User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SPECTRE:
In for the apologists justifications.
View Quote
Edgy, But I don't think anyone is going to play...
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:51:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish she would have thrown out "color of law" shithead tyrants really hate that
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:53:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By JTF-B:
If qualified cops cannot be hired,
then barely qualified cops will be hired.

If barely qualified cops cannot be hired,
then unqualified cops will be hired.

If Americans will not apply,
then foreigners will be hired.

And they will not come from countries where the rights of the people are respected.
View Quote

Not like they're respecting anyone's rights as it is...
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:54:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By JTF-B:
If qualified cops cannot be hired,
then barely qualified cops will be hired.

If barely qualified cops cannot be hired,
then unqualified cops will be hired.

If Americans will not apply,
then foreigners will be hired.

And they will not come from countries where the rights of the people are respected.
View Quote

Sounds like it’s best just to not hire cops.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:55:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By smullen:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By smullen:
Originally Posted By SPECTRE:
In for the apologists justifications.

Vague references to exigencies from a couple.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:59:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I know a retired police chief. When the union prevented him from firing bad apples he referred them to the prosecutors office for felony charges and they lost their state license and couldn’t legally hold the job, thus were permanently gone. Problem solved.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:01:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By fargo007:

This is unfortunately very correct.

Firing a government employee outright even with substantial cause takes many years, and the effort succeeds less than half the time.
View Quote
Meth. I've fired more than my fair share of federal employees. It's not easy but it shouldn't "take years". I've been 100% successful with my firings.

Firings for behavior is easier, firing for performance not as much.

But from start to stop it ought to take no less than 3-months and about 60-hours of time. That's the bitch, finding those extra hours to meet the HR documentation requirements. Unions are a thing still.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:08:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Like almost everyone I know, I would not take kindly to a police officer standing in my house illegally, and refusing to leave....and fuck him for stating that he owns the house.

The angry part of me would ask him if he's wearing level IV plates.....because he better be.

The much more rational and realistic side of me would provoke him to arrest me so that I can buy that tractor I've been wanting.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:09:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PepePewPew] [#9]
Originally Posted By QwikKotaTx:
I once had a false alarm that a cop showed up for. He ran my ID on the front porch which matches the address and called in to check for warrants. He refused to leave even though I told him what happened and everything was fine. He would not go until I let him come inside and shout that he was police and for any hiding intruders to show themselves. A real asshole.
View Quote

Good.

The good old routine everyday suspicionless warrant check.
It's the reason why the entire profession is addicted to ID.
But since he already has your ID, there's nothing wrong with it, other than it blows all the goodwill the department earned with you before then.
Unless he demanded to keep your ID and/or prevented you from entering your home while he ran the check.
This is an alarm response. Once the owner has been identified and stated that he doesn't need assistance, the reason for the original contact has ended.

Did you trespass him? Some people don't take hints and you have to explicitly issue a trespass warning.
If you trespassed him and he didn't leave, then you can either shut the door or call 9-1-1 to have a trespasser arrested.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:17:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By BigGulp:
As a law abiding citizen, I know I've done nothing wrong.  By that logic, I will automatically assume that any uninvited (warrantless) entry to my home is a simple mistake and the offender will be told to leave in very clear language.  Something like "I did not call/invite you inside.  You are trespassing, leave immediately".  There is no discussion, failure to comply immediately upgrades the offender to an armed intruder.  Thoughts and prayers will be sent up, but since no action will be taken while the armed intruder's empty hands are in front of their chest/body cam, the last image on the cam will be of me yelling "GUN!" before the armed intruder is dealt with.  
View Quote

Good point.
If you start out treating a home invader as LE, at what point can/do you change course and start treating him as a criminal home invader?

If you start out treating him as a home invader who may have invaded by mistake, all options are on the table if he informs you he did it intentionally.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:19:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd be fighting with him.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:10:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By QwikKotaTx:
I once had a false alarm that a cop showed up for. He ran my ID on the front porch which matches the address and called in to check for warrants. He refused to leave even though I told him what happened and everything was fine. He would not go until I let him come inside and shout that he was police and for any hiding intruders to show themselves. A real asshole.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:43:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By StarJumper:

This video is so bad, I mean it's all bad. There have been worse and nothing happened.

