Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Eagle34:

Prayers out, take care of yourself man.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GSL:
Well I now know what's wrong with me. Wife read the riot act so off we went to the emergency room. The fevers I had been getting from the tonsil acting up had caused pleurisy. The X-Ray's showed that there was a piece of jacket between where the fluid built up was and the ribs. While coughing from the the cold the jacket and the outer lung layer were rubbing so hard and pushing outwards that it cracked a rib. No wonder I blacked out while shooting

Got a few shots, some meds and prescriptions made to pick up later this morning when they open up at 0800. I have surgery on the 16th in Phoenix to remove that jacket fragment.

Saintmark, another arfcomer but rarely posts had something serious to him too. He was headstrong just like me and his wife read him the riot act as well after he came back from shooting and said he had problems trying to focus on the sights of the pistol he was shooting and was blacking out too while standing up. He ended up needing heart surgery.

Point? Listen to your wives and don't be so damn headstrong.

Prayers out, take care of yourself man.

+1
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:55:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks guys. Even a simple sneeze hurts like a knife right now.

On to a better topic, found out that the puppy now knows how to turn on the AC all by herself
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 11:38:45 PM EDT
[#3]
3 orders of 45 home made freedom fries please.

Roger that,

Link Posted: 6/4/2016 11:43:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ontime1969:

Roger that,

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k152/ontime_1969/HomeD/20160604_164320.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/5/2016 12:14:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ontime1969] [#5]

View All Quotes

Roger that,

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k152/ontime_1969/HomeD/20160604_164320.jpg

Hang in there until your surgury.  I bet you will feel a shit ton better after your recovery.  Good luck.  And dont worry you will have us retards to keep you entertained.

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:46:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Wtf?   Where is everyone?  I hope yall are doing ok.

Sa/oU has been dead for a few days now.

Link Posted: 6/7/2016 12:16:27 AM EDT
[#7]

View Quote
I was thinking the same thing my friend. I hope between me, Mauser, and WMD, that the three of us hadn't buzzkilled the thread.

Picked up my meds for my new issues, Naproxen and Tramadol. Much better now, taking the edge off the pain really well. Was finally able to get back to work too. I missed being busy.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 12:19:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I was thinking the same thing my friend. I hope between me, Mauser, and WMD, that the three of us hadn't buzzkilled the thread.

Picked up my meds for my new issues, Naproxen and Tramadol. Much better now, taking the edge off the pain really well. Was finally able to get back to work too. I missed being busy.
View All Quotes

Better living through Chemistry.  Glad you are feeling better.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 12:41:09 AM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

Thanks, my friend.

Today was almost my birthday, so many things came in at once. I got to do my thing and install some parts, so close to finishing the 9mm AR, cannot wait to get it finally done and start with the next lower, going to be a beater build complete with s spray paint camo job. My first spray paint anything, too. FDE does an excellent job concealing somewhat a rifle when viewed upon with night vision and does double duty to keep the gun cool while in the car all day baking in the AZ sun.

Tomorrow me and Rich_V will be going to our favorite LGS and while he's shopping for reloading supplies, I'll be picking up a new pistol. Probably buy some supplies myself while there and maybe a few boxes of my carry ammo to help break this one in

Tonight was funny. The wife asked what I wanted for supper. I said soup or a salad but not both. She did it the arfcom way; both
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 1:15:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks, my friend.

Today was almost my birthday, so many things came in at once. I got to do my thing and install some parts, so close to finishing the 9mm AR, cannot wait to get it finally done and start with the next lower, going to be a beater build complete with s spray paint camo job. My first spray paint anything, too. FDE does an excellent job concealing somewhat a rifle when viewed upon with night vision and does double duty to keep the gun cool while in the car all day baking in the AZ sun.

Tomorrow me and Rich_V will be going to our favorite LGS and while he's shopping for reloading supplies, I'll be picking up a new pistol. Probably buy some supplies myself while there and maybe a few boxes of my carry ammo to help break this one in

Tonight was funny. The wife asked what I wanted for supper. I said soup or a salad but not both. She did it the arfcom way; both
View All Quotes

Thanks, my friend.

