BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1010
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 6:42:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ohio:
Well, things "broke" overnight.  I'm not sure if it was the antibiotics or what, but was fairly OK today.

Before work, I took a Benadryl, then forgot and took another.  Hard to stay functional!

View Quote

Yes!!
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 12:27:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Compass:

Yes!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Well, things "broke" overnight.  I'm not sure if it was the antibiotics or what, but was fairly OK today.

Before work, I took a Benadryl, then forgot and took another.  Hard to stay functional!

Yes!!

I had a 9 plus pound weight loss in two days after starting antibiotics and Lasix.  A fair bit of retained fluid and swelling went down.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 4:53:22 PM EDT
[#3]

I had a 9 plus pound weight loss in two days after starting antibiotics and Lasix.  A fair bit of retained fluid and swelling went down.
View All Quotes

Yes!!

Ok sweet, more good progress.  You must have been holding a lot of fluid, i bet some of that was in your lungs.  Breathing better too?

Link Posted: 6/17/2016 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#4]
This is the stuff my family in mississippi and in mountain country of North Carolina listen to.  Its not my normal but yall know bluegrass is some good stuff

Link Posted: 6/17/2016 8:06:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 8:11:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Since we're on to an old school kick...

Link Posted: 6/17/2016 8:23:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ontime1969:
This is the stuff my family in mississippi and in mountain country of North Carolina listen to.  Its not my normal but yall know bluegrass is some good stuff

https://youtu.be/xjQRzH-S_JM

View Quote

So weird. I was listening to the Tom t hall version earlier today aND that was a suggested video.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 10:44:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 10:46:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Kitties-with-Sigs:

I almost asked you, "are they ____  _____  ______?"

And then I saw a photo of them elsewhere.  I would have been right!

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kalahnikid:
Originally Posted By dpmmn:

HK takes proud to a new level though

I just got the most expensive mags Ive ever bought in the mail today. They are not Sig or HK though.

I almost asked you, "are they ____  _____  ______?"

And then I saw a photo of them elsewhere.  I would have been right!

Im pretty excited, had them out a few times tonight for fondling
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 10:51:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kitties-with-Sigs] [#10]
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 10:52:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 10:54:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Are those your first waffles?

View Quote

Yeah, Ive wanted one for like 10 years. I know its silly
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 10:56:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 10:59:16 PM EDT
[#14]

It's not silly.   You got the retro thing going. You're "eat up with it" as the old timers around here used to say.
View All Quotes

It's not silly.   You got the retro thing going. You're "eat up with it" as the old timers around here used to say.

What have you been up to lately?
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 11:04:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 11:04:52 PM EDT
[#16]
decluttering

In fact, I need to get offline so I can go do more of that.
View Quote

Ive seen your fb posts.

Still planning on building a garage?
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 11:28:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Ok sweet, more good progress.  You must have been holding a lot of fluid, i bet some of that was in your lungs.  Breathing better too?

View All Quotes

Yes!!

Quite a bit, but not great.
Baby steps...
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 11:29:48 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

I do love this song.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 11:58:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Really glad.  

Make sure you come on here and ask for prayers SOONER rather than later. :0)

I know you started antibiotics, and I know you had other people praying for you beyond us, but every one added to the energy of it helps.  All those focused prayers make a serious difference.

You know...for the most part, I had to unlearn a whole heap of things I had beaten into me by church when I was growing up.  But there's a few things--I could probably count them on two hands...maybe even just one hand-- that I took away from the Pentecostal Holiness church that I could not have learned anywhere else (Note: There are lots of variations of said church, and that's not the only name of them), or seen demonstrated beyond just the "theory" spoken of by other  more "mainstream" denominations.

One of them is the demonstrated power of a whole group of people praying at once, focused on one person/thing.

It can move some mountains if the recipient is willing and the prayer warriors are clear-minded and focused on the same end, to the good of the recipient.

I'm glad I know that.

I have seen it more times than I can count.  

View All Quotes

Really glad.  

Make sure you come on here and ask for prayers SOONER rather than later. :0)

I know you started antibiotics, and I know you had other people praying for you beyond us, but every one added to the energy of it helps.  All those focused prayers make a serious difference.

