Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 2:20:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Early on it was ok, then just turned into drama.

Bitchin rides is slowly turning into the same thing it seems, less focus on the cars and more on drama and bs antics.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 2:28:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My favorite episode was the one where they didn't think they'd have enough time to finish the bike they were building, but then they did.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/4/2020 2:32:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I enjoyed watching it with my dad, before the drama (shit show) began.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 2:42:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 3:07:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I liked the show at first, but I thought they were all retards.  Kind of surprised that Mikey didn't actually wear pants on his head.  After awhile I'd just watch the first 5 minutes of the show to see if they were building something or just suing each other again.

I liked the bikes they designed, but the execution...

I got to see the Miller Welding bike up close at a welding supply place, or at least they were claiming it was the same bike from the show.  What a pile of shit.  Looked like it was built by children.  Shitty welds, spatter all over, air bubbles in the paint.  I think the drama in the show was created to cover up the fact that their bikes are really garbage.

I'd still rather have one of their bikes than anything made by Jesse James, though.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 3:09:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

At least Jesse James built his whole bikes from the ground up, frames and all, and he was looking to innovate.  The Teutles bought frames and built the same bikes over and over with lots of crap hung on them for decoration.  I'll admit some of them looked cool, but it got old fast.  Once it turned into a full on soap opera, I was done.

Does Jesse James build bukes again or is he still making guns?  Didn't he sell everything before he moved to Austin to build guns?
View Quote

Jesse has a shop at home in Dripping Springs and builds a bike or two. He also is a partner in Austin Speed Shop. They mostly do hot rods.

Jesse has actual talent, very skilled as a welder. He took some classes in welding from my cousin, he said Jesse was one of the most naturally talented welder he has ever seen.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 3:11:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've met them in real life and they are alls assholes. Like serious assholes.
View Quote

I have heard that from a lot of people.  I saw Senior riding an orange dresser coming from the opposite direction. I gave him a cool wave and he ignored me. My FXR was much cooler than his bike. I think he was jealous.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 3:12:41 PM EDT
[#8]
It was fun at first but before long every episode was like every other episode.

If you want to see a real craftsman, check out Allen Millyard, a Brit who has built a V-Twin that uses DC-3 cylinders, a V-8 based on a Kaw Z-1,

4 and 5 cylinder 2-strokes and a V-12 Kaw based on a KZ 1300, all in a shop that is about 800 square feet. He has a bunch of videos on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ozHzlrKXfo
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#9]
They basically welded doodads on after-market frames , didnt build their motors or tranny's and if you had a problem with said motor or tranny they told you to contact the manufacturer
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 3:17:15 PM EDT
[#10]
There was a thread about American Choppers here in ARFcom right after the split.
One poster knew a lot of the inside info on the show and would post up a gem every now and then.

One afternoon I was bored as shit and I googled up everything I could find out about those guys.

Holy shit, Senior is one fucking crooked motherfucker who fucked over his own family.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 3:19:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
One builder who's bikes I really liked was the dude who owned Exile? bikes, British dude with a minimalist style. He had a short lived tv show as well.
View Quote

He looked like Billy Idol.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 3:20:58 PM EDT
[#12]
It seemed like they assembled two wheeled erector sets from outsourced parts, including engines and paint.

Aside from welding on random baubles, I don't remember a whole lot of "custom fabrication".

It would be like me assembling an IKEA bureau and calling myself a cabinetmaker.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 3:22:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm glad the chopper trend is over. Bunch of guys bought $25,000 bikes and now they can't give the damn things away. Local bar is Harley central and at one point every guy who had a chopper would show up to show it off.  2:30 am would bring a thunderous roar as everyone spooled up their straight pipe S+S motor. Nowadays a few guys show up on their dressers and leave early.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
There was a thread about American Choppers here in ARFcom right after the split.
One poster knew a lot of the inside info on the show and would post up a gem every now and then.

