Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 372 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/26/2022 8:59:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tech-Com] [#1]
A lot of heavy vehicles been on the move in the past hour. Putin claims he had halted the invasion due possible talks but is now moving forward.

Activity Starting back up

Link Posted: 2/26/2022 8:59:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By M-1975:
LOL I'm sure they'll get right on that:

View Quote

It's sad the supposed Russian hating liberals that run YouTube/Google have to be asked to do this.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:01:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

Stop with this. The Russian army is what it is. Everyone thought they were 10 feet tall and Ukraine is only getting support from Western Europe when it's clear that they aren't.

There is no A team. Do you think Putin wants this embarrassment of a war? The whole world hates him barring the shittiest of shitholes and the Ukrainians are looking like heroes. Right now Zelensky went from goofy little Jewish comedian to a lion for standing up to him and not buckling within hours. Putin must be fuming that he has been stared down by him and rhe Ukrainians.

No,Russia did not throw 100% of what it had all at once but Russian troops are only trained and equipped to a certain standard,the ruble only goes so far.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rca2222:
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:
Originally Posted By RUM:

What are you basing the "B-team" assessment off of?

The piss poor performance and logistics, and the use of very young conscripts that have been captured.
Not to mention losing 300 paratroopers before they get out of the plane trying some ridiculous WW2 style hot drop. Fucking amateur.

The A team might not be intended to be used in Ukraine.

Stop with this. The Russian army is what it is. Everyone thought they were 10 feet tall and Ukraine is only getting support from Western Europe when it's clear that they aren't.

There is no A team. Do you think Putin wants this embarrassment of a war? The whole world hates him barring the shittiest of shitholes and the Ukrainians are looking like heroes. Right now Zelensky went from goofy little Jewish comedian to a lion for standing up to him and not buckling within hours. Putin must be fuming that he has been stared down by him and rhe Ukrainians.

No,Russia did not throw 100% of what it had all at once but Russian troops are only trained and equipped to a certain standard,the ruble only goes so far.

Not my point at all. I think it's worth considering the idea that Putin actually intends, or perhaps intended, to push past Ukraine. He certainly said he did. As such it's possible that his plan was for Ukraine to be a relatively easily defeated opponent thorough which he would roll his reserves on to the next border. That may explain why he's reportedly holding as much of 70% of his forces in reserve.

Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:02:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AgeOne:
View Quote

In other words Ukraine is making Russia look bad and now Putin has to dig in his heels and save face.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:02:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I can only assume US and Allies are giving Ukraine's sat images hourly etc and there's CIA on the ground?
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:02:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

It's sad the supposed Russian hating liberals that run YouTube/Google have to be asked to do this.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

"Russia Hating."

Everything they accused Trump of being, they are.

Bunch of communist faggots.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:03:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Action45:

Good luck. Zuck is probably deepthroating Putin as we speak. Commies gonna commie
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Action45:

Good luck. Zuck is probably deepthroating Putin as we speak. Commies gonna commie

Facebook this morning just banned russia from advertising and posting crap on Facebook. So I think zuck just made you look like a cuck
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:04:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: delemorte] [#8]

So many young kids who obviously don't want to be there, many 19, 20 or 21. The Ukrainians almost seem to feel sorry for them.
View Quote

I keep seeing this mentioned of their age . I was under the impression that our own militarys average age of inlisted is the same.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:04:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Facebook this morning just banned russia from advertising and posting crap on Facebook. So I think zuck just made you look like a cuck
View Quote

Oh fuck!  
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:05:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Dis I say that putin apologist?,  ffs it does show the incompetence of an untrained and under supplied army that runs out of food, gas and even having yo stop and ask the enemy for directions.. buy go ahead and try to boost the image of your heroes. Lol
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wreckshooter:
Originally Posted By hondaciv:

Soldiers say they are out of gas. Driver offers to tow them back to russia. Everyone laughs. Russian soldiers ask for news on how they are doing in war. Driver tell them that Ukraine is winning, russians are surrendering and impliest that they should too.

how embarrasing, this is Putins army? lol

Russia probably has 10,000 vehicles and one MTLB runs out of gas and it is the tipping point!?!?