This tyrant was probably worse, he got fired but got rehired and is still a cop. He walked into their home, beat people for raising their voice to him and did everything possible to these poor people including breaking the homeowners hand, he didn't even get prosecuted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR5cRjdTTr4

I doubt anything happens to this guy...
View Quote

seen that video a few times before, as well as lawyer up posting it on his page.

yet another example of back the blue and tbl.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:00:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

And the taxpayers will suffer for it.

But what repercussions is he likely to face?

The government has built a system with no effective negative feedback loop so we shouldn’t be surprised when it goes awry.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lil_Sig:
Originally Posted By Koa:
Originally Posted By bdy83:

And when the officer fails to leave your home because "it's his home now"?  I'd be pissed too

That line was idiotic. Why would he say that!

Why would he not?  What repercussions is he likely to face?

Because training is that. ""If"" a crime had been committed that gave him the authority to enter the home without a warrant. He is trained to take control of the scene.

He is clearly abusing his position and acting beyond the bounds of the law.

And the taxpayers will suffer for it.

But what repercussions is he likely to face?

The government has built a system with no effective negative feedback loop so we shouldn’t be surprised when it goes awry.

You are 100% correct and no one is doing anything about it!
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:12:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ClayHollisterTT:

Trustworthy

ETA, soon China’s totalitarianism will seem more appealing than the lawlessness throughout our entire system. One must wonder if that is part of a larger plan.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ClayHollisterTT:
Originally Posted By 9divdoc:

How many murdering drug dealing rapists home invading illegal aliens released by ICE/BP still plying their trades in CONUS?

A fish rots from the head down.

We have turned into Mexico-Zimbabwe

We will soon turn into China

Trustworthy

ETA, soon China’s totalitarianism will seem more appealing than the lawlessness throughout our entire system. One must wonder if that is part of a larger plan.

It is.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#16]
If you operate outside the bounds of the law as it appears this Fife did. He should be afforded ZERO immunity.

He should be charged with trespass, and unlawful restraint. Never to work in law enforcement ever again.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:24:48 PM EDT
[#17]
She's gonna get paid
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:32:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By wesr228:
Still waiting for the cops to do the right thing and fire his ass. They say the only thing the cops hate worse than criminals, is a bad cop.

But ya know what, turns out that’s horse shit and the thin blue line is more important than civil rights and integrity, every time.
View Quote

You are correct.  If it's just a few bad apples, once something like this happens the leadership would terminate this guy right away and all the other cops would say "good riddance".

If the whole barrel is bad, then leadership would drag their feet, fellow cops would say 'our job is hard' and 'how come you don't talk about the good stuff!'
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:35:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
There are many instances you can enter a home without a warrant and uninvited.

I don’t think a loud music complaint is one of those unless extenuating circumstances exist.
View Quote

You know how we can tell this isn't a case of exigent circumstance that for some reason isn't caught by camera?  Because the cop doesn't say "I can enter due to (insert exigency)" he says he "owns the home"

That's pure disregard for...

That individual family
People in general
The concept of property rights
Law and Order
Our Constitution

Do you think this cop was a good kind upstanding officer and just developed a brain tumor that morning which altered his system?  Nope - he's been shit from the start and all the other cops loved him for it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:36:36 PM EDT
[#20]

They’ll threaten you with misusing 911 then.

Best to treat them with the same advice that police give about rapists: Don’t resist and let the police investigate it.
View Quote

Police investigasting themselves lol
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:38:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By lowcountrydirtrider:
There are numerous exceptions to the warrant requirement, and in California they have the community caretaking function. I can see this go either way.
View Quote

Right.  

That's why he said to the woman "Lady - I am here because it looks like you have been beating your kids" (or some other reason)

Nope. He said he was there because he now "owned the house."

The fact that you can attempt to fool us that there might be some legal exception - well it shows your true character.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:38:39 PM EDT
[#22]

Yes, am aware, but every case is unique.
Was the child at the door in distress, prompting officer to enter to investigate?
View Quote

Cop never said that was the case.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:39:40 PM EDT
[#23]

Was the child at the door in distress, prompting officer to enter to investigate?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By shaggy:

Lol

Caniglia v Strom

Was there a tiger ready to pounce and eat the child?  A tiger invisible to everyone but the officer?

If as you say the officer had some good reason to enter - why did he choose to keep that a secret and why did he say he owned the house?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:39:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Phil_Billy] [#24]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
There are many instances you can enter a home without a warrant and uninvited.

