Page / 603
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 12:59:51 PM EDT
[#1]

What a great response.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:02:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I know it's a weaker division, but that's a pretty bold statement. Texans don't have a voice in this, but if I'm the Titans/Jags head coach, I'm putting together bulletin board material of everyone already crowning the Colts and writing them off.
View Quote

Jags ain't doing shit.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:06:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I know it's a weaker division, but that's a pretty bold statement. Texans don't have a voice in this, but if I'm the Titans/Jags head coach, I'm putting together bulletin board material of everyone already crowning the Colts and writing them off.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most places seem to give the Colts and Titans near equal odds of winning their division. I'd probably lean towards the Titans based on recent patterns.

The question is, do we think the 2nd place team in that division gets a wild card slot?

I expect at least one wild card slot to go to an AFC North team (Browns, maybe Steelers), and one to go to an AFC East team (Dolphins, the Pats are also a maybe). If the Colts don't win the AFC South, are they still in the mix?
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:07:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Jags ain't doing shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jags ain't doing shit.
I might agree with that, but doesn't mean I'm not posting that bulletin board material. I still like the Titans over the Colts. Tannehill, Derrick Henry, AJ Brown. Adding Julio and Bud Dupree. I think they have improved over their 11-5 divisional winning team last year while I like the Colts less with Wentz than Rivers.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:11:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If the Colts don't win the AFC South, are they still in the mix?
View Quote
I'm up on the Chargers getting a spot this year.

However what I think is the most important aspect to whether the Colts get a spot or not is how badly they and the Titans cannibalize the Jags/Texans. If the Jags can at least put up a struggle it would be helpful. Getting an easy 4 wins in division goes a long ways toward making the playoffs.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:21:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool thing about Herbert.  He keeps completing these big plays to players I hadn't heard of.  Last year Johnson was one of those guys and also Jalen Guyton and Donald Parham were unknowns to me until Herbert came along.

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:22:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I might agree with that, but doesn't mean I'm not posting that bulletin board material. I still like the Titans over the Colts. Tannehill, Derrick Henry, AJ Brown. Adding Julio and Bud Dupree. I think they have improved over their 11-5 divisional winning team last year while I like the Colts less with Wentz than Rivers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jags ain't doing shit.

even if the jags win six games, two would be against the texans and two against the colts.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:25:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jags ain't doing shit.

So...

If we go off last years performances then I'm 100% with you on the Titans taking that division. The Colts hopes ride on whether or not Wentz can play decent football. IF Wentz can play decent ball then it's going to be a lot closer between the Colts and Titans, but I'd still lean Titans. IF Wentz plays at that MVP level he has in the past, then I'd say Colts 100%.

The Jags might be trending up, but I think it's still going to take a year or two before we see them competing in their division.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:37:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

even if the jags win six games, two would be against the texans and two against the colts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jags ain't doing shit.

6 seems to be the neighborhood the odds have for the Jags.

Outside of their division, their schedule includes:

AFC East
NFC West
Broncos
Bungles
Falcons

It might be worth mentioning that their game against SF is in late Nov, and there seems to be a pattern of SF not having a team by then.

I see the Jags having good chances at beating the Texans (x2), Jets, Bungles, maybe the Falcons, and maybe the 49ers. Anything beyond that is going to be any given Sunday type of chances at best.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:43:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:46:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Most places seem to give the Colts and Titans near equal odds of winning their division. I'd probably lean towards the Titans based on recent patterns.

The question is, do we think the 2nd place team in that division gets a wild card slot?

I expect at least one wild card slot to go to an AFC North team (Browns, maybe Steelers), and one to go to an AFC East team (Dolphins, the Pats are also a maybe). If the Colts don't win the AFC South, are they still in the mix?
View Quote

With 7 playoff teams I think we'll see Browns, Bills, Chiefs and then it's going to be Titans/Colts depending on how Wentz plays. For WC teams you'd have Steelers/Ravens/Chargers/AFC South 2nd place/Patriots/Dolphins as the combo of teams competing. Of those I'd guess Steelers, AFC South 2nd place, and probably Ravens/Chargers. I'm splitting the Ravens and Chargers because both those divisions are going to cannibalize themselves a bit so it's hard to predict which one will end up worse off.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:47:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yikes.

If Wentz misses the start of the season with his foot injury they're going to take a bunch of L's early and likely aren't going to be able to recover from that.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:49:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Gonna find out who they are real fucking quick.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:49:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Fuck Talib.

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:52:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Fuck Talib.

View Quote

I heard him try some NFL analyzing on TV. Yeah it won't go well.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:56:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Fuck Talib.

View Quote

To keep with a theme...

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:03:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Going back to that Kelvin Benjamin news...