I've kinda got the hankering to build a 9mm AR, but I'm not much on 9mm.  Which one did you go with?  The Colt type or the PSA Glock type.  I'd like to do one in .40 or 10mm.  Seen the Odin works uppers for either.  Of course I'd SBR it before 41F goes into effect.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 2:00:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GSL] [#11]

I've kinda got the hankering to build a 9mm AR, but I'm not much on 9mm.  Which one did you go with?  The Colt type or the PSA Glock type.  I'd like to do one in .40 or 10mm.  Seen the Odin works uppers for either.  Of course I'd SBR it before 41F goes into effect.
View All Quotes

Thanks, my friend.

Colt pattern. I actually wanted a Glock pattern, but New Frontier was OOS everywhere and so too was Lone Wolf for their lowers. PSA had no offerings yet and Stag and RRA lowers even in Colt patterns were impossible to find stripped. But CMMG MK9 lowers was prevalent so I went with that. Plus further researching I found out that with a CMMG enhanced bolt I could use any AR15 TCG in it with no worries of the hammers getting damaged and still be able to not lose big money with a deadlined SSA or something similar.

I'd rather do a 10mm too, but feeding it is rather expensive even for reloading in the numbers needed which sucks, because 10mm is all sorts of awesome

I decided on 9x19 because it's my SHTF pistol ammo and I have thousands of it loaded, reloads, and factory cases of it. Easier to process the brass and uses less powder so if times were at a pinch, I can take a pound of something and get 1,600 rounds made and have a lot to go shooting with.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 1:33:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Colt pattern. I actually wanted a Glock pattern, but New Frontier was OOS everywhere and so too was Lone Wolf for their lowers. PSA had no offerings yet and Stag and RRA lowers even in Colt patterns were impossible to find stripped. But CMMG MK9 lowers was prevalent so I went with that. Plus further researching I found out that with a CMMG enhanced bolt I could use any AR15 TCG in it with no worries of the hammers getting damaged and still be able to not lose big money with a deadlined SSA or something similar.

I'd rather do a 10mm too, but feeding it is rather expensive even for reloading in the numbers needed which sucks, because 10mm is all sorts of awesome

I decided on 9x19 because it's my SHTF pistol ammo and I have thousands of it loaded, reloads, and factory cases of it. Easier to process the brass and uses less powder so if times were at a pinch, I can take a pound of something and get 1,600 rounds made and have a lot to go shooting with.
View All Quotes
8I was thinking the same thing my friend. I hope between me, Mauser, and WMD, that the three of us hadn't buzzkilled the thread.

Thanks, my friend.

You think of 9mm the same way I think of 38 special.  I got tons of it.  Always willing tonload kore too.

I nned more SBR build my self.  Not sure what caliber.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 1:37:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Today is my birthday.  I dont know what im getting my self.  I dont have a lot of time today because my kid has her first track meet of the summer tonight.

Link Posted: 6/7/2016 1:38:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ontime1969] [#14]

View All Quotes

Thanks, my friend.

I thought that the 41F was going to make it easier?  Uhoh...
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 2:15:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GSL] [#15]
Today is my birthday.  I dont know what im getting my self.  I dont have a lot of time today because my kid has her first track meet of the summer tonight.

View Quote
Haha, nice! Sheridan_Treadhead in his own words leveled up to 49 today, and Rich_V turned the big 60. Today would have been my grandmother's birthday too but she passed a year ago last month

I miss my Gramsy.

Whatever you get for yourself, take pics and show and tell to us
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 4:44:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Haha, nice! Sheridan_Treadhead in his own words leveled up to 49 today, and Rich_V turned the big 60. Today would have been my grandmother's birthday too but she passed a year ago last month

I miss my Gramsy.

View All Quotes

I miss my Gramsy.

I leveled up to a 46 today.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 5:09:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Happy birthday OT
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 8:15:00 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Doc, hope you had a good one.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 9:35:09 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Happy Birthday fellow arfcom'r! Good luck at the meet too!
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 12:40:38 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

Happy birthday!  
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 4:50:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ontime1969] [#21]
Thanks for the fine birthday wishes everyone.  It was a good day.

After 8 years of not having a espresso machine I finally have one again.  I made one tonight at 9pm.  It was killer.

Link Posted: 6/8/2016 5:00:07 AM EDT
[#22]

After 8 years of not having a espresso machine I finally have one again.  I made one tonight at 9pm.  It was killer.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k152/ontime_1969/Home%20and%20Garage/20160608_014601.jpg
View Quote
Glad to hear that!

