Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 82
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 6:15:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep intrest free loan indeed .. i got the email in Fl as well.  Went down and got a tmobile internet gateway yesterday and will try it out tommorow when i go up to the river property somtin is better than nothing
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:35:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By schornstinefager:
Yep intrest free loan indeed .. i got the email in Fl as well.  Went down and got a tmobile internet gateway yesterday and will try it out tommorow when i go up to the river property somtin is better than nothing
View Quote

Since T-Mobile did some work on their cell tower my internet has been pretty stable and quick, 200-250 Mbps down and 5-12 Mbps up.  I'm satisfied with it for now but I'm still looking forward to the fiber getting here.

The T-Mobile gateway is very position sensitive and wants the least obstructed path to the cell tower possible.  It took awhile for me to figure out where it was happiest in the house.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:47:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 9:45:02 PM EDT
[#4]
SpaceX has pushed back delivery times for some Starlink preorders and apologized to customers, saying that silicon shortages have slowed production of its internet kit

"SpaceX has apologized to Starlink customers after pushing back some preorders, saying that silicon shortages have slowed production of its internet kit.

Starlink, a subsidiary of SpaceX, told customers who paid a $100 deposit in the first half of this year, that the beta version of the satellite internet service should be up and running in their area in mid- to late 2021.

This week, preorder customers have complained on social media, saying that they won't be getting Starlink until next year, despite already waiting months for the service.

"Silicon shortages over the last six months have slowed our expected production rate and impacted our ability to fulfill many Starlink orders this year," Starlink said in an email, which was posted on Twitter and forwarded to Insider from a customer who ordered the service before May.

"We apologize for the delay and are working hard across our engineering, supply chain, and production teams to improve and streamline our product and factory to increase our production rate," it added.

Starlink said in the email that preorder customers can check their estimated delivery times on their Starlink account."
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 9:24:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: snakesausage] [#5]
Originally Posted By AmericanPeople:
SpaceX has pushed back delivery times for some Starlink preorders and apologized to customers, saying that silicon shortages have slowed production of its internet kit

"SpaceX has apologized to Starlink customers after pushing back some preorders, saying that silicon shortages have slowed production of its internet kit.

Starlink, a subsidiary of SpaceX, told customers who paid a $100 deposit in the first half of this year, that the beta version of the satellite internet service should be up and running in their area in mid- to late 2021.

This week, preorder customers have complained on social media, saying that they won't be getting Starlink until next year, despite already waiting months for the service.

"Silicon shortages over the last six months have slowed our expected production rate and impacted our ability to fulfill many Starlink orders this year," Starlink said in an email, which was posted on Twitter and forwarded to Insider from a customer who ordered the service before May.

"We apologize for the delay and are working hard across our engineering, supply chain, and production teams to improve and streamline our product and factory to increase our production rate," it added.

Starlink said in the email that preorder customers can check their estimated delivery times on their Starlink account."
View Quote
I call BS.  They have been shipping new orders to many places with instant orders or a short wait.  I have been waiting for MONTHS.  When I preordered it said it was first come first serve.

For all of us who ordered in February, read and weep:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Starlink/comments/q0136r/rstarlink_availability_thread/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 5:17:29 PM EDT
[#6]
https://spaceexplored.com/2021/11/29/spacex-raptor-crisis/

Elon Musk says SpaceX could face ‘genuine risk of bankruptcy’ from Starship engine production

The consequences for SpaceX if we can not get enough reliable Raptors made is that we then can’t fly Starship, which means we then can’t fly Starlink Satellite V2 (Falcon has neither the volume nor the mass to orbit needed for satellite V2). Satellite V1, by itself, is financially weak, while V2 is strong.

In addition, we are spooling up terminal production to several million units per year, which will consume massive capital, assuming that satellite V2 will be on orbit to handle the bandwidth demand. These terminals will be useless otherwise.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 5:34:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 7:07:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 10:14:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 8:56:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ZW17:

Well that sure as fuck makes a man want to rage....

WTF?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/36030/30D1D25F-DE7E-45E9-A943-F442B39C5634-2187167.png
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ZW17:
Originally Posted By snakesausage:
I call BS.  They have been shipping new orders to many places with instant orders or a short wait.  I have been waiting for MONTHS.  When I preordered it said it was first come first serve.

For all of us who ordered in February, read and weep:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Starlink/comments/q0136r/rstarlink_availability_thread/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Well that sure as fuck makes a man want to rage....

WTF?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/36030/30D1D25F-DE7E-45E9-A943-F442B39C5634-2187167.png
That is not even the lowest latitude shipped.  

if he were a real entrepreneur he would allow bidding on the available dishies.  My service is so bad that I would pay more than $500 to get starlink of service.  Let the market decide.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 4:42:33 PM EDT
[#11]
One chainsaw builder I follow on YouTube  said he ordered Dishy recently and got it delivered within a couple weeks.
Up in Manitoba,  Canada FWIW
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 5:07:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Fiber installed today.

