Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 128
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 5:48:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the "homemade bullet" thing was just a weak toss out to advance the plot in a direction the writers wanted it to go.

My guess is that during writing they asked an armorer if he could tell if a fired casing was from a reload or not, and the armorer probably said "yes, possibly, but..." and they cut him off there and just went with it.

They needed Negan to find out Newgene could reload ammo, and they got there. And we are the only ones who knew how clumsy it was... just like all the other firearm related faux pas the show has. The ski bum notices the skis are wrong, everyone else says "wow look at that golden retriever ski!"
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Just one big sucky season with no hope the second half will be better.
The only redeeming feature of the last episode was Spencer got gutted, and the land whale wont be around to skim food to expand her fat ass.
So many major chararacters to arc and the feature the red shirt nobodies.
A pox on the writers who should eat a big bag of shit and die.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 5:53:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I think Daryl may cross paths with Dwight, and arrange an internal rebellion at the Sanctuary. I'd think the worker bees would be fed up with bowing down to Negan and getting their faces ironed. Between the 4 communities and a coup, the Saviors would have a real fight.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 6:11:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Powelligator:
I’m thinking about the Oceanside throwaway episode, and I think we’ll see them again.  Tara has made the vow never to speak of the Oceanside Lesbos, and that’s understandable.  But up to this point Tara has only been told of Negan’s brutality, but has never actually witnessed it for herself.  In last night’s episode she has, and there was more than one camera shot of her face as she witnessed the gutting and her friend’s being shot in the head.  The game has changed for Tara and I suspect that she will at some point arrange a transfer of assets from the beach babes to Force 10 From Alexandria.

At this point Carol and Morgan still don’t know the fate of Gene and Abe, nor are they aware of the current living arrangements in Alexandria.  With Jesus mentioning the Kingdom at the end of last night’s episode, they’ll both find out soon enough.  Maybe Carol will stay put in Casa Smoking Chimney (talk about broadcasting your position) but I suspect that Morgan will rejoin the attack force, if for no other reason than to counter the guy in the vest’s (I forget his name) Kill Negan Now strategy.  You know that the vest dude is going to be all in favor of the upcoming war, so the group will have one more worthy fighter - I’m actually hoping he doesn’t do something stupid on his own before joining up with Rick & Crew.

I have a feeling that by the end of the full season when the dust settles from the war Negan is still going to be alive, and I’m thinking that Morgan (with a possible assist from Carol) will be the ones to take him into custody and throw his ass into Morgan’s Alexandria Detention Facility.  Possibly Negen will be held alive as some sort of bargaining chip to be used with whomever assumes the role of head of the Saviors.

I still don’t know who Funky Boots is that we see at the pond and later outside the gates of Alexandria.
View Quote

Boots could be from Oceanside - this would let Tara out of her vow if they came looking to make a deal.
Or Oceanside could capture the still missing Heath somewhere on the road, then come back that way too.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 7:11:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By shocktrp:

Or Oceanside could capture the still missing Heath somewhere on the road, then come back that way too.
View Quote

I like that guess.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:15:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, they did put Heath back in Schrodinger's box again didn't they?
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:15:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doc_Zox] [#7]
whats funny from a gunny standpoint was the precious brass case for rositas round was picked up by Eugene

it was a deagle 357 casing that Negan fired

rosita shot negan with a 9 mm beretta
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:22:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Another family wiped out by Rick.

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:24:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:28:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By JsARCLIGHT:

I think its that little wooden statue they had last season when Daryl met Dwight and the girls in the burned forest.

The statue being in that room was supposed to be an indicator that that was Dwight's room.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CannonBallz:
Quick question: what was the statue or piece of art or whatever it was that Darrell stopped cold in his tracks and stared at in that room while he was changing clothes during his escape? I didn't get that at all.

I think its that little wooden statue they had last season when Daryl met Dwight and the girls in the burned forest.