We used to have an expresso machine back when we tried out living in Vegas. Damn that was some good coffee but it broke too easily for what we paid for it. never replaced it, we're hooked on a percolator and Keurigs.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 5:05:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Glad to hear that!

We used to have an expresso machine back when we tried out living in Vegas. Damn that was some good coffee but it broke too easily for what we paid for it. never replaced it, we're hooked on a percolator and Keurigs.
View All Quotes

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k152/ontime_1969/Home%20and%20Garage/20160608_014601.jpg
Glad to hear that!

I am going to Vagas on friday.  Any cheap but good gun places or pawn shops i should cheak out?.  Im not a gambler so i will be exploring
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 5:26:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GSL] [#24]

I am going to Vagas on friday.  Any cheap but good gun places or pawn shops i should cheak out?.  Im not a gambler so i will be exploring
View All Quotes

Glad to hear that!

New Frontier Armory if you've been wanting to scratch that 9mm AR itch. Wild West Guns if you're into custom lever actions. Henderson Defense, the owner is a member here and owns Battlefield Las Vegas. There are other shops too, depends on where you will be. Like if you're in Henderson, then Long Mountain Outfitters that is owned by Dan Shea, and he's the guy that runs and started the SAR Show in Phoenix each December. If you like good food, man...Henderson and Las Vegas proper has so much good eats, almost gluttony if you let yourself get carried away

Night life, hit Pete's Dueling Piano bar and and call the night good, very relaxing place and fun atmosphere. If outdoors is your thing, Valley of Fire on the other side of the 215 and see some really cool petroglyphs. Calico Basin is another cool place.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 8:57:58 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

!!!!
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 8:58:32 AM EDT
[#26]
This tickled my fancy this morning.

Link Posted: 6/8/2016 8:59:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Sorry I've been a bit absent.

Real life, yo. I switched jobs and it's been kicking my butt, trying to get back in gear. It's great that I already know how to do the job, just gotta get used to being on the move 98% of the day.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 12:20:13 PM EDT
[#28]
New Frontier Armory if you've been wanting to scratch that 9mm AR itch. Wild West Guns if you're into custom lever actions. Henderson Defense, the owner is a member here and owns Battlefield Las Vegas. There are other shops too, depends on where you will be. Like if you're in Henderson, then Long Mountain Outfitters that is owned by Dan Shea, and he's the guy that runs and started the SAR Show in Phoenix each December. If you like good food, man...Henderson and Las Vegas proper has so much good eats, almost gluttony if you let yourself get carried away

Night life, hit Pete's Dueling Piano bar and and call the night good, very relaxing place and fun atmosphere. If outdoors is your thing, Valley of Fire on the other side of the 215 and see some really cool petroglyphs. Calico Basin is another cool place.
View All Quotes

Glad to hear that!

Excelent thanks for those great tips.  I will be using some of them for sure.  I might have to cheak out the petroglyphs.  We have them down here also.  And I lived in Reno for years and seen them up there.  Lots of reginal differences
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 12:24:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Compass:

https://youtu.be/jVPJzmpnmjs
View Quote

Lol that was bad ass.

Link Posted: 6/8/2016 12:25:12 PM EDT
[#30]

Real life, yo. I switched jobs and it's been kicking my butt, trying to get back in gear. It's great that I already know how to do the job, just gotta get used to being on the move 98% of the day.
View Quote

Yea Life, it gets in the way some times.  Lol

Link Posted: 6/8/2016 8:30:32 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Heard about this the other day, glad someone found it on the Tube.

I'm gonna have to let it buffer all night so I can watch it.  

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 12:14:27 AM EDT
[#32]
#GDtearsAreDelicious

Link Posted: 6/9/2016 1:21:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 1:25:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 1:30:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 1:31:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 1:33:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 1:49:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Kitties-with-Sigs:

Well...it's a small and has been used (and looks it), or I would gladly send it to you.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kalahnikid:
A couple years ago my aunt took her two daughters and their girl scout troop to Iceland and they contacted the US embassy there to ask for advice on stuff to do, and the embassy was so happy any Americans wanted to come to Iceland they gave them a full embassy tour.

That is pretty common here actually.  

There is  a lot of stuff to do here.  Glacier walks, volcano tours, horseback riding, hiking, biking, ect.  You just have to get a guide for the most part.  There are a lot of American tourists here everytime we come here.  Just walk down the street, and listen.  You can tell.    Most everyone speaks English as a second language, but you can tell the American accents.

