Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2024 5:37:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: redfish86]
Ordered an item on 8/16

According to UPS, it was out for delivery last Thursday.

By the end of the day Thursday, the tracking information was changed to “The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible”

I emailed the vendor.  Their response was “Per our policies, once it leaves the warehouse it is now in the care of the carrier…”. The vendor goes on to copy and paste the UPS update I posted above

What do y’all think?

Update 9/11/24:  I emailed vendor a couple of weeks ago but received no response. UPS tracking still shows the same message as above. AMEX did a charge back for me.

It’s disappointing, I had successfully ordered from these folks before (higher value guns, not just parts and pieces).
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:39:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I would tell the vendor, per customer policy.  If it doesn't show up by next months bill....I'm doing a charge back.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:46:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:49:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By osprey21:
Happened to me a few weeks ago - the "lost" package is most likely in UPS' Overgoods warehouse in Kansas.
View Quote

The tracking progression actually showed it getting to FWB, then on truck for delivery.

Now, crickets…
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:49:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Um yeah it's on the vendor.  Only the shipper can do anything with UPS.  I'd give I some more time and if it doesn't show up give the vendor one more shot then chargeback time.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:52:21 PM EDT
[#5]
You offered for sale this thing for this amount and I agreed with and accepted your offer.

You excepted payment in the form of my credit card as documented here.

You have failed to meet your part of the contract.

My damages are this and could grow so time is of the essence.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:53:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By osprey21:
Happened to me a few weeks ago - the "lost" package is most likely in UPS' Overgoods warehouse in Kansas.
View Quote

Need me to go take a look?
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:55:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Give it a day or so, everyone sucks these days.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:55:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nu3gawhat] [#8]
It's possible it'll still show up it hasn't been that long yet, but it's on the shipper to make it right.

They contract with the shipping company, and any claims are between them. Not you.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:57:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I dropped off a package at USPS on 8/19.  It did not get scanned until 8/22.  Ebay sale and buyer was pissed thinking I created a label and sat on it.  Went to USPS 2 days in a row and they said they're sure it's here and they'll get to it....
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:58:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By redfish86:

I emailed the vendor.  Their response was “Per our policies, once it leaves the warehouse it is now in the care of the carrier…”. The vendor goes on to copy and paste the UPS update I posted above

What do y’all think?

View Quote

If that is all the vendor stated, I would not be too pleased. And would be the last time I bought anything from them.

I would wait the timeframe in which UPS states is required to initiate a lost package claim. After that, have the vendor file the claim and request a refund.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:02:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: flyhack72] [#11]
I bought some smoke detectors on around June 3rd.

They were supposed to take 3-4 days to get to our second home.

I followed the tracking, and they seemed to be stuck at Stone Mountain with some weird info.

After a week, it was still there.  I figured the package got lost.

We contacted the company and they sent us a new package which arrived in 3 days.

We came back home and moved on with our lives.

Last week our caretaker of the second home said a package arrived—2.5 months later.  It was the initial package.

I say once it’s a week beyond the scheduled arrival date and ask for a refund or send a new item.  If they don’t, cancel the charge on your card.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:04:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Triplelocked:

Need me to go take a look?
View Quote

I’ll drive, let’s go.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:07:25 PM EDT
[#13]
It happens and will just randomly show up soon enough, at least before the shipping info gets updated.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:22:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I had a package for something I ordered coming from Georgia to Indiana.  It got sent to Puerto Rico via USPS, where it seemed to stay for a while.  I took the tracking info to the local PO and asked them if that was normal.  

She said definitely not, but suggested I give it a few more days.  It arrived eventually.  Package was beat up but the contents were ok.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:30:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Smokehouse_83] [#15]
I have one shipped with fedex sitting 30 miles away that says there is some special exemption and I’ll be notified once it starts moving again. Probably either lost or the box got destroyed. It’s climbing sticks for a deer stand so I can see the box being destroyed.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:59:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:05:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I guess I’ll give it a week or so and see what happens.

I mean, it hasn’t been THAT long since I ordered it after all.  I remember ordering BMX parts COD from Rockville.  . Shit took forever to show up!
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:09:47 PM EDT
[#18]
I have 2 bottles of New Riff 8-year-old bourbon sitting with UPS in Yonkers since 8/19.
There's probably some UPS worker kicking back at home sipping my whiskey right now.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:16:17 PM EDT
[#19]
It happens here all the time.   I had a package that was "out for delivery" show it was rerouted to the West Coast.  It took over a month to arrive
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:25:36 PM EDT
[#20]
cc chargeback.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:46:05 AM EDT
[#21]
I supposedly have a package somewhere.  The seller claims to have shipped via USPS on 7/31 but has refused to provide the tracking number.  Now threatens to 'make me look silly' if I file any claims regarding it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:17:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Ordered an item on 8/16

By the end of the day Thursday, the tracking information was changed to “The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible”

What do y’all think?

