BCM
User Panel

Page / 16
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 3:50:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:16:24 PM EDT
[#2]
The more recent pictures seems to show newer equipment.
Did they just use the old to get rid of it first?
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:23:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:35:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm sure you understand this, but the collection of photos in this thread have almost no correlation to actual losses, one way or the other.
View Quote
ROFL, this is GD.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 8:41:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
ROFL, this is GD.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure you understand this, but the collection of photos in this thread have almost no correlation to actual losses, one way or the other.
ROFL, this is GD.

Actually, what photos end up in the thread depend entirely upon the search engine and web search skills of the poster.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 8:43:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Caption: Debris from wreckage of an SU-34 aircraft, Kharkiv. 11:44 AM · Mar 1, 2022

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 8:45:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Caption: This Russian T-72B tank in Kupiansk, Kharkiv Oblast was apparently abandoned/captured today. 7:42 AM · Feb 26, 2022

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 9:01:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Caption: The Ukrainian Army just captured a fully loaded Russian TOS-1A Thermobaric MRL. 10:32 AM · Mar 1, 2022

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 9:10:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Caption: Kharkiv: A Russian 9N210/9N235 submunition made in 2019 which failed to explode.
Despite the 9N210 & 9N235 submunitions being externally identical, this is likely to be 9N235 with a 9E272 fuze, since it was Smerch that was widely used in recent shelling of the city. 2:56 AM · Mar 1, 2022·

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yes and I'm certain its delivery is performing as intended to demoralize the Russians
View Quote
The Russians had a Hobson's Choice.

Either confiscate their troops cell phones, and take hits in the modern information war.
Or let them keep the phones, and take higher casualties from the West collecting real-time location data. And passing it on to Ukraine.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 9:13:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Caption: Satellite imagery of Feb. 28 show at least 63 helicopters deployed at V.D. Bolshoy Bokov airfield near Mazyr in Belarus, which is around 40km from the border with Ukraine. The field hospital was spotted a week ago already. 5:47 AM · Mar 1, 2022

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 9:20:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Caption: No Caption

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 9:23:04 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote
Russia.

Vehicle recovery.
Do they even?
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 9:25:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Caption: Two pretty rare Russian vehicles were abandoned in Sumy; a BTR-MDM Airborne APC and 1V119 artillery battalion fire direction vehicle. 5:17 PM · Mar 1, 2022

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 9:26:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Russia.

Vehicle recovery.
Do they even?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Russia.

Vehicle recovery.
Do they even?

I thought that too. They must have something like our M88 Tank Recovery vehicles. Even another tank can tow a tank.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Caption: Two more T-723BM (One damaged, one destroyed) lost by Russian forces recently, as well as a MP-2IM signals vehicle. 4:10 PM · Mar 1, 2022

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 9:50:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Caption: The Russian army lost further armour in Sumy; 2x T-72B3 (One of which was later blown up) 3:03 PM · Mar 1, 2022

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 9:53:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Caption: The Ukrainian Territorial Defence Forces took out two more Russian supply trucks; again likely to be in Sumy. 2:46 PM · Mar 1, 2022

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 10:02:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Caption:   Kharkiv downtown today… 9:56 AM · Mar 1, 2022

Caption: Today. 20 km from Kyiv downtown. Many dead soldiers from Kemerovo. 4:09 PM · Mar 1, 2022

Graphic
Click To View Spoiler

Graphic
Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 10:15:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Caption: Kharkiv today...8:22 AM · Mar 1, 2022

Graphic
Click To View Spoiler

Caption: Ukrainians are taping looters all around the country to lamp posts and telephone poles using rope and tape. 9:57 AM · Mar 1, 2022

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 10:22:50 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 10:23:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Why are the Russians not destroying their abandoned equipment?  Or booby trapping them?  I know they're most likely broken down and non operational but wouldn't it be in their best interest to render them permanently inoperable?  Apparently since their not destroying them it indicates there is no "sensitive" technology on them.  If there was, for sure we would be low key getting a hold of a few.  

Or maybe they did destroy them internally and we just can't see the destruction from the images?
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 10:26:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Why are the Russians not destroying their abandoned equipment?  Or booby trapping them?  I know they're most likely broken down and non operational but wouldn't it be in their best interest to render them permanently inoperable?  Apparently since their not destroying them it indicates there is no "sensitive" technology on them.  If there was, for sure we would be low key getting a hold of a few.  

Or maybe they did destroy them internally and we just can't see the destruction from the images?
View Quote

Apparently they are leaving them operational, in many cases.

Just look at this lol. Probably end up on a Ukrainian used car lot. "It's a peach...the previous owner hardly drove it"

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 10:40:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Russians point weapons at people

Ukrainians ready to welcome Russians

???????? ?????? ???????? ????? ?? ??????.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 10:48:41 PM EDT
[#25]
???????? ????? ????? - ?????! ??? ?????!