Bye bye Starlink
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 5:25:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By DavidC:
Fiber installed today. Bye bye Starlink
View Quote

I always like seeing this. It makes me feel like I have a better chance.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 5:30:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 67Firebird:

View All Quotes

When are you expected to get your dish?
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 5:47:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Starlink apparently has a limit on customers in a given cell (area).  If your cell is full, you may have to wait until  more satellites are launched or capacity of new satellites improves.

If a new cell/area is opened up for service in another country, certainly someone can get their dish before you.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 5:56:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Got an email from Starlink last week that expect further delays due to chip shortages.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 6:49:41 PM EDT
[#17]
ordered 2 in November, one in one state one in another state both rural locations
One location not due until the end of 2022
Other location being shipped now.

I think it has to do with saturation of a location, as someone mentioned earlier.  I am not doubting a material shortage, but on the flip side the turnaround for one location is awesome
When I first signed up, they both said end of 2022
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By snakesausage:
That is not even the lowest latitude shipped.  

if he were a real entrepreneur he would allow bidding on the available dishies.  My service is so bad that I would pay more than $500 to get starlink of service.  Let the market decide.
View Quote

That would be the smart thing, but unfortunately humans aren't smart. So if he tried that most of the population would be calling for his head for the unforgivable sin of "price gouging".
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 6:57:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Next year is next month, so....
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 10:02:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Ordered 2/21/21
Shipped out yesterday, so hopefully I'll get it Saturday
East Central California, Fresno County
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:45:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Spacejunk:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Spacejunk:

I'm one of those who was supposed to get it mid to late 2021, and just got bumped to March 2022.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:50:59 PM EDT
[#22]
I tried to order and was told 2022, then tried T-Mobile and got the same response. Stuck with att in rural KY and have no other options
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:05:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NotRyan] [#23]
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:07:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Anyone else get pulles in rather than puahed?

My account was saying Jan 2022 in my area a month ago but is now saying Dec 2021!

Mike
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:11:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By AZ_Mike:
Anyone else get pulles in rather than puahed?

My account was saying Jan 2022 in my area a month ago but is now saying Dec 2021!

Mike
View Quote

order 2/8
11/23 I got the delays working on the production email.
later that day  i got a your order will be shipped in 3 days email.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 11:32:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By colossians323:
ordered 2 in November, one in one state one in another state both rural locations
One location not due until the end of 2022
Other location being shipped now.

I think it has to do with saturation of a location, as someone mentioned earlier.  I am not doubting a material shortage, but on the flip side the turnaround for one location is awesome
When I first signed up, they both said end of 2022
View Quote

@colossians323

Which location state is being shipped?  I'm in Northern NV.  Delivery date was pushed back to the middle of next year.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 11:46:07 AM EDT
[#27]
As many here, I'm in an internet dead zone. While just 3 miles from me, they have fiber!

I've been waiting for Starlink since June of last year. I've use OTR then No Limit Data with less than stellar results. Like I'm getting ~2-10mbps. And they are stupid expensive.

I've looked into the T-Mobile home internet, but their website claims my address isn't available yet.  It's been like that for a long while.

So I called today, just to ask questions. The lady set me up with one for a trial. There is no contract. So while the web says I'm no good, I will have one to test here in a few days.

I have two T-Mobile cell phones that get very good service here. So fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#28]
My date used to say mid to late 2021.  Logged in a couple of days ago and it updated to April of 2022.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:01:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Fuck these bastards for putting other countries ahead after they got us taxpayers money.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:10:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By aod886:
As many here, I'm in an internet dead zone. While just 3 miles from me, they have fiber!

I've been waiting for Starlink since June of last year. I've use OTR then No Limit Data with less than stellar results. Like I'm getting ~2-10mbps. And they are stupid expensive.

I've looked into the T-Mobile home internet, but their website claims my address isn't available yet.  It's been like that for a long while.

So I called today, just to ask questions. The lady set me up with one for a trial. There is no contract. So while the web says I'm no good, I will have one to test here in a few days.

I have two T-Mobile cell phones that get very good service here. So fingers crossed.
View Quote

You may be lucky.  T-Mobile said "not available" for this address for a long time.  Finally it was so I ordered.  At first not impressive.  Speeds were inconsistent, vary from 5-50 Mbps.  Then T-Mobile did some tower work nearby and got the 5G going.  Now consistent around 200 Mbps down and 5-10 Mbps up.  

There are some good youtube videos on the T-Mobile internet and how to get the most from it.  Nater Tater  is the one that helped me the most.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:21:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By cb4017:

You may be lucky.  T-Mobile said "not available" for this address for a long time.  Finally it was so I ordered.  At first not impressive.  Speeds were inconsistent, vary from 5-50 Mbps.  Then T-Mobile did some tower work nearby and got the 5G going.  Now consistent around 200 Mbps down and 5-10 Mbps up.  