People run out of gas during many exercises. It happens.

Dis I say that putin apologist?,  ffs it does show the incompetence of an untrained and under supplied army that runs out of food, gas and even having yo stop and ask the enemy for directions.. buy go ahead and try to boost the image of your heroes. Lol

Dude, shit runs out of fuel all the time.  We have the same issues.

Welcome to the real world where logistics is hard.  

Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:06:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By jerrwhy01:

Oh fuck!  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jerrwhy01:

Oh fuck!  

Article 5?

Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:06:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By PWA_Commando:

Those are some good size craters!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PWA_Commando:
Originally Posted By torstin:
Originally Posted By Tech-Com:
Russian column completely destroyed. Dang these Ukrainians are laying down some hurt.

I see those and I wonder what scenario could have evolved. There hasn't been much talk and I had heard the Ukraine drone base was bombed, but perhaps there are still many flying around.

Those are some good size craters!

Also would be an excellent opportunity for any NATO country with the same type of drones to do some quiet direct assistance
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:07:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Not my point at all. I think it's worth considering the idea that Putin actually intends, or perhaps intended, to push past Ukraine. He certainly said he did. As such it's possible that his plan was for Ukraine to be a relatively easily defeated opponent thorough which he would roll his reserves on to the next border. That may explain why he's reportedly holding as much of 70% of his forces in reserve.

View Quote

He has to hold a reserve in case Poland enters the conflict,with or without NATO. He must also still pacify a nation that doesn’t want them there. The Belarusian people don’t want Lukašenko let alone Putin so he must effectively occupy that nation as well.

I believe he thought this would be over in 12 hours,the West would accept a new puppet in Kyiv even if it wasn’t recognized -actually all the better to be unrecognized- and that would be it.

Every hour that goes on increase the minuscule odds of Putin losing “we had to save Russians from those Jew Nazis” at home. If the dam breaks and Russians become unafraid to take to the streets against him he needs enough men to keep control. He is at a delicate balance.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:07:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By grambosc:

This.  Instant ban.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/B926BC70-2451-4EC1-A889-3A3C070B9F9D-404.gif
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By grambosc:

My thought is spreading Russian propaganda should be an instant ban.

This.  Instant ban.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/B926BC70-2451-4EC1-A889-3A3C070B9F9D-404.gif

At a minimum they should get some flair.  You can see where I’m coming from just by looking left.  
I finally got to use my ignore button this week.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:07:46 AM EDT
[#15]

What was the third? There was the Japanese one, then the Moldavian one (erroneously reported originally as Romanian).
View Quote

Turkish owned vessel, flagged in the Marshall Islands.  Hit by a bomb off Odessa, no injuries.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:08:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By FDC:

View All Quotes

Soldiers say they are out of gas. Driver offers to tow them back to russia. Everyone laughs. Russian soldiers ask for news on how they are doing in war. Driver tell them that Ukraine is winning, russians are surrendering and impliest that they should too.

Russia probably has 10,000 vehicles and one MTLB runs out of gas and it is the tipping point!?!?

.do we stop and ask the enemy first directions? Beg for food? Get lost? Ask the enemy how we are doing in the war? All that has happened. So go ahead and try explain away the embarrassment of the Russian forces
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:08:29 AM EDT
[#17]
So what happened in the last 7 hours?

Did Kiev fall? Serious operations successful or successfully stopped?
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:09:20 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Well said.

All of this - 100%.

Look at Russia's assault on Grozny years ago and you'll see exactly the same young, inexperienced, and scared out of their minds Russian soldiers.

This IS the Russian military.

Everyone thinks the VDV or Spetsnaz = the entire Russian military.

Couldn't be farther from the truth.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:09:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Wow, this thread has jumped nearly 100 pages since I last check in.

Must have been a crazy 24 hours.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:11:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By lafirefighter:

I'm personally growing more concerned about this.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lafirefighter:

I think this is turning out really bad for Putin, the captured Russians I've seen so far seem like untrained kids, and they really don't want to be there.