One afternoon I was bored as shit and I googled up everything I could find out about those guys.

Holy shit, Senior is one fucking crooked motherfucker who fucked over his own family.
View Quote

I remember that. Seemed SR didn't feel the need to pay certain contractors for their services. Something along the line of how they should be just privileged to do bro bono work for them cuz we famous. Had some serious debts in the end regardless.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 3:28:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My favorite episode was the one where they didn't think they'd have enough time to finish the bike they were building, but then they did.
View Quote

Wasn’t that ALL of the shows?
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 3:34:04 PM EDT
[#16]
How to lose $60,000 in Ten years.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 3:37:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Those bikes looked like a train wreck waiting to happen!
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 3:41:10 PM EDT
[#18]
I liked the show. It was entertaining.

I have run into Paul Sr. a couple times. His camp is up near me. Nice, humble guy.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 3:44:10 PM EDT
[#19]
They built ugly bikes.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 3:50:38 PM EDT
[#20]
I could be a writer on that show.

Everything the same

Get a bike project, they have 2 weeks to finish for a show and every show is Sr. yelling at Jr. about getting it done on time.

Then throw Mikey in as comic relief.

Stupid show. Watched 1st season and then every episode was the same.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 4:03:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Correct.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/db/a8/0d/dba80dd84f1cf2ea6370d2508824300b.jpg

I also liked Billy Lane's stuff but lost respect when he killed a guy when DUI. Indian Larry is about the only one worth respecting out of all of them and he's been dead for years.

View Quote

Pretty bike. Why can
t they build a nice chopper with dual front discs? To me, a bike just doesn't look right unless it has two disks up front.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 4:12:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

BEHOLD!!!

Attachment Attached File

The OCC 9/11 tribute bike. Can you imagine riding this thing on a highway? You crash, you get turned into shredded beef!
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 4:19:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Damn, first thing I thought of when I saw that:
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 4:24:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

BEHOLD!!!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/383325/image_jpeg-1620061.JPG

The OCC 9/11 tribute bike. Can you imagine riding this thing on a highway? You crash, you get turned into shredded beef!
View Quote

Too bad it didn’t shred the piece of shit sitting on it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 4:34:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Jesse has a shop at home in Dripping Springs and builds a bike or two. He also is a partner in Austin Speed Shop. They mostly do hot rods.

Jesse has actual talent, very skilled as a welder. He took some classes in welding from my cousin, he said Jesse was one of the most naturally talented welder he has ever seen.
View Quote

Jesse isn’t part of Austin Speed Shop any longer.

Still builds bikes.  Still builds vehicles.  Still builds guns.  

He’s got one of the best painters in the biz on full time.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 4:39:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Jesse isn’t part of Austin Speed Shop any longer.

Still builds bikes.  Still builds vehicles.  Still builds guns.  

He’s got one of the best painters in the biz on full time.
View Quote

He is also doing Monster Garage again. He just finished filming the first season.

Also, his first Motorcycle Mania is what kicked off the Chopper TV show nonsense. This started it all, and also kicked off my passion for 2 wheels.

https://vimeo.com/172814943
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 4:44:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Agree with the Spider-Man bike and I don't even like comics. I also still have a Mikey bobblehead. There was a weird chopper/custom bike fascination going on in the early 2000's with that show, Biker Build-Off and the whole Jesse James crew. Those were some of the highest rated shows on cable TV. Apolotical entertainment is best entertainment.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 4:46:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 5:02:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

BEHOLD!!!

View Quote

They should have let Bloomberg take it out.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 5:26:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It was fun at first but before long every episode was like every other episode.

If you want to see a real craftsman, check out Allen Millyard, a Brit who has built a V-Twin that uses DC-3 cylinders, a V-8 based on a Kaw Z-1,

4 and 5 cylinder 2-strokes and a V-12 Kaw based on a KZ 1300, all in a shop that is about 800 square feet. He has a bunch of videos on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ozHzlrKXfo
View Quote

Millyard does incredible work.......

