Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 557
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 11:02:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Damon Arnette, former 2020 1st round pick for the Raiders, indicted on assault and firearm charges.

A Clark County grand jury has indicted former Las Vegas Raiders cornerback Damon Arnette after police said he lost his valet ticket at a Strip hotel and threatened a valet with a gun, documents said.

On Jan. 28, 2022, Las Vegas Metro police arrested Arnette, 26, on charges of carrying a concealed weapon without a permit, assault with a deadly weapon, and two drug charges. The Clark County District Attorney's Office dropped the case in July 2022.

Last week, the grand jury indicted Arnette on the assault with a deadly weapon and firearm-related charges, records showed.
Click To View SpoilerIn November 2021, the Raiders dropped Arnette after a video of Arnette went viral where he is seen brandishing a gun and threatening to kill someone.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 11:13:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Brett Favre speaking on Jason Whitlock's "Fearless" podcast this week:

Regarding transgender restroom use: "To think that a young man who identifies as a girl, I don't understand it, just hear me out, can go into a girl's bathroom and use the restroom with girls, and for us to think that's OK, I think is wrong. I'm sorry. ... I just think some things we're allowing in this country are beyond belief   Some of the thoughts and beliefs we're seeing are crazy."

Regarding transgender women in sports and athletes being afraid so speak out against it: "I think maybe vast majority are afraid of what it'll do to their career. And it's not affecting them directly. Not yet, at least. Who knows where this country's going? It may affect them somewhere down the road. Is it too late? I don't know. It's scary."

Regarding Trump: "I think our country was in better shape with him. I think Donald was a non-political president, and I liked that about him. Was he perfect? Absolutely not. Am I perfect? Absolutely not. I'm flawed just like the rest of 'em. We're all flawed. But I really felt like he had our country in a better place and really cared about our people in our country. Black, white, Hispanic, Asian - you name it. I think if you were an American citizen, he cared about you, first and foremost. I don't know if our current president has the same mentality."
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 2:11:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 2:27:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I guessed I missed it earlier, but just saw that they're putting a PLAYOFF game exclusively on Peacock.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 2:29:46 PM EDT
[#5]
The currently top 10 best selling jerseys according to SportsNaut:

10: Will Levis
9: Joe Burrow
8: Travis Kelce
7: Pat Mahomes
6: Kenny Pickett
5: Aidan Hutchinson
4: Anthony Richardson
3: Jalen hurts
2: Bryce Young
1: Aaron Rodgers

Top sellers for all the remaining teams:
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I guessed I missed it earlier, but just saw that they're putting a PLAYOFF game exclusively on Peacock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Details from the last page:
Quoted:
Via WSJ, NBC is paying the NFL $110M for the rights to exclusively air one of the playoff games on Peacock. It will be for Saturday Jan 13th, primetime (Wild Card). The game will be broadcast in the two team's local markets on NBC, for the rest of the nation it will only be available on Peacock.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 2:31:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Brett Favre speaking on Jason Whitlock's "Fearless" podcast this week:

Regarding transgender restroom use: "To think that a young man who identifies as a girl, I don't understand it, just hear me out, can go into a girl's bathroom and use the restroom with girls, and for us to think that's OK, I think is wrong. I'm sorry. ... I just think some things we're allowing in this country are beyond belief   Some of the thoughts and beliefs we're seeing are crazy."

Regarding transgender women in sports and athletes being afraid so speak out against it: "I think maybe vast majority are afraid of what it'll do to their career. And it's not affecting them directly. Not yet, at least. Who knows where this country's going? It may affect them somewhere down the road. Is it too late? I don't know. It's scary."

Regarding Trump: "I think our country was in better shape with him. I think Donald was a non-political president, and I liked that about him. Was he perfect? Absolutely not. Am I perfect? Absolutely not. I'm flawed just like the rest of 'em. We're all flawed. But I really felt like he had our country in a better place and really cared about our people in our country. Black, white, Hispanic, Asian - you name it. I think if you were an American citizen, he cared about you, first and foremost. I don't know if our current president has the same mentality."
View Quote

I miss his weekly show on Sirius during the season, he was on Tues from 11 to 12. He is a pretty good analyst.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 2:48:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:55:43 PM EDT
[#9]
The Bowie Baysox (a minor league baseball team who play at Prince George's Stadium, ~10 miles from FedEx Field) will be celebrating the impending sale of the Commanders by having a "Washington Commanders Ownership Celebration" day Thursday night.

As part of the celebration, fans wearing Washington football gear may purchase half-price box seats. In addition, any fans with the first or last name Josh or Harris, and anyone wearing a Magic Johnson jersey, will receive a free general admission ticket.

Baysox General Manager Brian Shallcross said his front office team had been discussing for several weeks ways to celebrate the sale, "We didn't want to do anything until that type of agreement was in place. We didn't want to jump the gun."

Originally they discussed having a "Snyder Retirement Party", but "ultimately we decided we just didn't want to acknowledge Dan that much. We wanted the promotion to be positive and forward-looking. ... It's hard to find somebody that has positive things to say about the organization and the ownership, so we just thought it was the right time for a celebration."
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 5:18:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://media.tenor.com/LLM0_UOnOoQAAAAC/quay-walker-packers.gif
View Quote

“He gonna cry in the car locker room.”