If it's going bad for Putin, all bets are off as to how he acts. And if the discussion of a peace treaty is Russian bullshit, then what does that tell us...

I'm personally growing more concerned about this.

Very.

Do any of the Diaper in Chief's handlers have the knowledge or balls to run Cold War type operations? It doesn't feel it so far. I don't feel like we are ramped up enough to be seen as a deterrent, nor are we building in face-saving options for Putin.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:11:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Yobro512:
So what happened in the last 7 hours?

Did Kiev fall? Serious operations successful or successfully stopped?
View Quote

No Kiev didn't fall. Russians paused for a few hours in hopes of negotiations to start. Ukraine turned them down. Now back to fighting
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:11:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Man, I'd make lemonade from lemons like this.  Drag that thing home and fix it.

View Quote

Heck yeah. Still had the ATGMs inside. Probably plenty of other munitions as well.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:11:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FDC] [#23]

.do we stop and ask the enemy first directions? Beg for food? Get lost? Ask the enemy how we are doing in the war? All that has happened. So go ahead and try explain away the embarrassment of the Russian forces
View All Quotes

Yes.

and Ukr civilians aren't necessarily the enemy.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:12:14 AM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

Yes you did. You said this characterises their entire military. It doesn’t. And calling me a Putin fan for pointing out the obvious is a weak attack.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:12:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By armoredsaint:
I can only assume US and Allies are giving Ukraine's sat images hourly etc and there's CIA on the ground?
View Quote

They have been
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:13:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By delemorte:

I keep seeing this mentioned of their age . I was under the impression that our own militarys average age of inlisted is the same.
View Quote

No. The average age of a deployed soldier is 10 years older in the US. Conscription aside,Russians aren’t paid and otherwise compensated enough to make it a career choice in the same way so they,for example,have a lower age of NCOs due to so many leaving service rather than how many 30-35 year old Sergeants you will find in the US forces. This is part of their discipline problems due to lack of maturity as well as creates issues of a lower level of overall institutional knowledge.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:14:10 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:16:17 AM EDT
[#28]

He has to hold a reserve in case Poland enters the conflict,with or without NATO. He must also still pacify a nation that doesn’t want them there. The Belarusian people don’t want Lukašenko let alone Putin so he must effectively occupy that nation as well.

I believe he thought this would be over in 12 hours,the West would accept a new puppet in Kyiv even if it wasn’t recognized -actually all the better to be unrecognized- and that would be it.

Every hour that goes on increase the minuscule odds of Putin losing “we had to save Russians from those Jew Nazis” at home. If the dam breaks and Russians become unafraid to take to the streets against him he needs enough men to keep control. He is at a delicate balance.
View All Quotes

The Russian dam breaking is the scenario that scares me. Those last few hours that Putin has his finger over the nuke button will be tense to say the least.

I don’t say that as a justification for Putin to stay in power.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:17:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: delemorte] [#29]

No. The average age of a deployed soldier is 10 years older in the US. Conscription aside,Russians aren’t paid and otherwise compensated enough to make it a career choice in the same way so they,for example,have a lower age of NCOs due to so many leaving service rather than how many 30-35 year old Sergeants you will find in the US forces. This is part of their discipline problems due to lack of maturity as well as creates issues of a lower level of overall institutional knowledge.
View All Quotes

Good to know.. I always assumed it was much younger like college aged. I knew we had lots of older enlisted i just thought the lower enlisted was younger.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/232711/number-of-active-duty-us-defense-force-personnel-by-age/
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:17:24 AM EDT
[#30]

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/59f0865cf43b556e5b665af6/1511907445552-GGH0HWP3KYG550KOAOL2/FullSizeRender_4.jpg

He's hung up on isolated issues that happen to every military everywhere.

Is it going smoothly, fuck no, but characterizing this as a giant fuckup because folks got lost or runs out of food or fuel is laughable.

Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:18:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:18:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Maine_11B_to_Nurse:

Very.

Do any of the Diaper in Chief's handlers have the knowledge or balls to run Cold War type operations? It doesn't feel it so far. I don't feel like we are ramped up enough to be seen as a deterrent, nor are we building in face-saving options for Putin.
View Quote

Maybe that was the plan all along?
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:18:58 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Then let the Russian soldiers pay the price at the hand s of nato.