His homemade Velocette V-twin is spectacular
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:43:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

BEHOLD!!!

View Quote

That's a joke, right?
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:47:33 PM EDT
[#32]

Pretty funny.  And accurate.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

BEHOLD!!!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BEHOLD!!!

Aside from it being an utter trainwreck and having a megalomaniac midget sitting on it, know what the first thing that leaps out at me on that thing is?

Those amazing welds at the bottom of the fork where the pivot for the front suspension attaches.

Horrid.... I don't run around calling myself a professional welder and I have done better work then that.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 9:08:13 PM EDT
[#34]
About 20 minutes from here. Cool looking bikes that looked impossible to ride. Enjoyed the first few years and then lost interest
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 9:18:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Bike show in Nashville and OCC bunch was there signing autographs. A guy handed the old man his hat to sign and old man hollered " I don't sign counterfeit hats" and threw the hat across the room.
View Quote

There’s a guy in Orange County California that has made a fortune off of making Fake OOC crap as well as other proprietary items .
Items sold at Swap Meets .
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 9:32:02 PM EDT
[#36]
This is more my style.

That crap and the drama was stupid.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 10:01:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
BEHOLD!!!

View Quote

A much better OCC bike and owner.

Link Posted: 10/4/2020 10:04:09 PM EDT
[#38]
I liked the POW/MIA bike.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 10:04:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

He is also doing Monster Garage again. He just finished filming the first season.

Also, his first Motorcycle Mania is what kicked off the Chopper TV show nonsense. This started it all, and also kicked off my passion for 2 wheels.

https://vimeo.com/172814943
View Quote
No shit? Best tv news all year.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 10:13:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
No shit? Best tv news all year.
View Quote

https://www.discovery.com/motor/jesse-james-returns-to-discovery-in-an-all-new-season-of-monster

Jesse James on bringing “Monster Garage” back right away
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 10:16:42 PM EDT
[#41]
My sister lives in Port Jervis, New York which is very close to where Orange County Choppers was.  I visited their sort of store front museum with many of the bikes made on the show.  Was cool.  

I have a picture of me with Arlen Ness at Sturgis in 2005.  Will try to find it.  Indian Larry had already died in his accident but they had several of his bikes there to look at.  I liked his stuff the best.  They were works of art with a ruddy primitive feel to them.  Really cool.

Now I think I will warm the Sportster up tomorrow and go for a ride...  

Patrick
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 10:18:56 PM EDT
[#42]
I was on a flight with them once from NY to CLT. Seemed nice. Build or Bust was my favorite bike show during that time.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 10:21:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ohh, I remember that one.  Was a real nail biter.

I watched the show pretty regularly, until the yelling became the show and the bikes became secondary.

I really like American Hotrod.  Boyd and Duane were douches, but most of the shop guys were cool to watch.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 10:25:43 PM EDT
[#44]
I cant believe deadliest crabs is still on tv
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 10:30:28 PM EDT
[#45]
 I really like Vinnie and Rick.  Jr and SR where douches.

the first couple of season were ok
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 10:38:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Didn't Edgar Hansen get pinched for some underaged girl shit?   I thought that would have been the end of that show...  Or at least the Hansen family part of it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 10:46:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Didn't Edgar Hansen get pinched for some underaged girl shit?   I thought that would have been the end of that show...  Or at least the Hansen family part of it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't hear about that but I did read that the Hillstrands blew an engine, retired and put the Time Bandit up for sale.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 12:54:02 AM EDT
[#48]
They all look like scum assholes and those things they built look like hot garbage.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 8:27:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think Sig is an executive producer and had a hand in creating the show. He has been the only one there from the start.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 8:32:51 AM EDT
[#50]
I watched the first couple of seasons.  I really liked the fabrication and craftsmanship.

I grew to hate the drama.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top