The place where Regan told Gorby to shove it is right down the road.  Most of yall wont remember that, it was 1986, and not very publicized.  But it eventually let to the Berlin wall coming down.

I was TDY at Checkpoint Charlie about six months before Regan's speech in Berlin asking Gorby to "Tear down this Wall."

I remember all of that.

I've got a hat with WWRD (What would Reagan do?) embroidered on the front.

I'm afraid to wear it.
Shoot, I'm not afraid to wear a hat like that. Where I live people will be bugging me asking where they can get one for themselves

Well...it's a small and has been used (and looks it), or I would gladly send it to you.
I'm a 7 and a 1/2 hat size. Thanks though.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 1:57:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GSL] [#39]

Really glad you found out what it was. I'm playing catch up so hope you're still okay and this is going to be simple.

Old soldiers still think they're bulletproof.  
View All Quotes
Well I now know what's wrong with me. Wife read the riot act so off we went to the emergency room. The fevers I had been getting from the tonsil acting up had caused pleurisy. The X-Ray's showed that there was a piece of jacket between where the fluid built up was and the ribs. While coughing from the the cold the jacket and the outer lung layer were rubbing so hard and pushing outwards that it cracked a rib. No wonder I blacked out while shooting

Got a few shots, some meds and prescriptions made to pick up later this morning when they open up at 0800. I have surgery on the 16th in Phoenix to remove that jacket fragment.

Saintmark, another arfcomer but rarely posts had something serious to him too. He was headstrong just like me and his wife read him the riot act as well after he came back from shooting and said he had problems trying to focus on the sights of the pistol he was shooting and was blacking out too while standing up. He ended up needing heart surgery.

Point? Listen to your wives and don't be so damn headstrong.

Really glad you found out what it was. I'm playing catch up so hope you're still okay and this is going to be simple.

Old soldiers still think they're bulletproof.  
I'm doing much better, the pleurisy is almost gone, but they are worried about an infection so I got more meds for that today during my semiannual check up. Lab results were way better than the last two times. Life changes with my diet and more physical therapy so I can actually go out and do things has helped a lot and has given me new founded motivation for life...and the fact that this "old" soldier needs all the help he can get to keep up with his eight years apart younger wife
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 2:03:13 AM EDT
[#40]

Lol that was bad ass.

View All Quotes

Lol that was bad ass.

That was awesome.

Navy pilot
Aerospace engineer that worked on Hubbel
AGT was the highlight of his life and careers.

Link Posted: 6/9/2016 2:23:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Navy pilot

View Quote

In my life, a Navy pilot was the guy that got you into the harbor.

The guy that flew the planes was an aviator.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 3:04:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 3:07:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 4:04:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Ohio:

View All Quotes
Navy pilot

True.

His words not mine.

I guessed he meant aviator due to the aerospace background.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 7:53:42 AM EDT
[#45]

Are you Geek Squad again?
View All Quotes

Are you Geek Squad again?

I wish. That'd be so much better. Sadly, there's not a store near us.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 1:22:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kitties-with-Sigs] [#46]
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 2:40:20 AM EDT
[#47]
So hey...I will ask here in Sa/oU...

How does one utilize Blockbuster's on-demand movie service thingy?

Kitties is not techy.

ETA:  The deal is we have some leftover blockbuster gift cards.

They may be worthless...or they may be of value to someone who could use this on-demand movie thingy.

I have no clue.  The only on-demand thing I'm experienced with is what drink you want me to make.
View Quote

Shoot, I didn't know BlockBuster still existed.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 7:36:00 AM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes
So hey...I will ask here in Sa/oU...

How does one utilize Blockbuster's on-demand movie service thingy?

Kitties is not techy.

ETA:  The deal is we have some leftover blockbuster gift cards.

They may be worthless...or they may be of value to someone who could use this on-demand movie thingy.

I have no clue.  The only on-demand thing I'm experienced with is what drink you want me to make.

Lol me neither.

See if you can download the app on what ever device.  Sign up through app,  stream.  I would verifiy that old gift card is still good.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 7:38:09 AM EDT
[#49]
I love driving through the desert in the middle of the night.  Heading to LasVegas. It will be light soon.  Still have a few hundred miles to go.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 12:33:23 PM EDT
[#50]
I love driving through the desert in the middle of the night.  Heading to LasVegas. It will be light soon.  Still have a few hundred miles to go.
View Quote

Page / 1010
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top