Link Posted: 5/18/2023 11:30:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Twelve NFL officials have left this off-season. It is the most in a single off-season since 2013. It is also just the 2nd time in NFL history in which double digit officials have left in consecutive years.

More than 20 officials in the last two years? I'm sure that won't negatively impact the officiating at all.

I wonder how many are retiring vs quitting/moving on/moving up.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 12:39:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Twelve NFL officials have left this off-season. It is the most in a single off-season since 2013. It is also just the 2nd time in NFL history in which double digit officials have left in consecutive years.

More than 20 officials in the last two years? I'm sure that won't negatively impact the officiating at all.

View Quote

What are the odds they hire/promote way more women and or minorities for diversity sake? And I don't mean African American men as those hires actually make sense. Hate to be that guy but......
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 12:46:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

They should get guys who wash out of the league into reffing. Pay them vet min or whatever & have like a ref school to train em up.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 1:10:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They should get guys who wash out of the league into reffing. Pay them vet min or whatever & have like a ref school to train em up.
View Quote
Typically, they just vulture the collegiate officials. I would think that would provide a better-quality official then training a player from scratch. However, creating a program to help feed former players into collegiate level official positions where they could potentially come up does sound like an excellent idea.

No fucking way in hell they would pay them vet minimum though. "It is estimated that the average NFL official makes about $205,000 a year."
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 1:16:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The irony in your incessant spamming is that there is only ONE supporting argument for why the 2022 Chiefs could/should have had good odds to win the Super Bowl with that roster:

There was, for some, a reasonable expectation that Patrick Mahomes might do something Tom Brady was NEVER capable of.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
KC, Buffalo, Cincinnati are probably going to compete for the next 5+ years if they don’t spend recklessly.

Not sure why you've got KC there. They're clearly not contenders.

The irony in your incessant spamming is that there is only ONE supporting argument for why the 2022 Chiefs could/should have had good odds to win the Super Bowl with that roster:

There was, for some, a reasonable expectation that Patrick Mahomes might do something Tom Brady was NEVER capable of.

The greater irony is you are completely oblivious to the fact that you posted that the Chiefs aren't contenders the same amount of times I have.

Link Posted: 5/18/2023 1:48:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 5/18/2023 1:52:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What are the odds they hire/promote way more women and or minorities for diversity sake? And I don't mean African American men as those hires actually make sense. Hate to be that guy but......
View Quote

So, a bunch of women on the field? Make them topless to increase viewing audience.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 1:55:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

....have like a ref school to train em up.
View Quote

Remember when they mocked the "replacement refs" yet we all have seen even more laughable calls by actual refs.
Currently they all appear to have trained but by different schools.
Have you ever watched a game and seen it called consistently?
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 2:12:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The greater irony is you are completely oblivious to the fact that you posted that the Chiefs aren't contenders the same amount of times I have.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/ace-16.gif

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
KC, Buffalo, Cincinnati are probably going to compete for the next 5+ years if they don’t spend recklessly.

Not sure why you've got KC there. They're clearly not contenders.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/ace-16.gif

GenYRevolverGuy?Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 2:13:43 PM EDT
[#20]

He's the Gen Y Revolver Guy
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 2:15:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes

Ah thanks.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 2:16:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

This part.

Are they quitting because of the hell they catch from fans an broadcasters, with social media making more pronounced now than the past?

Are they quitting because every official team now has at least 1 woman to help screw the calls?

Are they quitting because theyre tired of being told to give freebies and make calls in the Chiefs favor?
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 2:21:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Ah thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ah thanks.

The poster formerly known as Bassgasm. Hes had screen name reassignment, aka transitioned
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 3:03:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This part.

Are they quitting because of the hell they catch from fans an broadcasters, with social media making more pronounced now than the past?

Are they quitting because every official team now has at least 1 woman to help screw the calls?

Are they quitting because theyre tired of being told to give freebies and make calls in the Chiefs favor?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This part.

Quitting because Brady did.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 3:06:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Typically, they just vulture the collegiate officials. I would think that would provide a better-quality official then training a player from scratch. However, creating a program to help feed former players into collegiate level official positions where they could potentially come up does sound like an excellent idea.

No fucking way in hell they would pay them vet minimum though. "It is estimated that the average NFL official makes about $205,000 a year."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't vet min like 250k for guys who only lasted a few years in the league?

Players already know a decent amount of the rules & how they're typically enforced. Obviously as a player they have a completely different perspective on those rules, but at least they know. Most of the players who wash out aren't going to make that kind of money elsewhere, and they get to stay around a game they likely love, so there is plenty of incentive there...
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Remember when they mocked the "replacement refs" yet we all have seen even more laughable calls by actual refs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

....have like a ref school to train em up.

Replacement refs were worse.