I don’t think a loud music complaint is one of those unless extenuating circumstances exist.
View Quote

I'm sure this is about your speed:

https://www.8newsnow.com/news/local-news/who-will-pay-for-townhome-destruction-after-deadly-henderson-barricade/

But the officers went home safe.

OPs story is why I have a security door outside my regular door. If I do open the door the security door never gets unlocked, whatever it is you can talk to me through it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:45:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By 219Zipper:

Was there a tiger ready to pounce and eat the child?  A tiger invisible to everyone but the officer?

If as you say the officer had some good reason to enter - why did he choose to keep that a secret and why did he say he owned the house?
View Quote

Or assault the woman
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:47:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By WildBoar:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WildBoar:

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:47:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Paul:
Meth. I've fired more than my fair share of federal employees. It's not easy but it shouldn't "take years". I've been 100% successful with my firings.

But from start to stop it ought to take no less than 3-months and about 60-hours of time. That's the bitch, finding those extra hours to meet the HR documentation requirements. Unions are a thing still.
View All Quotes

Firing a government employee outright even with substantial cause takes many years, and the effort succeeds less than half the time.

I've worked for the Governement for over 20 years. I've never seen a single person get fired. I have heard it rumored and then the Union got their job back.

One guy in particular stands out, he had 17 complaints against him as a manager. They demoted him and to my knowledge he is still working for the same Governement Agency.

That said I've only worked with a couple people in that timeframe who I would of fired if I was in the position to.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:48:16 PM EDT
[#28]
C I V I L I A N
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:52:45 PM EDT
[#29]
I used to like and respect cops, but I’ve since come to loathe them - due to endless “bad apples” and their tyrannical behavior.

Perhaps I’m just from a different time.

I will say this though, if I witnessed a cop being attacked/overpowered, I wouldn’t help. Not anymore.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:56:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Phil_Billy:

https://www.8newsnow.com/news/local-news/who-will-pay-for-townhome-destruction-after-deadly-henderson-barricade/

OPs story is why I have a security door outside my regular door. If I do open the door the security door never gets unlocked, whatever it is you can talk to me through it.
View Quote

The guy barricaded for days in there. Remember, kindler and gentler is what the liberals have forced upon us. You have to make sure you do everything you can not to kill someone especially when you have the time to use every single option.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:56:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Have we ruled out that the Deputy doesn’t actually own the home and is renting it to that family?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:58:04 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

No
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:12:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By jestice75:

No
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jestice75:

No

The child was in distress once officer doofy began his hissy fit..
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:16:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By wesr228:
Still waiting for the cops to do the right thing and fire his ass. They say the only thing the cops hate worse than criminals, is a bad cop.

But ya know what, turns out that’s horse shit and the thin blue line is more important than civil rights and integrity, every time.
View Quote

A very, very small fraction of cops are bad, and give the other 4% a bad name.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:35:48 PM EDT
[#35]
That guy needs fired. He could likely be charged if a states attorney looked at it I’d imagine.

All states (some do now) should have a registry for fired LE to prevent them from obtaining jobs at other agencies.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:02:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By SkiShooter:

Hinton was finally fired on September 3.
View Quote

hadn't heard that.  good!

now take his pension
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:22:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By UV18:

There is more accountability now than ever.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Coffin-Nail:
Until they face accountability that doesn't emanate from a courtroom society's faith in law enforcement will continue to decline. With a severe lack in judgment this obvious, leadership in the department should immediately suspend this guy, then put him before a review board that refers any negative findings to a POST complaint meant to remove people not cut out to be an officer from the ability to ever be one in the future. Beyond removing QI that's the only thing that might restore some of the lost confidence. I know it's wishful thinking, this broken system of letting shitbag officers move from department to department will continue.

There is more accountability now than ever.

And yet officers who have clearly been wrong and repeatedly violate people's rights continue to get jobs at other agencies after being fired. If the news media didn't dig into these behaviors nobody would know. Imagine how many of those incidents go unreported and problem officers move all over the area. Hell, the neighboring county has a guy running for Sherriff who got fired for planting drugs and moved to the next county over because the Chief didn't want the negative publicity. The guy running against him got fired as an SRO for beating up a student lol.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:23:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Grindel3710:
That guy needs fired. He could likely be charged if a states attorney looked at it I’d imagine.

All states (some do now) should have a registry for fired LE to prevent them from obtaining jobs at other agencies.