The statue being in that room was supposed to be an indicator that that was Dwight's room.
And Dwight was conveniently not "home" when Daryl popped in. Maybe because Dwight is the one that slipped him the key, and is the one following Rick and watching Alexandria. When he makes his proposal to Rick to get rid of Negal he will reveal he slipped the note and key under Daryl's door to establish cred. 
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:30:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:35:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Whoever mentioned a possible rebellion formed inside the Saviors by Dwight due to some intervening by Daryl may be onto something. I feel like they gave enough insight into Dwight's shitty life that Daryl wouldn't simply off him if he had a choice. He sees that Neegan has taken a lot from him along with a lot of other Saviors. A rebellion wouldn't be too hard to pull off once everyone is pissed enough. 

But then again with Neegan in charge they're all eating, they're all getting meds/supplies/ammo/guns. They may be terrified at what change may bring. No one would simply hand their shit over, they'd have to make their own way. 
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:40:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shocktrp] [#13]
View Quote

Heath was under the sand truck on the bridge the whole time...
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:41:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By doc_Zox:
whats funny from a gunny standpoint was the precious brass case for rositas round was picked up by Eugene

it was a deagle 357 casing that Negan fired

rosita shot negan with a 9 mm beretta
View Quote

What's funnier is that they could only find a single piece of brass after all the shooting that has been going on around ASZ...
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:43:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Loki41872:
And Dwight was conveniently not "home" when Daryl popped in. Maybe because Dwight is the one that slipped him the key, and is the one following Rick and watching Alexandria. When he makes his proposal to Rick to get rid of Negal he will reveal he slipped the note and key under Daryl's door to establish cred. 
View Quote

Wight was probably in the room with everyone else eating.
Either that, or maybe he had something else to do.

It looked like a girl's handwriting on the note.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 9:03:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Rustynutzz:
Who was the boot guy at the lake?
View Quote

My guess
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 9:07:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By FOX184:
I wonder what that note really means......grenade?
View Quote

Poisoned food?
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 9:23:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Loki41872:
There are 5 possibilities as to who "Boots" is. 

1. A scout from oceanside that followed Tara back. Unlikely, however. Tara arrived back at Alexandria while Rick and Aaron were on their run, didn't know where they were, but Boots was at the lake. Thus it's more likely Boots followed Rick and Aaron back to Alexandria.

2. A Savior "minder", assigned to watch Alexandria, Rick especially, and make sure they are doing their job and not planning anything. He (or she) will be reporting back to Negan that Rick and the core group left Alexandria for some reason. 

3. Dwight. Watching Rick for the right time to tell him he wants to help get rid of Negan

4. An unknown character, maybe a survivalist type who has spent the last 2 years hoarding guns, ammo and food. Watching all parties and trying to decide who to join up with. 

5. Early intoduction of the next group of antagonists. Saw Rick and Aaron at the lake just by chance (or followed all the noise they were making), followed them to Alexandria, and will go back and report, setting up the next conflict next season. 
View Quote

Rick and Arron had a vehicle.  Boots was walking?  How would Boots keep up?
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:15:43 PM EDT
[#19]

They're "remixing" the events of the comics subtlety so far so it is hard to think of which big event they are going to use as the main season finale next year. I have my guesses, but they are probably wrong.

My money is on most of the second half of the season revolving around the four groups coming together (Alexandria, Hilltop, Kingdom and Oceanside), with at least two nonsense digression episodes focusing on who knows what... most likely an entire episode on Morgan and Carol getting back on board, a whole episode with Maggie dealing with Gregory, a whole episode of Tara spilling the beans and dealing with Oceanside, and a whole episode of Newgene blubbering in Sanctuary talking with Dwight or Sherry. Right there those are 4 episodes out of 8, half the season.
View Quote
Don't forget a whole episode to show what happened to Heath
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:37:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By SatelliteMan:

Poisoned food?
View Quote

The guy was out of ammo if you don't include the 2 grenades on the table so i'm assuming that was what the note meant.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:39:19 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Same way Jesus and Carl got to the saviors, jump in the back.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:51:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By 2StampBob:

The guy was out of ammo if you don't include the 2 grenades on the table so i'm assuming that was what the note meant.
View Quote

Oh, that could work. Negan took it all which would spare Rick & co. How about a big ol dose of schadenfreude?
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:51:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By 2StampBob:

Same way Jesus and Carl got to the saviors, jump in the back.
View Quote

He took a shortcut!
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:07:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Poisoned food?
View Quote

Could be, there must be some significance besides Aaron getting his ass kicked because of it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:30:34 PM EDT
[#25]

Poisoned food?
View All Quotes

Poisoned food?