You know...for the most part, I had to unlearn a whole heap of things I had beaten into me by church when I was growing up.  But there's a few things--I could probably count them on two hands...maybe even just one hand-- that I took away from the Pentecostal Holiness church that I could not have learned anywhere else (Note: There are lots of variations of said church, and that's not the only name of them), or seen demonstrated beyond just the "theory" spoken of by other  more "mainstream" denominations.

One of them is the demonstrated power of a whole group of people praying at once, focused on one person/thing.

It can move some mountains if the recipient is willing and the prayer warriors are clear-minded and focused on the same end, to the good of the recipient.

I'm glad I know that.

I have seen it more times than I can count.  

I agree, but I suffer from a severe condition called "concern".

I don't want to worry people.
I really don't even want people to know how grave my actual condition really is.

So I keep it to myself.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 12:03:04 AM EDT
[#20]

Baby steps...
View All Quotes

Yes!!

Baby steps...

Baby steps suck when your sick.  But it is damn sure better than getting worse.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 12:08:02 AM EDT
[#21]

I do love this song.
View All Quotes

I do love this song.

The wife and I are big grunge fans.  You know we were smake dab in the middle of the movment.  But when we are on the east coast and doing road trips in the south sometimes you can find this great old blue grass music on the am dial out in the middle of no where.  We would crank it and giggle but we ended up respecting and enjoying the quality of the music they made.  It was not like today wii in th auto tunes and computers making the music.  The guys and gals made the music them selves.  Great stuff
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 1:19:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 1:20:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 1:48:07 AM EDT
[#24]

We figured it out all on our own.

So tell us when it gets bad.
View Quote

I love my Kitties.

OK, it's better than Tuesday and Wednesday; it still ain't great.
It's trending downwards right now.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 12:43:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 12:58:21 PM EDT
[#26]

I havae been very sick; diverticulitis and bronchitis.  Swelling and fluid retention putting pressure on my diaphragm.  Can't breathe well, can't think.
The humid weather is NOT helping.  I have been diagnosed with severe chronic bronchitis. That means it won't go away.

Living on hydrocodone, benadryl, guaifenesin, etc.  Just started antibiotics, been hammering NSAIDs hard too.
Not sure living is worth the pain.

If I go to hospital it's another several thousand, and all they do different is give me prednisone IV.  So I am on the nebulizer hard, which gives me the fucking shakes, which hurt...

At least I have AC and an O2 tank at work.
View All Quotes
Everyone's been so quiet!

I havae been very sick; diverticulitis and bronchitis.  Swelling and fluid retention putting pressure on my diaphragm.  Can't breathe well, can't think.
The humid weather is NOT helping.  I have been diagnosed with severe chronic bronchitis. That means it won't go away.

Living on hydrocodone, benadryl, guaifenesin, etc.  Just started antibiotics, been hammering NSAIDs hard too.
Not sure living is worth the pain.

If I go to hospital it's another several thousand, and all they do different is give me prednisone IV.  So I am on the nebulizer hard, which gives me the fucking shakes, which hurt...

At least I have AC and an O2 tank at work.

Prayers for you sent on flying carpets. One of my oldest friends wife has diverticulitis....it has plagued her for the past 10 years, she's now in her late 50's....her surgery has been scheduled for late July to remove a foot or so of intestine. She educated us about the agony and peril of this thing many of us were ignorant of before. Deepest good wishes/prayers for your cure and healing.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 1:00:47 PM EDT
[#27]

I never said SIG wasn't proud of their magazines

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Eagle34:

I got these from smith and wesson for 15 bucks each.  They are slightly used.  I see no difference between these and the one i just bought 3 months ago.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_848047_-1_757889_757837_757837_ProductDisplayErrorView_N

I think the sale is still going on.

It looks like the sale is going on but they only have 45 mags left.

@ $15.00 when are they being delivered

S&W is always very proud of their magazines

Unlike Sig.

I never said SIG wasn't proud of their magazines

And the Mount Everest of mag proud, KAC at $120 for a 20 rounder in .308.....why? Cause they can....this is nothing new for them, they were the most expensive 15 years ago too.

Their 5.56 mags have KAC marked followers, the late TR sent me a bag full of followers to enjoy a few years ago.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 1:09:44 PM EDT
[#28]

<a href="http://s6.photobucket.com/user/Iron_Airship/media/waffle1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/Iron_Airship/waffle1.jpg</a>

No silly, the SP1 was released in 1964....these were made just before that.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GSL:

I just got the most expensive mags Ive ever bought in the mail today. They are not Sig or HK though.
FN?

