

Agreed. Found out about him watching Bald and Bankrupt on Youtube. Now, I watch 'em both.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:52:08 PM EDT
[#33]
The Truth About Russia's T-14 Armata Tank
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:00:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By YaNi05:
Big meh.

Russia has 2-3 BTG's in Transnistria, so 2000-3000 troops total isn't enough to do anything significant. The orcs would need to push through Mykolaiv and take Odesa before Transnistria was in play. And I don't see that happening at this point. The UA are pinning a bunch of troops in place at Kherson, so even if they don't recapture it they are keeping troops tied up that would probably be transferred to the Donbas.
I think the orcs would need to basically take Donbas and push all the way to the Dnipro River, before they had enough forces to push in the South.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By YaNi05:
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

I don't know what kind of diplomacy is happening behind the scenes, but I want there to be military support for Moldova to capture/kill all the Russians in Transnistria. They can't do it themselves, so they'd have to authorize foreign troops to fight on their land. It would be worth it to place Moldovan advisers with some command authority in every unit, be they Romanian or Polish or whatever. Ukraine needs this relief. Transnistria is an axe hanging over them, just waiting.
Big meh.

Russia has 2-3 BTG's in Transnistria, so 2000-3000 troops total isn't enough to do anything significant. The orcs would need to push through Mykolaiv and take Odesa before Transnistria was in play. And I don't see that happening at this point. The UA are pinning a bunch of troops in place at Kherson, so even if they don't recapture it they are keeping troops tied up that would probably be transferred to the Donbas.
I think the orcs would need to basically take Donbas and push all the way to the Dnipro River, before they had enough forces to push in the South.

Reports say that the Russians are trying to institute mass mobilization in Transnistria.  Granted that isn’t going to produce highly competent soldiers, but the pattern Russia used in the Donbas is to issue local conscripts with moisins and use them as cannon fodder.
They may be trying for a two-pronged attack against Odessa from Transnistria and the Black Sea.  The downside for the Russians is that this sort of operation could go brown real fast for them, given a little help from Ukraine’s friends, but it seems they are desperate enough to try almost anything at this point, and they literally do not give a fuck about their own soldiers.  Capturing Odessa and cutting Ukraine off from the Black Sea might be in Russia’s long-term interests, but they also have to look at what benefits them NOW.  Odessa isn’t necessary to Ukraine’s war effort.  The main arms supply route is well north of there.  All taking Odessa does is removes some threat to Russia’s black sea assets, and (Moskva aside) Russia already dominates the Black sea.  So I don’t see any strategic benefit.  It is also likely to be heavily defended, very difficult and costly to take, and difficult to resupply compared to Kherson or Mariupol.
Ideally, Ukraine needs to inflict more pain on Russian naval assets in the black sea to convince them not to try anything against Odessa.
A better use of Transnistria is probably to interdict the supply routes, preferably simultaneously with an all-out push in the east, but they likely do not have the combat power necessary.  The Russians may also want to use Transnistria to provoke a response from a NATO member (Romania).
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:01:55 PM EDT
[#35]

They've hardly built any T-14s last I read. Mostly pre-production models. Series production kept getting pushed back.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sq40:
So… Russia touted their T-14 tanks and SU-57 stealth fighters as world beaters.  But where the hell are they?  Not anywhere on the battlefield that I have seen.

They've hardly built any T-14s last I read. Mostly pre-production models. Series production kept getting pushed back.

Still pre production and prototypes…  I heard ten or so years ago that they wanted 2,500 in place by 2020. Russia is a monkey fucking a football on everything. I’m not even surprised.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:03:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Ukrainian Operators Strike Deep Within Russian Territory
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:04:12 PM EDT
[#37]

The video clip of his hand rocking in a tremor and his stutter step when he tried to walk was pretty telling that something serious is wrong with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg3HgN11nG0
View Quote
Looks more like Parkinson's.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:04:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:05:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By CS223:
View All Quotes

I agree.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:05:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Sun Wheel. Pagan/ealy Christian symbol

Used by Neo Pagans, Nazis have a different one with a Swastika I think but this form is also used by far right nationalsts (dunno Neao Nazis) in places like Greece.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
Originally Posted By RunAndGun10:
On Twitter an obvious bot posted this alluding that this symbol is bad.  What does it mean? https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/553621/D79AB3E8-79C6-4B34-AA80-B7760F188E7D_png-2368504.JPG

Sun Wheel. Pagan/ealy Christian symbol

Used by Neo Pagans, Nazis have a different one with a Swastika I think but this form is also used by far right nationalsts (dunno Neao Nazis) in places like Greece.