"Everyone was killed! Corpses are not taken away"

Всіх вбили, а трупи не забирають

"Occupiers and murderers": in Melitopol, locals stopped the Russian column

"???????? ? ??????": ? ?????????? ??????? ???????? ????????? ??????

????????? ????????? ??????? "??????"

Kyiv TV Tower Hit By Deadly Russian Airstrike

Kyiv TV Tower Hit By Deadly Russian Airstrike

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 10:56:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Caption: Russian attack helicopters Mi-24 prepare for mission

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 11:01:54 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 11:08:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Caption: Kharkiv today...8:22 AM  Mar 1, 2022

https://i.postimg.cc/hvDwwJVN/FMx-T1-UEX0-AAyn-YN.jpg

Graphic
Click To View Spoiler

Caption: Ukrainians are taping looters all around the country to lamp posts and telephone poles using rope and tape. 9:57 AM  Mar 1, 2022

https://i.postimg.cc/3RSC8WPs/FMxpfo-BXo-AQpjz-L.jpg
View Quote
OAB is looking at that last pic with a smile.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 11:25:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The BRDM-2 in the next to last picture is a NBC unit.
View Quote

I don't doubt you're right, but how can you tell?
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:29:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Those extensions on the rear are where the marker flags go.

Soviet BRDM-2 Armoured Car No 485 at War & Peace Revival

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:25:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0IjFZKoQWM
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0IjFZKoQWM

Excellent, very good info. So many different variants.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:33:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Caption: The Russian Army lost more vehicles in Bashtanka yesterday, including a BTR-80 and 3 supply trucks. 7:53 AM · Mar 2, 2022

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:40:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Caption: This member of the Territorial Defence Forces seems to have captured himself a MP-443 Grach handgun from Russian forces. 6:36 AM · Mar 2, 2022

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:42:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

No all russian equipment is old and soldiers are b team

I been seeing some harder more modern equipped soldiers recently now as well.

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:43:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Excellent, very good info. So many different variants.
View Quote
No idea where it turret is.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:54:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Caption: Days ago, possibly in the vicinity of Kyiv (Although location is unconfirmed), Russian Rosgvardia forces lost a Avtozaks (Prisoner Transport Bus) and a supply vehicle when they came under fire. 6:05 AM · Mar 2, 2022

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:58:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also bear in mind LNR and DNR are fighting with the Russian forces and are more like  militia with tanks.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:00:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Looks like armor and trucks are not very safe places to be.
View Quote

You are most likely getting a distorted perspective due to the sampling bias inherent in war photography.  Destroyed or abandoned vehicles make for interesting yet “G-rated” pictures.  The latter may be important to a professional photographer looking to sell their work to media outlets.  Vehicles are harder to evacuate than human casualties and easy for photographers to find after the battle.

During and after WWII it was often claimed that crewing a tank was more hazardous than infantry duty because they draw fire.  My own infantryman grandfather believed this.  Actual casualty figures from the ETO show that US Army infantry were killed at about six times the rate of tankers.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:09:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Caption: : A "Varta" armored personnel carrier was abandoned by the Ukrainian army in Volnovakha and then captured by the LNR forces (Russian allies). Pretty interesting photos, showing vehicle's internals and its overall good condition.
7:00 AM · Mar 2, 2022

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:11:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Caption: : A "Varta" armored personnel carrier was abandoned by the Ukrainian army in Volnovakha and then captured by the LNR forces (Russian allies). Pretty interesting photos, showing vehicle's internals and its overall good condition.
7:00 AM · Mar 2, 2022

https://i.postimg.cc/Gtq1Vzsf/FM2-Kr-BYXw-AIxtx.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/j5tmTPKY/FM2-Krm-CWYAYo-PAB.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/cHF9NzXf/FM2-Ksa-KWYAE7s-Cc.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/1XgH13gZ/FM2-Kut-TWQAAM1-Kb.jpg
View Quote

I want one
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:15:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You are most likely getting a distorted perspective due to the sampling bias inherent in war photography.  Destroyed or abandoned vehicles make for interesting yet “G-rated” pictures.  The latter may be important to a professional photographer looking to sell their work to media outlets.  Vehicles are harder to evacuate than human casualties and easy for photographers to find after the battle.

During and after WWII it was often claimed that crewing a tank was more hazardous than infantry duty because they draw fire.  My own infantryman grandfather believed this.  Actual casualty figures from the ETO show that US Army infantry were killed at about six times the rate of tankers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have to admit, though, that if you are dealing with infantry armed with large quantities of high tech AT missiles that defeat any existing armor including ERA, and roving drones capable of destroying armor, the modern tank would seem somewhat  obsolete.

