Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 10:59:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

the treasure is the advertising

it's perpetual
View Quote

Nowadays - yup.  And the new spinoff shows.

Ka-ching!
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 11:23:59 PM EDT
[#2]
If they had found something the beginning of season one you think they would have disclosed it or finished the season? Same for this season, there is no reason to find anything as long as the show is popular. Too often they seem to abandon interesting things.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 12:44:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If there actually is anything of historical significance that hasn't been ruined, yet, it'll be destroyed by the methods they're using, which seem highly destructive, especially what's being proposed as an alternative to a "big dig".
View Quote

I agree. Drilling through any vault has introduced seawater into it and destroyed anything like books or documents. I don't think anyone that has dug there has been interested in historical preservation, they want treasure/money.  

They have drilled so many holes in the area where the "Chappell Vault" is supposed to be located it would look like Swiss cheese right now.

This weeks episode
4 "fellowships"
0 "boots on the ground"
Multiple phone calls stopping the work to give an update.

The archeologists were the only ones that seem to know what they are doing on the tar pit site.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 4:49:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Multiple phone calls stopping what the work to give an update.
View Quote

When Gary found the Chinese coin, said they need to go call the brothers, then wouldn't tell them what he'd found, was a huge waste of time for involved (including us).
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

When Gary found the Chinese coin, said they need to go call the brothers, then wouldn't tell them what he'd found, was a huge waste of time for involved (including us).
View Quote

If i were those folks I would have been pissed he made everyone wait for such bullshit.
Gary needs to go.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 5:25:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If i were those folks I would have been pissed he made everyone wait for such bullshit.
Gary needs to go.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gary needs to go.

The previews for the other show has Gary getting sent somewhere out west.  I wonder if that was his reward for jacking them around?
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 2:06:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Ah shit. Forgot to bump for tonight’s new episode. Couldn’t watch cause storms knocked out our power.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 2:24:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Tonight on Oak Island - they find ox shoes !
Take them to blacksmith expert.
He says - maybe early 1700s British maybe military, possibly indication of activity over weeks or a few months
Suddenly, they make connection jumps to 1600s, there was a major British Military operation going over months to years, where they were blazing trails from the swamp to the Money Pit and over the tar kiln tunnel entrance ! I was waiting for the Templar Knights connection to be made.

What is Doug's purpose in life? He never does anything, just stands around and watches and makes speculations, as though he is some giant fanboy.

0 "Boots on the Ground"
0 Fellowships

I was disappointed.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 5:22:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What is Doug's purpose in life? He never does anything, just stands around and watches and makes speculations, as though he is some giant fanboy.

View Quote

I have this question with regards to a few people.
I suspect leaches just waiting for a treasure to be found.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 6:03:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Tonight on Oak Island - they find ox shoes !
Take them to blacksmith expert.
He says - maybe early 1700s British maybe military, possibly indication of activity over weeks or a few months
Suddenly, they make connection jumps to 1600s, there was a major British Military operation going over months to years, where they were blazing trails from the swamp to the Money Pit and over the tar kiln tunnel entrance ! I was waiting for the Templar Knights connection to be made.

0 "Boots on the Ground"
0 Fellowships

I was disappointed.
View Quote

"Perhaps its presence here has a simple explanation. However....."

Link Posted: 11/25/2020 6:15:05 AM EDT
[#11]
I do have to admit that "Piledriving Manager" IS one of the cooler job titles that I've heard recently.

Link Posted: 11/25/2020 1:03:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I do have to admit that "Piledriving Manager" IS one of the cooler job titles that I've heard recently.

View Quote

Irving Equipment and ROC must love these guys.
They spend millions every summer.

Besides, the show definitely needs more Vanessa.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 1:44:58 AM EDT
[#13]
The big thing I got out of this weeks episode was that they bought out the Blankenship families interests. I hadn't even noticed that the son was missing this year.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 2:11:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The big thing I got out of this weeks episode was that they bought out the Blankenship families interests. I hadn't even noticed that the son was missing this year.
View Quote
This weeks episode sucked
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 5:07:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Noticed the same thing.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 10:24:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Now Versailles, and solomons temple are in the mix.

And overlay a menorah and pentagram.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 7:20:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

What!!! No comment about the big rock they found???
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 9:52:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A rock? Three hundred years ago, on an island in Nova Scotia, it's believed that someone moved a rock. Could it have been to hide treasure?  
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 10:10:27 PM EDT
[#19]
They found more rocks!  

Personal connection though,  my wife used to work with the blond haired GIS lady they have on the teleconference.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 10:49:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They found more rocks!  

Personal connection though,  my wife used to work with the blond haired GIS lady they have on the teleconference.
View Quote

Ask your wife how many cats blondie has.

Link Posted: 12/9/2020 2:39:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
They found more rocks!  

View Quote

You should have put a spoiler alert on that! I was never suspecting they would find more ancient rocks or pieces of wood then speculate; could it be, somehow connected to the Templars.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 11:40:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They found more rocks!  

She's the nut and this season is the turd.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 11:46:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sometimes it takes crazy to find a crazy huge treasure.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 12:15:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The claimed to hit a vault with the caisson many seasons ago they finally mentioned it again this season. It's been the best lead and they abandoned it for years to hear about anchor stones that couldn't keep a fishing boat from floating away.
Anchor stone laughs at theory

Link Posted: 12/9/2020 8:11:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
They will find what the producers have scattered around.
View Quote

A few rusty nails and a Pepsi bottle.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 4:19:19 AM EDT
[#26]
This Erin chick annoys the life out of me. Possibly even worse than Gary.