Regular refs still aren't as good as we'd want though, as you're aware.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 3:10:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
The minimum for a 1st year rookie is $750k in 2023.
A 3-year vet (entering 4th season) breaks the $1M mark.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 3:20:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Media got to tour the new LA Chargers practice facility today. Still under construction. 14 acres, 150k sq ft facility, 3 grass fields, 350 on site parking spots, bleacher seating for 5k people. Designed by the same firm who did the Star in Dallas. The Chargers received $276M in financing for the facility. Is located in El Segundo which puts them into LA County while currently practicing in Orange County. 3 miles from LAX and 7 miles from SoFi. Scheduled to open for the 2024 season.

Renderings:
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 3:20:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Fucking stupid.

Just release Trubisky.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 3:23:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Fucking stupid.

Just release Trubisky.
View Quote
I post Steeler news just to get your response.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 3:26:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fucking stupid.

Just release Trubisky.
View Quote
I post Steeler news just to get your response.
[/quote

I had not seen the posting on steelers pages on fb.

Other news the resigned Mason.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 3:45:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Mike Tomlin on the Rich Eisen Show speaking about trading up with the Patriots because Bill wanted to screw the Jets out of Broderick Jones, "I'll put it this way, there wasn't a lot of hesitation on New England's end."

Link Posted: 5/18/2023 3:57:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you write software help files?
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 4:00:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This part.

Can't make ends meet without the extra.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 4:22:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Fucking stupid.

Just release Trubisky.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking stupid.

Just release Trubisky.

Trubisky is fantastic as a backup, as is Rudolph. Trubisky extension reduces our cap obligations.  I'm just waiting to see what the numbers work out to be, before I say its a dumb move or not.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 4:57:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, my bad. I'd think 250k would be enough though, so I guess just up it a bit & put a program in place to bring new blood into the fold. I'd rather see some young guy who just couldn't make it on a 53 reffing because he loves the game than some old doctor/lawyer who does it for shits & giggles.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 5:56:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Isaiah McKenzie (former Bills WR, now with the Colts), speaking about losing to the Bengals 27-10 in the snow in the playoffs, "If we were in a dome, it would have been a totally different game."

Ja'Marr Chase responding on Twitter, "My first time ever playing in snow bro. Just gotta play at the end of the day roun."
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Isaiah McKenzie (former Bills WR, now with the Colts), speaking about losing to the Bengals 27-10 in the snow in the playoffs, "If we were in a dome, it would have been a totally different game."

Ja'Marr Chase responding on Twitter, "My first time ever playing in snow bro. Just gotta play at the end of the day roun."
View Quote

I watched that game, as did everyone in this thread.

Only way the Bills were winning is if you strapped cinderblocks to the Bengals' cleats.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 6:36:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Only way the Bills were winning is if you strapped cinderblocks to the Bengals' cleats.
View Quote

Well, it is NY and the Bills do have a Mafia, so cinder blocks could happen

Link Posted: 5/18/2023 6:41:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Well, it is NY and the Bills do have a Mafia, so cinder blocks could happen

https://helios-i.mashable.com/imagery/articles/03qJgUe9uRPyk2dyo6bKgdO/hero-image.fill.size_1248x702.v1623390700.png
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/18/2023 6:44:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Without snow the Bills might have lost to the dolphins without a qb

Without frazier there's hope that the defense might actually try to do something positive in a playoff game.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 6:56:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Now, tie all that in together with the expanded gambling rules in the NFL. How long is it before a NFL official is caught fixing a game at a crucial moment? Because of gambling debts? The NFL is already behind the curve on the replacement officials if they're just now starting, IMO. Bet your ass there'll be some female refs in there too.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 8:18:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 4:33:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe the refs will work for him at his house instead of on the football field now.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 10:19:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's already bad enough and it'll almost certainly get worse.  It seems like pretty much every crew has a female ref now.  If they actually earned the spot, that'd be fine, but does anyone here honestly think those women getting the jobs instead of men are there because they are among the top 0.1% best football refs in this country?
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 10:20:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Speaking of which, the idiocy displayed by that female ref (I think the first one ever) in the Redskins/Browns game remains one of those most absurd things I’ve ever seen from an NFL ref.

All refs make mistakes.  Especially when trying to make judgments with less than a second to think about it.  However, to run up to a pile to determine who has the ball, make a change of possession decision based on what you see, AND THE BALL ISN’T EVEN THERE is next level incompetence.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 10:23:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

As soon as the Bills actually played defense instead of playing 10 yards off the Bengals receivers, the score was 13-10 the rest of the way.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 11:06:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Speaking of which, the idiocy displayed by that female ref (I think the first one ever) in the Redskins/Browns game remains one of those most absurd things I've ever seen from an NFL ref.

All refs make mistakes.  Especially when trying to make judgments with less than a second to think about it.  However, to run up to a pile to determine who has the ball, make a change of possession decision based on what you see, AND THE BALL ISN'T EVEN THERE is next level incompetence.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/7220621/giphy.gif

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/05ED3717-A008-4E1C-A63C-E4F948453271_jpe-2821710.JPG
View Quote
Watched that game on TV and went WTF.

She was just preparing for helping Brady.
Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top