Time to start a free volunteer air force.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:19:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:19:11 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

I hope Ukraine answered Russia with a "Cyka Blyat!".
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:20:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: delemorte] [#36]

Is it going smoothly, fuck no, but characterizing this as a giant fuckup because folks got lost or runs out of food or fuel is laughable.

View All Quotes

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/59f0865cf43b556e5b665af6/1511907445552-GGH0HWP3KYG550KOAOL2/FullSizeRender_4.jpg

Im just hear for the lulz. I dont personally believe anything I'm being told and only have of what i can see.

I dont trust any one to give me the unadulterated truth. you could tell me Russia is whipping that ass or Ukraine has kicked the commies ass and id still be dubious.

ETA. Remember the spin we were told about Lynch and crew and how they bravely fought off their captors with malfunctioning rifles loading one round at a time cause they were malfunctioning.. Turns out they just got lost and surrendered with out a fight.

As i said. I dont believe a GD thing.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:22:00 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote
I assume that, cyber support, and a lot of other quiet support that will never be known about.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:22:05 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm hoping the resupply convoys are protected. I'd be surprised if by now Russia hasn't inserted hunter teams in the West.

Do you guys think this will be a problem?

Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:22:22 AM EDT
[#39]
This Ukrainian Twitch live steamer is driving around Kyiv. She's right at the building that got hit my the missile earlier

https://www.twitch.tv/olesyabulletka
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:22:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:22:48 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Someone else said it before, but it bears repeating:

He's showing the kind of leadership that would get people to follow him to the gates of Hell and back.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:23:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Garyindiane:
I'm having a really hard time believing that Russia is this bad at war.

I really don't think that they have even started to try yet.

I hope I'm wrong.

ETA: it feels like the Russian boarder guard received orders to attack and no one else told the rest of the Russian army. Something isn't right.
View Quote

Yea…..because holding back and letting Ukraine get confidence, rally citizens to fight, shoot down IL76s with hundreds of your higher trained VDV, encourage more weapons to flow in, and look like a putz was better than a blitzkrieg to crush them quickly….sure.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:24:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:24:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tech-Com] [#44]
The only strategic logic I can apply to Russian's plan is if they wanted to soak up as much Anti-Tank and Anti-Air with their most inexperienced soldiers and obsolete hardware, otherwise they just suck.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:25:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By macro:
I assume that, cyber support, and a lot of other quiet support that will never be known about.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By macro:

Id be amazed if we were not providing them signals intelligence real time. Well it is Biden so maybe not amazed but one would hope. FJB
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:25:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:
View Quote

Fuuuuck
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:25:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By DCV_117:
Wow, this thread has jumped nearly 100 pages since I last check in.

Must have been a crazy 24 hours.
View Quote

100 pages and a lot more dead Russians.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:25:58 AM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Just spitballing here, but...

I wonder how much Sun Tzu ol' Pooty read, and how it factors into the campaign so far.

The Soviets were avid practitioners of maskirovka.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:25:59 AM EDT
[#49]

Im just hear for the lulz. I dont personally believe anything I'm being told and only have of what i can see.

I dont trust any one to give me the unadulterated truth. you could tell me Russia is whipping that ass or Ukraine has kicked the commies ass and id still be dubious.

ETA. Remember the spin we were told about Lynch and crew and how they bravely fought off their captors with malfunctioning rifles loading one round at a time cause they were malfunctioning.. Turns out they just got lost and surrendered with out a fight.

As i said. I dont believe a GD thing.
View Quote

Both sides are exaggerating.  Russia isn't doing as well as they wanted but they are still progressing. Ukraine is doing better than expected but still losing.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 9:28:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:
View Quote

There were plenty of reports weeks ago that Russia had brought in a large amount of ammonia gas to stage an event. They may be getting ready to use it.

I hope not but don’t know how NATO/EU could fail to respond after the “red lines” on chemical warfare in Syria,to say nothing of Europe.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 372 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top