"And if you take a straight edge and connect the points of the cross, you get a diamond!" No shit, huh?

"And then if you take a map of an arbitrary scale, it sort of, kind of matches somewhere near a few of the hundreds of "significant" points on the island that we've found!"

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 4:30:24 AM EDT
[#27]
I could have sworn I watched it on Netflix last season. I'm not paying to watch it
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 4:51:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Is the stepson still wearing the green Under Armour shirt every episode? Is Marty stilI ruminating over whether to spend more money there or have they dropped that act? I believe they did prove that people came over before Columbus.

I quit watching it when they started having those 2 hour episodes telling us what we already saw in earlier episodes sprinkled throughout the season. It got too confusing.

The Narrator is really good, same company that makes Ancient Aliens I believe.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 6:45:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This Erin chick annoys the life out of me. Possibly even worse than Gary.

"And if you take a straight edge and connect the points of the cross, you get a diamond!" No shit, huh?

"And then if you take a map of an arbitrary scale, it sort of, kind of matches somewhere near a few of the hundreds of "significant" points on the island that we've found!"

View Quote

I agree, but she has interesting theories.
Not sure if she is applying some method to generate the data or simply making the data fit what is already there.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 9:21:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Evidence of voter fraud.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:14:21 PM EDT
[#31]
In tonight's episode:

They casually mention in passing that Erin's theory, which they spent two episodes hyping, was checked and found to be complete bullshit, and

Jack Begley makes everyone uncomfortable by going on at great length about how much everyone wants "a straight shaft."

Oh yeah, and they find a 1919 British coin in The Swamp, presumably dropped by Time Traveling Templars.

Link Posted: 1/6/2021 10:54:20 AM EDT
[#32]
But they found more rocks. Rocks from the 1700s!
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 6:54:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

True, but the archaeologist chick is pretty hot
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 7:09:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Yeah, not bad, but I think that Erin chick is hotter. For me, smaller/thinner = hotter.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 7:27:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yeah, not bad, but I think that Erin chick is hotter. For me, smaller/thinner = hotter.
View Quote

You must like sticking your artifact in crazy.  She's CRAZY....she wanted to cut somebody when they called her on the phone and told her there was not tunnel at her protractor theory points.  You could hear it in her voice.  Her cat got a no no lesson after that call.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 7:52:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
You must like sticking your artifact in crazy.  She's CRAZY....she wanted to cut somebody when they called her on the phone and told her there was not tunnel at her protractor theory points.  You could hear it in her voice.  Her cat got a no no lesson after that call.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hot, not has a wonderful personality. Totally different topic.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 8:12:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

a ROCK.......from the SEVENTEEN HUNDREDS!?.......could THIS mean that the knights Templar were there with the the arc of the covenant, BEFORE the first known documentation of the money pit?  

I hope you all DVR this show, it only takes about 11-13 minutes to cover all new material
I think I do more skipping through on this show than even battlebots

When's the show with the crazy ranch and the guy name Tiger or whatever coming back?
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 8:17:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I hope you all DVR this show, it only takes about 11-13 minutes to cover all new material
View Quote

Yep, I almost always watch it on Wednesday.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 8:51:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Would have to see side by side to determine.

still like archaeologist chick better but thats just my opinion man....
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 9:03:06 PM EDT
[#40]

Not much available on either of them through Google Images, but it's Erin Helton and Miriam Amirault.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:35:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Wow this season is garbage
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 3:12:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Would have to see side by side to determine.

still like archaeologist chick better but thats just my opinion man....
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 3:22:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

a ROCK.......from the SEVENTEEN HUNDREDS!?.......could THIS mean that the knights Templar were there with the the arc of the covenant, BEFORE the first known documentation of the money pit?  

I think I do more skipping through on this show than even battlebots

When's the show with the crazy ranch and the guy name Tiger or whatever coming back?
View Quote

I liked how they spun "sometime after 1730" to be "early 1700s", even after finding a 1919 coin.

I don't think Skinwalker Ranch is coming back. It was too dumb, even by History Channel standards. Now we have Blind Frog Ranch instead, with the crazy locals providing color commentary.

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 7:40:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Sorta wishing Gary would be the seventh person to die and they find the treasure.
The guy gets so excited and gets everyone's hope up by the most insignificant stuff he finds.
It has already been well established there were people on the island so finding artifacts that can commonly be found on other sites isn't a big deal.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 7:54:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Sorta wishing Gary would be the seventh person to die and they find the treasure.
The guy gets so excited and gets everyone's hope up by the most insignificant stuff he finds.
It has already been well established there were people on the island so finding artifacts that can commonly be found on other sites isn't a big deal.
View Quote

I've been saying that for a while, although Jack "Shovel Bitch" Begley is also a strong contender.

Of course, Gary's T-Shirt ready catch phrases along with referring to him as "Metal Detection Expert Gary Drayton" each and every time we see him puts him soundly in the lead.

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 11:17:15 AM EDT
[#46]
This season isn't worthy of any t.v. time.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:25:33 PM EDT
[#47]
1/12/21 bump.  new episode in about half an hour.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:36:55 PM EDT
[#48]
My mom has been binge watching the past seasons while having stay off her leg due to an injury. She is also shopping for a metal detector....lol
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:56:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Set up to record and will be watching it in the morning while on the treadmill.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:01:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Nancy Pelosi's prayer rug. Who cares. Who in the holy hell watches that shit show
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top