Could be. I was guessing that he might have booby trapped the guns, maybe plugged the barrels. Sure the average arfcommer would inspect the guns and test them before use, but the average person in TWD wouldn't. On the other hand, Negan can spot a reload by looking at a spent casing and catch bullets with his bat, so who knows what else he's capable of.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 12:05:32 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Especially since he had to stop to pick up all the guns & grenades Rick hid on the way back...
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 12:19:28 AM EDT
[#27]

Poisoned food?
View All Quotes

Poisoned food?

That would be AWESOME!

Rick and the gang rallies with the other communities, they form up to assault the Saviors, and when they get there, they find the place overrun by food-poisoned assholes fighting off other Saviors who've died and turned. Inadvertent Trojan horse. 
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 2:17:07 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

He is still driving back with the RV.

He failed to locate the wormhole that Tara found.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 2:28:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Few things I didn't like about the episode:
  • Don't think a cheek-shot would kill someone DRT
  • Beretta Michonne had did not have a TB
  • 1911, Springfield? during the whole pool table scene did not have the hammer cocked
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 2:34:03 AM EDT
[#30]
michonne gave rick the morpheus speech.

also, did anyone else think the hilltop music strongly resembled the inception theme?

Hans Zimmer - Time (Inception)

Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:08:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Federov:

Buddies with Daryl.  Daryl gets caught.  Daryl escapes.   All happy now.   Not a thought in the world Negan would be down at Alexandria the next fucking morning torching houses and making a tetherbaby in the playground.

View Quote

Oh yeah...Daryl did make it to Alexandria...but sadly, he died.  We buried him next to Maggie
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:18:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Rosita, who made this bullet for you?

I have no idea.  It was in the gun I found on a Walker out in the woods.

Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:19:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Sorry but at this point Negan is my favorite character.

Link Posted: 12/13/2016 10:32:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By FreeFloater:
Rosita, who made this bullet for you?

I have no idea.  It was in the gun I found on a Walker out in the woods.

http://37.media.tumblr.com/c0935a4ed5f1dc03d2ce7b7dd841f8b9/tumblr_n3f2c0AGWF1so18vqo1_500.gif
View Quote

"I. Don't. Believe you."  -Negan

Everyone breaks. Especially the one who thinks they can't be broken. They usually break first.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 11:34:25 AM EDT
[#35]
The numbers came out and for the first time ever the mid season finale of Walking Dead was FLAT, putting up a 10.58. While that is technically up 0.1, the industry still sees that as a hold. And a hold on a mid season finale episode is way off the reservation.

So with this data in hand, CannonBallz is now justified in saying that the show is officially off mark and has broken its historic "W" patterns.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 11:54:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Everyone breaks. Especially the one who thinks they can't be broken. They usually break first.
View Quote

Close. Negan is all about the emphasis.

[Negan] I. Do. Not. BeLIEVE. You. [/Negan]
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 11:59:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By TNC:

View Quote

And you need that backwards dipping rock-on-the-heels motion during the emphasis.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 1:16:05 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Haha, right.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 1:50:49 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

This is one aspect of the show that's been driving me crazy for years, the way some characters can cover massive amounts of ground on foot in a short amount of time.

I just look at it like this - I can suspend belief to a point because come on - zombies can't really walk and hear and smell.  So I also have suspended my belief that walking takes time in their world.  Or maybe the main characters can flap their arms and fly, they just don't do so on camera because the special effects budget would not cover the flight sequences.  Or there might be so many leftover automobiles with fuel in them and keys that one just jumps into any fully working car off camera.  :)
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 2:00:50 PM EDT
[#40]

This is one aspect of the show that's been driving me crazy for years, the way some characters can cover massive amounts of ground on foot in a short amount of time.