There are some good youtube videos on the T-Mobile internet and how to get the most from it.  Nater Tater  is the one that helped me the most.
View Quote

Thanks.  I'll check the tutorials out. I'm hoping it works. I'd be excited if I got 20mbps. But even if I get the same mbps as I do with my current setup, it'll be 1/3 the cost.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 4:00:52 PM EDT
[#32]
As of 1 December they were processing my kit for shipment.  We shall see,  Deposit Date 6/23   Starlink Kit 12/4/21.  

I am in SoCal.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 7:25:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Logging into my Starlink account and it has changed from late 2021 to mid 2022. I paid my $99 deposit in Q1 2021.

Link Posted: 12/6/2021 8:34:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By jacobsk:
Logging into my Starlink account and it has changed from late 2021 to mid 2022. I paid my $99 deposit in Q1 2021.
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 10:20:55 PM EDT
[#35]
An update on my above post.

Got the T-Mobile Home Internet system in this evening. Easy set up. I still need to move the unit around to find the best reception.

Below are the results thus far.

This is my current AT&T (Blue plan unlimited) from No Limit Data. It's usually better than this. But this is tonight's reading.

Attachment Attached File

And this is the new T-Mobile Home Internet. Not bad!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:20:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:37:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanPeople] [#37]
I am on my third Gateway (Router?) from T-mobile in my first year.   Until they switched me to another tower I had issues and lower speeds than expected.

Now I may average around 200 Mbps down and can get over 300 Mbps.

Tech support sucks.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 3:41:08 AM EDT
[#38]
The first t Mobile gateway I received always needed to be rebooted a few times a week and eventually got to where it completely stopped working. I am currently on my 2nd gateway and have it sitting on a computer fan. So far its been 3 months and I haven't had any issues and rarely have to reboot it.  

These gateways are known for having heat issues and eventually crap out.

Link to the computer fan I use. It's the perfect size for the gateway to sit on.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G05A2MU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 8:45:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By mlillyballin:
The first t Mobile gateway I received always needed to be rebooted a few times a week and eventually got to where it completely stopped working. I am currently on my 2nd gateway and have it sitting on a computer fan. So far its been 3 months and I haven't had any issues and rarely have to reboot it.  

Link to the computer fan I use. It's the perfect size for the gateway to sit on.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G05A2MU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View Quote

There is some heat put out. Might get me a fan and use.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:11:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanPeople] [#40]

View Quote

I just checked the bottom of my gateway and yes there are air vents so I just ordered one.   Thanks.

T-Mobile download speed ~317 Mbps a few minutes ago.  For many years I was on DSL and was lucky to get 6 Mbps.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:17:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By AmericanPeople:
Starlink apparently has a limit on customers in a given cell (area).  If your cell is full, you may have to wait until  more satellites are launched or capacity of new satellites improves.

If a new cell/area is opened up for service in another country, certainly someone can get their dish before you.
View Quote

Except they blamed silicon shortages, not full cells.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:50:12 PM EDT
[#42]
I ordered last February.  My account page says they expect to expand service in my area in February 2022.  I want to believe.  I've heard through the grapevine that some people in the area already have it and love it.  I wonder how they got there's before me.  When I had tried to sign up earlier, it wouldn't even let me.  Bastards.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:37:16 PM EDT
[#43]
I live in N.E. Ohio and put in for a slot around this time last year.
I'm happy with my 160Mbs + cable so it was just to see how long the wait was.
I was notified in April that it was available in my area.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:57:04 PM EDT
[#44]
I've been pushed back to 'mid-2022'.  

Picked up a Verizon wifi hotspot thingy.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 3:08:58 PM EDT
[#45]
I ordered the T-Mobile Home Internet package.

It has to better than the 4G SIM reseller setup I've been using, that was only marginally better than Hughes Net.

Maybe Musk will eventually decide to be neighborly and I can do a side by side comparison.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 3:10:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By RyanEsstac:

Which that launch should have had the newer satellites with the laser coms too.

I just uploaded 300mb of video to telegram in 10 seconds. Pretty awesome 😍
View Quote

I have hughesnet sattelite webz, last night my downloads hit a peak of 48 kb/s.  Pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 3:11:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Imzadi:

Except they blamed silicon shortages, not full cells.
View Quote

People can lie or not tell the whole truth.  I don't know the reason but if silicon shortages are the problem, why are people in other countries getting the antenna system?
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 3:26:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Badlatitude:

We are still tagged for mid to late 2021 in Western VT 🤞
View Quote

We got bumped to "mid 2022" 😐
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 3:29:49 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

Same fan I bought for mine but I set it on top and let it pull air through.  I also bought a little USB adapter so I can plug it directly into the gateway.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 3:30:42 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

We are still tagged for mid to late 2021 in Western VT 🤞

I'm a late 2022 in NW NH about a half mile from the VT border.
Page / 82
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top