Can you imagine being told your overweight by this guy?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:14:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:22:21 PM EDT
[#19]

Bro…

TG won’t  like this one !
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:23:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

AFC East
NFC West
Broncos
Bungles
Falcons

It might be worth mentioning that their game against SF is in late Nov, and there seems to be a pattern of SF not having a team by then.

I see the Jags having good chances at beating the Texans (x2), Jets, Bungles, maybe the Falcons, and maybe the 49ers. Anything beyond that is going to be any given Sunday type of chances at best.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jags ain't doing shit.

AFC East
NFC West
Broncos
Bungles
Falcons

You’re probably right, but division games are always harder regardless of talent, and I really don’t see wentz being average this season.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:28:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Well that just ain't right. Hilarious, but ain't right.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:30:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Bro…

View Quote

I hope Wentz does well, but I'm not optimistic.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:41:17 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/219476/5i4660-2033314.jpg

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:44:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

LOL at LJax:

92 Throw Accuracy Short
83 Throw Accuracy Medium
86 Throw Accuracy Deep
View Quote

Is that saying Groot can't shoot?
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:19:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:21:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Fuck Talib.

View Quote

Seriously?

His call during the Cardinals game was probably THE most unprofessional performance I ever witnessed of an NFL announcer in my entire life.  It was like the regular announcer couldn't make it so an hour before the game started they drove to a nearby ghetto, found some random thug standing on the corner with a 40, told him they'd give him $50 to talk about what he was seeing, and that was that.

His abuse of the English language was such that I could only understand every other sentence and it took a couple of times for me to comprehend when he was saying "calamari" he was attempting to pronounce "Kyler Murray."
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:27:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:45:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Bro…

View Quote

Why? Those are just rural best friends.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:48:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Seriously?

His call during the Cardinals game was probably THE most unprofessional performance I ever witnessed of an NFL announcer in my entire life.  It was like the regular announcer couldn't make it so an hour before the game started they drove to a nearby ghetto, found some random thug standing on the corner with a 40, told him they'd give him $50 to talk about what he was seeing, and that was that.

His abuse of the English language was such that I could only understand every other sentence and it took a couple of times for me to comprehend when he was saying "calamari" he was attempting to pronounce "Kyler Murray."
View Quote

LOL....that is exactly what I thought but didn't want to say ghetto talk. No offense to our local brethren here.

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:53:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:59:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Holy fuck. I will never call Kyler Murray anything other than Calamari from this day forth.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:00:45 PM EDT
[#32]

**Sad Trombone**
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:04:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

**Sad Trombone**
View Quote

Dan Orlovsky will still insist he's the MVP after he comes back.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:13:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

**Sad Trombone**
View Quote

Someone might need to perform a wellness check on TG.

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:14:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

**Sad Trombone**
View Quote

Carson Wentz missing time due to injury? Who could have anticipated such a thing?
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:16:24 PM EDT
[#36]

So current report is either he is going to play through the pain/injury or could miss a few weeks.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:17:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

**Sad Trombone**
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:17:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:20:05 PM EDT
[#39]
ESPN: Matt LaFleur says Rodgers is on a pitch count to prevent wear and tear on his arm.

Me: More like so they have a good excuse to force him to the bench so they can see more of Love.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:20:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:23:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:25:58 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/219476/5i4660-2033314.jpg

Savage.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:27:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:30:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Carson Wentz missing time due to injury? Who could have anticipated such a thing?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

**Sad Trombone**

Yup.  Since his rookie year Wentz has not finished a single season in his ENTIRE CAREER.

To be fair though, he didn't fail to finish his most recent season because of injury, but because he was benched after being statistically the worst QB in the NFL.  I'm not sure that's better though.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:31:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
ESPN: Matt LaFleur says Rodgers is on a pitch count to prevent wear and tear on his arm.

Me: More like so they have a good excuse to force him to the bench so they can see more of Love.
View Quote

I tend to agree, but I'll also mention that last year Rodgers said his arm felt the best it ever had without all the offseason stuff. It's definitely a possibility that he and the coaching staff decided to cut back on that stuff, it clearly worked out fine last year.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:33:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Since Rodgers showed up GB released Bortles, anybody think he's an option for the Colts if Wentz can't go?

I don't think he'd get any games in vs. the Jags but it would be kinda funny to see him help the Colts beat them in the division standings.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:35:04 PM EDT
[#47]
We are likely being deprived of maximum hilarity:

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:42:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Wow... He went into Covid protocols yesterday, now this.

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:51:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Since Rodgers showed up GB released Bortles, anybody think he's an option for the Colts if Wentz can't go?

I don't think he'd get any games in vs. the Jags but it would be kinda funny to see him help the Colts beat them in the division standings.
View Quote

Foles and Mariota would be the better options.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:53:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They'd have to trade for them vs. just signing a guy though.

I don't even know where I'd value Foles or Mariota for a trade...
Page / 603
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top