View Quote

Here he'd almost certainly be on administrative leave over the weekend, emergency suspended without pay by Monday, and booked with aggravated burglary.  I mean, the charge would probably be a bargaining ploy to get his lawyer to go for a deal on unauthorized entry of an inhabited dwelling and false imprisonment, offender armed with a dangerous weapon.  Because the agg. burglary charge might get scuppered by a jury concluding that he didn't have specific intent to commit the false imprisonment when he entered, that would be the most likely run here.  Assuming he didn't bite on the deal, I would expect the agg. burg. to be amended to the other 2 charges for trial.  (And for the last 6 years or so you can't department hop in LA for discipline---assuming you avoid criminal charges, serious internal discipline strips you of your LA P.O.S.T. certification now.  With penalties not just for you if you try to apply anywhere else, but also for any department that accepts your application.)
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:32:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Ohio:

View Quote

Lol. You keep believing that.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:33:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:33:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LeadBreakfast] [#41]

View All Quotes

Firing for performance is a pain in the ass even if behaviors are present as long as the employee is smart enough to act like an idiot. In my twenties I worked in a state job and had a coworker who was supposed to show everyone the ropes. She was old enough to be my mother and completely incompetent despite being a dissertation away from a doctorate. My boss at the time made me shift lead and had me watch her like a hawk to the point where she was in front of reports telling them what to do and I'd get on the radio and tell her do not do that. Stop. Now.

This happened many, many times before she found the door, she played stupid the whole time so it was a lot more difficult. Her file was 6" thick by the time she left. My guess is they said leave or we will fire you but i'll never know for sure.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:44:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Mikhail_86:
[Deleted]I deleted this. Don't make implied threats v police Aimless
View Quote

Is he really a police officer at that point?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:23:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By 219Zipper:

You are correct.  If it's just a few bad apples, once something like this happens the leadership would terminate this guy right away and all the other cops would say "good riddance".

If the whole barrel is bad, then leadership would drag their feet, fellow cops would say 'our job is hard' and 'how come you don't talk about the good stuff!'
View Quote

Ding ding ding

The orchard needs to be burned down at this point. It’s sad how every day there’s another video like that, but it’s good that it’s becoming mainstream for people to start getting fucking pissed off about it too I suppose.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:31:14 PM EDT
[#44]

The guy barricaded for days in there. Remember, kindler and gentler is what the liberals have forced upon us. You have to make sure you do everything you can not to kill someone especially when you have the time to use every single option.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Phil_Billy:

If it's worth destructively getting the criminal out, then it's worth making the innocent whole.

Don't fuck over the innocent because of the criminal.  That's how you get otherwise law abiding to think the government might not have their best interest in mind.

The government does care about the citizenry, right?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:33:08 PM EDT
[#45]
These are asshole neighbors, just with their attitude you can tell they are loud and obnoxious and interrupt the peace and quiet of the neighborhood. Fuck them, but the officer was wrong too, so shit…
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:35:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By binthere:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By binthere:
Originally Posted By Ohio:

...give the other 4% a bad name.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:41:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By StarJumper:
Cop is investigating a noise complaint. Cop rings the doorbell, kids answer door, they realize a cop is standing on the porch and so they run to get their mother.

Officer proceeds to open the door, invites himself in the house and refuses to leave when asked to leave.
View Quote

If the cop had tried that shit in my house the girls would have 'greeted' him in a special way.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:49:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By haveTwo:

If it's worth destructively getting the criminal out, then it's worth making the innocent whole.

Don't fuck over the innocent because of the criminal.  That's how you get otherwise law abiding to think the government might not have their best interest in mind.

The government does care about the citizenry, right?
View Quote

why would the government, or an officer(s), care, when then have qi & are able to commit crimes on regular peasants, like you & me, with zero repercussions?

doesn’t cost them a dime. if anything, they get paid OT to attend court on day off.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:55:22 PM EDT
[#49]
So where did this supposedly happen? I have no idea who Lackluster is. He seems like a Youtube Video Sherlock or under-employed trial lawyer.

If indeed it did happen, some Sheriff sure needs to get his deputies better versed on how to answer calls. No law enforcement officer in their right mind would bust into a house following kids that were going to get their parent to come to the front door. It's a damn good way to end one's shift in their own personal body bag. Homeowners have no duty to retreat in this state and many others, even if the home invader thinks he's immune and has God-like qualities.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:36:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Lackluster is perhaps one of the better cop audit channels. Most of them are cringeworthy.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top