ETA: Original SP1 mags knowing that this you ?

<a href="http://s6.photobucket.com/user/Iron_Airship/media/waffle1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/Iron_Airship/waffle1.jpg</a>

No silly, the SP1 was released in 1964....these were made just before that.

Much admire! Nice family portrait!

I have a few of those "relics." Sly reached into a lower shelf in the vault some years ago and pulled out a few stone mint waffles in a zip loc baggie, Mr. Mag Collector started it up: "You have waffle mags and you didn't tell me? You have the rarest of all AR mags and don't show them to me?" Shoulda seen the look on his face as he rationed out the shit....JD calmed him down.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 1:10:31 PM EDT
[#29]

It sounds better when there is a Rickenbacker plugged in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jNt7ZGCW-o

View All Quotes

It sounds better when there is a Rickenbacker plugged in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jNt7ZGCW-o

Remember when that hit the radio...
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 1:11:10 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Not silly.....rounds out the klekshun!
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 1:14:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By WWIIWMD:

I have a few of those "relics." Sly reached into a lower shelf in the vault some years ago and pulled out a few stone mint waffles in a zip loc baggie, Mr. Mag Collector started it up: "You have waffle mags and you didn't tell me? You have the rarest of all AR mags and don't show them to me?" Shoulda seen the look on his face as he rationed out the shit....JD calmed him down.
View Quote

I wish I could afford to keep them all, but much of my retro AR collection has been funded through buying a quantity of something and selling off what I dont "need" until my costs are lower.

I havnt had a really good "score" in a couple years though. I hit a couple retro jackpots right in a row and ended up with some pretty early parts fo' free.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 2:31:57 PM EDT
[#32]

I wish I could afford to keep them all, but much of my retro AR collection has been funded through buying a quantity of something and selling off what I dont "need" until my costs are lower.

I havnt had a really good "score" in a couple years though. I hit a couple retro jackpots right in a row and ended up with some pretty early parts fo' free.
View All Quotes

I like the funding process... its a hobby unto itself.

You selling some?
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 2:39:27 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm gonna sell two on Gunbroker and hopefully they will bring gunbroker prices.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 3:17:14 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

What are GB prices IYO?

Been so long since I saw one there in nice condition...
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 3:20:43 PM EDT
[#35]

What are GB prices IYO?

View All Quotes

What are GB prices IYO?

I saw one about 3 months ago where a couple bidders took it to 350. I also saw one go in the EE for 350 about a month ago.

Theres one a gb with a starting bid of 350 with no takers thats been relisted multiple times but its not in great shape.

A decent condition one sold in the EE 3 months ago for 310.

Theres your 6 month recap.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 3:43:48 PM EDT
[#36]

I saw one about 3 months ago where a couple bidders took it to 350. I also saw one go in the EE for 350 about a month ago.

Theres one a gb with a starting bid of 350 with no takers thats been relisted multiple times but its not in great shape.

View All Quotes

What are GB prices IYO?

Thanks for the road report. Agreed, that seems to be near a going price.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 1:06:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 1:21:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 1:22:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 1:26:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 1:32:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 2:38:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Darnit, this used to be my late-night drinkin' thread.  

I'm drinkin' for the first time in months.        It's late.  

But y'all ain't here.

View Quote

Great Jackson Browne story.

Getting ready for breakfast.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 11:05:22 AM EDT
[#43]

So...do you have CHF at all?  

You don't have to say.  Your health is personal and I'm asking online.  Just...that much fluid and you were having trouble breathing....
Made me wonder.
View All Quotes

Yes!!

So...do you have CHF at all?  

You don't have to say.  Your health is personal and I'm asking online.  Just...that much fluid and you were having trouble breathing....
Made me wonder.

Echo and ultrasound all say my heart is working better than expected for a man my age.
More inflammation than dropsy.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 8:07:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Are you arizonians all surviving?
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 10:13:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 10:15:34 PM EDT
[#46]

The way this thread has been moving, I'd say it's ready for a toe tag
View All Quotes
Are you arizonians all surviving?

The way this thread has been moving, I'd say it's ready for a toe tag

What do you want from me?
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 10:16:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 10:16:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 10:27:45 PM EDT
[#49]

We're posting airplane pictures?
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 11:04:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 1010
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top