Looks like a black sun.  I don't know if that has any pre nazi usage or existence.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:06:52 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

I think we are talking it with a grain of salt at this point.  If he really is going under the knife,  then we all hope he has a shitty doctor with trembling hands.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:07:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Arestovych actually used “Zerg rush” to describe what Russia might do after full mobilization/declaration of war.

Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:10:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Reports say that the Russians are trying to institute mass mobilization in Transnistria.  Granted that isn’t going to produce highly competent soldiers, but the pattern Russia used in the Donbas is to issue local conscripts with moisins and use them as cannon fodder.
They may be trying for a two-pronged attack against Odessa from Transnistria and the Black Sea.  The downside for the Russians is that this sort of operation could go brown real fast for them, given a little help from Ukraine’s friends, but it seems they are desperate enough to try almost anything at this point, and they literally do not give a fuck about their own soldiers.  Capturing Odessa and cutting Ukraine off from the Black Sea might be in Russia’s long-term interests, but they also have to look at what benefits them NOW.  Odessa isn’t necessary to Ukraine’s war effort.  The main arms supply route is well north of there.  All taking Odessa does is removes some threat to Russia’s black sea assets, and (Moskva aside) Russia already dominates the Black sea.  So I don’t see any strategic benefit.  It is also likely to be heavily defended, very difficult and costly to take, and difficult to resupply compared to Kherson or Mariupol.
Ideally, Ukraine needs to inflict more pain on Russian naval assets in the black sea to convince them not to try anything against Odessa.
A better use of Transnistria is probably to interdict the supply routes, preferably simultaneously with an all-out push in the east, but they likely do not have the combat power necessary.  The Russians may also want to use Transnistria to provoke a response from a NATO member (Romania).
View Quote

Fucking idiots will spend as much time shooting slave conscripts and forcing them to move than actual fighting. Another colossal dumbass move by russia.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:13:19 PM EDT
[#44]

Fucking idiots will spend as much time shooting slave conscripts and forcing them to move than actual fighting. Another colossal dumbass move by russia.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:

So, just another day in the Soviet Union.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:16:05 PM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes

Reminds me of Hitler greeting Hitler Youths while his one hand shaking badly behind him.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:17:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hesperus] [#46]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
Arestovych actually used “Zerg rush” to describe what Russia might do after full mobilization/declaration of war.

View Quote

Well... That's not good.

Wise to check ones ammo supply when that term gets thrown around.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:17:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: weptek911] [#47]
View All Quotes

Naw naw! That’s his gun hand he’s keeping free for drawing his stechkin automatic KGB pistol. Russia stronk! Ain’t cha seen him riding a bear with no shirt???!

God I’m sick of this asshole and his sycophants. He can’t die of ass cancer fast enough for me.

Edit* not directed at the person I quoted. Putin IS cancer.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:18:53 PM EDT
[#48]

We have a 2020 account named Clayton Holister or something that is perpetually pushing moral equivalency between Russian soldiers actions and US soldier actions.  Constantly tip toeing in pro Russian comments.  I wonder if there is a relation?
View All Quotes

We have a 2020 account named Clayton Holister or something that is perpetually pushing moral equivalency between Russian soldiers actions and US soldier actions.  Constantly tip toeing in pro Russian comments.  I wonder if there is a relation?

Clayhollister or something but ya he's in every Ukraine thread trashing Ukraine. And sugar coating anything russia. I've found it quite odd myself.  But he says he doesn't care about either of them but he is in EVERY dang thread pertaining to this conflict
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:24:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jDrexler] [#49]
I doubt there is any connection, I’m not a fan of that guy but honestly given his post count I doubt he has any time to do anything besides voice terrible opinions on arfcom. 25k in less than 2 years.

His name is just lifted from an old western TV show.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:34:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

IDK, not very if you can believe this.

https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-admits-defeat-su-57-not-going-into-mass-production-2018-7

Su-75/Checkmate is fucked.

Only Argentina might be interested because they can't get anything with western equipment. Maybe some of Russia's few allies, like Syria will get it. I think most countries in the middle like Vietnam and India will feel pressure to buy more from the west.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1834 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top