I just look at it like this - I can suspend belief to a point because come on - zombies can't really walk and hear and smell.  So I also have suspended my belief that walking takes time in their world.  Or maybe the main characters can flap their arms and fly, they just don't do so on camera because the special effects budget would not cover the flight sequences.  Or there might be so many leftover automobiles with fuel in them and keys that one just jumps into any fully working car off camera.  :)
View Quote

I just pay attention to the information they are trying to convey. I don't care what happens behind the scenes
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 2:08:05 PM EDT
[#41]
If there is ever a zombie apocalypse and arfcom isn't rolling in a brand new uparmored diesel 4x4 pickups scavenging peanut oil from fast food restaurants I will be very disappointed.

That and every wall should have started with dumpsters and finally the garbage truck used to build it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 2:18:18 PM EDT
[#42]
In every trip outside the wire the characters should be in 4x4 Pickups with 8' beds, not passenger cars as we frequently see.  That way if you see something potentially useful and you're in a hurry, you stop, throw it in the bed and carry on.

But...  It's just a TV show...
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 2:26:07 PM EDT
[#43]

Could be, there must be some significance besides Aaron getting his ass kicked because of it.
View All Quotes

Poisoned food?

Maybe the WD writer lurkers on this thread picked up on my "radiation dummies!" idea.   You know, go to a hospital (we've seen several), and un-ass one of the medical radiation sources.   Put on your lead umbrella, grind that shit up and put it in the Saviors' food.   
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 3:05:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By AgeOne:
Im still wondering if a bullet will go through a bat..

Needs a box of truth test.
View Quote

Email Mythbusters with the idea!
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 3:11:11 PM EDT
[#45]
The numbers came out and for the first time ever the mid season finale of Walking Dead was FLAT, putting up a 10.58. While that is technically up 0.1, the industry still sees that as a hold. And a hold on a mid season finale episode is way off the reservation.

So with this data in hand, CannonBallz is now justified in saying that the show is officially off mark and has broken its historic "W" patterns.
View Quote

Please don't get him started again.
I like the "new" Cannonball who adds to the conversation about the show instead of taunting thread members about its demise.

Link Posted: 12/13/2016 3:15:53 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Maybe Boots had a car or motorcycle and followed them from the houseboat. Maybe he/she just parked at distance and snuck in close.
It's easy to overthink this show.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 3:16:43 PM EDT
[#47]
I think the "homemade bullet" thing was just a weak toss out to advance the plot in a direction the writers wanted it to go.

My guess is that during writing they asked an armorer if he could tell if a fired casing was from a reload or not, and the armorer probably said "yes, possibly, but..." and they cut him off there and just went with it.

They needed Negan to find out Newgene could reload ammo, and they got there. And we are the only ones who knew how clumsy it was... just like all the other firearm related faux pas the show has. The ski bum notices the skis are wrong, everyone else says "wow look at that golden retriever ski!"
View Quote

Just like Veronica Sawyer couldn't tell the difference between German ich luge bullets and ordinary 9mm's (poor Ram), most people aren't gun geeks.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 3:35:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Nailcrusher:

Please don't get him started again.
I like the "new" Cannonball who adds to the conversation about the show instead of taunting thread members about its demise.
View Quote

Not my intent... my intent is simply to be the bigger man and admit that we now have good solid proof that the show has stumbled.

The show is nowhere near dead, nor is it in any sort of death spiral... but it HAS broken 5 seasons of historical patterning. Ratings are not so much about numbers as they are about patterns... and a shift in the pattern is more important than a show shedding viewers. The pattern tells me that the honeymoon is over and the show's ability to draw non-repeat viewers is probably damaged. It still is pulling over ten million repeat viewers over three weeks, which still makes it a very strong show with a huge draw... but it does not bode well for "growth" of the brand.

But the last three episodes, all being holds, also show that the show may have boiled down to the hard floor. Ten million may be the dedicated fanbase, and if they can continue to hold a ten million viewer repeat fanbase that is enough to keep the show going until they decide to put it out to pasture.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 3:59:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:52:39 PM EDT
[#50]
In every trip outside the wire the characters should be in 4x4 Pickups with 8' beds, not passenger cars as we frequently see.  That way if you see something potentially useful and you're in a hurry, you stop, throw it in the bed and carry on.

But...  It's just a TV show...
View Quote

What? You wouldn't prefer a Kia hatchback??? They got a great warranty!
Page / 128
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top