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:25:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You have to admit, though, that if you are dealing with infantry armed with large quantities of high tech AT missiles that defeat any existing armor including ERA, and roving drones capable of destroying armor, the modern tank is somewhat  obsolete.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have to admit, though, that if you are dealing with infantry armed with large quantities of high tech AT missiles that defeat any existing armor including ERA, and roving drones capable of destroying armor, the modern tank is somewhat  obsolete.

Maybe, maybe not.  In the opening days of the Yom Kippur War reckless, overly confident Israeli tankers took many losses from Egyptian infantry who were lavishly equipped with RPG-7s and AT-3 Sagger missiles.  Some observers proclaimed that these weapons had made the tank obsolete.  But the Israelis adapted to the threat and the tank remained very much relevant.

Infantry anti-armor weapons are nothing new.  War is not forgiving of carelessness.  It remains to be seen whether the latest generation of anti-armor weapons are true game changers or just another step in the endless game of action and counter-action.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:45:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Caption: The Russian armies established full control over the Ukrainian city Melitopol within special military operation.
https://i.postimg.cc/sDWXMtWM/1775271517-0-190-3071-1917-1920x0-80-0-0-8fe0c05706134a1c08b803cfa0907241.jpg

Caption: ????????? ???????. ?????? ?????
https://i.postimg.cc/h4sFpMq2/772cfed441def11c05d4dc853e62e717.jpg

Caption: ??????????? ??????????????, ???????????? ????? ???????? ???????
(Running this through translation I believe these Russian soldiers are standing by the sign for the village of Staroignatyevka in Eastern Ukraine.)
https://i.postimg.cc/KjJdjc56/2934320-900.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/FFyFmjXS/2934154-900.jpg
View Quote
One thing I've noticed throughout this thread is that Ukrainian infrantry seem better dressed with better winter gear than Russian infantry. The Russian uniforms and helmets look like carryovers from WWII.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:49:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Maybe, maybe not.  In the opening days of the Yom Kippur War reckless, overly confident Israeli tankers took many losses from Egyptian infantry who were lavishly equipped with RPG-7s and AT-3 Sagger missiles.  Some observers proclaimed that these weapons had made the tank obsolete.  But the Israelis adapted to the threat and the tank remained very much relevant.

Infantry anti-armor weapons are nothing new.  War is not forgiving of carelessness.  It remains to be seen whether the latest generation of anti-armor weapons are true game changers or just another step in the endless game of action and counter-action.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All good points.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:53:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Very difficult to get a " real" perspective of the losses from the pictures we have access to. If I just looked at what has been coming across you might think the Ukrainians are kicking ass all over the place and have lost very little equipment. Wish we had a better visual from both sides , but its what we got.

On another note I happed to jump on LinkedIn to check out some jobs and the amount of BS on there with this Ukraine deal is staggering. Fake pics, old pics with new captions , and endless virtue signaling. Where were all these folks during the Crimea crisis!

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:09:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Beware the resolve of an armed man
protecting his animals and Country

Battlefield Bringbacks

Quoted:
They have their folks that will not survive their first engagement..

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/300247/evac_png-2293586_jpeg-2293883.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:40:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

One thing I've noticed throughout this thread is that Ukrainian infrantry seem better dressed with better winter gear than Russian infantry. The Russian uniforms and helmets look like carryovers from WWII.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Caption: The Russian armies established full control over the Ukrainian city Melitopol within special military operation.
https://i.postimg.cc/sDWXMtWM/1775271517-0-190-3071-1917-1920x0-80-0-0-8fe0c05706134a1c08b803cfa0907241.jpg

Caption: ????????? ???????. ?????? ?????
https://i.postimg.cc/h4sFpMq2/772cfed441def11c05d4dc853e62e717.jpg

Caption: ??????????? ??????????????, ???????????? ????? ???????? ???????
(Running this through translation I believe these Russian soldiers are standing by the sign for the village of Staroignatyevka in Eastern Ukraine.)
https://i.postimg.cc/KjJdjc56/2934320-900.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/FFyFmjXS/2934154-900.jpg

Some are equipped with older stuff, But most that crossed the border from Russia have the newest ratnik program gear.

Ratnik Infantry loadout - Russian grunts reach the 21st century

Ratnik (program) Wiki
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:43:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Caption: Destroyed vehicles of the Ukrainian battalion "Aidar" as a result of the battles for Volnovakha. The Ukrainian side lost at least 3 cargo trucks, and 2 T-64BV tanks were completely destroyed. 12:08 PM · Mar 2

Caption: A BMP-1 variant was also badly damaged. 12:17 PM · Mar 2, 2022

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 3:12:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Caption: Chilling. Prisoner transport vehicles lining up in Kherson, southern Ukraine after the city was captured by Russian forces after several days of fighting. Darkness descends. An empire of evil has come.10:39 PM · Mar 1, 2022·

Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top