View Quote

You need to make sure your shipping address is correct.
I ordered a Walther presentation case off GB, silly me, my default address there is a PO Box.
Vendor shipped it out UPS.
I tracked it, it was at the local depot, got the same info you did, "Item out for delivery", then, "A shipping date will be provided when possible", something like that.
Turns out, the vendor just cut and pasted my listed mailing address, the PO box, sent it out, UPS probably had tons of packages from them , didn't pay any attention to it, it wasn't until the delivery driver got that one, saw the PO Box address on it, he took it back to the depot for either the vendor or me to contact.
I got in touch with the vendor, BUT, the one person that could take care of it was off for a week.
I tried to change the delivery address with UPS, but because the vendor I bought it from was an FFL, all their shipments are only able to be changed in the UPS network by them, guess it's a default, probably something to cover UPS's rear, because most of their items are guns.
Long story short, I had to pay for shipping again, as by the time the ONE person that could fix it got back, UPS had already shipped it back to them.
It wasn't the vendors fault, mostly mine, so I couldn't bitch about it.
If your shipping address isn't a street address, or is a new address, UPS, or FedEx might not either have it in their network, or they don't have it set as a valid delivery point.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:23:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By wvfarrier:
It happens here all the time.   I had a package that was "out for delivery" show it was rerouted to the West Coast.  It took over a month to arrive
View Quote

Mine ended up in AK then back down here a few days later.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:28:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By MarkHatfield:
I supposedly have a package somewhere.  The seller claims to have shipped via USPS on 7/31 but has refused to provide the tracking number.  Now threatens to 'make me look silly' if I file any claims regarding it.
View Quote

Yeah, F him.
Serious, you bought it, deal isn't done until you receive it, and if he claims to have shipped it, he needs to provide proof as you have not received it.
If he claims, "oops, they lost it, sucks for you", remind him the deal was between he and you, HE contracted with the shipper as a third party to deliver item to YOU.
If his contractor/the shipper, lost it, sucks to be him, because you didn't receive it, and your deal was with him.
I hate MFs like that.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:26:55 AM EDT
[#25]
UPS and some Amazon delivery agents can be completely useless.

I had one claim to have delivered a shipment with the note "placed in box". But there is no "box" at the delivery address. It is a business with staff at a counter. UPS customer service would not back down from insisting that it was delivered even though their agent's claim was not possible unless it was delivered to the wrong address.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 4:08:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Funny running across this topic.  UPS has been totally f’ed for me the last couple months, normally is ok.
I have five packages that arrived in my town and were processed on Saturday at the local center, and it’s saying they will not arrive until the end of the week.  Worst of all, I upgraded one package to a higher service (for $8) and it actually pushed the date BACK two days… from the same shipper!  So I guess they are going to separate and exert extra effort to ensure the package I paid extra for is held back two days, and deliver the others sometime Friday or Saturday (a week after they arrived at the final local distribution center).  There be some fuckery afoot.  I guess they are just going to store my packages for a week and then put them on a truck.  I would think that costs them more money, but what do I know, I’m no MBA.  Of course there is no way to reach a human by calling, just recursive AI hell.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 5:45:35 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Oh I'd file a claim on it simply because they said that.

Make you look silly? WTF does that even mean. Are they going to draw funny things on your face or make you dress in silly clothing?
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 5:50:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cwm1150] [#28]
Waiting on a magpul bipod I ordered about 9 days ago. I live about 30 miles from vendor. Been in transit for 6 days now and no updates
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 6:01:59 AM EDT
[#29]
seems these days tracking  can show a package has traveled to Timbuktu, taking a left at Albuquerque, sitting in one location a week,  then showing up at your door.  Then sometimes it's never delivered. After two weeks it's pretty much lost.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 6:38:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: redfish86] [#30]
Address is correct.  I have packages delivered to my office as there is always someone there to sign. Our UPS guy is solid. (I guess he could have been on vacation last week, not sure.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 7:12:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Ordered an item on 8/16

View Quote

Had this happen a number of times before. It was delivered the next day. Driver just couldn't make it on schedule for some reason.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 7:24:27 AM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

And you filed a claim, right?
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 7:27:58 AM EDT
[#33]
FOB your location
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 7:31:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By walther1978:
I dropped off a package at USPS on 8/19.  It did not get scanned until 8/22.  Ebay sale and buyer was pissed thinking I created a label and sat on it.  Went to USPS 2 days in a row and they said they're sure it's here and they'll get to it....
View Quote

The receive end of USPS is equally idiotic here.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 7:32:06 AM EDT
[#35]
I have had this happen and the package arrived the next day to two. She says the people scanning the packages don't always do their job.

Last year she had a package not show up and got another one. The original eventually showed up and she called the company to return it. They told her to keep it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 11:10:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Updated in OP.

No more Arms Unlimited for me.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 11:27:56 AM EDT
[#37]
We must have a member that works for UPS that can give us the inside scoop.

Imagine when it gets scanned on to the delivery truck the status changes to ‘out for delivery’.  How does that package then end up at a different sorting facility?

Get scanned onto wrong truck in the first place?  Driver didn’t make the delivery for some reason and truck gets relocated?  How does a drivers route that day get planned?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top